Forced print margin

Excel, Word, etc. seem to be forcing a 0.46" bottom
margin when I print a document, even though I may set a
different margin (like 0.25" for instance). I have
discussed this with my computer manufacturer and "they"
say it is a Windows issue.  Any thoughts?
0
anonymous (74718)

Pete

I would have thought that it was more of a printer problem.
..25" seems a bit low as the printer will probably lose
grip at the bottom of the page.

See the documentation for your printer and consider fit to
Page in printer Set Up.

Regards
Peter

Printing #6
If you have two columns that are frozen in a worksheet and then you have additional columns to the left of them. How you print your frozen panes with one of the other columns only and have each set on the same page. For example, column 1& 2 are frozen and you want to print Columns 1, 2, 3 on one page together, then on the next page you want to print columns 1,2,4 together on a page and so on. How would you accomplish this. I have tried but can't seem to get the additional columns like 1,2,4 on a page together it alway comes up as two seperate pages. Is there a way to do so...

Printing problem #10
I have a page size of 5.5 x 8.5 set up. When I try to print, one side is upside down. This is with publisher 2007. I had hoped it would be simplified. Can anyone lead me out this mess. I need this publication out the door ASAP!!!!!! Michael in Oak Ridge, TN -- Music washes the grunge of daily living. After you select Print, look at the Printer Preferences and see if you find an option to "flip" page or something similar. -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "Michael" <Michorium@comcast.net> wrote in message news:72E458E4-E928-4E2E-81F7-B75BBFEA48B1@m...

Printing thumbnails of charts
How can I create and print a page of thumbnail-size images of charts I created in Excel XP? Thanks Ed -- Ed ...

Word Printing and Rotation of Landscaped Pages
When printing a document with mostly portrait pages but some landscapes, the landscape page is rotated for printing and is rotated so that the page top is on the right hand side of a traditional portrait page. I want it to rotate 180 degrees from that so that the bottom of the landscape page is on the right hand edge of the portrait page. Cannot seem to find a place to do that. Help !!! I don't think Excel can do that. Mike wrote: > When printing a document with mostly portrait pages but some landscapes, the > landscape page is rotated for printing and is rotated ...

Duplex printing separate worksheets in the same workbook
Can anyone tell me how to set up configuration (if possible) to print worksheets in the same workbook duplexed on the printer. I have tried settings in the page setup and with the printer and so far have had no luck. any ideas? Tim ...

Printing 1 of ? pages.
Is it possible to print two copies of the same sheet onto one sheet (A5 onto A4 size) and have each A5 sheet numbered 1 of 2, 2 of 2 even though thy are on one sheet. I can print one sheet at a time numbered 1 of ?, 2 of ? ... up to a number entered in cell I2 using:- Sub PrintCopies_ActiveSheet_() Dim CopiesCount As Long Dim CopieNumber As Long CopiesCount =Range("I2") For CopieNumber = 1 to CopiesCount With ActiveSheet .Range("C12").Value = CopieNumber & " of " & CopiesCount .PrintOut End With Next C...

Force Uninstall
All, A coupla questions . . . Suppose I just want to forcefully uninstall Exchange 2000 from a server, and an org. Currently the uninstall fails because (as mentioned in a previous post) I have users that still show as being on that server, however the store that those users were on is no longer there (because of a disaster). Is there some way to force the uninstall? Another question. I have two healthy clustered machines running currently. Suppose I just remove the object for the old exchange server from the ESM? Assuming I have performed all of the other steps steps (like moving o...

How to print label by using Report Writer?
Hi; Is there any ways to print label by using Report Writer? I want to print some product registration card with serial number on it. I want to print 6 to 8 registration cards on a letter size paper, different serial number printed on each card. Something like the address lable. Can it be done in Report Writer? Kane You can use the Divider tool in the Report Writer to create columns a size the body section to be the height of one label. Use the Page Header and Page Footer sections to set the non-printable areas at the top and bottom of the page. It will take a little trial and e...

Printing to Adobe
I get a runtime error everytime I print an invoice to Adobe 6.0. What's the deal? The invoice prints to the adobe distiller and creates the PDF. However MS Money crashes, sometimes it restarts itself to the sign on location other times, it just closes. Is there a fix? Below is error I get: Program: msmoney.exe R6025 - pure virtual function call I am using: MS Money 2006 Small Business version 15.0.150.513 In microsoft.public.money, Caddant wrote: >I get a runtime error everytime I print an invoice to Adobe 6.0. What's the >deal? The invoice prints to the adobe distiller an...

forcing user input into cells
howdy all... i'm new to doing stuff with excel have a bit of a background in javascript programming what i'm trying to do is force a user to enter something, anything int a specific cell if the user tries to tab past the cell and leave it blank, i want a error to come up, telling them that they have to enter something befor they can continue on with entry into other cells any help would be much appreciated -Thank -- georgi ----------------------------------------------------------------------- georgio's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=164...

Prints blank page first?
I created a publication on one computer (Pub 2000, Win98SE), burned it to a CD, and am trying to print from another computer (Publisher 2000 with Win2000 and an HP Deskjet printer). Ctrl+P, Print page 1 to 1 - and I get a blank sheet coming out first, then Page 1. Same thing happened with Page 2. Did I miss a setting somewhere? Ed Did you try copying the file to the hard drive first and then print? Open the printers and fax folder in the control panel, right-click your printer, properties, advanced tab, separator page button, clear anything it may say in the "separator page"...

Printing Duplex
When trying to print duplex from and Excel doc with multiple sheets (18)(and tried new workbooks with less), each sheet is printed on a new page in stead of back to back. The printer settings are correct because Word,Powerpoint etc. prints duplex 100%.Multifunction copier with correct drivers installed.I've also tried printing to a HP laserjet 2200 with duplex option, selecting "print on both sides" and this also does not work.Problem with Excel itself?Is it possible? Mauricio Smit wrote: > When trying to print duplex from and Excel doc with > multiple sheets (1...

How to print header all page
I create assetNo header (difference number of record for each assetNo) in my report and set keep together for each assetNo. If data in any assetNo more than one page, My report does not print assetNo header on next page. Where am I wrong. Nova wrote: >I create assetNo header (difference number of record for each assetNo) in my >report and set keep together for each assetNo. >If data in any assetNo more than one page, My report does not print assetNo >header on next page. To get a group header to appear on each page in addition to the start of the group, you need to set t...

Range with formulas prints blank pages
I have developed a Timesheet that uses Data Validation fields and If Then statements. To allow our managers to have plenty of rows, I have extended the range of rows with the formulas down about 300 rows. Unfortunately, the existence of the the If then statements, which refer to the cells being "validated" causes the print area to extend well beyond the actual data, thus printing many blank pages. I have tried to find a way to limit the print area to the actual data but unable. Can anyone help? Many thanks in advance. Chris Cantele modify this defined name to suit....

Printing sizes all wrong
If I create a rectangle 5cm high by 13.5cm wide and print it it comes out 14.2cm wide and 4.7cm high. Two 13.5cm wide rectangles should fit on a landscape page but they overflow onto a second page. I'm using A4 paper and page setup and the print dialog say I am on A4. If I print the same rectangle using Word in prints exactly correct. This sounds as though Excel thinks it's using a US letter size paper even though all the dialog boxes say it's A4. Does anyone know if there is a hidden default somewhere I need to tweak? TIA Peter Peter Getting Excel to behave like that is ...

Why does my washed out picture only print when printing in gray sc
When I print in full colour all of the other graphics and text prints except for the picture I have as a washed out background. When I print in gray scale the picture prints out perfectly fine. Why is this?? Thanks One post per topic per poster is sufficient. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Stephanie" <Stephanie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1B2EDE50-6668-4903-96E6-E15E0A8E69E5@microsoft.com... > When I print in full colour all of the other graphics and text prints > except > for the picture I have as a washed out background. ...

How to include subtotals for a database when printing !
I have to print a large database with several columns of figurs, running in to number of pages. Is there any possibility to include a subtotal for selected colimns at each page break automatically? The page break keeps on changing with data addition or removal so I dont want to insert subtotalevery time the page braek changes to a different place. -- M Imran Buhary ...

Applying Print Settings to Several Spreadsheets At Once
I want to apply the same print settings to several spreadsheets in a workbook at once. I realize I can't apply all print settings across spreadsheets, but I am almost sure that there are some which can be applied across multiple spreadsheets. But I can't remember how to do it. I would appreaciate any help anyone can offer on this. On the bottom tab, right click then select all sheets then change your print settings. "JR_06062005" wrote: > I want to apply the same print settings to several spreadsheets in a workbook > at once. I realize I can't apply all pr...

W-2 Printing
We're selecting individual employee ID's and Client IDs wihen printing W-2's when we trace it the server is grabbing all employee ids anyway. Is there any way to force the server to actually use the passed employee ids? GP 7.5 MS SQL server Thanks, GTM ...

page setup will not print landscape
I am trying to print an excel sheet in landscape. When I go into the page setup it's default orientation is portrait. I click the landscape option, but the print preview doesn't change. It doesn't print in landscape either. This is version excel 2002 on office xp. The latest software updates for xp and office have been applied to my computer. The printer is an HP LJ 4000N also updated with the latest drivers. Any suggestions? Thanks, -Tim Go into your printer properties and verify that if you change orientation there it actually happens. IF not remove your printer ...

printing #5
Version: v.X Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Why won't a document with bullets in it print in 10.6? Any line with a bullet in front of it doesn't print rather the printer stops at the first such line and ejects the page On 9/29/09 3:14 PM, in article 59b7d8b0.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "altaguy@officeformac.com" <altaguy@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: v.X > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) > Processor: Intel > > Why won't a document with bullets in it print in 10.6? Any line with a bullet > in...

Printing selected addresses on Outlook 2000
I am try to figure out how to take specific contacts and print them out without printing all of my contacts. Can you help? Thanks, Joel Select the Contacts you want to print (hold the Ctrl key down to select multiple items). Select File | Print and check the option to print only selected items (or selected Rows if you have a list view displayed instead of the address card view). -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! "Joel" <gswcgi@earthlink.net> w...

Refusing to print seperations
I have just upgraded to Publisher 2003 (w/Office 2003) and after finishing our 16-page 2-color (spot color) newlstter discovered that Pub2003 will not print seperations unless you are using a postscript 2 printer! I have checked the knowledge base and discovered article # 825781 that addresses this isse, but the resolution proposed does not work. Has anyone experienced this problem and is there a working solution? I have had no problem printing seperations in other versions of Publisher up to now. (Working in WinXP Pro - Service Pack 1) Thanks for any help you can give! Ken C. Act...

Force quit
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Closing Word get error message &quot;A file error has occurred. Check your network connections or make sure the disk is properly inserted&quot; Am then required to use force quit. Anybody have solution? Make sure Office & OS X are fully updated. If they are & you still encounter the problem, crashing on Quit is usually the result of one of theses causes: Need to repair disk permissions Damaged preference files Corrupt Normal.dotm template See this page for the respective links in t...

Forcing Appointments
I use outlook to schedule appointments with my customers with specific employees. I have a scheduling department that does this scheduling via outlook. The employees have no option to reject or modify these appointments; therefore, I would like to force this on their calendar with them having to accept it and not allowing them to modify it. Additionally, I need to know real time once they are scheduled. Right now I don't know they are scheduled until they accept and that sometimes takes too long and then they are inadvertently double booked by the scheduling department. So how do ...