Footer defaults

I use a consistent protocol for footers on my reports but would like those
footers to exist in every file I create. Is there some way to make them the
default?
--
Joe S.
0

Hi
create a new workbook with this footer and save this as a template
(*.xlt file)

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Joe S." <JoeS@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> I use a consistent protocol for footers on my reports but would like
those
> footers to exist in every file I create. Is there some way to make
them the
> default?
> --
> Joe S.

0
frank.kabel (11126)
12/9/2004 9:35:35 PM
Yes, start a new blank woorkbook. do file>page setup and header/footer,
customize it the way you want. Finally save as Book.xlt in the startup
folder (xlstart)

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Joe S." wrote:

> I use a consistent protocol for footers on my reports but would like those
> footers to exist in every file I create. Is there some way to make them the
> default?
> --
> Joe S.
0
PeoSjoblom (789)
12/9/2004 9:43:02 PM
Try setting up a default sheet.  I'm never sure exactly where this thing
goes, but on my machine it's in c:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office
10\XLStart\book.xlt

If book.xlt isn't there you can create one.  If all works well, whatever you
set up in this template will be used when you create a new worksheet.  You
can set up your default print headers and footers, styles, etc.

It may live someplace different on your machine.

If you need to create one from scratch -- just open a new xls file.  Make
the adjustments you want (say to footers), and save as a template in that
folder.

                   Art
0
Art1645 (139)
12/9/2004 9:49:02 PM
Joe

I would suggest you record a macro while doing your setup then store that
macro in your Personal.xls.  See below for Chip Pearson's header/footer
macros.

Alternative.......

Open a new workbook.  Customize as you wish.  File>Save As Type:  scroll down
to Excel Template(*.XLT) and select.  Name your workbook "BOOK"(no quotes).
Excel will add the .XLT to save as BOOK.XLT.

Store this workbook in the XLSTART folder usually located at........

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART

This will be the default workbook for File>New>Workbook.

Existing workbooks are not affected by these settings.  Footers for them will
have to be done manually or via macro(see Chip Pearson reference below)

You can also open a new workbook and delete all but one sheet.  Customize as
you wish then save this as SHEET.XLT in XLSTART folder also.  It now becomes
the default Insert>Sheet.

More can be found on this in Help under "templates"(no quotes).

If you want a macro to set headers/footers see Chip Pearson's site for code.

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/headfoot.htm

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Thu, 9 Dec 2004 13:09:09 -0800, Joe S. <JoeS@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>I use a consistent protocol for footers on my reports but would like those
>footers to exist in every file I create. Is there some way to make them the
>default?

0
Gord

defaulting to archive
After the last "critical patch", my Outlook pst files are screwed up. At this point, Outlook keeps defaulting to archive.pst - even when I move it. The contacts no longer sync with sent mail, etc. Any ideas? Can you describe this problem in a little more detail? I'm not sure what you mean by "moving" the archive.pst. Is your default .PST file (the one you were using as your primary file before the patch) still open in Outlook? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup ...

Arrange Footer
I have a file with 31 sheets and every sheet has a footer ABC 6/1. How can I arrange this footer in all sheets to ABC 6/0. Thanks in advance. Hi Max, Select all sheets. To do this, select the first sheet then hold the Shift key down and select the last sheet. Note: Selecting the first sheet and holding Shift before clicking another sheet selects all sheets in between. Holding Ctrl key, you can individually select additional sheets. Open Page Setup and edit the footer and it will apply to all selected sheets. -- Regards, OssieMac "MAX" wrote: &...

set default record to a table
I have a shared db with various front ends (mde). I would like to set a paricular record as my default record, so whenever someone opens up the various db forms it opens up to the same default record. Is this possible? Maybe this is a matter of terminology... In Access, data is stored in tables. Each table has it's own records (collections of related data). When you say you want a "record" to be the default one pulled up by everyone, how do you know they are all using their different forms to look at the same data (i.e., table)? Next, why? What is it about ...

Footer Settings in an Excel Sheet
Hi, I am setting up the footer to an Excel page through VBA Script but sometime, the left footer is not starting from the extreme left (i.e., it leaves some spaces and seems like started from the column B). The following script used to set up the footer. Range("A3:M101").Select With ActiveSheet.PageSetup .LeftHeader = "" .CenterHeader = "" .RightHeader = "" .LeftFooter = analyst .CenterFooter = filename .RightFooter = mydate .LeftMargin = Application.InchesToPoints (0.236220472440945)...

How do I set as default mail client in outlook beta 2010
How do I set as default mail client in outlook beta 2010 Conrol Panel->Program Access and Defaults... same as with any program, it is a Windows setting. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, Jerald asked: | How do I set as default mail client in outlook beta 2010 On 30 Lis, 06:30, "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <what@ever> wrote: > Conrol Panel->Program Acces...

inserting file's location in footer
I often get word docs with the file's address inserted in on the bottom of the page such as the following example: C:\Documents and Settings\Lenovo User\My Documents\doc name How do I insert a file's location in the footer of a document? Thanks- asf66 In Office 2003: Click View->Header and Footer. The Header and Footer menu should appear along with the Header box. Click on the icon "Switch between Header and Footer" (ninth icon) and the Footer box will appear for you to type your text. Close box when done. When editing you can simply click on the foot...

Outlook 2003 Calendar reminder default?
Its set to 15 minutes in Tools/Options but each time I open a new appointment - it reads 18 hours??? Its set to 15 minutes in Tools/Options but each time I open a new appointment - it reads 18 hours??? No, you are opening a new Event, which defaults to 18 hours for the reminder. How are you attempting to create the new appointment? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com an...

Default size of form
Hi, This might be a trivial question, but how do I change the "default" size of e.g. the Account form in CRM 4.0? It's quite annoying that we always have to scroll down to see the last two fields at the bottom of the form, but so far I haven't been able to find where I can make it bigger. Regards Steen Schl�ter Persson ...

Charting Defaults
I created a macro for creating 70 charts and was wondering how I would know what lines are actually default values and which are not. I would like to reduce the number of lines of code for this application. The following is the code: Sub CreateGraph() 'Application.ScreenUpdating = False Dim ChartNames As Variant Dim SeriesRanges As Variant Dim SeriesCollection As Variant Dim AlarmLevels As Variant 'First Number in Range is First Column(up/down) Next is Row(side/side) ChartNames = Range("'DataCollection'!A1503:BR1503") Serie...

footer
How do I add personalize message like my telephone numer, address My name at the end of my message instead of me having to write it all the time It's called a signature. Use the help button and you will find all the steps on how to make one. Next time you post here, please state your version of Outlook as the solutions vary depending on your version. Judy Gleeson - MVP Outlook Acorn Training and Consulting Canberra, Australia see what Outlook training can do to improve productivity: www.acorntraining.com.au/pdfdocs/ProductivITwithOutlook.pps www.acorntraining.com.au/productivit.h...

default account for outgoing mail when replying
Hi there, Is it possible to set an default account for sending mail in Outlook 2002 when replying? I use a certain e-mail adress which forwards all mail to another IMAP account. So the mail ends up in my IMAP Inbox in Outlook. I do this because I like the IMAP functionality, but still want to use my original e-mail adress (which is POP). Now, when I reply, Outlook automatically chooses the IMAP account as the account it is going to use for sending (since the mail is in my IMAP inbox). I don't want this, I want to use the POP account for sending, without having to change it every time in t...

Footer
I have my email address as the footer in many of my print outs. Is there a way I can change all of them to my new address at one go? They are in various files and folders. Thanks for any help. Regards Dennis Alternatively could I have my email address as the default footer? And then change all footers to this? Hi not really possible to change all in one go. Would require a macro which loops through all your workbooks. But for setting a default create a new workbook with this footer and save the file as template (*.xlt) and use this template -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany &qu...

Add a default location for print to file in Excel.
Need to know how to change the deafult location of print to file in Excel. It does it in Word no problem but it asks me for a file location every time I want to print to fiile in Excel. Would rather have it print to the same location each time and then I can just give the file a name - similar to how I do it in Word. ...

Footer
Hi, The report has PCODES header and PCODES footer. I used the textbox to create the COUNT([PCODES]) at the PCODES' footer. At the result, I got 3, 4, 2, 1, ....25 ( it counted each PCODE). For example, the PCODES will be 121213, 121214........121225 EX: PCODE 121213 121214 121213 121214 121213 121214 = 3 121214 = 4 I would like to sort these results so that the biggest number will be appeared on the top of the report. ...

Outlook 2003 default font for HTML emails
Can someone please advise where the settings are to change the default font for HTML emails in Outlook 2003? I've checked Outlook and Word, can't see to find it. At the moment it's set to Times New Roman 10, but 10 is a bit small, want to make the default 12 or even better still Arial 12... As always, thanks in advance! On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 04:59:06 -0700, "Ivan T. Williams" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Can someone please advise where the settings are to change >the default font for HTML emails in Outlook 2003? > >I've checke...

default mail client???
I just recently wipped my computer clean. I had a virius. so now i am trying to send a message through craigslist, and it wont let me and i dont know what to do to let it through. would someone please help me.thanks. I have windows vista, and i use yahoo mail. Stephanie wrote: >I just recently wipped my computer clean. I had a virius. so now i am trying >to send a message through craigslist, and it wont let me and i dont know what >to do to let it through. would someone please help me.thanks. >I have windows vista, and i use yahoo mail. > > You just ...

Sum subform footer with criteria
I have a continuous main form. In the form header I have an unbound combobox ([cboLot_Num],1 col only) wth approx 6 selections from a totals query row source. I would like to select an item like "LotNo 3" from the combobox, and in the main form footer, show the count of alll records that meet that criteria in [Location]. Can't seem to get the syntax right. Footer field name is [Lot_Count] =sum(iif([Location] = "LotNo 3",1,0)) --works =sum(iif([Location] = [cboLot_Num],1,0)) --fails with #error There are 20 "LotNo 3" [Location] records. Tried all kinds of ...

Reverting to default chart fill colors (in Powerpoint?)
Hi all, I am using Windows XP with Office 2003. I inherited a Powerpoint file that contains many embedded Excel column charts, where all columns are a drab gray. What I'm trying to do is to get each chart back to the default fill colors, where each column is a different color. Is there a way to do this all at once (i.e., one operation per chart that would change the gray columns to various colors)? I'm trying to avoid changing the color of each column individually (or changing them to the same color all at once). Thank you. ...

Protect Footer on Worksheet
I want to be able to protect only the footer on an excel worksheet. Is it possible to do this without protecting the workbook? Effectively I want to put a disclaimer in the footer and ensure that it does not get deleted. If there is not a way, is there another way to put the disclaimer in (i.e. a watermark on the sheet), Thanks I don't think that protection will help, either. I've found that the only way I could insure that the header/footers were what I wanted them to be was to use a macro that set them right before I printed. If you record a macro that sets the header/foot...

chart default colors
Are there any other suggestions for changing the default charting colors when a pivot chart is made? I am frustrated by changing the colors on one chart, only to have them change back to defaults when the chart is switched. Please help. If it's just the colors, go to Tools menu > Options > Colors, and adjust the bottom two rows of colors. You could also format a chart, save it into a user defined type, then reapply it to a refreshed pivot chart: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/CreateCustomTypes.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technic...

Excel Headers and Footers
When I save an Excel document as an html (web page), the headers and footers will not display when you open it up. You can do a print preview on the document and see the header and footer just fine. You can even get it to print, but you can not get it to display on the web. Any suggestions???? ...

Word Default Settings
I have followed the directions on how to change the degault settings in my Word 2007 documents for a new document including font, margins, etc. and have also changed the default settings for printing envelopes, but they just don't stick. Every time I print an envelope, it is NOT what I set my defaults to be. Every time I open a new document, the defaults are back to the factory settings. WHY! I can't find anything to tell me how to make my changes permanent and I WILL NOT PAY $210 FOR SOMEONE AT MICROSOFT TO TELL ME HOW TO FIX A PROBLEM THAT CAME WITH A JUST-PURCHASED...

Default Quantity
What controls the default quantity of 1 in RMS 2.0 .. ...

how do I set up a header or a footer in the dropping down menu to.
I am trying to set up a footer that I can use throughout many workbooks, just not the sheets. Is there a way do this by setting it up as a predetermined footer or header in the drop down menu You can use a template for new workbooks and new sheets that includes the headers and footers you want. See Help for more information. But this will affect only new workbooks and worksheets, not existing ones. For them, you'll have to change each one manually. On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 12:03:05 -0700, Chrisanna <Chrisanna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am trying to set up a footer that ...

Outlook 2003 Graphics Default Setting
Every time I try to open a graphics file in Outlook 2003, the default programme is MS Photoshop Elements v3. How can I change the graphics default setting to something else? Many thanks You'd change that within Windows. In My Computer go to the Tools menu > Folder Options > File Types tab. Highlight an extension and click the Change button "Onetel News" <helenbrian.jones@onetel.net> wrote in message news:4374fc51@212.67.96.135... > Every time I try to open a graphics file in Outlook 2003, the default > programme is MS Photoshop Elements v3. How can I...