finding a cell of a particular color

Hi,

I would like to make a SUMIF on cells formatted is some ways (font,
background color, character color, ...)

So it would only sum the cells that are written in dark blue for example.

I hav searched but didn't find any function to test that, but I know there
should be one because I can make a 'FIND' on those cells.

Of course I'll have to know the color codes or names ..

Thanks for your help,

Xavier

see response in programming

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Xavier" <houppertzx@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I would like to make a SUMIF on cells formatted is some ways (font,
> background color, character color, ...)
>
> So it would only sum the cells that are written in dark blue for example.
>
> I hav searched but didn't find any function to test that, but I know there
> should be one because I can make a 'FIND' on those cells.
>
> Of course I'll have to know the color codes or names ..
>
> Thanks for your help,
>
> Xavier

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)

Find Duplicate names and delate

Finding a Median

Find a Value the first Time It Occurs

vlookup on cell below
Is it possible to do a VLOOKUP but instead of returning the value in row that contains the lookup, it returns the value in the row below? eg a b 1 no x 2 yes y 3 ok z =VLOOKUP("yes",A1:B3,2,FALSE) would return "z" instead of "y". Th only way I can think of is to add a row header at the top and use the MATCH function in column A to find the row position of "yes", then use that in an HLOOKUP in column B. I was hoping there was a simpler way. Not VLOOKUP, but INDEX & MATCH =INDEX(B1:B3,MATCH("yes",A1:A3,0)) -...

Find/Replace in RichEdit 2.0

delete drop-down box in cell
I have a problem removing a drop-down list box in a cell and have trie using clear contents, delete cell, the delete button on the keyboard Can someone please tell me how to remove this box from the cell. Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi might be one created by data / validation ... click on the cell choose data / validation choose Clear All regards JulieD "brain77 >" <<brain77.1apguz@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:brain77.1apguz@excelforum-nospam.com... > I have a problem removing a drop-down list box in a cell and have tr...

VBA to insert .xlborder if cell value not equal to previous cell
I've got a worksheet and I'm wondering whether it is possible to insert a line when a value in Column A, B, C & D does not equal the values in the row above or below it. I've currently got a formula in Column A that reads.... =IF(AND(B3=B2,C3=C2,D3=D2,E3=E2),"","IL") and a conditional format that if the cell value is equal to "IL" then put a border. Wondering if there is a better way to do this via VBA or is that the better way? In your conditional formatting formula, instead of =A1="IL" (which I assume is what you've...

Spot Color Separations
What type of graphic files will work in Publisher 2002 for spot color separations? I've had trouble in the past. I need to be able to print hard copy (laser) for a mom and pop print shop for offset printing. I've had some problems with various files in the past...and a guy is getting a graphic ready for me to use and I want to be sure to tell him what type of file will work and what will not. Thanks. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00C4_01C47909.C62470C0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: qu...

Find (but not find)

Return "cell reference"
Hi. How to do the following: 1) Return the cell reference of the cell eg: Type this formula in cell A1: =return_cell_reference_of_that_cell() {The above is a fictitious formula only} The answer will be A1. Preferably, it is great for me to decide on how the reference is displayed, eg: - absolute (ie $A$1) or - column-absolute (ie $A1) or - row-absolute (ie A$1) - relative (ie A1) 2) Return cell reference(s) of the target eg: Type this formula in cell B1: =return_cell_reference(target_cell) {The above is a fictitious formula only} eg: =return_cell_reference(A3) Answer: A3 =return_cell_refe...

is there a comand to return the mane of a worksheet inside a cell
Trying to find a command that returns a worksheet name inside a cell Hi Fabian Try this, =MID(CELL("filename"),FIND("[",CELL("filename"))+1,FIND("]",CELL("filename"))-FIND("[",CELL("filename"))-1) This one will give you the full path: =CELL("filename") HTH John "Fabian" <Fabian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:140C847D-2C3A-49F6-9C60-9515B426AD5E@microsoft.com... > Trying to find a command that returns a worksheet name inside a cell Hi, =MID(CELL("filename...

Finding an event

Hiding Cells
How do you hide cells without having to hide the entire column or rows? Hi McNiwram! You can hide the contents by formatting the font the same color as the background. You can hide formulas in the formula bar by using: Format > Cells > Protection Place check against "Hidden" OK Note that this doesn't come into effect until the worksheet is protected using the Tools menu. -- -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) available free to good homes. "McNiwram&...

cannot find database

Losing cell borders when I copy and paste
When I copy and paste into a blank cell my borders from the cell dissapear. What am I doing wrong? Are you copying a bordered cell onto an un-bordered cell? Format from source will go with the source. If copying an unbordered cell onto a blank bordered cell, source format will wipe the target cell format. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sat, 19 Apr 2008 15:47:00 -0700, Davo <Davo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When I copy and paste into a blank cell my borders from the cell dissapear. >What am I doing wrong? Try paste special -> Values. -- HTH, Barb Reinhardt &qu...

Can I place visible text in cell that won't print
Is it possible for me to place text in some cells where I can see the text but that will not print when my sheet is printed. I am aware of the comment feature that becomes visible when the mouse hovers over the small red symbol. I would like to be able to see what is in the cell without having to hover the mouse over each cell to see a comment. Is this possible? Thank you for any direction here. Jerry There are a few possible solutions. One is to use the comment as you noted, but you can have them always display even without the mouse hovering over it by using Tools/Options/View and se...

Trapping a NO FIND after a find

ignoring text data in a cell when summing values in the same cell
I have entered text in cells along with a numerical value as a note pertainig to the values example, "2 - exist". Is there a way to tell Excell to ignore the text data in order to sum the values..do you place the text in brackets or parathesis or something similar? -- FM Much, much easier never to mix text & numbers in the same cell in the 1st place. One avenue here, try use Data>Text to Columns to split the numbers separate from the text, then you can sum (or whatever) the numbers col directly. Or, assuming your data is representative (ie numbers are to the...

How do I find the out of office reply?

copy and pasting in 5000 records referencing cells
I have a file that is 5000 records long. example Column A Column B namea nameb namec Transit number associated with (a,b,c) What I want is to have transit number appear in Column a beside each of the individuals. The issue is the transit number is different for all 5000 records some may have 5 per transit number and others just 3 and some have 7 depending on size of the branch. Is there a formula to populate this without copy and pasting in each cell? thanks Yes "Fawn Lagi...