Flipping order of data in a column

I need to flip the order of data in a column.

For example:

Is: 22

Need: 23

How can I do this? I need only flip the data in a column, these cell
are not a part of rows of data thus no ther data must flip with thes
numbers. Obviously the data I am changing is more than 3 cells long
(-

Hi
one way (using a helper column - if this is a one-time operation). If
your data is in column A enter the following:
B1: 1
B2: 2
- select B1:B2 and drag the selection down. This will populate column B
with ascending numbers
- Sort column A+B with column B in descending order
- delete column B

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

> I need to flip the order of data in a column.
>
> For example:
>
> Is: 22
> 10
> 23
>
> Need: 23
> 10
> 22
>

> How can I do this? I need only flip the data in a column, these cells
> are not a part of rows of data thus no ther data must flip with these
> numbers. Obviously the data I am changing is more than 3 cells long.
> (-;
>

> ---

frank.kabel (11126)
2/22/2004 9:38:38 PM
Sample to provide understanding:
In cell  B6   =OFFSET($A$6,COUNT(A6:$A$14)-1,0) And Copy Down to B14
Where in CellRange A6:A14 you have some numbers, 123,234,345...
Try it and post back if you still have problems..
HTH

"spectracide >" <<spectracide.121ktl@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> I need to flip the order of data in a column.
>
> For example:
>
> Is: 22
> 10
> 23
>
> Need: 23
> 10
> 22
>

> How can I do this? I need only flip the data in a column, these cells
> are not a part of rows of data thus no ther data must flip with these
> numbers. Obviously the data I am changing is more than 3 cells long.
> (-;
>

> ---

jmay (696)

Parsing Data in Excel
I am trying to parse data within a cell. I have the following tex within 1 cell Beach, Alicia/WDC I am trying to take the WDC and put into a seperate cell withou retyping. What formula do I use -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com =Right(A1,3) assuming the data is in Cell A1. Regards Trevor "aliciabeach >" <<aliciabeach.zs101@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:aliciabeach.zs101@excelforum-nospam.com... > I am trying to parse data within a cell. I have the following text > within 1 cell > Beach, Alicia/WDC > I am trying to take t...

Want previous years data to drop off as I enter current year data
I have an Excel spreadsheet with a sheet dedicated to my data. Additionally, I have a chart pulling data from this sheet. I have data starting with August 07. When I enter in data for August 08, I want the chart to reflect only 12 months of data and thus, I want the August 07 data to fall off so it can include the August 08 data and so on. I have searched for rolling over data/chart and don't see anything. I must not be calling it the correct thing. Anyway, I hope this makes sense. Any ideas? Thanks for your time. In EXCEL 2007 type:- dynamic range - into t...

trying to retrieve data
I have an exchange 2003 server. my desktop is running Outlook 2003. Every 5 minutes or so I get a bubble notifying me "Outlook is trying to retrieve data from the Exchange Server. server.domain.local" Any Ideas? This should get you started in the right direction, http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;839862 -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner "Peretz Stern" <peretzstern@optonline.net> wrote in message news:OO94QH03FHA.3400@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... >I have an exchange 2003 server. my desktop is r...

Arrange in order
Is there a way i can take my calculation results from column A and hav them ordered by highest to lowest value in column B automatically. E.g. If A3 suddenly (which is driven by another sheets figures increases in column B it moves up the list accordingly. Apologies if this makes no sense! T -- infojma ----------------------------------------------------------------------- infojmac's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1078 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27116 You can check out the following: http://www.xldy...

Consolidating Data Between Worksheets with Duplicates Removed
I am interested in tracking lab values that my staff enter into a daily worksheet. I would like to compile monthly percentages (% low, % in range, % high) but sometimes it is necessary to have duplicate data on consecutive worksheets for my staff's workflow. These duplicate values will cause my percentages (and absolute numbers) to be incorrect if I just sum between the worksheets. Does anyone have a solution? Thank you, Jody Hi, Probably the best way is to create another set of data which excludes any duplicates. There are many ways of doing this, depending on th...

How do I attach the values of cells to the data of a different ro.
I have a spreadsheet that tracks hundreds of orders. I need to attach data from several cells to a different row. When I sort the spreadsheet, I only want to sort off the value from the one row. Not quite sure what you mean, but if you want data from, say, A1 to appear in K22, in K22 you use the formula =A1. On Fri, 5 Nov 2004 12:55:02 -0800, "Jim Johnson" <sometrash@hotmail.com> wrote: >I have a spreadsheet that tracks hundreds of orders. I need to attach data >from several cells to a different row. When I sort the spreadsheet, I only >want to sort off the ...

Compare data in two columns to find duplicates.
I have two columns of siganl names. Column A is "From" data. Column B is "To" data. In some cases the dulpicates are the same signal path in reverse. An example would be Col A: Pin_1 Col B: GND. Further down the list would be Col A: GND Col B: Pin_1. I have 60,000+ rows of signal names. It would be great to find the duplicates and eliminate doing twice the work. Thanks Dan Hm. I inserted a Column C, D, E, & F. C contains a copy of A. D contains a unique ID for each row (just auto-numbered 1-whatever) E and F contain formulas that do comparisons on the To and Fr...

How to link data and it's formats bewteen worksheets #3
I am using Office v.X for mac. I have a workbook that that has master worksheet with A1:AK4 column headings and A5:AK265 has data with different formats (date,text,number etc.) I want to create new worksheet as a diiferent catagories with linking data from the master worksheet. So when i edit the master worksheet it edits the other worksheet simultaneous. For example rows 5,15,70,100 belongs to catagory1 being worksheet2 and rows 10,50,200 being another catagory as another worksheet and so on. Different rows will make up 6 catagories in turns 6 worksheets. I have tried using paste link but i l...

Print notes on purchase order blank report
How can I print the notes from purchase order header on the purchase order blank report? thank you in advance. You can modify the PO in Report Writer. Link the Records Notes Master to the Purchase Order HEader table and include the notes table in the report. Then the notes text field will be available to be displayed in the report. Regards Sivakumar V On Nov 17, 6:38 am, "Jack Tundra" <jacktun...@hotmail.com> wrote: > How can I print the notes from purchase order header on the purchase order > blank report? thank you in advance. Hi I am sorry but I cannot find th...

Back orders and shipping
We have partial back orders, but we would like to ship all items in one delivery, RMS automatically created a shipping entry twice, once for the items that are in inventory and a second time when we update the back order to fill all items. This is create a problem that 2 entries in the edit shipping window asking for duplication. Any way we can solve it to have control on when shipping is done? ...

Connection Lines Between Data Points
I'm trying to show connecting lines between data points. X axis is in dollars for the days of the week, Y axis is date. I do not have figures for each day for the X axis, so my data points will not connect. Below is an example of my data. Any help is appreciated. Thank you! Date Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday 12/1 $1,169 12/2 $521 12/3 $2,321 12/4 12/5 12/6 12/7 $3,317 12/8 $2,791 12/9 $776 12/10 $4,772 12/11 12/12 12/13 12/14 $1,391 12/15 $1,501 12/16 $1,322 12/17 $3,688 12/18 12...

Sales Orders GL posting dates
My company creates sales orders in my front end system and the front end system assigns it a created date. This sales order may not come into GP until several days after that. The created date from my front end system is passed to GP as its created date. Sales orders are not being posted until depletion(shipping). My problem is the finance department post sales orders to the GL accounts using the created date not the depletion posting date. I would like the GL posting date to use the depletion posting date. Can I make this change through the GP posting settings or is there a better way?...

How do I flip a text box horizontally?
How do I flip a text box horizontally in Publisher? It flips vertically but not horizontally. Select the text box. Arrange - Rotate -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Tracy" <Tracy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C6890420-FECE-46E1-B0E7-73791E5FA625@microsoft.com... > How do I flip a text box horizontally in Publisher? It flips vertically > but > not horizontally. Copy, paste special as a picture... there are many choices of image formats. Or right-click the text box and save as a picture and then insert. I am guessing you w...

Disable Price Locking When Quote Converted to an Order
When an order is created for a quote the price is locked so cannot be changed (unlike when creating an order direct). We only use Quotes and Orders to monitor correspondence not as a the primary sales order mechanism so we need teh flexibilty of making changes after the order is created. Does anybody know how this can be disabled? thanks Scott ...

Stacked Columns
Using Excel 2003. Have five stacked columns. Want to change order of only one stack; the only one that has more than two values in its stack. Was able to shift order of one of the two stack columns but the one with three values doesn't give me the same screen that permitted me to move the order up or down. Disregard! Found it! "jaygreg" <jaygreg90@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:e$eAOUTzHHA.1164@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Using Excel 2003. Have five stacked columns. Want to change order of only > one stack; the only one that has more than two values in it...

Project Purchase Orders
Does anyone know the process to move open PO's to history in Project Accounting V7.5? I have been reading the documentation and don't see the instructions listed. thanks ...

Pointing to plotted points to see the data
I periodically make a x,y scatter chart using dates for x and a number for y, like this: x y 8/12 213 8/13 254 8/14 198 etc. Previously, when I would use the mouse to point at a point on the chart, Excel would display the date and the number (e.g. 8/13,254). Now, with my most recent chart, Excel displays a sequential number instead of the date (e.g. 2,254). Why has it changed? And where in Excel can you specify how the x value is to be displayed? There's a slight difference in how Excel displays point value for XY Scatter charts and Line charts. Line: Series "y&q...

Recovering data without Money
Hi All, I had an OEM version of Money 2002 installed on my PC. I've recently had to replace it due to hardware failure, but have kept the old disk drive as an external drive on my new system. Of course, Money won't run, and the disks it came on won't work as it is a different manufacturers machine :( I urgently need to extract some of the account details from it in order to complete my tax return by the 31st January, any suggestions on how I could (a) get it working again or (b) extract the relevant data from the database gratefully received Thanks John Your quickest choice ...

Can I create graph combining clusted and stacked columns?
There is an example on my Tip&Tricks page best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Robin" <Robin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:32ADC32A-7C2E-48F2-9D4A-3CF254D116FE@microsoft.com... > ...

Incident to order
When we close an incident, you can enter billable hours for the incident. Is there a way to use this information and automaticaly create an order for the customer? I'm also looking for a way to assosiate an order with an incident. Any ideas anyone? ...

GP Data AND Access
Hi guys, I am a newbie and trying to get a better understanding of GP. I was wondering how to get started on retrieving data from GP in MS ACCESS. For example if I want to look through list of employees and check to see if they are inactive and insert them into a table. Normally I read through sources and try to get a better understanding through trial an error, however, I don't want to do that with GP. If you guys have any informative sites also I would greatly appreciate it. 1. In your MS Access database, select Tables from the Objects list. Right-click on the panel where table are l...

Migrating existing Outlook data to Windows 7 (from XP)
I installed Office 2007 on Windows and then restored the .pst form a backup done under XP. How do I prevent Outlook from downloading all the emails again from my ISPs? Is there a registry setting that needs to be changed? I still have the XP installation so I can find the setting there if I know what to look for. Cheers, Martin And how did you restore the pst? "Martin" <sirraheelnitram@gmail.com> wrote in message news:02dd518e-adc6-460c-9c83-712a219e3f65@a6g2000yqm.googlegroups.com... > I installed Office 2007 on Windows and then restored the .pst form a &...

Purchase order invoice error
Hi I am not able to post purchase order invoice. whenver i am trying to post invoice, system is giving the following error message. "Account number for transaction type Tax does not exist. Posting has been cancelled" can anyone help me in this?.. Hi, Please check the dimesion. Thanks Akshay > On Wednesday, July 07, 2010 7:16 AM praveen wrote: > Hi > > I am not able to post purchase order invoice. whenver i am trying to post > invoice, system is giving the following error message. > > "Account number for transaction type Tax does not exist...

Labels Report columns unstable
I have made several Labels Reports with 3 columns (x 7). In every case the initial Report has reverted to single columns when re-opened. Is there a word of code that would make the 3 column presentation more stable. Page Layout still records 3 cols but only one is showing in Print preview. Thanks. This is often caused by not having the most recent service packs applied to Office. A quick fix that often works is to turn off all of the Name Auto correct options in Tools->Options. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "Pete" wrote: > I have made several L...

Column formatting not accepted
Good morning, I regularly export from Quickbooks to Excel 2000. I create a primary key 1,2,3,4, in the first column in order to assist with some sorting that I wish to complete. When finished I sort by the primary key which now lists as follows 1,10,11...2,20,21 - I have changed the formatting of the column with no luck - Any advice much appreciated - Glen It's not enough to just reformat the column. Try formatting the column as General then select an empty cell Edit|copy select your column again and edit|paste special|and Check Add (under operation) millarg wrote: > > Good mo...