find to select cells filled in RED

Can anyone help me how to find and select cells that are filled in RED
so that I can blank the red color off all at the same time ?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
many thanks !

Hi William,

Try something like this.

Sub RedBeGone()
Dim Cell As Range
For Each Cell In Range("Data")
    If Cell.Interior.ColorIndex = 3 Then
        Cell.Interior.ColorIndex = xlNone
    End If
Next
End Sub

Where the range Data is a named range in your sheet which covers all the
cells that will be red.

HTH
Regards,
Howard

"William Poh Ben" <William.Poh.Ben.ublsa@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in
message news:William.Poh.Ben.ublsa@excelforum-nospam.com...
> Can anyone help me how to find and select cells that are filled in RED
> so that I can blank the red color off all at the same time ?
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated.
> many thanks !

lhkittle1 (70)
9/25/2003 5:48:05 PM
Howard,
This will also help me - thanks!

How do I find the list of the ColorIndex?

I'm looking or yello and want to change it to grey.

Thanks again,
Dave

http://www.ExcelForum.com/

>.

0
dave8321 (5)
9/25/2003 6:24:16 PM
You may want to read some notes by David McRitchie:
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/colors.htm

But I usually record a macro when I change a couple of cells and see what gets
returned.

or you could run a macro that does something like:

	msgbox activecell.interior.colorindex

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

Report not applying selected parameter
I have created an rdl file in vs2005 that has a string parameter that is pulling from a dataset. when I preview the report I select the parameter from the dropdown list and click View Report yet the report does not filter based on the selected parameter. What am I missing? Can you post your query? -- Bruce Loehle-Conger MVP SQL Server Reporting Services "ahmed" <ahmed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C16D6269-7E84-4AD0-9D76-8C2EDEDFDD26@microsoft.com... > I have created an rdl file in vs2005 that has a string parameter that is > pu...

Find Duplicate names and delate

Finding a Median

Find a Value the first Time It Occurs

Find/Replace in RichEdit 2.0

vlookup on cell below
Is it possible to do a VLOOKUP but instead of returning the value in row that contains the lookup, it returns the value in the row below? eg a b 1 no x 2 yes y 3 ok z =VLOOKUP("yes",A1:B3,2,FALSE) would return "z" instead of "y". Th only way I can think of is to add a row header at the top and use the MATCH function in column A to find the row position of "yes", then use that in an HLOOKUP in column B. I was hoping there was a simpler way. Not VLOOKUP, but INDEX & MATCH =INDEX(B1:B3,MATCH("yes",A1:A3,0)) -...

Find (but not find)

is there a comand to return the mane of a worksheet inside a cell
Trying to find a command that returns a worksheet name inside a cell Hi Fabian Try this, =MID(CELL("filename"),FIND("[",CELL("filename"))+1,FIND("]",CELL("filename"))-FIND("[",CELL("filename"))-1) This one will give you the full path: =CELL("filename") HTH John "Fabian" <Fabian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:140C847D-2C3A-49F6-9C60-9515B426AD5E@microsoft.com... > Trying to find a command that returns a worksheet name inside a cell Hi, =MID(CELL("filename...

Finding an event

How do I load Outlook if I didn't select it when I loaded Outlook
I put office on my laptop but (among other programs like Power Point) I didn't select it when I was loading it up (didnt think I would ever use it).... well.... now I have a Blackberry and need Outlook so I can sync it.... help? Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs | Microsoft Office | Add or Remove Features.... -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/onenotefaq.htm **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies h...

Return "cell reference"
Hi. How to do the following: 1) Return the cell reference of the cell eg: Type this formula in cell A1: =return_cell_reference_of_that_cell() {The above is a fictitious formula only} The answer will be A1. Preferably, it is great for me to decide on how the reference is displayed, eg: - absolute (ie $A$1) or - column-absolute (ie $A1) or - row-absolute (ie A$1) - relative (ie A1) 2) Return cell reference(s) of the target eg: Type this formula in cell B1: =return_cell_reference(target_cell) {The above is a fictitious formula only} eg: =return_cell_reference(A3) Answer: A3 =return_cell_refe...

Selecting and applying the correct forumla
Hi How do I get Excel to apply a certain formula (held in a central table) based on particular values in the same row? I don't want the actual result of the formula whilst it's in the central table, as this will be different when pasted into each row. Example, (where Col D is the place I want the formula from the central table to be applied to): Central table: [Row 1] = A1+B1 (Apply this if column C equals the word "Rule 1") [Row 2] = A1-B1 (Apply this if column C equals the word "Rule 2") Spreadsheet: Col A Col B Col C Col D 1 1 Rule 1 2...

Outlook 2003 HTML Reply Selection Spell Check Bug
I received an email in Outlook. The email was in HTML format. I started a reply to the message. I then selected only part of the reply text and hit F7 to check the spelling of the selection (selected text only). A message box pops up stating "Finished checking the selection. Do you want to check the rest of the item?" There were obvious misspelled words that simply were not checked. If I say Yes to "check the rest of the item" the misspelled words are found as would be expected. If the reply is only one word (not likely normally) and you select it and check spelling...

Where is the graphics selection pointer in excel 2007?
I used to be able to click on the graphics selection tool in office 97 on the left end of the drawing toolbar then click and drag over multiple graphics to select them all. Then I could group them etc. What do i do now? It's to be found in - Insert tab - Illustrations - Shapes - select a shape and insert into w/s and immediately the new drawing tools format tab opens up -- Russell Dawson Excel Student Please hit "Yes" if this post was helpful. "Bruce" wrote: > I used to be able to click on the graphics selection tool in office 97 on the ...

cannot find database

Can I place visible text in cell that won't print
Is it possible for me to place text in some cells where I can see the text but that will not print when my sheet is printed. I am aware of the comment feature that becomes visible when the mouse hovers over the small red symbol. I would like to be able to see what is in the cell without having to hover the mouse over each cell to see a comment. Is this possible? Thank you for any direction here. Jerry There are a few possible solutions. One is to use the comment as you noted, but you can have them always display even without the mouse hovering over it by using Tools/Options/View and se...

Trapping a NO FIND after a find

How do I find the out of office reply?

ignoring text data in a cell when summing values in the same cell
I have entered text in cells along with a numerical value as a note pertainig to the values example, "2 - exist". Is there a way to tell Excell to ignore the text data in order to sum the values..do you place the text in brackets or parathesis or something similar? -- FM Much, much easier never to mix text & numbers in the same cell in the 1st place. One avenue here, try use Data>Text to Columns to split the numbers separate from the text, then you can sum (or whatever) the numbers col directly. Or, assuming your data is representative (ie numbers are to the...

Conditional Number Formatting & Selective Summing
Attached is the workbook I need help with. From what I have bee discovering from the Excel Macro-VBA Editor-Help screens, what I wan to do should require fairly simple VBA code. However, I have no VB coding experience or skills (the VBA code in Module 3 was gleaned fro the Excel Tips Forum. Thank you Harlan Grove) Sheets �Run� through �Run (30)� are identical, except that the cel formulas on sheets 2-30 are only active if the active sheet i �Enabled� by the user and will only populate with pulled data if al preceding sheets are �Enabled�. The nature of the workbook is such tha a user will alw...