First post, probably something easy to solve.. i hope :)

Would really appreciate any help anyone can offer on this one:

[image: http://www.gnorwood.fsnet.co.uk/help.jpg]

Basically I have 3 problems

1) How can I shade the area between these 2 without using an externa
image editing program, is there a way?

2)Again I'd like to shade this area

3)I've drawn a line using an imaging editor from 2500 on the x axis u
to 12500 on the y and then across as I need to show this particula
point. I could not find a way to do this IN excel, is there a way?

Thanks in advance for any help

xtxxm (1)

Hi g.,

It is possible to build your chart using additional data plotted as area
charts.
It's a bit complicated to explain so I have posted an example,
(http://www.andypope.info/ngs/ng21.htm)

--

Cheers
Andy

http://www.andypope.info

0
andy9699 (3616)

First in First out
I need help in figuring out how to implement FIFO. I order a product and it is put in inventory with a PO and price. Then I may order some more in a few months before I use up all the old, it is added in with its own PO and price. Now when I take out of inventory I want to use up all the items from the first order then switch to the next one. Any help would be nic Thank Ji You need a date stamp at the time the product into inventory. Maybe use an "expected arrival" date on the PO. But how does this relate to Excel? Questions like this should be directed to: http://www.allexpert...

Correcting payables distribution once posted
We have our Payables Management setup to post through to the GL. Is there a way to correct the GL distribution once the batch is posted? Is the entry originated in the GL we can use the "correct" function in financial trx entry. However, this will not work for entries originating in PM. An error message comes up saying the distribution must be corrected through PM. Any thoughts or will always require a manual GL entry to correct? Thanks The correction function in GL actually creates reversing and new entries, the same as manual transactions. Reversing a transaction poste...

OT: Setting for posting here
I'm using Outlook Express 6 to access this newsgroup as well as a few others. Where is the setting that I can put jibberish in my email addy that will force people to manually edit it before sending me mail. For example jl_amerson@hotnospammail.com TIA Please explain! -- tool/accounts/news/email address -- "Display tolerance & kindness to those with less knowledge than you because there is ALWAYS someone with more" "JL Amerson" <JL_Amerson@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:vtf04vqp2qfi88@corp.supernews.com... > I'm using Outlook Express 6 ...

How do I print just the first page in my received email
To me it looks like I can either print all, even or odd pages only. can I just print first page only, and how do I do that? HTML messages can be printed one page at a time if you use File, Print on the menu. You can also Edit a plain text message to change it to HTML be able to use File, Print. "PeterM" wrote: > To me it looks like I can either print all, even or odd pages only. can I > just print first page only, and how do I do that? > > Many thanks Mary..........When I'm looking at my email (please remember, this is my 3 day with outlook) how do I cha...

no database model in visio am i missing something?
I have a new version of Visio2003 and the thing I need is orm and database diagrams, but although they are on the net, they are not in my version of Visio. you have to be at either professional or enterprise architect edition for database. al "Rob Carlyle" <Rob Carlyle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:06BB7CC2-595B-469F-989E-C9F65CA70B66@microsoft.com... >I have a new version of Visio2003 and the thing I need is orm and database > diagrams, but although they are on the net, they are not in my version of > Visio. Thanks, that explains it. &quo...

the first
-- zdx840626��sina.com ...

Posts not appearing on discussion board
I'm not sure where to post this... I posted a question in Excel on Friday (11-13-09). I searched for all of my posts today, and that post isn't listed. I then searched for all posts about concatenating (the subject of my question). Again, my post wasn't there. SO... I figured I must have done something wrong on Friday & reposted the question earlier today. Still can't find it. The first thing I did was clear the cache & try again - but that didn't work. Where are my posts? Thanks This happens very often on this site.. Anyway post your question a...

Summary Query based on First Occurrence
I've got a list of invoices for businesses, some which have multiple invoices on a given day. I want to be able to return ONLY the First Day a customer was invoiced AND the TOTAL for just that day. Here's what the data looks like: Account InvoiceDate TotBill A B C Corp. 20041231 3500.00 A B C Corp. 20041231 9500.00 A B C Corp. 20050131 1500.00 A B C Corp. 20050131 2000.00 BARBERS INC. 20041431 1500.00 BARBERS INC. 20041431 12000.00 BARBERS INC. 20050131 300.00 BARBERS INC. 20050131 470.00 Ideally, my Qu...

AA INFO NOT POSTED CORRECTLY
---This is a very important issue---- Sometimes when GP post a transaction in GL with AA. Only the GL part of the transacction is transfered to the posted records (GL20000). The AA records on tables AAg10000, AAg10001, AAg10002, AAg10003 are not transfered and then the posted information for the original GL transaction is incomplete or corrupeted since there is no AA information related to the posted GL transaction. I would like MS Dynamics to update this reported issue. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the mos...

I want to know something about Visual Studio 2005
Hi, I want to know something about Visual Studio 2005 the size of it , and the System Requirements, who knows , please tell me. Thanks a lot. http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/products/vspro/details/default.aspx -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "fcvcnet" <fcvcnet@163.com> wrote in message news:#xJvGnNPGHA.536@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi, > I want to know something about Visual Studio 2005 > the size of it , and the System Requirements, who knows , please tell me. > Thanks a lot. > > Thank you so much! But I can not find the Visual Studi...

Outlook 2003 slow opening first html msg
Anyone else noticed a slowdown recently when opening the first html formatted message in Outlook 2003? It might have occurred during the recent MS updates, or it might be where I upgraded to IE7. That all happened about the same time. On my Pentium 800 with .5gb of ram, the message frame appears in about 20 seconds and the contents in another 20 seconds. This seems to only happen on the first e-mail to be opened. The next opens instantly. Dave ...

Transforming first n nodes
I have a large xml (35MB) and I need to transform its top 200 rows using an xsl (in ASP.Net web app). Is this possible to do it in an efficient manner? Thanks. You can subclass XmlTextReader and make a custom one that only return first N elements. Then you can use it to load data into XPathDocument and do a transfer. Yan "Salman" <salman_z_g@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Oa7kJoiMEHA.1192@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... >I have a large xml (35MB) and I need to transform its top 200 rows using an > xsl (in ASP.Net web app). > Is this possible to do it in an efficient...

Concatenate first:last! worksheet
I need to concatenate 150 rows in 50 different worksheets for a totals page, and may need to add additional worksheets in later versions. So, I need P7 in all 50 worksheets to be concatenated on P6 in the totals page, P8 in all worksheets to be concatenated on P7 in the totals page, etc. I am wondering if it's possible to use something like first:last! to concatenate the worksheet range, making it possible to include additional sheets added in before the current last worksheet. I am using "&" for the concatenate function now as I have more than 30 sheets ...

Toolbar doesn't react on first click.
Hello everyone. I create program with one toolbar and few CWnd objects in CFrameWnd. Only one window (CWnd) is shown at time. When I start some action on this window (OnLButtonUp and OnlButtonDown) program makes few expensive calculation, next he hides window (SW_HIDE), and shows another (SW_SHOW). But sometimes when I make double-click on window, everything show OK, but toolbar freeze (doesn't react on first click and I must click him once more). I try to override OnLButtonDblClk but my application never goes in to. I thing the problem are messages that are pushed to queue when pr...

Locating first blank cell
I am looking for a macro that will select the first blank (empty) cell in a given column please. Thanks, Mike Hi Mike Sub test() Dim GivenColumn As Long GivenColumn = 1 Columns(GivenColumn).Find(What:="", _ After:=Cells(1, GivenColumn), _ LookAt:=xlWhole).Select End Sub HTH. Best wishes Harald "Mike W" <mike@ehb-docks.fsbusiness.co.uk> skrev i melding news:dcq6va$97d$1@newsg4.svr.pol.co.uk... > I am looking for a macro that will select the first blank (empty) cell in a > given column please. > > Thanks, > > Mike > > Brilliant...

For John, et al. Re Combining Columns (previous post)
Hi, Using Excel 2007 Have a spreadsheet that I copied from elsewhere, that I want to modify a bit. In one column are GMT times expressed as 4 digits. e.g., 0000, 2130, etc. I want to combine (as in my previous post) these times with another column. No problem, as John's suggestion works fine. But: I can't get it to accept the 4 digits of: 0000 It keeps changing them to just a single digit: 0 I tried formatting the column as text, general, and a number, but the same thing. Any thoughts why it changes ? How do I get it to accept, keep, and work with, al...

Calculate due date 1 or 2 years ahead to the first of the followi.
Issue date is June 12,2004. Certificate is valid ( 24 months ) to July 01, 2006. How do I create this is XL? Hi =DATE(YEAR(A1)+2,MONTH(A1),DAY(A1)) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Wayne wrote: > Issue date is June 12,2004. Certificate is valid ( 24 months ) to > July 01, 2006. How do I create this is XL? I modified your's ... does this make sence..seem's to work =DATE(YEAR(B2)+2,MONTH(B2)+1,DAY(B2)-DAY(B2)+1) "Frank Kabel" wrote: > Hi > =DATE(YEAR(A1)+2,MONTH(A1),DAY(A1)) > > -- > Regards > Frank Kabel > Frankfurt, Germany >...

LAST, FIRST to First Last
I have data in LAST, FIRST and used this formula... =TRIM(MID(A2,FIND(",",A2)+1,99))&" "&LEFT(A2,FIND(",",A2)-1) Is there a way to change it from all caps to just capitalized names. Ex. currently - DOE, JOHN change to - John Doe Hi, Like this =PROPER(TRIM(MID(A2,FIND(",",A2)+1,99))&" "&LEFT(A2,FIND(",",A2)-1)) -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. "Erinayn...

First column of range in VLOOKUP contains formula
I have two sheets. Sheet 1 has two columns: 1. Code_Descr (example value: "12345_cookies") 2. Attribute_ID (empty) Sheet 2 has 4 columns: 1. Code (example value: 12345) 2. Descr (example value: "Nr-cookies") 3. Code_Descr (formula: =A2&"_"&B2) 4. Attribute_ID (example value: "BHU340098") The idea is to fill the column Attribute_ID in sheet 1 with the values from sheet 2. But there is a problem. As you can see the Descr-values in both sheets are slightly different. That is because they are from different sources. I want to us...

Finding the first DAY of the week of a given week.
Hi All, I’m building a between statement and need to find the first and last day of a given week. The user will select a date from an active X calendar. The day doesn’t mater, since they are picking a week. The week they select I would like to use as the start and end date. I need the start to be Sunday 00:00:01 and the end to be 1159:59 for the week they select. I’m using datepart to get the week vWeek = DatePart("ww", cal1.Value, vbSunday, vbFirstJan1) vYear = DatePart("yyyy", cal1.Value, vbSunday, vbFirstJan1) In this example my values are vWe...

select first sheet to the right in a macro
Hello, I'm trying to record a macro, in which I need one of the cells to do a vLookup in the sheet to the right of the active sheet, but I don't know how to make it insert the name of the sheet to the right. Here's what I have right now: ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = _ "=IF(RC[-4]="""","""",VLOOKUP(RC[-4],'System 012406'!C[-4]:C,5,FALSE))" Where it says "System 012406", instead I need it to insert the name of the next sheet to the right. Is this possible? Thank you in advance, Dan Dan, Sheets(Active...

post-backup script for tape abckup
I need to create a post-backup script (to tape) to mark a tape "ready for off-site" and if possible, eject or move it to "impot/export" zone. Please let me know how to get it done. Thanks Bill Marking a tape ready for off-site is not possible, if you are looking for ejecting the tape from a library, please take a look a the Unlock-DPMLibraryIEPort cmdlet at: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb809145.aspx Thanks, Praveen D [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Bill N&q...

first transaction
Hi! Is it normal that the first transaction of the day takes extra long to process in RMS? 1.3R Thx, M It mostly depends on what you have installed and where. The first time you perform certain actions - Like Item or Customer lookup will take longer as both RMS and SQL Server build up caches of data. Also, if you are running add-ins with RMS, they may load and initialize the first time they are called. Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all res...

Format when "0" is the first letter
I have a Excel document that has many cells with "0" as the first character of a string of numbers. When I change the format to number, the "0" would disappear. If I use Custom and type multiple 0s, the 0 stays but they would not stay when I do mail merge in Word. What can I do to retain the "0" in Excel and be able to mail merge without losing the "0"? Thanks, cpliu Have you looked at WORD's options for formatting the field? On 16 Jul 2004 20:45:02 GMT, cpliu <chanciusliuDeleteThis@yahoo.com> wrote: >I have a Excel document tha...

Find the first and last value
Hi, I have a list of periods, with assignments starting and ending at different periods. I need a formula that can search each row, find the first no blank value and get the corresponding period. Is there a formula that can do this as my VB understanding is limited. thx One way .. Assuming the periods are labelled in B2:F2, with data running down in B3:F3, B4:F4, etc Put in say, G3, and array-enter the formula, i.e. press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER: =IF(COUNTBLANK(B3:F3)=5,"", INDEX(B$2:F$2,,MATCH(1,--(B3:F3<>""),0))) Copy G3 down -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- Singapore, GMT...