floating comments or text boxes

is there a way to keep a comment or a graphic that "floats" above th
spreadsheet, so when you scroll down the box(or image) stays there, an
the sheet scrolls down?  (kind of like how the ofice assistant is, onl
i have a company logo that i want visible at all times.

You can put your logo at the top of the sheet, split the window and se
to "freeze" the top rows (and/or columns)

Countif and Text
This is really silly. I have a long column of "Y" and "N" - input by a user. I need to count the Y and N's - and use them further in my sheets. I've noted that in some sheets, my countif function works - and will count the Y values. On other sheets (from the same template!) it doesn't work! I have another user inputting these values - so perhaps her excel settings are causing the problem? I just need to know what to alter in order to have these Y and N input values 'readable' from other excel equations (if, and or). I've tried all formats ...

what is floating currency
i am working with office 2003, and for my college class i need to know what floating currency is in excel, but i can't find it in an online search, or in excel help. i know how to apply currency formats to cells, but i don't know how floating currency applies to excel. please help. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floating_currency -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "bobert" <bobert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A3763F76-C556-4595-9072-058B543D5FAD@microsoft.com... >i am working with office 2003, and for my college class i need to kno...

Option Boxes
Hi there, I have to use quite a few Option Boxes on my Database. The problem I have is that the selection made should print at a specific place in a report. Basically what I have is about 30 government forms (I am automating the filling in of these forms) - for a private company. I want to use the functionality of a Option box (so that only one option can be chosen) but I want to have an "X" printed on the form in the place where the box is situated on my report. If a specific record is not selected then the area must be blank (Only the selection must print the X) Any help...

Combo Box #23
I have a combo box and it is linked to cells in the worksheet that do calculations. I have three input boxes in the combo box, there is a fourth box that is the result of the three other boxes. So when values are entered into the three boxes the 4th box looks up a range in the worksheet which is the answer I want. The problem is that the answer only shows up in the 4th box when I click on the box and type in something, then the number appears. Is there anyway to refresh the combobox when I click on "OK" box or some other box. It would be a lot cleaner if the number appeare...

Text Box filter
Hi, I would like to create a filter for a form...I have a unbound text box named "formfilter" and the goal is to filter the field "LastName"...I would like the user to only type in the first couple letters and using the On Lost Focus event filter the form for those individuals whose name begins with those letters...I am not very experienced with VBA but realize this procedure probably needs to be done with VBA. Use the AfterUpdate event procedure of your *unbound* text box named formfilter, like this: Private Sub formfilter_AfterUpdate Dim strWhere As String If ...

Comments in Excel
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Is there a way to anchor a comment to a specific point in a spreadsheet? Does the Excel Help topic "Add or remove a comment" cover it? On 10/04/10 2:36 AM, in article 59bb6be9.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "sspetke@officeformac.com" <sspetke@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel > Is there a way to anchor a comment to a specific point in a spreadsheet? -- The email below is my business email -- Ple...

how to Converts a number to english text and adds a suffix of "do. #3
how to Converts a number to english text and adds a suffix of "dollar"? Hi see: http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html >-----Original Message----- >how to Converts a number to english text and adds a suffix of "dollar"? >. > ...

How do you enlarge an excel chart text box larger?
In an wizard-generated pie chart, the text "turns around" at the end of the word. I can't "pull out" corner or side because there are none. Help! Lee - Unfortunately, Excel does not trust you to resize your own data labels, axis labels, or axis and chart titles. You can remove the unsatisfactory text element, and make your own with a true textbox. The easiest way to insert a textbox into a chart is to select the chart, then type whatever you want. When you press Enter, the textbox appears in the middle of the chart. Format it and move it to its proper location. ...

Noob Question CString to Float conversion
Hey guys - I am having difficulty in converting a CString to a float value to allow me to do calculations with it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. try atof() "Rik Irving" <indigoed@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:bpqv0g$qv8$1@titan.btinternet.com... > Hey guys - I am having difficulty in converting a CString to a float value > to allow me to do calculations with it. > > Any help would be appreciated. > > Thanks. > > Rik Irving wrote: > Hey guys - I am having difficulty in converting a CString to a float value > to allow me to ...

Find Record Box
I am trying to place a find record box in a form using the combo box wizard in Access 2003; however, the wizard does not give me the “ Find a Record on My Form…” option. I was trying to place it in the header (which I have done many times before), but it won’t give me the third option. I thought it might be a “properties” issue, but if it is I can’t identify it. I’ve done something wrong, any ideas? Thanks in advance. "OldGuy" <OldGuy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C468BC75-B17C-48AE-82D4-DF46B7521125@microsoft.com... >I am trying to place a find...

Alignine text within newsletter columns
I am trying to create a newsletter for my company and the text within the columns are not aligning on the bottom when editing or adding more sentences. How do I make them even as I add new text? It will automatically cut-off at a certain point and go onto the next column when there is plenty of space for a sentence in the column I am working on. sncrze <sncrze@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > It will automatically cut-off at a certain point and go onto > the next column when there is plenty of space for a >sentence in the column I am working on. It only looks like th...

text box memo formatting
I have a form with a text box. In the text box I can type for instance “LGR”. When I hit the report button I get a message “Overflow”. I hit a couple times the button “OK” and eventually get my report with “LGR” bold and blue in the “Description” field. But the formatting is terrible. Any suggestions on how to format the text box for the memo so it’s grouped? Is this a regular text box or do you have some sort of coding and/or downloaded feature that you are using? "Ra" <Ra@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08A43FB2-16EB-41A6-BB67-299E4C578EDF@micr...

Converting Comments to Footnote Type References
I find that inserting comments into spreadsheet cells and then printin the comments is difficult to use from the printed page. I print ro and column headings to provide reference for the printed notes page bu this is still not a great solution. What I would like is to have cell notes referenced much like reference are in word. For example I would like to see some sort of superscrip character indicating the reference for which the reader refers to th bottom of the page (or a sparate page) to read the information. Is it possible to do this in Excel -- Planne -------------------------------...

Language conflict in dialogue boxes
Hi, I have a Vista machine English (home premium) running Office 2007 English standard. I also installed Office 2000 professional Japanese and kept those programs I had not upgraded to Office 2007 (Access etc). Initially, I was not able to read most of the dialogue boxes of the 2000 programs. Some Japanese did show up, but most of the characters were mojibake, or garbage. After some fiddling around I was able to fix this without any apparent side effects. This was a couple of months ago. But in the last month, something has happened so that now I am getting Japanese lang...

Floating a Toolbar
Hello, I am working with a CDialog and it's a DLL. I am trying to make a CToolBar object to become floatable - to detach it from the main window. What I have is a code in my OnInitDialog that initializes the toolbar: if (!m_toolbar.Create(this) || !m_toolbar.LoadBitmap(IDR_TOOLBAR1) || !m_toolbar.SetButtons(MainButtons, sizeof(MainButtons)/sizeof(UINT))) { TRACE0("Failed to create mainbar\n"); return -1; // fail to create } m_toolbar.SetBarStyle(m_toolbar.GetBarStyle() | CBRS_TOOLTIPS); RepositionBars(AFX_IDW_CONTROLBAR_FIRST, AFX_IDW_CONTROLBAR_LAST, 0); I r...

Big prodject! How to insert row or rows beneath certain text
Is there a code that when a certain text is in collumn (A3) ALL CORE i insert one row beneath it, Also if there is one or more text next t each other, Like Collumn (A9 and A10) HUNTER-#2 and HUNTER-#2 an there're the exactly the same then insert two rows beneath the las Hunter-#2. But the thing is I only want it to happen to specifics text and can it have exceptions like at A5 and A6 the text reads COPE & DRA #2 and under it says COPE & DRAG #3 can the code it insert two row beneath COPE & Drag #3 but if COPE & DRAGE #3 does not appear the insert one row beneath COPE &...

text wrap and change row height on different cells in an excel sheet
Hello there, I've been trying to look for a way to wrap the text and display it in the row by adjusting the row height. I have found a way of doing this for a selected cell, however i need my macro to be able to traverse through the sheet and perform the task. I am not familiar to vba functions and would appreciate if some one could provide sugggestions on how to achieve this. In my case the cells aren't merged! /***************** Sub AutoFitMergedCellRowHeight() Dim CurrentRowHeight As Single, MergedCellRgWidth As Single Dim CurrCell As Range Dim ActiveCellWidth As Singl...

Lookup Text Value
Hello I need to use a lookup to return only a result if the value is text. have a list of item numbers in row A that are repeated several times. need to look up the value in column B that corresponds to the ite number in Column A. There is only one text result in column B for single instance of the item number, so if the item number is liste more than once there will be an item number that has no result. Th issue I am having is that the VLookup returns the first occurence whic sometimes is nothing. How can I set a VLookup to return a text value? Thank you for your Help -- nuve ---------...

In Excel need macro to tell if Text Box is Blank or has Text
In Excel I need a macro to tell me if the Text Box Number is Blank or has Text in it. Textboxes on the worksheet? 'if from the control toolbox toolbar MsgBox Len(Worksheets("sheet1").TextBox1.Value) 'if from the Drawing toolbar MsgBox Len(Worksheets("sheet1").TextBoxes("Text box 2").Text) You could just look to see if it was equal to "", too. Jerry Dyben wrote: > > In Excel I need a macro to tell me if the Text Box Number is Blank or has > Text in it. -- Dave Peterson ...

New Essay: Floating Point Explorer
For the morbidly curious, take a look at my Floating Point Explorer, which lets you see the raw representation of a double, see how double-to-text and text-to-double conversions work, and generally explore a lot of the issues of floating point. http://www.flounder.com/floating_point_explorer.htm joe Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP] email: newcomer@flounder.com Web: http://www.flounder.com MVP Tips: http://www.flounder.com/mvp_tips.htm ...

How to get matching values with list box and dropdown property?
Hello, I want to define a list box with dropdown property, but i don't want to limit the choices the the first character only ,but to any consecutive characters typed by the user. For example: if the list contains abcdef abdeg abchi bcdef The outcome should be: input value shown from the list (rows) b 1,2,3,4 bc 1,3,4 bcd 1,4 In this example the list is not limited only to the first characters , but to any string with the typed characters. Anybody can help me ? Jack Gee, did you ask this in enough groups? This has absolutely nothing to do with Activ...

Combo Box to show 01 not 1
In my combo box row source is 01;02;03; but when i select say 02 only 2 is showing, Control Source is DateOfBirth/Number Field -- Thanks in advance for any help with this......Bob MS Access 2007 accdb Windows XP Home Edition Ver 5.1 Service Pack 3 Bob, The Row Source Type should be Value List, and the Row Source would be text... "01";"02";"03" -- hth Al Campagna Microsoft Access MVP 2006-2009 http://home.comcast.net/~cccsolutions/index.html "Find a job that you love... and you'll never work a day in ...

Moving the Text only
Is there a way to move text only? If i right click on the border area to move it to another cell (location) a window pops up but the option to <move value only> does not show, only <copy value only> and a list of other things, Say I have a persons name (Mike Smith) in a cell filled with color and a bold border around it and I only want to move the "Mike Smith" text and leave everything else then I want to move another name into that spot with the color filled and border around the new name. I only want to move the text, quick and easy, I hope. Right now I need to highlig...

german string to float?
Hello, I am wondering if anyone can help me. I have a small stored procedure which takes a float as paramemter. Today one of my german colleague found that she can't put 0,5 in, and it gives error message --- Error converting data type nvarchar to float. She tried a couple of days before and she did can type 0,5 and save. I am wondering what could trigger this problem? The front side is very supid, no checking at all. it just pass anything it receives to the stored procedure. Many Thanks DAXU I assume you are using those values in caclulations ... so check the valu...

adding text to existing text in whole coulumn
I need to add text to an entire column at once. I need it to go in fron of the text already in the cells. The text I need to add will be th same all the way down. I tried to add the text to one cell and the highlight the text I added only and fill down but that copied th entire cell all the way down which is bad. I just need to fill down th new text. In other words I need: dogs cats zebas to be: ****/dogs ****/cats ****/zebras Currently Im having to add the ****/ one cell at a time and its takin forever. Hope I explained that good enogh. Thamks, Terr -- mrwhite -------------------------...