find last row with data

I have an excel file that is looking at another file to get an array o
info.Currently it is going to the first blank row then looking up on
row and retrieving that info.I have pasted below the function as it i
currently written .Can someone show me an editing of this that wil
tell it to simply read the bottom row with data. Thankss-Greg

Function FindBlankRow()
x = 2
Do While ActiveSheet.Cells(x, 1) <> ""
x = x + 1
Loop
FindBlankRow = x -

--
singlgl
singlgl1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2638

dim LastCell as range
with workbooks("someworkbook").worksheets("Someworksheet")
  set lastcell = .cells(.rows.count,"A").end(xlup)
end with

msgbox lastcell.value & "--" & lastcell.address(0,0) & "--" & lastcell.row

I got the lastcell from column A.

--

Dave Peterson
0

--
singlgl1
singlgl1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26389
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=488238

A code to import other xls data into one xls file
Hi there. Can anyone help me in creating a VB code in excel Module that imports data like file name;direct cost; and year from several xls spreadsheets [reports_1, reports_2, ...] (from different sheets and cells) into one spreadsheet [summary] into the following columns accordingly: (column 1 [file name]: file name; column 2 [direct cost]: dollar amounts, column 3 [year]: year)? i already have the code that pulls file names from the folder directory and pastes the data into column 1 [file name]. may be it will be easier to have the code refer to that column 1. Please note that t...

Find Duplicate names and delate

Issue retriving data from mssql 2005
Different queries accessing a storedprocedure sometimes hang until they are timedout. Calling the stored procedure mannually (Management Studio)(from the client computer that also executes the program) returns 1090 rows in one sec. EXEC spa08v1GetTransactions NULL ,'20091006','20091006' Executing the stored procedure from a simple app, just counting the rows gives me a timeout at 956 rows. This runs nicely against my test enviroment. SqlCommand cmd = new SqlCommand(); cmd.Connection = new SqlConnection("Server=MyServer;Database=MyDatabase...

Finding a Median

Find a Value the first Time It Occurs

Find/Replace in RichEdit 2.0

Check if a row is empty
I have a table that can contain emtpy rows. Row is considered empty when all the columns (except the primary) are NULLs. Is there a function in Sql Server to test if a row is empty? On Jun 17, 2:42=A0pm, sChapman <sumant...@googlemail.com> wrote: > I have a table that can contain emtpy rows. Row is considered empty > when all the columns (except the primary) are NULLs. Is there a > function in Sql Server to test if a row is empty? select * from tables where col1 is null and col2 is null and col3 is null..... so on Amish Shah http://shahamishm.blogspot.com Pe...

Fix the order of the last name and first name
How do I fix the order of the names, when the last name is first and the first name is second, separated by a comma. Hi! What order do you want them in? Biff >-----Original Message----- >How do I fix the order of the names, when the last name is first and the >first name is second, separated by a comma. >. > Hi try =TRIM(MID(A1,FIND(",",A1)+1,255)) & " " & TRIM(LEFT(A1,FIND(",",A1)-1)) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Zami wrote: > How do I fix the order of the names, when the last name is first and > the first na...

Find (but not find)

Finding an event

Table Row Height and Column Width
Is there a way to exactly set the row height and column width in Publisher 2003? For instance, I want all the rows to be .25 inches high or 16 points high -- can I set this? No... You could create ruler guides. Right-click a ruler guide, click format ruler guides. You then can adjust your table rows by snapping to the guides. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Lori T" <Lori T@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2631297F-839A-4699-B4F6-45601B771E1A@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to exactly set the row height and column width in Publisher > 2003...

cannot find database

How to make "This workbook contains links to other data sources" appear?
Hello How to make "Microsoft Excel This workbook contains links to other data sources To update all linked information, click Yes. To keep the existing information, click No." pop up or appear on the Task bar after clicking "Open Link" in "Linked Worksheet Object" in a context menu of a linked object in Word 2003 sp2? The window appear only after clicking an Excel button in the Task bar. ...

looping through columns and rows
Hello, Can someone show me the code which would allow me to search through a number of rows and columns, to identify a criteria. Each time the criteria is found, 1 is added to a variable. When the variable reaches a set number, the search moves to a different column. This would allow me to allocate people to jobs according to their first, second, third choice etc, without resourcing too many people to a job. can you help? I have very little experience, but am usually able to see what is happening in the code and expend on it to take care of more elements. kind regards, Matt Check one...

Copying Formulas to rows
Hi All, I have created a book which has various formulas accross a row which are all worked out from figures in that row. But I cant figure how to make the whole sheet use these forumlas, i.e. when i start typing info on row 2 it uses the same formulas as on row 1. The only way I have worked out so far to do this is to copy and paste each row, but this is time consuming and im sure there must be a quicker way? Thanks in advance for your help. -- mdj101 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mdj101's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?a...

How do I create a comparison chart from a data list?
I want to create a bar chart. On the left is a list of services. Each bar represents a company. Each company will be shown in the chart to offer services up to a certain point, so the bars will get increasingly longer until you get to the bar for my company which shows the longest bar because it offers the most services. Any idea how to structure my data to get this type of chart? -comic guy I don't know if this will work for you? Just a suggestion +------------------------------------------------------------------- |Filename: Services.zip ...

option to insert column and row breaks
There should have an option to insert column breaks for printing. For example, when printing a sheet with only one column, but with 200 rows, it could be automatically broken into 4 columns of 50 rows, all fitting in just one page, instead of 4. This would save paper and allow easy reading of this kind of sheets. The same logic could be applied to rows... Thanks. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see ...

Trapping a NO FIND after a find

ignoring text data in a cell when summing values in the same cell
I have entered text in cells along with a numerical value as a note pertainig to the values example, "2 - exist". Is there a way to tell Excell to ignore the text data in order to sum the values..do you place the text in brackets or parathesis or something similar? -- FM Much, much easier never to mix text & numbers in the same cell in the 1st place. One avenue here, try use Data>Text to Columns to split the numbers separate from the text, then you can sum (or whatever) the numbers col directly. Or, assuming your data is representative (ie numbers are to the...

How do I find the out of office reply?

Updating the row source of a combo
Hello, I have a form which contains a comboBox representative of one of my fields. The options available in this comboBox are dependant on the other feilds for the current row. Therefore I use Form_Current to update the row source for the combo. The problem is that this update seems to happen too late. As a result, I sometimes have nothing in my comboBox's text box, even when I know a value should exist there. If I click in the combo's text box the correct value will then appear. How might I solve this problem. Thanks, Aine. On 28 May 2007 07:00:45 -0700, aine_canby@yahoo.com wrote...