Font progressively moves upward out of row when printing

Help!
After uninstalling Office 2000 SB and installing Office
XP SB, now every time I print a spreadsheet, the font
starts out correctly lined up in the cell. However by the
8th row, the font slowly appears to be missaligned and
gradually moving upward out of cells and progressively
gets worse. I have tried removing the XP version and
reinstalling the older, the font is set to center
alignment under format, still with now luck.

0
anonymous (74722)

Try to determine whether the problem is related to Excel or to you
specific printer.  Try printing the workbook on another printer to se
if the problem still exists.  If the problem seems to be printe
specific, try re-installing the printer driver.

Rolli

Hi Rollin,

Thanks for your response. The computer is on a network
and I tried printing to another printer with the same
problem. The problem exists with all exel spreadsheets
that never use to have the problem before. I tried
printing one of the same files from another computer on
the network, it had no problem. Hopefully won't have to
reload Windows Xp and start all over?

or to your
>specific printer.  Try printing the workbook on another
printer to see
>if the problem still exists.  If the problem seems to be
printer
>specific, try re-installing the printer driver.
>
>Rollin
>

>---
>
>.

0
anonymous (74722)

Printing Barcode Font in RS2008
We have several reports that use custom barcode fonts, and these have been working happily for ages. We have recently deployed our reports to a sql2008 instance and have hit a big problem. The Report Previews correctly in Reporting services (i.e. the user sees the barcode) The report previews AND prints correctly in VS2008. but... When we print from Reporting services the barcodes font is not displayed (gibbersish characters are displayed instead). We have checked that the users all have the barcode fonts installed locally. We have also installed the barcode fonts on t...

Delete all data (formulas) below a desired row.
In Excel 2000, I somehow propagated a formulab to over 60,000 rows. Is there a shortcut to clear a large unwanted area? In the name box (above row 1 left of column A), type in the the range you want to delete, assume you wanted 15 rows of formulas and want to delete row 16 row 65336, place cursor (mouse click) in the name box and type 16:65536 and press enter, then do edit>delete, press ctrl + home and save the workbook Regards, Peo Sjoblom "JMSimms" wrote: > In Excel 2000, I somehow propagated a formulab to over 60,000 rows. Is there > a shortcut to clear a l...

Printing problems
My computer is running Windows XP with 384MB of RAM, and I am using Publisher 2000. I am printing to a HP color laserjet 5 which HP does not offer any drivers on thier site for this printer and Win XP. The HP driver site for this printer says that the driver was included into Windows XP. The printer is connected using the parallel port. I have cropped a picture of a group of teens and made three pictures out of the one and added some text to create a publicity flier. I accomplish this by inserting the picture and then making 2 copies of it and then I crop each one to make 3 dif...

Upgrade from 8 to 10 and recived an error message when printing
SOP Inventory Sales History report Recieved Message Error in Equation 'C Exception Item' Not much to go by, but try recreating the calculated field. In addition, did you check if this report would upgrade? Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com "GPNut" wrote: > SOP Inventory Sales History report > Recieved Message > > Error in Equation 'C Exception Item' > ------=_NextPart_0001_835A8E7F Content-Type...

caption font
Hi, I would like to know if it is possible to change by program the font used in caption bar, menu, status bar, ... Thank you Raymond Mercier Raymond Mercier wrote: > Hi, > > I would like to know if it is possible to change by program the font > used in caption bar, menu, status bar, ... > > Thank you > > Raymond Mercier The status bar is a control, and like other controls its font can be changed by calling its SetFont function with a CFont that you initialize. But the caption bar and menus are drawn by Windows using the system preferences. You cannot direct...

When running a macro I keep getting a box (Print Macro Definition.
I have a macro in which I am printing a report made from a query and each time I run the macro a box comes up sayd print Macro Denifitions and I can check or uncheck properties, actions and arguments and permissions by user and group. Or I can click on Ok or cancel. If I click on cancel, it runs ok and doesn't print out anything, but if I click on OK, then about 10 pages come out aft er the report prints. ...

Printing just some pages of email
Is there a way to print just certain pages of an email in Outlook? I've found no way to do this, & it's a bother for long back-&-forth correspondence. I can control the print pages in Outlook Express or MS Word, each of which are related, but not in Outlook. (Many thanks for everyone's help on all my questions as I start using Outlook.) It would appear that there's not a way to only print certain pages (other than all odds or all evens) of a mail item. BTW, Outlook Express & Outlook aren't really related although they share a word in their names...

How to write in Japenese font?
I want to write in Japenese font in Word. Is there any possibility to write in MS Office 2003 with On-screen keyboard? Yes. It's not a Word thing, it's a Windows thing. Go to Start > Control Panel > Regional and Language Options, and try to follow the tabs and buttons for "installing a new keyboard" (not "installing a new language") They are rather different in XP, Vista, and 7. In XP you need to check the box for "Asian scripts" (not "complex scripts"). There are many different input methods for Japanese; you can read ...

can only print one page at a time? help!
when i work in works, i can set a page to print say 50 copies, and it will print one after the other counting how mnay copies left to print. When i print in excel, it will print each page individually, rather than a 'job lot' so to speak! it is really frustrating as i cannot work on pc, as it opens a new window with printer status for each and every page! whereas with works, i can stick it in background and it carries on with no bother! Any ideas? No idea at all.......... But I thought I'll reply cause no one else has. You should be able to do exactly the same as in works....

How do you print selected columns on one page?
I want to print columns that are not adjacent to each other. Currently Excel wants to print each selection as a separate page. I want to print on one page. Is there a way to do this? Road Hide the intervening columns. Excel will print only the visible columns. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 09:46:39 -0700, "Roadhand" <Roadhand@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I want to print columns that are not adjacent to each other. Currently Excel >wants to print each selection as a separate page. I want to print on one >page. Is there a way to do this...

Signature Fonts
We are using Outlook 2000 and need to disable the font selection for signature blocks (we want to keep it at Times New Roman 10). Is this possible? Again thank you in advance for your help. ...

Chart Bars Won't Print
Chart bars appear in Excel and the PowerPoint document we are linked to, but when we print the document, some of the bars do not appear. We have tried copying and pasting as a picture, removing circle/squares around numbers, copying the Excel in in pieces, turning off the Beveling formatting on the bars, nothing works, we cannot get all the bars in the chart to print. -- Susanna ...

Is there font size limitation on antialiasing?
Hi, I made a program to display a character on LCD. To apply anti-aliasing, I created font with ANTIALIASED_QUALITY flag. [ CFont.CreateFont(... , lfQuality, ...) ] The problem is like this: When I displayed characters that the font size is larger than about 680-pixel, the anti-alising is not applied on displayed character. So I tested my program on the other computer. (My computer is Win2k, the other is WinXP.) At this time, characters that the font size is larger than 330-pixel is displayed with no anti-aliasing. On MSDN, [ ANTIALIASED_QUALITY ] Windows NT 4.0 and later: Font is ant...

Moving .PST file
How do I move my .PST file from one directory to another? All the data file maintenance dialogs appear to want to keep it fixed? Thanks! Close Outlook - cut and paste your .pst file to the preferred location. Next time you start Outlook and it complains, point it to the new location for your .pst file. I keep mine on a backup data drive so it is never lost if the main drive fails. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without...

Printing "C" and "R"
With MONEY, on the list of my checks there's a place for a "C" or an "R" -- meaning my checks that have cleared or are reconciled. When I print out the list of my checks, however, this "C" and "R" disappear. How can I get them to print out with the rest of the information? In microsoft.public.money, John Savage wrote: >With MONEY, on the list of my checks there's a place for >a "C" or an "R" -- meaning my checks that have cleared or >are reconciled. When I print out the list of my checks, >however, this...

how do I transpose columns and rows
I have a spreadsheet as follows: DonorId Date Amount 1 5/4/04 100 1 7/5 04 50 2 1/5/04 200 I'd like to change it to: DonorId Date Amount Date Amount 1 5/4/04 100 7/5/04 50 2 1/5/04 200 3 There are about 3,700 rows and the number of dtes per donor vary. Any ideas oon how I can do this? Thanks, jnix You could add a column to your table, to count the donation occurrence, then use a pivot table to summarize the data. For example, in cell D1 enter the heading DonationNum In...

ROW function does not work as expected
Hello, I am trying to conditionally format a cell based on two values: the value of another cell and the value of this cell itself. I am using the following: =IF(AND(INDIRECT(ADDRESS(ROW();3))="B";D6>0);TRUE;FALSE) Check if in the current row at column 3 the value is "B" and if the value of this cell is greater than 0 This does work if I write it directly in a cell. If I use the exact same formula in the conditional formatting dialog, nothing happens. I learned that in Excel 2003 there was a bug concerning the INDIRECT and AND function (http://groups.google.de/group/m...

font size in comments
Excel 2003 all sp and patches loaded OS: Windows XP Can you change the default font size in comments? Thanks, Will Will From Debra Dalgleish.............. You can change the font size of new comments by changing the settings in your Control Panel. (Instructions for Windows XP) Right-click on the desktop, and choose Properties On the Appearance tab, click Advanced. From the Item dropdown, choose Tooltip Choose a font Size, click OK, click OK (Note: selecting a font type here will not affect the default font used in Excel's comments) Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 9 Jan...

Moving contacts to Exchange 2000 Enterprise Server
Does anyone know an easy way to move my smtp addresses from CCmail 8.2 address book (about 400 of them) over to contacts in Active directory. I am running Windows 2000 Server and Exchange 2000 Enterprise Server. Cheers Crazy cc:Mail's export command with the /DIRECTORY switch can export them in an quasi - ldif format which could be massaged and used with ldifde to import. cc:Mail's Import/Export users guide will help on the export start with 237677 Using LDIFDE to import and export directory objects to Active Directory http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;...

Copy columns into rows
Can anyone advise me how to copy columns of contiguous cells, into a much easier to read row of contiguous cells? hi, copy the column. select a cell in column a. goto edit>paste special>transpose >-----Original Message----- >Can anyone advise me how to copy columns of contiguous >cells, into a much easier to read row of contiguous cells? >. > Don't forget, only 256 columns, which means only that many rows can be moved to a *single* row. Select the column(s), Right click in the selection and choose "Copy". Right click in the first cell of the row to rece...

Creating a header using non-contiguous rows
Using Excel 2000 I am using the FILE/Page Setup/Sheet tab/Rows to repeat at top technique to create a header. I currently have $1:$4 in the Rows to repeat at top. I also want to include rows 15 and 16. I have not found a way to do this. Any suggestions? Bernie No way to do this. "Print titles must contiguous and complete rows or columns" is the error message you get when you try to select non-contiguous rows. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 07:55:45 -0700, "Bernie Doepkens" <Bdoepken@dbm.state.md.us> wrote: >Using Excel 2000 >I am using the F...

Default Fonts and Font Colors
Can anyone tell me how to reset the default font type and color? After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from glomax <glomax56@hotmail.com>... > Can anyone tell me how to reset the default font type and color? Can anyone tell me what version of Publisher you are running? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaimer: http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm You cannot, you need to upgrade to Publisher 97 for all those excellent features. Publisher 2003 has re-introduced some of...

Unable to delete rows/columns
Worksheets open with over 60,000 rows and many columns. Selecting cells and using the delete command does not work. Assume there is there is no links from worksheets to any other document because "Links" command is not highlighted. Charley Callahan Hi what does 'does not work' mean. Do you get an error? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "charles Callahan" <ccallah2@tampabay.rr.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:lYSLc.55646$IX4.7091715@twister.tampabay.rr.com... > Worksheets open with over 60,000 rows and many columns. Selecting cells and >...

Problems with print preview and printing single page of multi-page report w/sub-reports
Hi All, I've come across a problem with previewing and printing reports in Access 2000 that I can't figure out, and hope someone can help. The problem report is set up with a page header, detail, and page footer. The information in the page header/footer sections is static. Within the detail are a group of controls, two of which are sub-reports. Of the two sub-reports, one in particular appears to be the problem (I'll call it SubA). SubA can shrink and grow and the controls in its detail can shrink/grow also. What I'm noticing is that sometimes the last line of text...