Find Email Address in a text file

Hello,

I am having a small issue.  I received a text file from a co-worker
over seas that contains all his outlook contact information.  I have
opened it in excel using CSV.  There are thousands of rows and anout
100 columns, problem is that the email address do not all fall in the
same column or row.  I need to be able to locate each email address and
copy just the domain (@yahoo.com for example) into a single
column.....does anyone have any suggestions??

Thanks,
Matt

---

I posted a solution for extracting 1 or 2 e-mail addresses
from a string. Check out:

http://tinyurl.com/2x6qh

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

0
jason.morin (561)
6/2/2004 5:34:49 PM
Hi Jason,

Thanks for the reply...still have a question about your solution.

How does this solution work?  How does it encompase the whole sheet?
Or maybe I just don't understand how to use it.  Do I put it into
cell, or do I put it into a macro, if so what should the rest of th
macro look like??

Thanks,
Mat

Installation files
I bought Money 2006 Deluxe earlier this year after downloading the trial version online. Yesterday my computer crashed and I had to reinstall Windows. Is there any way I can get the files necessary to reinstall Money? Thanks. In microsoft.public.money, Kirill wrote: >I bought Money 2006 Deluxe earlier this year after downloading the trial >version online. Yesterday my computer crashed and I had to reinstall Windows. >Is there any way I can get the files necessary to reinstall Money? Thanks. You can download and install the Money 2006 trial version. When Money uses a file with ...

PLEASE HELP! How to extract information in inbox/sentbox into a text file #2
Can any one tell me how to extract the information of new mails in m inbox/sentbox, including the sender name, message subject and messag time, into a text file ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

A code to import other xls data into one xls file
Hi there. Can anyone help me in creating a VB code in excel Module that imports data like file name;direct cost; and year from several xls spreadsheets [reports_1, reports_2, ...] (from different sheets and cells) into one spreadsheet [summary] into the following columns accordingly: (column 1 [file name]: file name; column 2 [direct cost]: dollar amounts, column 3 [year]: year)? i already have the code that pulls file names from the folder directory and pastes the data into column 1 [file name]. may be it will be easier to have the code refer to that column 1. Please note that t...

Find Duplicate names and delate

Find a Value the first Time It Occurs

Finding a Median

need help with HTML EMAIL
Ok I have microsoft outlook 2000 SR, I would like to create a e-mail containing HTML code. I don't know where to start.... Please help me the probleme is my microsoft outlook is in french so that does'nt help also. Really I just need a way to put my HTML code in the e-mail could you help me ... Thanks in advance ! ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ ...

Email addresses not showing up correctly.
I have a client running Windows Small Business Server 2003. We just started noticing some wierd actions when users are recieving emails. When some users recieve emails their email address shows up like the following. cc: MS Outlook::/O=Domain/OU=FIRST ADMINISTRATIVE GROUP/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN=FKING It Doesnt appear to be happening all the time just with a few users. And it doesnt appear to be causing any issues but any assistance with this would be great. -- Thank you, ...

Node.text
Hi Making the switch to .net from VB6, and I noticed that the XMLNode object does not expose a text property. How do I write the text value of an element(vb6 - nod.Text = ....)? BTW I have googled may different combinations, and finding an answer to this is harder than it looks. I promise I am not being lazy Thanks Have you tried the InnerText property? -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Newbie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8EA21AC9-EE85-4C45-9D3F-C1BD4975D36D@microsoft.com... > Hi, &g...

Find/Replace in RichEdit 2.0

OE&AOL:can't see body of email
Using XP, with AOL 9.0 and can read emails from everyone except those who send via Outlook Express. I can "see" that there is email from them, but when I opent the email in AOL, it just is a blank page. Any help? ...

Two Accounts
Hi Have setup two accounts, and they show up as expected. However get this messsage when trying to send account B. Account A works just fine. Have an email in B which stays in outbox and B will not receive either.Each account is a different ISP but that should not make any difference. All the settings are the same for each account. **** host smtp server could not be found Windows live mail error ID: 0x800CCC0D .....Socket error 11003 **** There must be a setting that requires changing. Any ideas ? Thanks Charlie Harris "sswcharlie" wrote in messa...

Problem in installing file system driver
Hi, I am not able to install my .sys file filter driver.I have written .inf file and while installing this inf file its not giving any error also.Plz help me in solving this. my file filter driver file name is : *****************Here is My .inf file ******************************* [Version] Signature="$Chicago$" Class=MyDriver ClassGuid={286E934F-962E-4e1c-9729-1F65205A094F} Provider=%ADITI% DriverVer=01/22/2004,1.11.1111 [ClassInstall32] Addreg=MyDriverReg [MyDriverReg] HKR,,,,%DisplayClassName% HKR,,Icon,,"-5" [Manufacturer] %ADITI%="Aditi" [SourceDisk...

Find (but not find)

Program trying to access e-mail addresses
Everytime I open up my email fresh (for the first time), I get a warning that "A program is trying to access e- mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this?" I select no numerous times (the message keeps popping up) and then Outlook locks up. I can then "End Task" Outlook, restart it and use it, however it then is unstable and I have trouble shutting down my computer. I have been unable to track down what program or service is trying to access my e-mail addresses. I have Norton Antivirus/Internet Security 2004. It is updated and unabl...

address books #2
I have been successful in networking 2 "XP professional" computers that are using Office 2000 Premium. I can see my emails on both but can only access the address books on the original one. Can I link the address books from the original computer to the 2nd one like I did the personal folders? Please tell me how but be exact as I am not a techie person but can follow directions. Thanks. ...

Email in Outbox has Sent = NONE, No dates assigned, email not getting sent!!
Hi, I have a really wierd problem in that every email I try to send gets sent to the Outbox which is fine but it NEVER gets a Date assigned to it under the SENT column. It just says NONE?? With no date being assigned to it the emails never get sent out!! I have tried uninstalling and re- installing Outlook and it did not fix it. Thanks, Frank Outlook version? Do you have any addins installed? Open one of the messages, go to the Options dialog and make sure that the folder where the message will be saved after being sent is a valid folder. Then switch from the Outlbox to any othe...

cannot send or receive email #2
I get a "0x800ccc7D" error message and cannot send or receive email. Seems to be related to SSL conditioning? SBC says all my address information is correct and referred me to MSFT tech support. ...

Convert from network name to ip address
I have a function that reads a file but fails if I pass it a network device name instead of an ip address eg:- ReadFunction("\\NAS\Myfolder\Myfile.txt") <--- Fails ReadFunction("\\192.168.2.2\Myfolder\Myfile.txt") <--- Works So how do I convert a network devices name to it's ip address? ie. Convert \\NAS\ to \\192.168.2.2\ Thanks Robert Am 31.05.2010 14:56, schrieb Roidy: > I have a function that reads a file but fails if I pass it a network device > name instead of an ip address eg:- > > ReadFunction("\\NAS\Myfold...

Finding an event

Export DL members with SMTP addresses?
Hi, I am looking for way to extract a list of all of the members of an Exchange Server distribution list that includes their SMTP addresses? Thanks, Igor Ping me offline as I've got a script to do this. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP http://www.msexchange.org/Neil_Hobson/ http://www.msexchangeblog.com "Igor Karasik" <nobody@nobody.com> wrote in message news:e9qXq2a0GHA.4956@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hi, > I am looking for way to extract a list of all of the members of an > Exchange Server distribution list that > includes their SMTP addresses? > > ...

Change Text color using CListCtrl
Hello, Does anyone know how to change the color of text for a single row only in the mult-column ist box using CListCtrl. Thank You "Ririko Horvath" wrote: > Hello, > > Does anyone know how to change the color of text for a single row only > in the mult-column ist box using CListCtrl. > > Thank You > > > Hi, http://www.codeproject.com/listctrl/ReportControl.asp Regards, Selvam ...

Multiple Email
How do you manage multiple email accounts using Outlook? which Outlook version are you using? "Sister" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:051001c3b46c$877957d0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > How do you manage multiple email accounts using Outlook? ...