Finding Data in multiple worksheets

Using Excel 2000, how can I find data in multiple worksheets; example:
any number between 200 & 299 in 32 worksheets?

0
mark538 (36)

If you mean you want to find a single number across 32 worksheets, group your
worksheets (click on the first, ctrl-click on subsequent (or even shift-click)).

Then Edit|Find

But I think I'd use Jan Karel Pieterse's FlexFind:
http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/

If you meant you wanted to find all 100 numbers (200-299) in all 32 sheets, then
I think I'd have a macro search for each number and report the results on a new
worksheet.

--

Dave Peterson
0

Find Duplicate names and delate

A code to import other xls data into one xls file
Hi there. Can anyone help me in creating a VB code in excel Module that imports data like file name;direct cost; and year from several xls spreadsheets [reports_1, reports_2, ...] (from different sheets and cells) into one spreadsheet [summary] into the following columns accordingly: (column 1 [file name]: file name; column 2 [direct cost]: dollar amounts, column 3 [year]: year)? i already have the code that pulls file names from the folder directory and pastes the data into column 1 [file name]. may be it will be easier to have the code refer to that column 1. Please note that t...

Autofill Worksheets
Is there a way in Excel 2000 to rename the first two worksheets and then use an autofill type feature to add more worksheets with a series of names? For example, name one worksheet January, the next one February, then insert new worksheets that would be automatically named the consecutive months. Bonnie Hi Bonnie i would probably approach it this way, choose tools / options / general change "sheets in a new workbook" to 12 open a new workbook - it will have 12 sheets go back into tools / options / general and set the sheeets back to 3 then run the following code ---- Sub n...

Issue retriving data from mssql 2005
Different queries accessing a storedprocedure sometimes hang until they are timedout. Calling the stored procedure mannually (Management Studio)(from the client computer that also executes the program) returns 1090 rows in one sec. EXEC spa08v1GetTransactions NULL ,'20091006','20091006' Executing the stored procedure from a simple app, just counting the rows gives me a timeout at 956 rows. This runs nicely against my test enviroment. SqlCommand cmd = new SqlCommand(); cmd.Connection = new SqlConnection("Server=MyServer;Database=MyDatabase...

Find a Value the first Time It Occurs

Finding a Median

Find/Replace in RichEdit 2.0

Find (but not find)

is there a comand to return the mane of a worksheet inside a cell
Trying to find a command that returns a worksheet name inside a cell Hi Fabian Try this, =MID(CELL("filename"),FIND("[",CELL("filename"))+1,FIND("]",CELL("filename"))-FIND("[",CELL("filename"))-1) This one will give you the full path: =CELL("filename") HTH John "Fabian" <Fabian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:140C847D-2C3A-49F6-9C60-9515B426AD5E@microsoft.com... > Trying to find a command that returns a worksheet name inside a cell Hi, =MID(CELL("filename...

copying messages to multiple mailboxes
I've worked around this issue in a number of ways, and it's getting unwieldy and more complicated. So what I'm looking for is a "best method" solution. Exchange 5.5, Outlook 2000/2003 clients. I have a group of users who each need to receive the other's mail, incoming and outgoing. The kicker is they need to receive the message only once. So if I have three users for example, A, B and C, then I need the following: Message from X to A also gets copied to B and C. Message from C to A gets copied only B. The problem I've had most trouble with is a message from...

Finding an event

Messages to multiple recipients not delivered to some of them
Hi, We are experiencing a sporadic problem with Exchange 2003 in that messages that are sent to multiple recipients not delivered to some of them. We are running Exchange 2003 SP2 on a Windows 2003 SP1 server. Most of the intended recipients receive the full message, but some of them receive a blank message that has the subject line filled in correctly. Does anyone know what may be causing this? -- bb On Wed, 14 Feb 2007 14:10:32 -0800, brad <piraparana@community.nospam> wrote: >Hi, > >We are experiencing a sporadic problem with Exchange 2003 in that messages >t...

Copying portions of data
Is it possible to select a specific area of the worksheet using a find command (the data changes every day) and copy just that portion onto a new worksheet? Thanks Wendy Hi Wendy, If a verbal rule (or rules) can be devised to locate the area, then it is very likely that someone could aaist you with code to automate this. --- Regards, Norman "Wendy Clarkson" <wenan@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:cs835v$6ag$1@hercules.btinternet.com... > Is it possible to select a specific area of the worksheet using a find > command (the data changes every day) and copy ju...

cannot find database

How to make "This workbook contains links to other data sources" appear?
Hello How to make "Microsoft Excel This workbook contains links to other data sources To update all linked information, click Yes. To keep the existing information, click No." pop up or appear on the Task bar after clicking "Open Link" in "Linked Worksheet Object" in a context menu of a linked object in Word 2003 sp2? The window appear only after clicking an Excel button in the Task bar. ...

How do I create a comparison chart from a data list?
I want to create a bar chart. On the left is a list of services. Each bar represents a company. Each company will be shown in the chart to offer services up to a certain point, so the bars will get increasingly longer until you get to the bar for my company which shows the longest bar because it offers the most services. Any idea how to structure my data to get this type of chart? -comic guy I don't know if this will work for you? Just a suggestion +------------------------------------------------------------------- |Filename: Services.zip ...

Trapping a NO FIND after a find

ignoring text data in a cell when summing values in the same cell
I have entered text in cells along with a numerical value as a note pertainig to the values example, "2 - exist". Is there a way to tell Excell to ignore the text data in order to sum the values..do you place the text in brackets or parathesis or something similar? -- FM Much, much easier never to mix text & numbers in the same cell in the 1st place. One avenue here, try use Data>Text to Columns to split the numbers separate from the text, then you can sum (or whatever) the numbers col directly. Or, assuming your data is representative (ie numbers are to the...

Multiple date parameters
I have three queries: MonthlyAll, MonthlyShows, and MonthlySpots. My main form is built off of MonthlyAll. It's main purpose is to provide a list of cities in a single form view, so that I can scroll through the cities and view the corresponding data. The main form contains two subforms: MonthlyShows and MonthlySpots. The subforms are linked to the main form by city and display the respective shows and spots by date. My question seems simple enough: Upon opening the form, I would like to type in a single date range ("Between [] And []"); and view only those shows and ...

How do I find the out of office reply?