Forcing Input as Uppercase on User Form

Hi

can any one advise me how to amend the following code to ensure :-

(a) only two letters are input

(b) they are converted to upper case

(c) how do you centre the text in a message box header as I have use
spaces to achieve this

Code used

inputVal = TextBox1

Do Until ActiveCell = inputVal

ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select
If ActiveCell = "" Then
MsgBox ("Sorry Not Found - Please Input the first two letter
only e.g. RG ") ", vbInformation, "
Warning !! "
Unload UserForm1
UserForm1.Show
End
Else
End If
Loop

Excel version 2000

Many thanks for any help

Regards

Ro

--
robertgu

44 Married two kid
robertguy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=596
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26813

Hi
a)
use something like
if len(result)<>2 then ....

b)
use result=ucase(result)

c) you can't with a messagebox (or at least not with a lot of API
tricks).

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"robertguy" <robertguy.1dyqhy@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:robertguy.1dyqhy@excelforum-nospam.com...

http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=5963
> View this thread:

frank.kabel (11126)

Force Uninstall
All, A coupla questions . . . Suppose I just want to forcefully uninstall Exchange 2000 from a server, and an org. Currently the uninstall fails because (as mentioned in a previous post) I have users that still show as being on that server, however the store that those users were on is no longer there (because of a disaster). Is there some way to force the uninstall? Another question. I have two healthy clustered machines running currently. Suppose I just remove the object for the old exchange server from the ESM? Assuming I have performed all of the other steps steps (like moving o...

convert input file with list of paths+filenames output to list of
I have a text file containing a list of path or folder names and filenames, and I wish to convert it to a list of path or folder name only -- using .vbs language (wscript or cscript) Example, the content of the input text file. C:\Users\Alex\Desktop\abc.xls C:\Users\Chong\Desktop\abc.xls C:\Users\Mona\Desktop\abcDEX.xls C:\Users\Siva\Desktop\abc.xls C:\Users\Thong\Desktop\adrbc.xls Output text file : C:\Users\Alex\Desktop C:\Users\Chong\Desktop C:\Users\Mona\Desktop C:\Users\Siva\Desktop C:\Users\Thong\Desktop Please use simple coding. Thank you very much in advanc...

Problem with Domain user as local administrator
Hello, I have a problem with the authentication of users to access services. I have a domain with Windows 2008 R2 and all servers are W2008 R2. I want to add a domain user as local administrator into the server and not appears on the list, but says if it is. If I logon on that server with the domain user works fine but does not have administrator access because some complement is not allowed. I turned off the UAC and so the server can access. The problem comes when the user wants to access such a SQL and indicates that the domain is not trusted. It does not seem to ha...

data form
Is there a way, with a data form, to allow the user to only input one record. For instance, I have a macro that opens the data form, uses "SendKeys" statment to start a new record. It then relies on the user to press Enter at the end of the record and then the close button to exit from the data form. Is there a way for it to close after they've entered the last field? TIA Steve You can't program the built-in data form, but you could build your own, or try John Walkenbach's Enhanced Data Form. http://j-walk.com/ss/dataform/index.htm Steve Simons wrote: > Is...

user receives mail that is addressed to a different user
I have a user who receives mail that is addressed to a different user. My user: joe_user@domain.com receives mail for henry_hu@domain.com. I have blocked henry_hu@domain.com in the recipient filtering setting and have also enabled "filter recipients who are not in the directory". Henry Hu does not exist in AD. Any ideas how this happens? How to block it? If I go to an external account and send to henry_hu@domain.com it is immediately rejected. The filter is enabled, on both servers. I have a single front-end and a single back-end. Any insight into this matter would be ...

Locking The Outlook so user can not change the view.
Is there any way to lock Outlook 2000 and or Outlook 2003 so user can not change the view setting under the View Menu? I have several user that keeps changing the view and ask me to change it back. They will swear that they did not change. I will to lock it down so they can not loose any toolbar or anything else. Thank you Belmont ...

Simple form, impossible to find a solution
Hi all, My quesdtion is very simple. I'd like to create and use forms in Word 2007 in the same way I used them in Word 2003. Let's have a look to my problem. I need to create, example, a table with 3 columns (example): ================================================== |Name| |Address| |phone number| ================================================== Now I wish to place text fields in each row. [Text field] [Text field] [Text field] My question: Whe...

Problem with popup form on a single record
I have a record that has a form for a user to enter information into. If the user needs to add additional information, a popup screen (popup and modal) comes up for them to add additional information. Both forms service one record. Occasionally, and I can't seem to define it exactly, I get an error message saying that another user (I'm the only user) is trying to update the record and I have three choices: Save the information, write it to the clipboard or dump the information. The last time I saved it, I corrupted the entire database and had to start all over again. The...

forcing user input into cells
howdy all... i'm new to doing stuff with excel have a bit of a background in javascript programming what i'm trying to do is force a user to enter something, anything int a specific cell if the user tries to tab past the cell and leave it blank, i want a error to come up, telling them that they have to enter something befor they can continue on with entry into other cells any help would be much appreciated -Thank -- georgi ----------------------------------------------------------------------- georgio's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=164...

Force quit
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Closing Word get error message &quot;A file error has occurred. Check your network connections or make sure the disk is properly inserted&quot; Am then required to use force quit. Anybody have solution? Make sure Office & OS X are fully updated. If they are & you still encounter the problem, crashing on Quit is usually the result of one of theses causes: Need to repair disk permissions Damaged preference files Corrupt Normal.dotm template See this page for the respective links in t...

Forcing Appointments
I use outlook to schedule appointments with my customers with specific employees. I have a scheduling department that does this scheduling via outlook. The employees have no option to reject or modify these appointments; therefore, I would like to force this on their calendar with them having to accept it and not allowing them to modify it. Additionally, I need to know real time once they are scheduled. Right now I don't know they are scheduled until they accept and that sometimes takes too long and then they are inadvertently double booked by the scheduling department. So how do ...

I need to make a form out of an image already on my publisher page
I have some "boxes" with information and a checkmark box in an image i copied into a publisher document...... I didn't realize I wouldn't be able to use the checkmark box or highlight anything because it is an image...not a form. Someone made the boxes for me as images.... she isnt' familar with publisher but said I should be able to lay a form over the image......but I have searched and I can NOT figure out how to do anything like that....... HELP........ :( Place the form on the Master Page (View menu), create text boxes for the fill-ins on the publica...

Time Input Mask to show "5:35pm" ONLY
Hi there, I am trying to get me date/time field in both the table and form to show only 0:00pm... 5:35pm as an example. I have tried a few different input masks the closest one I have got is 0:00\pm, however when I type the time into the field (by only typing 535) it automatically changes to 5:35AM. I don't need the AM option at all as all times entered will be a PM time. Therefore I want it to automatically update as PM. I also only want to have to type the numbers as indicated before 535. I don't want the leading zero (05:35pm) and I dont want to have to type the : no...

Restricting users to Send e-mail
Hi, I would like to restrict few of my user in sending e-mail within the same domain to a bunch of internal users. I have 2 users who shouldn't be able to send any e-mail to 150 internal users. Do we have any better method to do it? I already came across a method of denying the sender in each user but that's very cumbersome. Also 2 user is my internal user and I can't use SMTP connector to restrict them. Any ideas? Do these folks still need to be able to email to the outside world and/or other internal users? If not, then remove their permissions to access Exchange res...

crm email for remote users
Hi, I have a client with 10 remote users who wants to implement MSCRM. The remote users use a hosted POP3 email service, not Exchange. Can Sales for Outlook be configured so that when a CRM email is sent, the email uses their hosted service's profile in Outlook? Thanks No this will not work CRM will only work against an exchange server. "Gene Marks" <gene@marksgroup.net> wrote in message news:OEg340vPDHA.3236@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I have a client with 10 remote users who wants to implement MSCRM. The > remote users use a hosted POP3 email ...

Clarification on EWS/Exchange 2007 free/busy issue
Clarification: Free/busy is denied to any user that has been granted specific access to a user's calendar when EWS is used to add/change a permission for a person or group. If the user is a member of a security group listed with access to the calendars, all users in the group will be denied access to free/busy to the calendar. We've discovered that when a user uses EWS (version 13.0.3) to modify calendar permissions (Exchange 2007) on his/her calendar that this causes an issue where the free/busy info is no longer available to any user listed/granted specific access to the u...

How can a user view a MSCRM custom report through SharePoint without being a user of MSCRM?
Is it possible to achieve the followings: Question: 1 We create a custom report with the data from MSCRM 3 and upload the rdl file in the reports in IIS. We have people who are not the users of MSCRM but the users of SBS domain and can access SharePoint Services. We now want to create a link for this report in SharePoint site so that these users can view this report even though they are not the users of MSCRM In other words, how can a user access a custom report developed on MSCRM database through SharePoint without being a user of MSCRM? Question: 2 We need to change the format of the q...

kicking off a prompt box requiring input when any cell in column C is keyed in
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0015_01C402D8.C91DEE70 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I'm exploring the possibility of having a prompt box pop up when any = cell has data keyed in it in column C. For instance if Column C was requiring and answer such as Yes/No and = "yes" was keyed in (or selected from a drop down box), how could I bring = up a box that would force the entering on required data in the adjacent = columns D:F?=20 TIA, AlanN ------=_NextPart_000_0015_01C402D8....

Open Access 2000 mdb to a specific form / record
Is it possible to send a link in an email that would open an Access 2000 mdb to a specific form and record? I have a PO database that sends an email to the approver notifying them that PO0000 is waiting their approval. They would like a link in the email that would take them directly into the application and the PO they are to approve. To generate the email I'm using: DoCmd.SendObject acSendNoObject, , acFormatHTML, strTo, strRequestor, , strSubject, strMessage, 0 Thanks ...

Unable to open access 2007 input form .
Unable to open access 2007 input form. Previously converted database from MS Office Access 2000. When trying to open input form with macro get error message " The open form action was canceled" along with error number "2950". For response please email me mlongoria1948@msn.com. I tried to write this email address on sign-up form but program would not allow it . ...

Change field form Long to Double Precision
is there a way, using code, to change all of the numeric fields in a database (preferrably in selected tables but not necessarily so) form Long to DOuble Precision? Greetings, Henro Veijer Execute a DDL query statement to change the field type, e.g.: ALTER TABLE MyTable ALTER COLUMN MyField DOUBLE; Introduction to DDL, and example: http://allenbrowne.com/func-DDL.html#ModifyFieldDDL List of the names to use in DDL, compared to the names in the Access interface: http://allenbrowne.com/ser-49.html -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access us...

Problem emailing verizon users
I've used Windows Mail under Vista successfully for several years. Now, in the last 2-3 months, people with verizon.net email addresses no longer receive my emails. Everyone else does. I can receieve their email, however. Can anyone help with this? What happens when you reply to a received message? Does it never get there? Do you get a rejection message? Did the recipient check the server side spam filters? steve "Chaspo" <Chaspo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3ECE62F1-CA4F-4804-86BA-B77FDA82D343@microsoft.com... > I've use...

User's Guide--can we get this thing some other way?
I do not have broadband and using the user's guide the M05 is driving me crazy. Is there any other way to get the info so that old fogies like me who actually prefer to read a book can function? Apparently Most Users Prefer(tm) it this way... "Donna Ford" <cdford@integrity.com> wrote in message news:OKm4tJWNFHA.2252@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > I do not have broadband and using the user's guide the M05 is driving me > crazy. Is there any other way to get the info so that old fogies like me who > actually prefer to read a book can function? Gina Carrillo has...

Splitting leads to multiple users.......
Hi, I have sales person who has 50 leads. and i have 5 users now i want all these leads to distribute among all the users of 10 each. with proper contact info of each lead... how can i achiev this with MSCRM1.2 without any integration... Regards, Richard, You can multi-select (<CTLR>-click) the leads from the list view and the use Action..Assign to assign them to another rep. Matt On 16 Feb 2004 01:01:10 -0800, iamiamiam_77@yahoo.com (Richard I.P) wrote: Hi, I have sales person who has 50 leads. and i have 5 users now i want all these leads to distribute among all the users of 10...

Unknown User when Sending Appointments on Behalf.
To all- I have a secreatry who sets up appointments on behalf of a partner here. However, when recipients accept or reject the appointment the message gets bounced back saying The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. Check the e-mail address, or contact the recipient directly to find out the correct address. Her account is functioning properly otherwise. Using Exchange 2000 in conjuction w/ Outlook 2002. ...