Footer Date Format #2

Hi

Is it possible to change the format of Date in the Header/ Foote
Say, from the default M/D/YYYY to DD/MMM/YYY

Than
Sachin
0
anonymous (74721)

Hi
AFAIK not directly possible. But you may use the following macro (put
it in your workbook module - not in a standard module):

Dim wkSht As Worksheet
   For Each wkSht In Me.Worksheets
     With wkSht.PageSetup
         .CenterFooter = Format(date,"DD/MMM/YYYY")
      End With
   Next wkSht
End Sub

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Sachin wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Is it possible to change the format of Date in the Header/ Footer
> Say, from the default M/D/YYYY to DD/MMM/YYYY
>
> Thanx
> Sachin

0
frank.kabel (11126)

formula to update todays date in excell automatically daily
formula to update todays date in excell automatically daily =NOW() or =TODAY() -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel, 10 Years Pearson Software Consulting www.cpearson.com (email on the web site) "Vishal" <Vishal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1065C8D9-220E-4071-AEEC-B3ECE6593D1D@microsoft.com... > formula to update todays date in excell automatically daily ...

Determine cells that drive conditional formatting?
Example: Cells A1:A4 have conditional formatting set up that states if they are equal to cell A10 they will be highlighted yellow. Is there a way to quickly see what cells drive conditional formatting? In other words, we can use Edit -> Go To Special to see which cells have conditional formatting applied; however, this doesn't show us that A10 is involved. Since there isn't a formula directly involved, we can't trace precedents/dependents. Can we only know that A10 is involved in the formatting of A1:A4 by selecting those cells and going into the conditional format...

Microsoft Query criteria syntax for date() or today()
Essentially, I need MS Query syntax for a calculation based on today's date. I'm using Microsoft Query from inside Excel to extract data from an ODBC database. I want to download everything with a date of, say, in the last 60 days. I can't find any documentation for Microsoft Query and its Help doesn't seem to address this. I've tried Excel and Access systax such as >Date()- 60 and =Today()-60. I've tried copying in the SQL text created by Access. I don't know how to say "Today" or "Now" or "Date". Any help out there? ...

Arrange Footer
I have a file with 31 sheets and every sheet has a footer ABC 6/1. How can I arrange this footer in all sheets to ABC 6/0. Thanks in advance. Hi Max, Select all sheets. To do this, select the first sheet then hold the Shift key down and select the last sheet. Note: Selecting the first sheet and holding Shift before clicking another sheet selects all sheets in between. Holding Ctrl key, you can individually select additional sheets. Open Page Setup and edit the footer and it will apply to all selected sheets. -- Regards, OssieMac "MAX" wrote: &...

How can I make the reference link match the new formatting of its
My issue is that if the source data formatting is changed, the change in the formatting isn't reflected in the referebce link on the destination worksheet. For example: I have a link in cell A1 in Tab1 pointing to A1 in Tab2 which starts by being a dollar amount ($1,000). If I change A1 in Tab 2 to a percent and change it's formatting to (.50%), the link in Tab 1 stays formatted as a dollar amount ($0.50). How can I make the reference link match the new formatting of its source? I would appreciate any help you can provide. Thank you, -- Suzanne Marie Formulas can't cha...

transforming a date
I've a column with a date written as follows 20060801. (first of august 2006) I want to transform this date into 01-08-2006 Does anyone know how to do this? Bernd Select the column data|Text to columns Fixed width (but don't have any lines to separate fields) choose date ymd (or ydm, I can't tell!) and finish up. Format the column the way you want. bernd.vd.berg@gmail.com wrote: > > I've a column with a date written as follows 20060801. (first of august > 2006) > > I want to transform this date into 01-08-2006 > > Does anyone know how to do this?...

field formatting not coming over
I have a ntext field on the systemuser entity called new_signature. I place the typical name,title,address,phone,fax,website url,legal disclaimer in the ntext field. The onchange event of the email form "TO" field then has the code below to return that information into the description field. The problem is the formatting(returns and spacing) of the systemuser.new_signature field is not coming over. anyone have any ideas? var xmlHttp = new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP"); var id = ""; try { document.crmForm.all.description.SetFocus(); xmlHttp.open("P...

Footer Settings in an Excel Sheet
Hi, I am setting up the footer to an Excel page through VBA Script but sometime, the left footer is not starting from the extreme left (i.e., it leaves some spaces and seems like started from the column B). The following script used to set up the footer. Range("A3:M101").Select With ActiveSheet.PageSetup .LeftHeader = "" .CenterHeader = "" .RightHeader = "" .LeftFooter = analyst .CenterFooter = filename .RightFooter = mydate .LeftMargin = Application.InchesToPoints (0.236220472440945)...

Print contacts #2
I would like my notes to appear when I print my address book from Outlook. Thanks. Add the notes field to the view you are using for your Contacts folder, and then when you print, you should see your notes. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:12fae01c3f693$82e8b4e0$a501280a@phx.gbl, RWhite wrote: > I would like my notes to appear when I print my address > book from Outlook. > > Thanks. ...

inserting file's location in footer
I often get word docs with the file's address inserted in on the bottom of the page such as the following example: C:\Documents and Settings\Lenovo User\My Documents\doc name How do I insert a file's location in the footer of a document? Thanks- asf66 In Office 2003: Click View->Header and Footer. The Header and Footer menu should appear along with the Header box. Click on the icon "Switch between Header and Footer" (ninth icon) and the Footer box will appear for you to type your text. Close box when done. When editing you can simply click on the foot...

Output report to Word
I have a series of reports that I output to a Word doc in rtf. Is there a way to keep the report format in tact? I.e., can I output the report so that it looks the same as it does in the report viewer? Nope. Not from what I know. One of the frustration of the Export to Word function, the loss of formatting. The solution is to print it as a PDF for distribution or automate the creation of a word document from within access to build the formatting as you require using vba. -- Hope this helps, Daniel Pineault "rs0905" wrote: > I have a series of reports that I o...

formating multiple excel .csv files
Hi all I've a folder with about 100 subfolders all containing around 10 .csv files. I need to format all these files using the same formatting (remove some lines, distribute some text to differnt columns etc) Question: Is there any way I can for example set up a macro to do the formatting I need but then automatically make it run through all the csv file in the folder structure ? I look forwart to any responses and appreciate any advice on the topic. Cheers Gerry R Your question is so vague that only outline answer possible which is Yes. I would suggest you have standard names for...

How 2 add same note to multiple contacts simultaneously ???
If possible, how to add the same notes to multiple contacts (in same contact folder) simultaneously ? -- Thanks again for your help. akm (XPpro,SP-2,IE-7,Office2003) No. You'll need to copy and paste. You could use in-cell editing and show the notes/message field- then you can paste without opening each item. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Out...

Forms #2
How do I make a form where I can type on top of a line? I don't want to type the text and then underline it, I actually want to type on top of the line where the lines stay static. Can this be done? Thanks Apply a border to the bottom of the cell(s) where you want type into. HTH, Elkar "Legallisa" wrote: > How do I make a form where I can type on top of a line? I don't want to type > the text and then underline it, I actually want to type on top of the line > where the lines stay static. Can this be done? > > Thanks Great idea!! What if it'...

footer
How do I add personalize message like my telephone numer, address My name at the end of my message instead of me having to write it all the time It's called a signature. Use the help button and you will find all the steps on how to make one. Next time you post here, please state your version of Outlook as the solutions vary depending on your version. Judy Gleeson - MVP Outlook Acorn Training and Consulting Canberra, Australia see what Outlook training can do to improve productivity: www.acorntraining.com.au/pdfdocs/ProductivITwithOutlook.pps www.acorntraining.com.au/productivit.h...

Adding XY days to date in cells
Hi Excel gurus, Does anybody know, how to add for example 70 days to date in cell an then use it in condition ? I have column with date in every cell. I need the date go to red color when I add to date 70 days and the date go over specific date. Example - I have some date : 1.1.2005, now, if I add 70 days and th datum go over specific date, for example 1.2.2005, change color t red. I don't know, how to add days to date, and I don't know, how exactl build up a condition. Thanks in advance Satuch -- satuch ----------------------------------------------------------------------- satuc...

Visio #2
I just installed Visio Technical. Upon opening Word, I get the following error: Problem with shortcut (this item "Insert Visio Button.DOot that this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved, so this shortcut will no longer work properly. Do you want to delete this shortcut? I selected no. Shouldn't there be a Visio button added in Word like there is in Excel? And what do I do to eliminate this error? ...

Importing an EFT file format
Is there a way to create a specific EFT file format and use it for multiple companies? I am not a direct user of MS Dynamics GP, but my clients are. I am a bank cash management consultant. Our current process for creating a properly NACHA formatted file is to provide each client with the bank's ACH upload specifications. For our MS Dynamics GP users, I would like to provide a file that can import our specifications. This would streamline an otherwise tedious process. Thanks Tom, Please let me know if you are interested in custom solution. Regards, Manick manick.m@hotmail.com ...

how do I specify a date range = date(2010,4,1 thru 30)
I am trying to use a header in a formula. In A1 I have the month and year (April 2010). I want to bring in a calculation result from a second page (Daily Log) So I want to know how many guest in the month of April visited. But it has to look up April from the year list. I guess this is what I am trying to accomplish Lookup (A1) April (1-30) 2010 from April Stats sheet on Daily log sheet (A column) add guests logged in (D Column) and result to April Stats B5 I record numbers daily and want to have the totals from one page brought to another page, but need the data to be found...

Date Macro
I can't seem to get this sorted out right but what I need to do is have a macro that isnerts the date into a document as text. At the moment I'm using =NOW() and =NOW()+7 for the two dates, but that of course updates everytime I open or modify the spreadsheet. Any idea where I can go for this? I haven't done any VB in a while and forget my way around, so a website or such would be fine. The macro would be run when a new document is made from the template. Cheers ~Chris Just type Ctrl+; (Ctrl and semicolon). That will insert today's date. In second cell, enter: =A1+7 HTH...

chart combinations #2
I am trying to make a chart that contains floating bars that represent a high and a low. Then I would like to add many points that fall between the highs and lows. any suggestions? For the floating bars, you need four columns. Column A is for the category labels, Column B is the minimum value, column D is the maximum value, and column C has a formula that computes the difference (e.g., =D2-B2). Make a stacked column chart with the data in columns A through C. Double click on the bottom series in the stack, and format it with no borders and no fill to make it invisible. For the points...

Fiscal Period #2
GP 7.5 / SQL 2000 We have added a 13th period to the fiscal period. The message comes up and states that we should run the reconcile for GL, Payables, and Receivables. Is there a correct order that these should be ran, and does running Check Links have a specific order that it needs to be ran ? (before / after reconcile ?) I would run Reconcile first, then Check Links. As far as the order of modules within either Reconcile or Check Links, I do not think it should make any difference. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions, Inc. "Laura Anne" <LauraAnn...

Footer
I have my email address as the footer in many of my print outs. Is there a way I can change all of them to my new address at one go? They are in various files and folders. Thanks for any help. Regards Dennis Alternatively could I have my email address as the default footer? And then change all footers to this? Hi not really possible to change all in one go. Would require a macro which loops through all your workbooks. But for setting a default create a new workbook with this footer and save the file as template (*.xlt) and use this template -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany &qu...

How do I save to Microsoft Word Document format?
There are three machines in our office with Outlook 98 or 2000 on them. The 98 and 2000 machines I use have Word set up as the email editor, and I can use "Save as" to save an email in Microsoft Word Document format, including the attachments. The other Outlook 2000 machine was set up to use Rich Text format as the email editor, and only had the choice of saving as .html, Rich text, or Text. There was no option to save as Microsoft Word Document format. I changed the default email editor to Microsoft Word. I went into Tools, options, Mail format, and selected the check box for Mic...

Sum subform footer with criteria
I have a continuous main form. In the form header I have an unbound combobox ([cboLot_Num],1 col only) wth approx 6 selections from a totals query row source. I would like to select an item like "LotNo 3" from the combobox, and in the main form footer, show the count of alll records that meet that criteria in [Location]. Can't seem to get the syntax right. Footer field name is [Lot_Count] =sum(iif([Location] = "LotNo 3",1,0)) --works =sum(iif([Location] = [cboLot_Num],1,0)) --fails with #error There are 20 "LotNo 3" [Location] records. Tried all kinds of ...