Fit To Page...

We have a user running Excel 2003 that has the foollowing problem...

When she clicks on FIT TO PAGE and previews the page, the page is extremely
small (1.5" x 1", can't zoom or anything) and it appears to only be one
little page per cell.

Can anyone help with this problem?

Dave

0
Dave

I'd suggest that the user select the range to print and then use File, Print
Area, Set Print Area.  Otherwise Excel will default to printing the entire
used range of the worksheet, which seems to be much larger than the visible
data in this case.

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP
"Dave" <News> wrote in message news:uwGDvB4HFHA.2740@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
| We have a user running Excel 2003 that has the foollowing problem...
|
| When she clicks on FIT TO PAGE and previews the page, the page is
extremely
| small (1.5" x 1", can't zoom or anything) and it appears to only be one
| little page per cell.
|
| Can anyone help with this problem?
|
| Dave

0
jrrech (1933)

How do I get page numbers to keep going?
I am creating a report for uni. I have section 1 for the cover page with no page number, section 2 for the table of content with page number of I and then I have section 3 starting at page 1. It has 1 on the first page of section 3 but it doesn't continue to page two. How can I fix this? WORD 2007 Take the following actions (this is for page numbers to appear on the left hand side of the footer or centre aligned page numbers):- 1. Go into Section 3 / Insert / Header & Footer group / Footer / Edit Footer / 2. Make sure you are at the following point:- Foote...

Scatterplot with a best-fit line
How do i create one scatterplot with three separate data sets and a best-fit line to go with each set? Make an XY chart with the first set of X-Y values. Copy the second set of X-Y values, select the chart and use Edit menu > Paste Special, and add the data as a new series, categories in first column (row). Repeat for the third set of X-Y values. Add the trendline to each series by selecting the series, right clicking, and choosing Add Trendline. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "neally" <neall...

Displaying Page Numbers in sheet, not footer
Is it possible to have my page numbers display and print in the sheet itself instead of the footer? I need to display and print "Page x of x" in a specific cell. Any suggestions? Thank you! Rene Yes but you probably won't like the answer: ttp://google.com/groups?oi=djq&ic=1&threadm=an_613974661 -- --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm "Rene" <rlchandler@bibb.com> wrote in message...

No Symbols exist on the page to display
Hi, I am new to Visio. I have created a drawing and wanted to add a legend. So I created a legend and my symbols appeared as expected. But I can't add any other symbols. If I delete my existing legend to start again, and add a new one it says "No Symbols exist on the page to display" What have I done? Thanks Mark Did you try dropping one of the missing shapes on the legend? John... Visio MVP Need stencils or ideas? http://www.mvps.org/visio/3rdparty.htm Need VBA examples? http://www.mvps.org/visio/VBA.htm Common Visio Questions http://www.mvps.org/visio/common_questio...

Index Page
Is there a way to print an index page or thumbnail page of the pages in my publilcation. I just want a general overview without printing every page and wasting paper. Please help! Selina You can have many pages showing at once in print preview. Do a print screen, open Paint and paste. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "selina" <selina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:39C47544-5765-4BCC-B899-567892A1BD8F@microsoft.com.....

Printing same table on reverse side of all pages.
I have an Excel sheet which is several pages when printed. At the moment I print this onto paper which has the reverse side pre-printed with a table. The table is also in Excel format and never varies. Basically I print the table then re-insert the paper into the printer the other way up. The printer I have is capable of double sided printing. Is it possible to print the Excel sheet pages on the front of the paper and the table, which is currently pre-printed, on the reverse of all the pages? I believe it can be done by inserting the table into the Excel sheet on odd pages then printing dou...

Page breaks #4
I am not doing this properly, I have one sheet split into 5 page breaks. I am going to the row below the page break chighlighting the row and then Insert/page break and done this for the 5 sections. When I print it only prints one section. Help please. -- Check your print area to make sure it includes all the stuff you want. File|Print Area|clear print area (to let excel figure out what should be printed) S S wrote: > > I am not doing this properly, I have one sheet split into 5 page breaks. > I am going to the row below the page break chighlighting the row and then > In...

Mailing labels
I'm trying to set up a report for 5162 mailing labels. I got the specs of 4x1.333" label with .845" top and bottom margins and .1563" right and left margins. This results in a 11.021 page length which skips to new page before printing bottom row of labels. Has anyone done this? Also, I cannot get Page Setup to retain any settings. In fact, each time I do File--Page Setup, the values change slightly even when I change nothing else. For instance I see flip-flopping between .841, .842 and .843 for the top margins. So, the Label Wizard gets the answers wrong. Reduce th...

Fitting characters to a grid
In Excel I will have a grid sized 36 x 36, and this grid is subdivided into 36 6 x 6 boxes. What I would like to do is auto fill the grid randomly with the characters A-Z and 0-9. However, in each row and in each column, each character will appear only once. In addition, each character will appear only once in each 6 x 6 box. Sort of like a giant Sudoku puzzle. Any idea how I could formulate this? Marcus WOW!!!:eek: You do not want much do you???:rolleyes: Just to be sure I understand. In row 1 (for example) you would have a-z then 0-9 (randomly distributed) in columns "A" ...

Home page
Hi Is there any way to create a second home page? I'm using Money 2000 Standard on an XP machine. In WIN2k I did it but have no idea how. Thanks for any and all ideas John H ...

export current page to excel
Hi everybody, I have a report with many pages. This report is based on a query and this query is based on 2 tables (one-to-many). When I goto page 5, I want to export only page 5 to excel but I can't. I know to print current page (page 5) using docmd.printout but can't expot it to excel. I need your help, thanks in advance ! Hungtano -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com ...

"Error on Page" appears in the status bar when openning CRM4 entit
We recently upgraded from CRM3 to CRM4... The upgrade went nice and smooth. However, we have a frustrating behavior when openining any sales entity in CRM this includes: Leads, Opportunities, Quotes, Orders, Invoices, Accounts, and Contacts. When opening any of these entities a message is displayed at the left-hand side corner of the screen status bar: "Error on Page"... modifying/or adding screen data goes allright. Now, when clicking the save button the famous Microsoft message appears: "Microsoft has encountered.... bla bla bla"... When you click the "Send R...

sending web pages
My Outlook (2003)does not allow me to send a webpage or the link to a page as it says it is because it may have a potential virus. How do I resolve this? Thank you Copy/paste the link instead. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: David Davidson <ddavidson@adelphia.net> asked: | My Outlook (2003)does not allow me to send a webpage or | the link to a page as it says it is because it may have a | potential virus. How do I resolve this? Thank you ...

Insert page automatically
In Publisher 2003, how can I format my publication to automatically insert a new page when I reach the end of the previous page? -- GMom Publisher, unlike Word, doesn't automatically insert a new page. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "GMom" <GMom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1A5F3A13-548A-43DD-AF26-FF935B2DBE5D@microsoft.com... > In Publisher 2003, how can I format my publication to automatically insert a > new page when I reach the end of the previous page? > -- >...

Best fit data from a best fit curve?
MS Excel 2003. I have followed the instructions to apply best fit curve to my raw data points. I have a best fit curve that I am happy with, and I now need to extract the corresponding actual best fit data from the curve for use in other software applications. Does someone know how? Hi, See Bernard's page, which also includes a link to Tushar's page. http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme/ExcelTips/Polynomial.htm Cheers Andy Gigi wrote: > MS Excel 2003. I have followed the instructions to apply best fit curve to > my raw data points. I have a best fit curve that I am happy w...

Bus. Card changes font when I change print copies / page. I save
Please use this space top fully ask your question. And we need details. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Grateful" <Grateful@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:61932EEC-79BB-45DF-87A2-8E5AE4BEC538@microsoft.com... > "JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote: > Please use this space top fully ask your question. And we need details. > I modified a design option in business cards. I created it as 1 copy / sheet. I saved it. When I try to print it as 10 / sheet, the font and font color didn't save. I went to styles and formatting...

How to copy page setup
I need to open a new worksheet for a new year. (The year starts July 1st) I have copied the previous year worksheet to a blank worksheet in order to keep the formatting and formulae. How do I copy the page setup for printing? Thanks, Robin Chapple why not simple save a copy of the previous file strip out all the detail you don't need and build up to your new template? just a suggestion http://www.excel-ant.co.uk Robin Chapple wrote: > I need to open a new worksheet for a new year. (The year starts July > 1st) > > I have copied the previous year worksheet to a blank wor...

Page numbers in Word
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I cannot get Insert Page numbers to work in word, in documents elements when I choose Header, in other words, in any format. When I select Insert, etc. I get a grayed button reading "page" instead of the numbers. I even had an email response from Microsoft but their instructions did not correct the problem. They had me put several items in the trash, and finally restart. Nothing worked. It sounds to me like you simply may have toggled the display of Field Codes -- Try keying Option+F9 or go into the Head...

can i wrap rows to form multiple rows per row to fit on 1 sheet?
i have a worksheet with very long rows (a to cf). For printing i would like to wrap the rows to fit on a single page, and then seperate each set with a space. I would also like to wrap the headers too, of course. is this possible? Say you're creating 10 columns per new row. So it kind of looks like this: $A$1 $B$1 $C$1 $D$1 $E$1 $F$1 $G$1 $H$1 $I$1 $J$1 $K$1 $L$1 $M$1 $N$1 $O$1 $P$1 $Q$1 $R$1 $S$1 $T$1 $U$1 $V$1 $W$1 $X$1 $Y$1 $Z$1 $AA$1 $AB$1 $AC$1 $AD$1 $AE$1 $AF$1 $AG$1 $AH$1 $AI$1 $AJ$1 $AK$1 $AL$1 $AM$1 $AN$1 $AO$1 $AP$1 $AQ$1 $AR$1 $AS$1 $AT$1 $AU$1 $AV$1 $AW$1 $AX$1 $AY$1 $...

Missing image on first page
I have a report that pulls an image from a file. Everything seems to be working except the first page never has an image - only the variables that should go on the image. Any ideas?? ...

OUTLOOK caused an invalid page fault in module KRNL386.exe
I am running Windows 98 I have done all the updates via windowsupdate.microsoft.com. I have Outlook 2000 that I am using for e-mail and have run all the updates for this from officeupdates.microsoft.com. The problem I am having is that EVERYTIME I try to reply to a message I receive the following error : OUTLOOK caused an invalid page fault in module KRNL386.exe.....and Outlook locks up. I have tried to repair it and also tried to reinstall it with NO success. Please help....Thanks ahead of time for your attention to this matter ...

how to fit a curve to
Hi there I need to draw a curve to best fit some point on a chart. is there an easy way to do this approach without going into deep programing ? thanks Have you looked at the Chart's Add Trendline facility? Right click the data on the chart and select Add trendline from the shortcut menu; on the dialog box pick the type of curve you need and specify if you want to see the equation. Come back with more questions, if needed best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "yosi_lb" <yosi_lb@bezeqint.net> wrote in message news:45c5...

How to set a cell to expand to fit text in Excel not shrink fit
I'm not sure it this is doable but is it possible to set a cell so that it automatically displays all the text that is in there, expanding where necessary without manual changes. i don't want shrink to fit as I need to text to be of a certain size Wrapping text can be one way or install such an event sub: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Target.Column = 1 Then Columns(Target.Column).AutoFit End Sub This works on column A! Post if you need help to install it! -- Regards! Stefi „Elisal” ezt írta: > I'm not sure it ...

constantly changing formatting + joining pages + range of "save to" options

horizontal page split
I need to easily split a page in half horizontally and am using Word 2007. There is writing on top and bottom and need to be able to cut page evenly in half. Any suggestions for formatting? On the Page Layout tab, click the dialog launcher in the bottom right corner of the Page Setup group. On the Margins tab of the Page Setup dialog, under "Multiple pages," select "2 pages per sheet" and leave the paper orientation at Portrait. You will get two landscape "pages" on each sheet. They can be handled just as you would a full-size page, including margins...