finding last non empty cell in a column #3

FYI - The column could be any column not just B

--
cparson
cparsons's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1286

Find Duplicate names and delate

Find a Value the first Time It Occurs

Finding a Median

VBA to insert .xlborder if cell value not equal to previous cell
I've got a worksheet and I'm wondering whether it is possible to insert a line when a value in Column A, B, C & D does not equal the values in the row above or below it. I've currently got a formula in Column A that reads.... =IF(AND(B3=B2,C3=C2,D3=D2,E3=E2),"","IL") and a conditional format that if the cell value is equal to "IL" then put a border. Wondering if there is a better way to do this via VBA or is that the better way? In your conditional formatting formula, instead of =A1="IL" (which I assume is what you've...

Fix the order of the last name and first name
How do I fix the order of the names, when the last name is first and the first name is second, separated by a comma. Hi! What order do you want them in? Biff >-----Original Message----- >How do I fix the order of the names, when the last name is first and the >first name is second, separated by a comma. >. > Hi try =TRIM(MID(A1,FIND(",",A1)+1,255)) & " " & TRIM(LEFT(A1,FIND(",",A1)-1)) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Zami wrote: > How do I fix the order of the names, when the last name is first and > the first na...

delete drop-down box in cell
I have a problem removing a drop-down list box in a cell and have trie using clear contents, delete cell, the delete button on the keyboard Can someone please tell me how to remove this box from the cell. Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi might be one created by data / validation ... click on the cell choose data / validation choose Clear All regards JulieD "brain77 >" <<brain77.1apguz@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:brain77.1apguz@excelforum-nospam.com... > I have a problem removing a drop-down list box in a cell and have tr...

How do you add additional columns?
I would like to add additional columns to my Windows Media Player so I can better classify the music. How do you add additional columns? Dan wrote: > How do you add additional columns? Start by right clicking (or left, if you're left-handed) on any existing header (not the blank space where you might want it to go — that's *my* mistake) -- Steve Swift http://www.swiftys.org.uk/swifty.html http://www.ringers.org.uk ...

Find/Replace in RichEdit 2.0

vlookup on cell below
Is it possible to do a VLOOKUP but instead of returning the value in row that contains the lookup, it returns the value in the row below? eg a b 1 no x 2 yes y 3 ok z =VLOOKUP("yes",A1:B3,2,FALSE) would return "z" instead of "y". Th only way I can think of is to add a row header at the top and use the MATCH function in column A to find the row position of "yes", then use that in an HLOOKUP in column B. I was hoping there was a simpler way. Not VLOOKUP, but INDEX & MATCH =INDEX(B1:B3,MATCH("yes",A1:A3,0)) -...

Code Line to Empty Clipboard
Temporary memory loss: There is a single line of code that will empty/clear the content of the Clipboard. Entering the statement = False performs. what is it? ???????? = FALSE Tks in advance,, Application.CutCopyMode = False -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "JMay" <jmay@cox.net> wrote in message news:tXwLb.70607$hf1.60972@lakeread06... > Temporary memory loss: > There is a single line of code that will empty/clear the content of the > Clipboard. > Entering the stateme...

Check if a row is empty
I have a table that can contain emtpy rows. Row is considered empty when all the columns (except the primary) are NULLs. Is there a function in Sql Server to test if a row is empty? On Jun 17, 2:42=A0pm, sChapman <sumant...@googlemail.com> wrote: > I have a table that can contain emtpy rows. Row is considered empty > when all the columns (except the primary) are NULLs. Is there a > function in Sql Server to test if a row is empty? select * from tables where col1 is null and col2 is null and col3 is null..... so on Amish Shah http://shahamishm.blogspot.com Pe...

Non printing of check boxes in a Report
I have come back to using Access and although I have managed it before I cannot get Check Boxes to print in a Report. They are visible on screen but when I want to print the Reports the space where the check boxes should be whether 'a tick' or 'blank' is empty. Try changing the font. It may be something your printer doesn't have the font for, while substituting another similar font for other characters. "Jenny" <Jenny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:71D46938-AA7C-4C43-8284-B763FD955FAB@microsoft.com... >I have come back to using ...

Histograms #3
Help Me! I am trying to create a Histogram on Excel. The onl information that I have is class limits and the frequnecy's for eac class. Every time I enter the information on Excel and click o Hisogram it changes my Bins. I know there is a way to create one wit this inforamtion, but I have no idea how. Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com TarheelGirl33 - > Help Me! I am trying to create a Histogram on Excel. The only information that I have is class limits and the frequnecy's for each class. Every time I enter the information on Excel and click on Hisogram it ...

Find (but not find)

Returning only non zero effect groups
Here is a sample list (mine are much larger w/many more fields) Name Amount Date bob 100 04-05-05 bob -50 05-04-05 bob -25 05-05-05 sarah 200 04-03-05 sarah -200 04-06-05 dave 300 04-02-05 dave -150 04-27-05 dave -150 05-18-05 I only care about the values for the groups(name would be group in this case) in which th...

is there a comand to return the mane of a worksheet inside a cell
Trying to find a command that returns a worksheet name inside a cell Hi Fabian Try this, =MID(CELL("filename"),FIND("[",CELL("filename"))+1,FIND("]",CELL("filename"))-FIND("[",CELL("filename"))-1) This one will give you the full path: =CELL("filename") HTH John "Fabian" <Fabian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:140C847D-2C3A-49F6-9C60-9515B426AD5E@microsoft.com... > Trying to find a command that returns a worksheet name inside a cell Hi, =MID(CELL("filename...

Table Row Height and Column Width
Is there a way to exactly set the row height and column width in Publisher 2003? For instance, I want all the rows to be .25 inches high or 16 points high -- can I set this? No... You could create ruler guides. Right-click a ruler guide, click format ruler guides. You then can adjust your table rows by snapping to the guides. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Lori T" <Lori T@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2631297F-839A-4699-B4F6-45601B771E1A@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to exactly set the row height and column width in Publisher > 2003...

OWA Stopped Working #3
OWA has worked fine for us for years; but suddenly we just get the "Loading" screen. There is just code on the left hand side where the icons should be; and a few empty boxes across the top. All of the services are running on the front end server, it has been rebooted, and all of the services are running on the back end servers. The exchweb site is running. No configuration changes have been made. This happens on IE 6 and IE7. I have read KB280823. Everything is set as should be. Virus scans reveal nothing. What could have happened? And how do I fix it?! Thanks! Check ou...

Finding an event

Upgrading reports from CRM 3.0 to 4.0
Having spent around 10 hours trying to upgrade a custom report from CRM 3.0 to CRM 4.0, I thought I’d post a message to share my pain and the solution! It appears that in CRM 4.0 Microsoft have made a change to the way in which the standard reports retrieve the name of the user running the report. I have been unable to find any documentation about this. If you have a custom report that is based on a standard CRM 3.0 report (i.e. it has the CRM_FullName parameter & UserInfo dataset) and upload it into CRM 4.0 then try to run it, you may get either of the following behaviours • Th...

cannot find database

Trapping a NO FIND after a find