Find value for one cell from 2 different lists.

value for cell L55 when K33 has two options. K33 = Bags or sack and form that
I need to get values from 2 different lists and a 3rd cell L13 has a volume
to start from. I am using L13 as my starting cell. Formula is.
=lookup(L13,A117:A191,H119:H191) for when K33 = sacks.
and if K33 = bags. =lookup(L13,A117:A191,K117:K191).
Regards
Chris

Sorry. How do I get it to work from both lists with one formula.
Thanks
Chris.

"Chris" wrote:

> value for cell L55 when K33 has two options. K33 = Bags or sack and form that
> I need to get values from 2 different lists and a 3rd cell L13 has a volume
> to start from. I am using L13 as my starting cell. Formula is.
> =lookup(L13,A117:A191,H119:H191) for when K33 = sacks.
> and if K33 = bags. =lookup(L13,A117:A191,K117:K191).
> Regards
> Chris
Try
=LOOKUP(L13,A117:A191,IF(K33="sacks",H117:H191,IF(K33="bags",K117:K191)))

--
Jacob

"Chris" wrote:

> Sorry. How do I get it to work from both lists with one formula.
> Thanks
> Chris.
>
> "Chris" wrote:
>
> > value for cell L55 when K33 has two options. K33 = Bags or sack and form that
> > I need to get values from 2 different lists and a 3rd cell L13 has a volume
> > to start from. I am using L13 as my starting cell. Formula is.
> > =lookup(L13,A117:A191,H119:H191) for when K33 = sacks.
> > and if K33 = bags. =lookup(L13,A117:A191,K117:K191).
> > Regards
> > Chris

A code to import other xls data into one xls file
Hi there. Can anyone help me in creating a VB code in excel Module that imports data like file name;direct cost; and year from several xls spreadsheets [reports_1, reports_2, ...] (from different sheets and cells) into one spreadsheet [summary] into the following columns accordingly: (column 1 [file name]: file name; column 2 [direct cost]: dollar amounts, column 3 [year]: year)? i already have the code that pulls file names from the folder directory and pastes the data into column 1 [file name]. may be it will be easier to have the code refer to that column 1. Please note that t...

PLEASE HELP! How to extract information in inbox/sentbox into a text file #2
Can any one tell me how to extract the information of new mails in m inbox/sentbox, including the sender name, message subject and messag time, into a text file ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Find Duplicate names and delate

Finding a Median

Form help #2
We are in the process of creating a computer with a kiosk type software that guests need to sign into. There will be a form that they need to complete. We need to be able to make it so that the guest can search for the name of the person he is visiting and then the form will be emailed to that specific person. Is there a way to make a form that works with our exchange server so it searches for a name and then automatically sets the form to email to him. ...

Find a Value the first Time It Occurs

vlookup on cell below
Is it possible to do a VLOOKUP but instead of returning the value in row that contains the lookup, it returns the value in the row below? eg a b 1 no x 2 yes y 3 ok z =VLOOKUP("yes",A1:B3,2,FALSE) would return "z" instead of "y". Th only way I can think of is to add a row header at the top and use the MATCH function in column A to find the row position of "yes", then use that in an HLOOKUP in column B. I was hoping there was a simpler way. Not VLOOKUP, but INDEX & MATCH =INDEX(B1:B3,MATCH("yes",A1:A3,0)) -...

Availables : More that 3500 Solutions manuals and Test Banks (Part 2)
List of Solutions Manuals _________________________ contact me to : mattosbw1@gmail.com mattosbw1(at)gmail.com NOTE : "THIS SERVICE IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR : CHINA, INDIA, PAKISTAN, IRAQ, IRAN, PHILIPPINES, NORTH KOREA, NEPAL, BANGLADESH, SRI LANKA, MALDIVES & BHUTAN". If your wanted solutions manual is not in this list, also can ask me if is available (They are some only). Then if you need solutions manual only contact me by email. This same "list of titles" of texts with availables solutions manual is for download from...

Find/Replace in RichEdit 2.0

OK, a really tricky one now for Excel gurus!
A perfect response before, this time a little trickier! I have two data sources: Data A) a column of approx. 3000 cells featuring the 'Post Code' only from a database of addresses. Data B) The Australian postcode database as found and downloaded from the below link: http://www1.auspost.com.au/postcodes/index.asp?sub=2 What I want to happen is each postcode from source 'A' to match up with the corresponding post code from source 'B' (this is in column A). Once it matches, the 'Delivery Office' (column E) is to appear in column B of Data Source Sheet A......

Let's pick a replacement for this (Access) newsgroup 2
There were two big threads on the original 6/1/10 post in the General Questions and New User sections. The gist of the original post was: Folks have recommended various sites to replace this (Access) newsgroup for when poor-listener Microsoft drops it. Why don't we pick a replacement to give it the "critical mass" to fully replace this one? If interested, please respond to this with your recommendation. Also, if you feel like it, in case this goes dead, send me an email with your email address at North9000 at gmail dot com and I'll try to collect / send out...

Find (but not find)

is there a comand to return the mane of a worksheet inside a cell
Trying to find a command that returns a worksheet name inside a cell Hi Fabian Try this, =MID(CELL("filename"),FIND("[",CELL("filename"))+1,FIND("]",CELL("filename"))-FIND("[",CELL("filename"))-1) This one will give you the full path: =CELL("filename") HTH John "Fabian" <Fabian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:140C847D-2C3A-49F6-9C60-9515B426AD5E@microsoft.com... > Trying to find a command that returns a worksheet name inside a cell Hi, =MID(CELL("filename...

Finding an event

address books #2
I have been successful in networking 2 "XP professional" computers that are using Office 2000 Premium. I can see my emails on both but can only access the address books on the original one. Can I link the address books from the original computer to the 2nd one like I did the personal folders? Please tell me how but be exact as I am not a techie person but can follow directions. Thanks. ...

exchange 2003 Pop3 access #2
I'm trying to publish smtp and pop3 through isa. neither of the server publishing rules smtp or pop3 work properly. I was able to work around the smtp portion by configuring smtp virtual server on isa then forwarding to the exchange server. so on to pop3 for this scenario: 10.0.0.2 = exchange server ip 10.0.0.1 = isa internal 10.1.0.1 = isa dmz 60.60.60.60 = public ip address of mail server (nat by firewall to dmz interface of isa) I used mail server publishing to publish pop3 from "external" to "10.0.0.2" Following the tuturial on isaserver.org still I am ...

Microsoft Money 2004
I just upgraded from Money 2002 to Money 2004. Can somebody please explain why I just paid AUD$80 for THE SAME SOFTWARE? Very, very disapointed. What information did you rely on to set your value expectation level that M04 was way different, indeed AUD$80 better, than M02? That might help explain it better than we can. "Paul Ward" <pbward@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:04b401c35bb8$b9fea7d0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I just upgraded from Money 2002 to Money 2004. Can > somebody please explain why I just paid AUD$80 for THE > SAME SOFTWARE? > > Very, very disa...

List Validation
I was wondering if there was anyway you can have a drop down list in one workbook that comes from a different workbook. Example: I have a workbook saved with a list of names and I want to have that list of names come up in a form that I have saved in another workbook. http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal05.html note that the other workbook needs to be open -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom Excel 95 - Excel 2007 Northwest Excel Solutions www.nwexcelsolutions.com "It is a good thing to follow the first law of holes; if you are in one stop digging." Lord Healey "Renee" <...

Pivot Chart- 2 unrelated series on 1 chart
I have a set of warranty orders that each have a date when the product was originally shipped and a date when a problem was reported. I am trying to make a pivot chart with months on the x-axis and counts on the y-axis. I want 2 series, one that shows how many orders were shipped in each month and one that shows how many problems were reported each month. I do not want to show the relationship between the report and ship dates, just unique counts of each based on date. Is this possible? Here is an example of what my data looks like, I have about 6,000 entries so there are significa...

Simple division is not returning actual value
Hi, I know I'm making a mistake somewhere, just not sure where. I'm dividing 67/14 and want to get the result as 4.78 -- I'd be OK with 4.79 which is the result I'd get if the last digit was rounded up. When I do SELECT CAST((67/14) AS DECIMAL(3,2)) I'm getting 4.00. What am I doing wrong? -- Thanks, Sam This is because of integer division. Try this: SELECT 67/CAST(14 AS DECIMAL(5,2)) AS a, 67/14.0 AS b, 1.0 * 67/14 AS c, CAST(1.0 * 67/14 AS DECIMAL(3, 2)) AS d, ROUND(1.0 * 67/14, 2, 1) AS e; /* a b...

How do I print 4 different postcards on one sheet in Publisher
Our company sends postcards to customers everytime their properties are advertised in the newspaper. There is usually 8 different properties advertised a day. The templet is the same everytime as far as the design of the card. What is different is the description on each and the picture. Currently we are having to print 4 of each card, each day. This works fine as long as there is not a change in the wording of the ad the next time it is ran or a price change. This is getting to be confusing, wasteful and causing mistakes. I have tried to read about mail merge but this doesn't...

Limits in 'All Address Lists'?
Hi all! I try to rebuild a large number (~2000) of Ex5.5 recipient-containers in the E2k3 'all address lists' container. The LDAP filter for each address list is set on to the EX5.5 attribute 'obj-view-containers' (transferred to 'extension-Attribute-14' by ADC). I recognized that the AD-user attribute 'ShowInAddressBook' is a multi-valued field, with a limitation of around 800 entries (RUS won't work with more entries). This doesn't matter, because a recipient belongs only to 1 address list in most cases. Meanwhile I created about 1200 address lists...