Find & Replace #4

Is it possible to run the find and replace option against multiple criteria?
If you can, could someone please list the steps. Thank you.

Hi Orville,
Can you be more specific as to what you want.
I think you will need to use a programming solution
to check each cell in a selection.
---
HTH,

"Orville" <orville_schlup@nrl.com> wrote in message news:TXRbc.139167$Wa.7096@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
> Is it possible to run the find and replace option against multiple criteria?
> If you can, could someone please list the steps. Thank you.

0
dmcritchie (2586)

Find Duplicate names and delate

Find a Value the first Time It Occurs

Finding a Median

Find/Replace in RichEdit 2.0

Find (but not find)

Replacing data in Pivot Table causes Field name change
Good morning, I have a pivot table report that uses about 1200 rows of data on a neighboring page. Today I produced new monthly data and pasted it on top of the old data. When I do this the report's left most column field names all change from FieldName to FieldName2. When I look in the drop down box for that field it seems to have duplicated the fields when I pasted the new data. I'm able to work around it by changing the displayed lables from FieldName2 to FieldName"space""space". I can't change to just FieldName because that is already in use. M...

Let's pick a replacement for this (Access) newsgroup 2
There were two big threads on the original 6/1/10 post in the General Questions and New User sections. The gist of the original post was: Folks have recommended various sites to replace this (Access) newsgroup for when poor-listener Microsoft drops it. Why don't we pick a replacement to give it the "critical mass" to fully replace this one? If interested, please respond to this with your recommendation. Also, if you feel like it, in case this goes dead, send me an email with your email address at North9000 at gmail dot com and I'll try to collect / send out...

Finding an event

Upgrading reports from CRM 3.0 to 4.0
Having spent around 10 hours trying to upgrade a custom report from CRM 3.0 to CRM 4.0, I thought I’d post a message to share my pain and the solution! It appears that in CRM 4.0 Microsoft have made a change to the way in which the standard reports retrieve the name of the user running the report. I have been unable to find any documentation about this. If you have a custom report that is based on a standard CRM 3.0 report (i.e. it has the CRM_FullName parameter & UserInfo dataset) and upload it into CRM 4.0 then try to run it, you may get either of the following behaviours • Th...

How do I print 4 different postcards on one sheet in Publisher
Our company sends postcards to customers everytime their properties are advertised in the newspaper. There is usually 8 different properties advertised a day. The templet is the same everytime as far as the design of the card. What is different is the description on each and the picture. Currently we are having to print 4 of each card, each day. This works fine as long as there is not a change in the wording of the ad the next time it is ran or a price change. This is getting to be confusing, wasteful and causing mistakes. I have tried to read about mail merge but this doesn't...

cannot find database

WinFax replacement
I wrote an Access app years ago for a client and it uses WinFax pro to send out invoices. They need to upgrade but WinFax is gone thanks to the wisdom (LOL) of Symantec. Does anyone know of a good replacement that can be referenced from vba and will allow us to send out Access reports? Thanks, Keith I'm moving this to the microsoft.public.access newsgroup. There's not enough activity here for this to get any attention. If you see this here and have an answer, please answer it there. Thanks. "Keith G Hicks" <krh@comcast.net> wrote in messag...

Trapping a NO FIND after a find

How do I find the out of office reply?

undeliverable mail #4
I am having undeliverable emails. I know these accounts are good, so why are they coming back to me? Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: TEST Sent: 9/25/2004 9:18 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: '3SA@INAME.COM' on 9/25/2004 9:18 PM 473 name@xxxx.com relaying prohibited. You should authenticate first Set your outgoing server to authenticate using the incoming server credentials. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (i...

Investment Accounts #4
I cannot figure out how the cash register is supposed to work in an investment account. In quicken, I was able to transfer money directly from my checking account to the appropriate investment account. In Money, in order to transfer funds from my checking account to an investment, it has to go into the "cash" register of the investment account. But, I cannot figure out how to get it from the "cash" account into the register itself. In microsoft.public.money, Tom wrote: >I cannot figure out how the cash register is supposed to >work in an investment accoun...

Advanced Find not finding all
"Advanced Find" in Outlook 2007 is not finding all email messages which match the criteria. It finds between 30 and 200 and then stops. I then have to work with those (e.g., delete them) and then click "Find Now" again to find another batch, dozens of times! What is wrong? How do I fix this and find all messages that match the criteria? My typical application is to split the entire contents of my .pst files by date. Do do this I make a copy of the file. In one I delete all messages older than the cutoff date (e.g., 1/1/2007), and in the other I delete all messages yo...

How to: find reason for rejected messages?
I'm trying to find the reason, why certain messages get rejected by our exchange 2000 server. Is there a way to find out? Scenario: pullmail gets mails from pop3 mailboxes from, let's say "internetmailserver.com" and puts it in our exchange server "intranet.com". For most mails it works marvellous but for some mails it just fails and I can only see (output of pullmail command): .... 1 messages waiting << +OK 8488322 octets Message from: some.user@validdomain.com to: user@intranet.com SMTP message rejected, reply OK Unexpected response rsion:...

finding latest hotfix
how do I find latest hotfix for Project Server 2007, Sharepoint server 2007 and SQL serve 2005? For Service Pack we can search using bing or google and find. But not for hotfix. How do I find? Thank you Hello all the latest updates are documented here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/office/ee748587.aspx -- Christophe Fiessinger Microsoft http://blogs.msdn.com/chrisfie "sgOrchid" <sgOrchid@@newsgroup.nospam.com> wrote in message news:3B51FE4E-ADD6-415D-9771-CCD32A65DF11@microsoft.com... > how do I find latest hotfix for Project Server 200...

Can "Totals" be displayed in Advance Find results?
This seems like a question that would've been asked many times before, but I can't find any reference to is here. Can total search results be displayed in the search results pane? The only reference to a solution for this is by a company in Romania called Creative Software Solution. They have a screen grab at http://www.creativesolutions.ro/img/Customizations-GridCount.jpg. Anyone know how I can make the customization myself? Thanks! Andy. Dear Andy, There are few options. 1. Writing Reports and show total 2. Add Total as custom value and use javascript to add that va...