Fix #2

Hi!

The word, *FIX* is always present in my Excel Status Bar (lower,
right-hand corner of the screen).

What message, is this conveying?
Do I need to take corrective action?
If so, what corrective action?

Regards,
Mick.

--
mick2
mick2's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24143

It means that your workbook is set to always set the decimal point at a
certain place when you enter a number (typically 2).

eg.. You enter 12345, press [Enter], and the number changes to 123.45

You turn that feature on off by:
Tools>Options>Edit
Check (or uncheck) Fixed decimal places.

Does that help?

Ron

--
Ron Coderre
Ron Coderre's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=21419

"Spot-On!"

Thanks, Ron.

--
mick2
mick2's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24143
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=378337

How do I fix this?
I used the Startup tool to setup my application but I unchecked the Menu Bar and the Shortcut Menu Bar checkboxes. I need to make some changes but I can't get the Tool menu back. Help Please. Thanks Hold down the Shift key when you open your database. Rob "Ayo" <Ayo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C3A9F20A-231C-42CA-80C4-59B836CFE1AB@microsoft.com... >I used the Startup tool to setup my application but I unchecked the Menu >Bar > and the Shortcut Menu Bar checkboxes. I need to make some changes but I > can't > get the Tool menu ba...

Need to convert 2002 back t0 while laptop is fixed
My laptop with Money 2002 died and had to be sent in for service which will probably be about a month. The good news is that I backup up all my data files the day before and burned them to CD. My office machine is running Windows 98 SE and Money 2001 but it will not read the 2002 files. I can't install XP because the machine will not support it. I used a friend's machine and can open my backup file but I don't want to leave my financial data there. Is there some way I can transfer the data to Excel or save it in a backwardly compatible format? I tried to synchronis...

Fixing column width
I have a spreadsheet in which I have set the widths of certain columns using Autofit. The problem is that I often have to add to the spreadsheet by importing data from a text file. Every time I do that, the column width changes to the width of the new data (which is usually narrower than what I wanted). Is there a way to prevent that from happening? Thanks, Cliff Lewis Assuming you're using the Data, Import Data command, when you get to the final "Import Data" dialog there is a "Properties" button (in Excel 2003 at least). One of those properties is Adjust column w...

Duplicate Mailbox in Outlook 2003 #2
I am running Outlook 2003 on a Windows XP SP2 machine. Outlook is configured to connect to an Exchange 2003 server. Under the "All Mail Folders" in Outlook 2003, it lists my mailbox twice - one with the Outlook Today icon and one with the Personal Folder icon (even though it is not a personal folder). Clicking on either one displays the exact same contents and folders. I tried going into the email account options to see if I can remove the duplicate account but there is only one Exchange account is listed. I am not running Outlook in cached mode. I do have a PPC I sync with...

Customer Deposits #2
Is there a report that can be used to reconcile customer deposits? I've created a smartlist that pulls the Deposits Received, but I was wondering if there was a formal report. ...

Yodlee #2
Just curious: does Money still use Yodlee? I tried a simple search here for any post about "Yodlee" and got no hits. TIA In microsoft.public.money, John Pollard wrote: >Just curious: does Money still use Yodlee? I tried a simple >search here for any post about "Yodlee" and got no hits. Money uses both CashEdge and Yodlee for some institutions. These are often collectively referred to as "third party" in this group. ...

Invoices From Speadsheet #2
I am not sure I understand your email address....anyway I rembered tha I will need to have the ability to ad sales tax or not to certai invoices -- joey250 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- joey2509's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1646 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27819 It sounds that a "proper" accounting package might be the way to go, then you can track your expenses and payments as well. However, if you'ld like to look at my workbook, the email add...

Templates #2
I am taking a home course through my school in Excel. I do not have a customize your invoice button on my invoice template. I can't find it elsewhere either. I have XP Office. There has to be something I am doing wrong or something that is missing in my software. Does anybody have a clue on how to help me? Karlin You are doing nothing wrong. The Sales Invoice template included with XL2002(XP) has no such feature. It is a very basic template. Earlier versions of Excel had an INVOICE.XLT which has the "customize" feature and other features the 2002 is lacking. INVOICE.XL...

Backgrounds in Excel #2
I want to be able to print the background in excel, and also when I PDF an excel file the background dissapears. How can I make it to print/view. Is there any way. Please help me. If there's a way to do it, would you please email me the steps to make it work. Thanks, Bianka ...

2005 Excel User Conference #2
Just a reminder about the 2005 Excel User Conference. Details can be found at: http://www.exceluserconference.com/ The conference will take place on Friday, September 16, 2005 - Saturday, September 17, 2005 and will be held at Stockyards Hotel Fort Worth, Texas USA. Mark your calendars and make plans to attend. This will be your opportunity to meet some of the regular posters and learn from some of the "masters". Don't miss out!! Everyone is welcome to help spread the word about this event. Messages posted in other forums in which you participate would be appreciated. We would...

The great disappearing hot fix
Has anyone experienced anything like this? Yesterday, one of our users complained to me about some quirk in GP eConnect processing that I had thought we fixed in December of 2007 via a Hot Fix to eConnect. Well, when I checked our server it was as if the hot fix was never installed (the eConnect release version was the basic 9.0.3.0, instead of 9.0.3.4). The Hot Fix was also missing from Add/Remove Programs. I went to reinstall the hot fix, and when the install program started it gave me the option to either Repair or Remove the hot fix. So, something was still present tha...

Help with Formulas #2
I need help with creating a formula. I want to count the total number of individuals who meet a certain criteria in one column and a certain criteria in another column. For example: I want to find out the total number of people who live in Germany and went on a specific trip. For argument sake let's say column A is at lists only Y or N for yes and no, and column B is a list of Countries such as Germany, America, etc. I would like to figure out the total number of individuals who have a Y in column A and the word Germany in column B. This is what I have done so far and it works for co...

To say Apple's iPad 2 is an easy tablet to review is somewhat of an understatemet.
http://tinyurl.com/6esla4b ...

Querying the last 2 ids for displaying
Hello, How can pull the last 5 ids in a list for displaying? Display.xsl <xsl:template match="/"> <xsl:for-each select="document(/Filings/File/@href)/DataCollected"> <xsl:sort select="@id" order="ascending" /> <xsl:apply-templates select="."/> </xsl:for-each> </xsl:template> Filing.xml <Filing> <File href="Post1.xml" id="1"/> <File href="Post2.xml" id="2"/> <File href="Post3.xml" id="3"/> ..... ..... ..... </...

a #2
a ...

Combination of text in 2 columns
Have a list of names-- first cell contains FirstName, MI; second cell contains LastName; Need to combine data into 3rd cell; output of 3rd cell: FirstName.LastName@XXX.com What is the easiest way to do this?? Thanks for your help! Maybe this with your names in A1 and b1 =A1&"."&B1&"@xxx.com" -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. "eintpc5146" wrote: > Have a list of names-- > first cell...

Error importing dates from fixed width txt files
I'm trying to revise an existing Import Spec to include new fields added to a fixed width text file. If I import without making any revisions the dates import correctly. They are on the file as CCYYMMDD and the data field in the Spec is Date/Time and I've deselected 4 digit year. My new date fields were added to the text file as YYMMDD and I select Date/Time data field for the new fields. However, with the revisions made adding the new fields none of the date fields import now with the revised spec. Another user created the spec and we're both using Access 2003 with th...

Cell Box - one of the 4 cell lines is open
What was the set of search "words" to find the answer... please? I have spent an hour. ( I don't want to tell you that I spent more time - mentioned). Oh yea! The lines are call borders and are part of cell formatting. Format > Cells... > Border > Outline > OK -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200826 "MUTTMIND" wrote: > What was the set of search "words" to find the answer... please? I have > spent an hour. ( I don't want to tell you that I spent more time - > mentioned). Oh yea! No worky. Excel 2007 - home tab - cells (ins...

mail merge- 2 things
Help! I have folks on my mailing list, same address but different last names. When I merge that way, it shows them correct but the others either.....sam smith and judy smith or The Smith family. In a perfict world I would like it to merge...... jen doe & sarah miller and sam & judy smith. What can I do? Next, when I save the mail merge to a cd to take to Kinkos to print they say "you need to load up this file prep tool & save it that way first, oh but you have XP so this won't work, you need to buy a distiller". Well I just looked at what I think is ...

2 e-mail acounts different folder trees
Hi, A colleague in the office has 2 e-mail accounts. He would like to have different tree for each account. Now they appear together. Is something like this possible? If it is can you help me with a link or with some instructions. Thank you in advance. Hard to say without knowing any details such as Outlook versions type of accounts. Start with; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/sortmail.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Q...

Recently used file list #2
The recently used file list in Excel does not reliably display all most recently used files. Settings under Tools/Options/General is set for 9 files. While the list contains 9 files, recent ones that I've opened, then closed do not appear. Some do. Some don't. Anyone know what's going on? Depends on the version of excel. In xl97, if you opened the file from Windows explorer, then it didn't appear in the MRU list. In xl2002, it does. (I don't recall xl2k's behavior.) But if you did a File|Open, they should appear in that list in all versions (IIRC). Rick wro...

Received/Not Invoiced #2
Has anybody come across a situation where the Smartlist>>Purchase Orders>>Received Purchase Orders would not show a PO that had a valid Receiving against it without an Invoice. It is a Blanket PO and was received against the right line on the PO - however both open lines of the same item on the PO show as Released and the Smartlist only shows Received status PO's. The odder thing is it does show up on the PO Analysis>>Received/Not Invoiced report. Anybody come across this before. Thanks Was the PO manually closed? That would be a reason the receipt doesn't ap...

Fix
What does the word FIX mean on Excel 2000? It is in the lower right hand corner 3 boxes away from NUM, 4 boxes from CAPS. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ It means you have turned on fixed decimals places under tools>options>edit, so if you have 2 fixed decimal places and enter 20 in a cell it will change into 0.2 Just uncheck it if you don't want it -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "zacharias" <zacharias.vdc4c@excelforum-nospam.com&...

Fixed Assets Quick Links
Does anyone know why I cannot customize the homepage with links to Fixed Asset windows? ...

Outlook 2007 Locks Up #2
I have a SBS 2003 R1 Prem. server with 5 workstations attached to it. Outlook 2007 is locking up on all workstations at least once a day. This started shortly after the Feb. 12, 2008 updates. I have seen numerous posts via Google on this subject. Has anyone found a solution yet? -Mike if its bad and you didnt find a solution within the first hour you should stop losing time and call MS "SMC" <mmcelrath@embarqmail.com> wrote in message news:uJ%23zE84jIHA.3512@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... >I have a SBS 2003 R1 Prem. server with 5 workstations attached to it. >Outlo...