Footers/Headers in Excel

Can I paste from Word to a custom header or footer in Excel?
0
sls (2)

Yes. Select what you want in Word and copy.
Go to custom header spot. You need to click in there and hit ctrl;v
There's no command to actually paste (like right clicking).
ctrl;c = copy
ctrl;v = paste

"sls" wrote:

> Can I paste from Word to a custom header or footer in Excel?

Receiving excel files
Whenever I receive an Excel file through email and try to open it, I receive the error message 'file format is not valid'. These are all .xls files. Any suggestions on how to fix this problem ??? Doug What versions of XL? (if you have versions before 97 and you are sent 97 or above, the file formats are different) -- HTH Nick Hodge Southampton, England nick_hodge@btinternet.com "Doug" <dwire90@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:01ae01c3903a$31837eb0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Whenever I receive an Excel file through email and try to > open it, I receive the...

How do I format the tabs of a worksheet in Excel?
I am wondering if there is way to change the font size, font color, or tab color so it is easier to keep my sheets straight. I dont really want to make a table of contents or anything like that, I just need certain sheets to stand out more than others. If you have Excel 02, you can change the colors by right clicking on the tabs, If your version is earlier, you are out of luck "s_e_morin" wrote: > I am wondering if there is way to change the font size, font color, or tab > color so it is easier to keep my sheets straight. I dont really want to make > a table of...

How do I set up my expense/income statement in excel?

Excel charts won't appear or preview. Help!
Hello, In Excell 2003 I cannot get my charts or graphs to appear or preview. I was able too at first. But I accidentally hit right click and then clear several times after having created template line chart for the first time. This subsequently one at a time removed different aspects of my chart until my chart was gone. And now i cannot get the charts to appear again. Not even a preview. Thank you in advance foe your help and advice. This problim has been solved. Thank you. ...

Excel Oddity
Dear all, Someone showed me an if statement, which was not working. The cells to which it referred were all formatted correctly (currency / accountancy) yet the statement returned an error. I deleted the cells in the logical test and re-entered them...I did not change the formatting, and this time it worked. To the best of my knowledge currency signs, commas etc were not entered manually but via cell formatting. Anyone met this before? Thanks Danny Perhaps you could post the formula in question. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www...

excel macro...PLEASE HELP!
Hi there, Here's what I would like to know how to execute. Assuming I have created a macro in place in a file. When I open that file, I want that macro to run...how do I do it? Thank your for reading and any suggestions are welcomed! Hi Jack Rename it Sub Auto_open() -- HTH. Best wishes Harald Followup to newsgroup only please. "Jack" <tangjack@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:00e601c38ceb$78b050d0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hi there, > > Here's what I would like to know how to execute. > > Assuming I have created a macro in place in a file. When...

Printing Form to Include All Options in Excel
Hello, I am extremely new to creating forms in Excel so bare with me here! Is there a way that I can print my form so that all options in my list box appear? I have a list box that is extremely long, so on the electronic version I want to have a scroll bar to save space. However, when I go to print, I would like all options to be visible. Can I do this w/o having to make the list box extremely long on the elctronic version so that all options are visible? Maybe you could print the list from a worksheet range? LostAndConfused wrote: > > Hello, > > I am extremely new to cr...

How to make a header a hyperlink
Is it possible to format a custom header as a hyperlink (i.e. to link back to a table of contents from any page)? In a cell type Back to TOC Right click on that cell and go to Hyperlink On the left hand side click on Place In This Document Hit the + beside Cell Reference Pick the sheet your TOC is on This is assuming that your Table of Contents is on a different sheet i the same workbook. Post if otherwise -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

difference between Excel 2000 and Excel XP, and Excel 2002
I would like to know what the differences are between Excel 2000 and Excel XP, and Excel 2002 Go to John Walkenbach's site www.j-wal.com Lots of info there. -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in e-mail address "Eleanor" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CD9A6D01-EA2F-4031-B6C6-99E2E2DD0EE3@microsoft.com... > I would like to know what the differences are between Excel 2000 and Excel XP, and Excel 2002 This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0062_01C3F6CA.F29BA860 Content-Type: multipart/alt...

macro in excel to copy from excel to word
i have a database in excel...which i would like to take more advantag of. I also have some forms in Word that I was hoping to be able to get the to be automatically completed using the excel database. Initially thought this would be quite simple.... just record the macr then modify it to suit. This using simple copy from excel and paste into word document, o pasting into form..field..values. I have done a little before with excel macros - to a level of 'usin excel programming for dummies' book. But really do not know where t start now. Have seen this: "Dim appWD As Word.Appl...

Arrange Footer
I have a file with 31 sheets and every sheet has a footer ABC 6/1. How can I arrange this footer in all sheets to ABC 6/0. Thanks in advance. Hi Max, Select all sheets. To do this, select the first sheet then hold the Shift key down and select the last sheet. Note: Selecting the first sheet and holding Shift before clicking another sheet selects all sheets in between. Holding Ctrl key, you can individually select additional sheets. Open Page Setup and edit the footer and it will apply to all selected sheets. -- Regards, OssieMac "MAX" wrote: &...

Footer Settings in an Excel Sheet
Hi, I am setting up the footer to an Excel page through VBA Script but sometime, the left footer is not starting from the extreme left (i.e., it leaves some spaces and seems like started from the column B). The following script used to set up the footer. Range("A3:M101").Select With ActiveSheet.PageSetup .LeftHeader = "" .CenterHeader = "" .RightHeader = "" .LeftFooter = analyst .CenterFooter = filename .RightFooter = mydate .LeftMargin = Application.InchesToPoints (0.236220472440945)...

inserting file's location in footer
I often get word docs with the file's address inserted in on the bottom of the page such as the following example: C:\Documents and Settings\Lenovo User\My Documents\doc name How do I insert a file's location in the footer of a document? Thanks- asf66 In Office 2003: Click View->Header and Footer. The Header and Footer menu should appear along with the Header box. Click on the icon "Switch between Header and Footer" (ninth icon) and the Footer box will appear for you to type your text. Close box when done. When editing you can simply click on the foot...

formating multiple excel .csv files
Hi all I've a folder with about 100 subfolders all containing around 10 .csv files. I need to format all these files using the same formatting (remove some lines, distribute some text to differnt columns etc) Question: Is there any way I can for example set up a macro to do the formatting I need but then automatically make it run through all the csv file in the folder structure ? I look forwart to any responses and appreciate any advice on the topic. Cheers Gerry R Your question is so vague that only outline answer possible which is Yes. I would suggest you have standard names for...

Outlook XP not journaling Word, Excel, or Powerpoint
For some strange reasons, Outlook 2002 (XP Pro) is no longer logging my usage of Excel and Word files. I have all the options checked on Tools|Options| Journal Options. Also, the corresponding registry setting (e.g,, HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Microsoft/Shared Tools/Outlook/Journal/Word/Enabled) is set to 0x00000001 (1)). The date of the last log entry appears to coincide with the time when I installed "Enterprise Harmony," a program to synchronize Outlook with Casio pdas. Any suggestions? Gabriel ...

Excel2000: ODBC query from protected Excel file
Hi Is it possible to force ODBC query (Data.GetExternalData.NewDatabaseQuery.ExcelFiles) from another (closed) Excel table to work, when this another table is protected with password (File.SaveAs.Tools.GeneralOptions.PasswordToOpen). At moment I get 'Could not decrypt file.' message, and data aren't retrieved, whenever the source table isn't opened before. -- Arvi Laanemets (Don't use my reply address - it's spam-trap) ...

multiple headers in data table
Hi, I need to have my data table header row split into 2 separate rows. one for a name, the next row for their position. Is this possible, or will i have to make it work with just the one row? Hi, yes, but it doesn't look that great. Try laying your data out like this and then charting it. Position Name Amt Mgr Student1 2 Student2 4 Student3 1 Student4 2 Student5 8 Staff Student6 1 Student7 1 Student8 2 Student9 8 Student10 8 Actor Student11 5 Student12 9 Student13 2 Student14 6 Student15 4 Personally, I am in favor of putting the data below the chart in the spreadshe...

Printing MS Word Doc From MS Excel
Hi, I have a workbook in Excel where I want to be able to place a button that will print a letter that has been created in a seperate MS Word documnet. I have tried recording a macro but nothing happened. Is there a way to link the two together to enable this 'button' to produce the letter ?? Thanks Anthony I put a commandbutton from the Control Toolbox toolbar on a worksheet. This is the code I used (double click on that commandbutton and paste this code): Option Explicit Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() 'Dim WDApp As Word.Application 'Dim WDDoc As Word...

How can I expose the actual column & row headers in excel?
We have a timesheet program an employee created for our company. She hid all the formulas and calculations. I have unprotected the sheet and am trying to adjust the code but the acutal headers are hidden and I cannot highlight them to unhide them. (ex: the actual column headers, ABCD, ets & the row headers, 123) Juanita Wrote: > We have a timesheet program an employee created for our company. She > hid all > the formulas and calculations. I have unprotected the sheet and am > trying to > adjust the code but the acutal headers are hidden and I cannot > highlight...

footer
How do I add personalize message like my telephone numer, address My name at the end of my message instead of me having to write it all the time It's called a signature. Use the help button and you will find all the steps on how to make one. Next time you post here, please state your version of Outlook as the solutions vary depending on your version. Judy Gleeson - MVP Outlook Acorn Training and Consulting Canberra, Australia see what Outlook training can do to improve productivity: www.acorntraining.com.au/pdfdocs/ProductivITwithOutlook.pps www.acorntraining.com.au/productivit.h...

Footer
I have my email address as the footer in many of my print outs. Is there a way I can change all of them to my new address at one go? They are in various files and folders. Thanks for any help. Regards Dennis Alternatively could I have my email address as the default footer? And then change all footers to this? Hi not really possible to change all in one go. Would require a macro which loops through all your workbooks. But for setting a default create a new workbook with this footer and save the file as template (*.xlt) and use this template -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany &qu...

Opening Excel Issue
When I opene an excel file is opening a blank book1 spreadsheet, ... Yes, it does that by default and that can be changed. What do you want Excel to do? HTH Otto "Mayer Wancejer" <Mayer Wancejer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BD6E3C65-D161-491A-B356-0179326015CF@microsoft.com... > When I opene an excel file is opening a blank book1 spreadsheet, ... ...

Excel 97 problem
I go to type a model number NDR-A into a cell. I type 'NDR' then when I press '-' the 'N' disappears! Any ideas? Gareth I would check Tools>AutoCorrect for starters. If nothing apparent there, do you have any code behind the worksheet? Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 06:38:38 -0800, "Gareth" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I go to type a model number NDR-A into a cell. I >type 'NDR' then when I press '-' the 'N' disappears! > >Any ideas? ...

MFC headers
I have consulted Jeff Prosise's, "Windows with MFC" and some online documentation and it is far from clear which headers I include for various MFC features. In general I have #include <windows.h> // For anything low-level Windows (but I am unhappy at such a monolithic header) #include <afx.h> // For what exactly ??? #include <afxwin.h> // For CDialog #include <afxstr.h> // For CString Any comments? Stpehen Howe This info might help you: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vclib/html/vclrfmfcclas...

Dual Axis Horizontal Bar Chart in Excel-can I avoid overlapping ba
hello, I have a simple table of data with 2 columns of numbers, which I'm trying to build into a simple horizontal bar chart Problem is that the 1 column's numbers are much greater than the other, so this means that makes the smaller series' bars look very small. I would like to see both displayed together however, but if I put it on a secondary axis it overlays one on top of the other, rather than side-by-side Is there an easy way to stop this happening? any help would be greatly appreciated cheers griff This link shows how to handle this with column charts. For bar cha...