footer in excel #2

What is the easiest way to make a footer in excel that will print ON EVERY
PAGE?  EXCEL 2000
0
LED1 (1)

Page Setup
Header/Footer
Put your entry in Footer

"LED1" <LED1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
: What is the easiest way to make a footer in excel that will print ON EVERY
: PAGE?  EXCEL 2000

0
nospam202 (664)

date formula #2
Hi i am trying for a way to work out how i can formulate the date, ie. if today is 17 November 2003, i want to import data from date 1 Novemeber 2003 how would i do this and what formulae would i use? any idea ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com =today()-1 GB "jaggosai" <jaggosai.x32sz@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:jaggosai.x32sz@excelforum-nospam.com... > > Hi i am trying for a way to work out how i can formulate the dat...

macro in excel to copy from excel to word
i have a database in excel...which i would like to take more advantag of. I also have some forms in Word that I was hoping to be able to get the to be automatically completed using the excel database. Initially thought this would be quite simple.... just record the macr then modify it to suit. This using simple copy from excel and paste into word document, o pasting into form..field..values. I have done a little before with excel macros - to a level of 'usin excel programming for dummies' book. But really do not know where t start now. Have seen this: "Dim appWD As Word.Appl...

difference between Excel 2000 and Excel XP, and Excel 2002
I would like to know what the differences are between Excel 2000 and Excel XP, and Excel 2002 Go to John Walkenbach's site www.j-wal.com Lots of info there. -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in e-mail address "Eleanor" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CD9A6D01-EA2F-4031-B6C6-99E2E2DD0EE3@microsoft.com... > I would like to know what the differences are between Excel 2000 and Excel XP, and Excel 2002 This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0062_01C3F6CA.F29BA860 Content-Type: multipart/alt...

Receiving excel files
Whenever I receive an Excel file through email and try to open it, I receive the error message 'file format is not valid'. These are all .xls files. Any suggestions on how to fix this problem ??? Doug What versions of XL? (if you have versions before 97 and you are sent 97 or above, the file formats are different) -- HTH Nick Hodge Southampton, England nick_hodge@btinternet.com "Doug" <dwire90@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:01ae01c3903a$31837eb0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Whenever I receive an Excel file through email and try to > open it, I receive the...

How do I format the tabs of a worksheet in Excel?
I am wondering if there is way to change the font size, font color, or tab color so it is easier to keep my sheets straight. I dont really want to make a table of contents or anything like that, I just need certain sheets to stand out more than others. If you have Excel 02, you can change the colors by right clicking on the tabs, If your version is earlier, you are out of luck "s_e_morin" wrote: > I am wondering if there is way to change the font size, font color, or tab > color so it is easier to keep my sheets straight. I dont really want to make > a table of...

Excel Oddity
Dear all, Someone showed me an if statement, which was not working. The cells to which it referred were all formatted correctly (currency / accountancy) yet the statement returned an error. I deleted the cells in the logical test and re-entered them...I did not change the formatting, and this time it worked. To the best of my knowledge currency signs, commas etc were not entered manually but via cell formatting. Anyone met this before? Thanks Danny Perhaps you could post the formula in question. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www...

Excel charts won't appear or preview. Help!
Hello, In Excell 2003 I cannot get my charts or graphs to appear or preview. I was able too at first. But I accidentally hit right click and then clear several times after having created template line chart for the first time. This subsequently one at a time removed different aspects of my chart until my chart was gone. And now i cannot get the charts to appear again. Not even a preview. Thank you in advance foe your help and advice. This problim has been solved. Thank you. ...

How do I set up my expense/income statement in excel?

Arrange Footer
I have a file with 31 sheets and every sheet has a footer ABC 6/1. How can I arrange this footer in all sheets to ABC 6/0. Thanks in advance. Hi Max, Select all sheets. To do this, select the first sheet then hold the Shift key down and select the last sheet. Note: Selecting the first sheet and holding Shift before clicking another sheet selects all sheets in between. Holding Ctrl key, you can individually select additional sheets. Open Page Setup and edit the footer and it will apply to all selected sheets. -- Regards, OssieMac "MAX" wrote: &...

Print contacts #2
I would like my notes to appear when I print my address book from Outlook. Thanks. Add the notes field to the view you are using for your Contacts folder, and then when you print, you should see your notes. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:12fae01c3f693$82e8b4e0$a501280a@phx.gbl, RWhite wrote: > I would like my notes to appear when I print my address > book from Outlook. > > Thanks. ...

Footer Settings in an Excel Sheet
Hi, I am setting up the footer to an Excel page through VBA Script but sometime, the left footer is not starting from the extreme left (i.e., it leaves some spaces and seems like started from the column B). The following script used to set up the footer. Range("A3:M101").Select With ActiveSheet.PageSetup .LeftHeader = "" .CenterHeader = "" .RightHeader = "" .LeftFooter = analyst .CenterFooter = filename .RightFooter = mydate .LeftMargin = Application.InchesToPoints (0.236220472440945)...

inserting file's location in footer
I often get word docs with the file's address inserted in on the bottom of the page such as the following example: C:\Documents and Settings\Lenovo User\My Documents\doc name How do I insert a file's location in the footer of a document? Thanks- asf66 In Office 2003: Click View->Header and Footer. The Header and Footer menu should appear along with the Header box. Click on the icon "Switch between Header and Footer" (ninth icon) and the Footer box will appear for you to type your text. Close box when done. When editing you can simply click on the foot...

formating multiple excel .csv files
Hi all I've a folder with about 100 subfolders all containing around 10 .csv files. I need to format all these files using the same formatting (remove some lines, distribute some text to differnt columns etc) Question: Is there any way I can for example set up a macro to do the formatting I need but then automatically make it run through all the csv file in the folder structure ? I look forwart to any responses and appreciate any advice on the topic. Cheers Gerry R Your question is so vague that only outline answer possible which is Yes. I would suggest you have standard names for...

footer
How do I add personalize message like my telephone numer, address My name at the end of my message instead of me having to write it all the time It's called a signature. Use the help button and you will find all the steps on how to make one. Next time you post here, please state your version of Outlook as the solutions vary depending on your version. Judy Gleeson - MVP Outlook Acorn Training and Consulting Canberra, Australia see what Outlook training can do to improve productivity: www.acorntraining.com.au/pdfdocs/ProductivITwithOutlook.pps www.acorntraining.com.au/productivit.h...

Excel 97 problem
I go to type a model number NDR-A into a cell. I type 'NDR' then when I press '-' the 'N' disappears! Any ideas? Gareth I would check Tools>AutoCorrect for starters. If nothing apparent there, do you have any code behind the worksheet? Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 06:38:38 -0800, "Gareth" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I go to type a model number NDR-A into a cell. I >type 'NDR' then when I press '-' the 'N' disappears! > >Any ideas? ...

Footer
I have my email address as the footer in many of my print outs. Is there a way I can change all of them to my new address at one go? They are in various files and folders. Thanks for any help. Regards Dennis Alternatively could I have my email address as the default footer? And then change all footers to this? Hi not really possible to change all in one go. Would require a macro which loops through all your workbooks. But for setting a default create a new workbook with this footer and save the file as template (*.xlt) and use this template -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany &qu...

Opening Excel Issue
When I opene an excel file is opening a blank book1 spreadsheet, ... Yes, it does that by default and that can be changed. What do you want Excel to do? HTH Otto "Mayer Wancejer" <Mayer Wancejer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BD6E3C65-D161-491A-B356-0179326015CF@microsoft.com... > When I opene an excel file is opening a blank book1 spreadsheet, ... ...

deleted mailboxes #2
I am running Exchange Server 2003 and I have a question about deleted mailboxes. I'm new to Exchange 2003 and I've been reading thru the documentation and I came across this: "The mailbox is not removed from the store immediately. The next time the mailbox management process runs, it marks the mailbox as deleted. The mailbox remains in the store, viewable using Exchange System Manager, for the length of time that is specified by the mailbox store settings Keep deleted mailboxes for (days) and Do not permanently delete mailboxes and items until the store has been backed up...

Excel file in use error
This error occurs with spreadsheets which contain macros, they cannot be ammended nor deleted by a network administrator! any ideas???? ...

Sum subform footer with criteria
I have a continuous main form. In the form header I have an unbound combobox ([cboLot_Num],1 col only) wth approx 6 selections from a totals query row source. I would like to select an item like "LotNo 3" from the combobox, and in the main form footer, show the count of alll records that meet that criteria in [Location]. Can't seem to get the syntax right. Footer field name is [Lot_Count] =sum(iif([Location] = "LotNo 3",1,0)) --works =sum(iif([Location] = [cboLot_Num],1,0)) --fails with #error There are 20 "LotNo 3" [Location] records. Tried all kinds of ...

Hyperlink in Excel 2000 can't open bookmarked Word 2000 file
In Excel 2000, I tried to create a hyperlink to a bookmark in a Word 2000 document. When I clicked the "bookmark" button in the "insert hyperlink" dialog box, I got a message saying Excel could not open or parse the file. I can create a hyperlink to the beginning of the file and, in Word, it appears that the bookmarks are there since I can "go to" them. Both of these worked ok for me: (Insert|hyperlink style) C:\MY DOCUMENTS\WORD\MyDoc.DOC#bkmk01 Or =hyperlink() style: =hyperlink("C:\MY DOCUMENTS\WORD\MyDoc.DOC#bkmk01") You may want to post what...

Excel file parsing
Dear All, I got to open an excel file and read the cells.Is there any library avilable in SDK(VC++ 6.0)? Thanks. Vinodh Kumar P hi, You can use the Excel COM object and its functions to read the cells from excel. This IIRC isnot part of the SDK. I am not sure if excel reader is installed whether we can use the excel control to read the cells. Another way out is you can check up the excel file format and read the cells on your own. May be you want to look at openoffice.org or chicago.sf.net for some sample code. hth gangadhar Vinodh Kumar P wrote: > Dear All, > ...

Footer
Hi, The report has PCODES header and PCODES footer. I used the textbox to create the COUNT([PCODES]) at the PCODES' footer. At the result, I got 3, 4, 2, 1, ....25 ( it counted each PCODE). For example, the PCODES will be 121213, 121214........121225 EX: PCODE 121213 121214 121213 121214 121213 121214 = 3 121214 = 4 I would like to sort these results so that the biggest number will be appeared on the top of the report. ...

pasting highlighted text from Word to Excel and back
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I am trying to paste text in Word into Excel - and back again - and retain the text highlighting from Word. Excel won't pick up the highlighting at all from Word. And Excel insists on highlighting entire cells and not individual letters if try highlighting characters there. Is there a way to do this? I suspect maybe not ... <br><br>If not, I have a large document with various colored highlighting I need to do some stuff to in Excel - and then put back in Word. Is there a way to retain the highlig...

batch comment #2
POP Batch Comment is not stored anywhere in the system. ------=_NextPart_0001_D35E2033 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit CJ, Most all of Great Plains batches are are stored in the SY00500 file along with their attending detail. As with those same modules, POP Batch Comments are stored in the BCHCOMNT field in that table. It is possible that could have been a bug that it wasn't copied for some reason but a quick test of entering one, saving it, then pulling it back up again proved that the Comment was really saved. A checked of the table verified that it w...