Finding sheet one

A worksheet I need has dissapeared - no longer does 'Sheet one' show, only 2
& 3; how do I retrieve sheet one?

0
oldred1 (52)

try format>sheet>unhide

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"Old Red One" <oldred1@charter.net> wrote in message
> A worksheet I need has dissapeared - no longer does 'Sheet one' show, only
2
> & 3; how do I retrieve sheet one?

0
Don
11/17/2004 2:33:32 PM
Format>Sheet>Unhide?

Or maybe you deleted it, in which case it is gone if you have saved the
workbook since.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 06:30:12 -0800, "Old Red One" <oldred1@charter.net> wrote:

>A worksheet I need has dissapeared - no longer does 'Sheet one' show, only 2
>& 3; how do I retrieve sheet one?

0
Gord

Application works on one PC but not on another with same OS?
Hi, My application works OK on my PC (Windows 2000, latest server pack) but not on my colleague's (same OS and SP). One difference is that I have the .NET IDE installed on my machine, and he doesn't. I used to have the same problem on my machine. An error was generated because (IIRC) I was using an MFC string comparison method on a char array. This worked in my debug config., but not in the release config. I replaced the code with a strcmp method, and that fixed it on my machine, but not on his. Is there something I should update in his Window's installation when I install the ap...

Showing Specific Data from Master Sheet to Another Sheet
I am making a bill of materials at work and have a master list I want to access from other sheets. The master list has all parts named and categorized, and I want to be able to access sections (Hydraulics, Chassis, Electrical, etc.) of the master from other sheets. I have tried pivottables but I am having issues showing the data in it original form: Part Name Quantity Material Expense Category etc. (accross the row) I wish to be able to make calculations only off the selected data on each sheet but I am having immense problems getting there. If you can help. Parker Jo...

Finding Next Empty Cell in a Range
My worksheet is set-up for 12 month price tracking. The entry range is 12 rows (months) by 31 columns (days). How can I write a macro that will locate the cursor to the next empty cell in the range? What I am looking for is an efficient "find" command. I would prefer to execute by ctl-(letter) if possible. Thanks for helping. Need more information - what last/empty cell are you looking for? Next empty one in a row or column? Do we need to consider what the current month or day is? While we're figuring that out, here's code with 3 separate 'sea...

Message Stuck in Outbox to Only One Particular Email Address
Hi: I have Outlook 2007 and have been using it for about 2 months or so. I have encountered a problem with sending emails. I have sent emails to a particular email address (WinTips-Tricks@yahoogroups.com ) and the emails get stuck in the outbox. The CPU usage is very high (about 76%) and the taskbar icon flashes furiously. If I look in the outbox, the email is also doing a staccato flash. At the bottom of Outlook the send says complete, yet the flashing taskbar icon, and flashing email in the outbox remain. After awhile (about 2-3 minutes) this stops, but the email remains in the outbox....

update worksheet in one file with worksheet in another file
I want to have one worksheet in one of my excel files (file 1) to reflect the contents of a worksheet in another file (file 2) every time it is opened (file 1), that is, everytime it is opened this one tab should reflect the last changes made on the tab in another file, including formating. I suspect this is possible but I don't have a clue how to do it. I have a few questions: Can this be done without VBA? (I'm not even a beginner with VBA!) I did search the web some and found the following that looks interesting: http://techrepublic.com.com/5208-6230-0.html?forumID=101&threadI...

Quote for Customer can't find data source #3
I need assistance finding the data source for the quote mail merge in CRM 4.0. I get a error "mail_merge_64494[1].doc is a mail merge document. Word cannot open the data source, ." Here is the process I go through before I get the error: - I open a quote - click on menu bar button "Print Quote for Customer" - select organization mail merge, Quote for customer, and OK - when asked if I want to open or save, I select open - I pick yes, when it asks if it can put data on my document I then get message above. How do I find the datasource? Also is there a way to configure...

How to share info from one file to another?
I am wondering how I can share something perhaps from a cell of "file 1 to "file 2." I am familiar with how to do it from worksheet t worksheet within a single file. From what I have heard I know that i can be done but both files have to be located in the same folder. Correct me if I am wrong and please tell me briefly how it can be done I appologize if this is a newbie question. Thanks Chip Carlto -- ChipCarlto ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ChipCarlton's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&useri...

I'm looking for a community just like this one but for Entourge?
I need to lear how to import and what formats I can import into Microsoft Entourge. I'm hoping that at least someone can tell me of a community just like this one. Thank you. http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.mac.office.entourage Gilbert wrote: > I need to lear how to import and what formats I can import into Microsoft > Entourge. I'm hoping that at least someone can tell me of a community just > like this one. Thank you. Thank you very much Bob. "Bob I" wrote: > http://www.micros...

DNS Question
Hello All, I am working with a customer that has 2 Small Biz servers in the same office. These are on 2 domains, but the same subnet. I am having trouble getting mail to route between the 2 domains. Each is Small Biz server 2003. Domain A has a public IP of 72.151.19.122 and an internal IP of 192.168.200.78. Domain B has a public IP of 72.151.19.123 and an internal IP of 192.168.200.250. We are using a Netgear firewall and inbound and outbound mail between each of these domains and the rest of the world works fine. They just can't seem to talk to each other. I would think this woul...

"Find a contact box" problem
Hi. I�m having problems with the �Find a contact� box on the Standard toolbar. Previously, I would type in a name and the search would pull up name/s from the Outlook Contacts folder first then, if the name is not in the Contacts folder, it would pull up name/s from the Global Address List if any. Now, when I type in a name, the search only pulls up name/s from the Global Address List. The search does not include the Contacts folder although there are entries in the Contacts folder. The problem started after I transferred a couple of Contacts subfolders to another pst file. How do I fix the p...

Saving one page -- as Template?
Therre are several pages in a 40-page booklet I want to save to use in future editions. Is there a method to save these pages for re-us? Or must I save the entire publication as a Template? Can I copy single pages and paste in another .pub file? Save the entire document and delete out the pages you don't want. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "cuig" <cuig@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:16052168-6085-43D0-AD8B-2CF4839933FC@microsoft.com... > Therre are several pages in...

enter-key works with two inputboxes but not with olny one.
Hi, There is a form with two inputboxes and a submit button.The focus is on the first inputbox. When the user presses the enter-key without having entered some text, the javascript message "wrong text" appears. This works. But if i remove the second inputbox, leaving only the first inputbox and the submit button, pressing the enter-key without any text does not show the javascript message. Nothing happens. The focus remains in the inputbox. You can see the page is postbacked, but that's all. Why does it work with two inputboxes and not with one? And how to fix...

VBA -- protecting my sheet
Is there a way to use VBA to automatically lock (protect) my sheet every 2 hours? Only certain employees are allowed to modify it, and they are forgetting to lock it at the end of their shift. So far I have come up with this: Sub ProtectSheet() ActiveSheet.Protect (password) End Sub Can anyone point me towards a source of info on how to do this at 2 hour intervals? Thanks in advance... Josh, Use the OnTime method of the Application object. See www.cpearson.com/excel/ontime.htm for more details. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC...

finding all addresses in an exchange system
Being relatively new to Exchange and Outlook, I'm looking for the best way to implement a situation where there is a generic email account that the outside world sends to that a number of people need to monitor. Right now what I have done is set up an email enabled Public Folder and simply give permissions to that folder to the appropriate people. I also hide that address so it doesn't display in the GAL, since there is no reason for internal folks to write to that address. However, one problem I see with this scenario is I can't find an effective way to look at all email addres...

Pulling information from three sheets into a fourth automatically?
I don't know if this can be done but I enter details of payments made on three sheetst. Sheets called 3A 3B and 3C the information on each sheet is different but the payments received are the same so I enter the date and amount under separate columns for cheques and cash The columns I have on these three sheets are: surname first name date cheque cash and I need to details of the names and banking on sheet four on a daily basis. So if I am enter four entries onto sheet 3A with todays date I would like them to appear on sheet four automatically for banking but only if the entry in co...

Automatically updating cells on other worksheets when data typed into primary sheet
I'm trying to create a workbook that will allow me to enter data on the first sheet and it will then append the data to a second sheet by automatically starting a new line. Example: I enter "This is a test" into A1 on sheet 1 First available line on sheet2 automatically updates with "This is a test" When it comes to enter something new in A1 on sheet1, same function above goes into action, accept it should be on the next available line which will be A2 on sheet2, as A1 is already used by previous data entry. Can this be done? I would appreciate any help with this. ...

Alternating between sheets of same workbook
Hi Is there a keyboard way of switching between sheets of the same Excel workbook, like Ctrl+TAB switches between windows Hi Lourens Ctrl-PageUP and PageDown See also http://www.contextures.com/excel.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Lourens" <Lourens@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CD7C213D-921A-4EE8-8517-096AD17316DB@microsoft.com... > Hi > Is there a keyboard way of switching between sheets of the same Excel > workbook, like Ctrl+TAB switches between windows Taken from Excel's Help with search word "Shortcu...

comparing 2 similar columns on seperate work sheets in 1 workbook
How can I compare a column from worksheet 1 to a column in worksheet 2 of the same work book? BTW, the cell my have a number or text in it but not formulas "Dan" wrote: > How can I compare a column from worksheet 1 to a column in worksheet 2 of the > same work book? What are you looking for? If you want to find out if each cell in Column A of sheet1 appears in column A of sheet2, you could use a helper column of formulas: =isnumber(match(a1,sheet2!a:a,0)) and drag down And you could use the same kind of formula that will tell you if values in sheet2 appear in sheet1. ...

Win or Linux for Airlines? WHich one is better? Vacuum Power Of An Average Airplane Toilet
Seven years ago, the Poop Fetish community was embroiled in discussion about an unfortunate traveler who claimed she was vacuum-suctioned to an airplane toilet seat. Her claim was subsequently tested and disproven. But what was never in doubt was the suction power of an airplane toilet. AirTran Airlines has got some dude living on one of their planes for thirty days as some sort of PR stunt. No, he has NOT gotten stuck on an airline toilet. But he HAS provided an extremely visceral demonstration of just how powerfully these airplane toilets do, indeed, suck. Behold on YouTube; ...

How to find Scribble Tutorial
Hello, I've just installed Visual Studio 2005 and would like to go through the scribble tutorial. Can someone direct me to the scribble tutorial help topic(s). I searched for scribble, tutorial, etc. I can find the sample code but not the tutorial help. Thanks in advance. >Hello, I've just installed Visual Studio 2005 and would like to go >through the scribble tutorial. Can someone direct me to the scribble >tutorial help topic(s). I searched for scribble, tutorial, etc. I can >find the sample code but not the tutorial help. Thanks in advance. http://msdn.microso...

Nested MID and FIND
Hello all! Does anyone know how I may be able to search a string and extract text from it using the MID and FIND function with multiple FINDS? I have a spreadsheet for which I have a lengthy bit of text for which I have set up to currently extract ",IE". I need to adapt the formula =MID(Dump!A1,FIND(",IE.",Dump!A1)-2,5) to also search for either ",MA" or a ",MC". These characters will always be unique and there will not be a combination of either in the text string. The string will have either one of the three but not two or all of t...

Re: Find and Replace command
Folks, I am wondering if anyone can help me with the following scenario: I downloaded some financial info. from SAP into excel. The negative numbers are showing up as: 585,656.25- I want Excel to replace the ending (-) with a begining (- ). i.e.-585,656.25 I thought that I could type in wildcard characters to replace all the numbers with the ending (-). So: Replace .**- with -**.** While Excel is able to locate the numbers it is just changing it to exact wildcards (e.g. -**.**) I know that I am doing smething wrong..can somebody please help? Thank you. Shans A macro to do all cells...

Link footer of one file to cells in another file
Is this possible? Only via code... Option Explicit Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) With Me.Worksheets("sheet1") .PageSetup.CenterFooter = .Range("a1").Text End With End Sub If you're new to macros, you may want to read David McRitchie's intro at: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm If you want to read more about these kinds of events: Chip Pearson's site: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/events.htm David McRitchie's site: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/event.htm Laura wrote: > > Is this po...

Problems with "find" function
I sort alot of email and use "find" alot. A few days ago it just stopped working i.e. when I do a find it just scans and scans and produces nothing. This just started. Any thoughts? Thanks Bill ...

HELP!! How to formula the "sheet" link
Hi , I have a workbook contains 1+50 worksheet, I want to link each sheet number to sheet one, besides manually change the sheet # in the formula =SUM('sheet02'!$H$16:$H$21,'sheet02'!$H$26) =SUM('sheet03'!$H$16:$H$21,'sheet03'!$H$26) =SUM('sheet04'!$H$16:$H$21,'sheet04'!$H$26) =SUM('sheet05'!$H$16:$H$21,'sheet05'!$H$26) ..... up to sheet 50... Can someone help me to automatic it in anyway? Thank you very much!!!! Nicole Try a formula like the following: =SUM(INDIRECT("Sheet"&TEXT(ROW()-4+2,&...