Find Duplicate names and delate

Dear experts,
I have a small doubt could you clarify that???
That is I find duplicate name but I want to delete one name only, if I
filter DUPLICATE….. both names are showing…

1. Select the range of data including the header. You need to have headers
for these columns
2. From menu Data>Filter>Advanced Filter>Copy to another location
3. In 'copy to' specify the target cell and check 'Unique records only'
4. Click OK will give you the unique list

--
Jacob

"Find Duplicate names and delate" wrote:

> Dear experts,
> I have a small doubt could you clarify that???
> That is I find duplicate name but I want to delete one name only, if I
> filter DUPLICATE….. both names are showing…

hi i did as you said but it shows like thi  "You can only copy filtered data
to the active sheet"

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

> 1. Select the range of data including the header. You need to have headers
> for these columns
> 2. From menu Data>Filter>Advanced Filter>Copy to another location
> 3. In 'copy to' specify the target cell and check 'Unique records only'
> 4. Click OK will give you the unique list
>
> --
> Jacob
>

> "Find Duplicate names and delate" wrote:
>
> > Dear experts,
> > I have a small doubt could you clarify that???
> > That is I find duplicate name but I want to delete one name only, if I
> > filter DUPLICATE….. both names are showing…

Assume that data is present a column, then type in b column countif(A:A,A:A).
there will be two type value  respective column 1 & Greater no than 1. use to
filter the value greater than 1. these are duplicate values.

"Find Duplicate names and delate" wrote:

> Dear experts,
> I have a small doubt could you clarify that???
> That is I find duplicate name but I want tio delete one name only, if I
> filter DUPLICATE….. both names are showing…

Try a pivot. Fast n easy. In Layout, drag n drop the "name" col header into
both ROW & DATA areas. Finish up the wizard. The pivot sheet will return both
the list of unique names and the counts next to it. The list of uniques is
what you want. voila? wave it, hit YES below
--
Max
Singapore
"Find Duplicate names and delate" wrote:
> Dear experts,
> I have a small doubt could you clarify that???
> That is I find duplicate name but I want to delete one name only, if I
> filter DUPLICATE….. both names are showing…

Can't See External To: Names
Exchange 2003 SP1 Enterprise, Outlook Web Access 2003 From time to time a user of mine sends emails to external users plus himself. The problem is only his name shows in the TO: list. The external user names do not display. In the latest case, he was replying to an email received from an external sender. Everything looks fine in the tracking log for his sent email, all recipient names are listed. Needless to say he is not happy with this situation. Has anyone had this problem who can help me understand what's going on? Why are the external addresses unavailable for display?...

Name Box Information
Is it possible for me to input the worksheet names that I have into the Name Box next to the formula bar, such that it creats a pull down menu that will allow me to move between the worksheets instead of scrolling around the bottom? There is already a menu. If you right-click on the arrows to the left of the sheet tabs, you will see the menu of sheet names. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "ohpspe" <brenthecker@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:52249BAB-B609-4BDB-9DCE-25E690BF12D8@microsoft.com... > Is it possible for me to inp...

Find a Value the first Time It Occurs

Finding a Median

Duplicates
I have a list of names and I would like to check whether I have any d-plicates in a column rather than checking by eye. If anyone knows how to do this please - then I would be very grateful if someone post a solution. Kind regards Try Chip Pearson's web site: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/topic.htm Scroll down to the D's, and check out the pages on Duplicates. -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== <nospam_musrol@btinternet.com> wrote in ...

Renaming Exchange 2003 Server computer name
Is there a way to rename an Exchange 2003 server computer name without having to reinstall? Thanks for your help jericom@gmail.com (Jerico Max) wrote in news:bdd87ac0.0409221151.125dfb99 @posting.google.com: > Is there a way to rename an Exchange 2003 server computer name without > having to reinstall? This can get ugly. Proceed with caution. I'd recommend building a new server and moving mailboxes to it. You could use temporary hardware and rebuild your current server with your required name. Regards, -- Arlo Clizer Exchange MVP FAQ: http://www.exchangefaq.org Archives: htt...

Find Duplicate names and delate

Find/Replace in RichEdit 2.0

Replacing data in Pivot Table causes Field name change
Good morning, I have a pivot table report that uses about 1200 rows of data on a neighboring page. Today I produced new monthly data and pasted it on top of the old data. When I do this the report's left most column field names all change from FieldName to FieldName2. When I look in the drop down box for that field it seems to have duplicated the fields when I pasted the new data. I'm able to work around it by changing the displayed lables from FieldName2 to FieldName"space""space". I can't change to just FieldName because that is already in use. M...

Find (but not find)

Convert from network name to ip address
I have a function that reads a file but fails if I pass it a network device name instead of an ip address eg:- ReadFunction("\\NAS\Myfolder\Myfile.txt") <--- Fails ReadFunction("\\192.168.2.2\Myfolder\Myfile.txt") <--- Works So how do I convert a network devices name to it's ip address? ie. Convert \\NAS\ to \\192.168.2.2\ Thanks Robert Am 31.05.2010 14:56, schrieb Roidy: > I have a function that reads a file but fails if I pass it a network device > name instead of an ip address eg:- > > ReadFunction("\\NAS\Myfold...

Looking for a basic "duplicate file name finder" app.
Does anyone use a free duplicate file finder that they like? I know there are lots out there but when I went to download.com and searched, I got 800 hits. When I tried the "most popular" according to it's ratings, they turned out to be trial-ware. The most popular tool seems to do everything *but* find duplicate filenames. It wanted to "clean up my system". Thanks. -- Al Dykes News is something someone wants to suppress, everything else is advertising. - Lord Northcliffe, publisher of the Daily Mail http://www.softpedia.com/get/S...

Finding an event

cannot find database

Trapping a NO FIND after a find

How do I find the out of office reply?

Need Formula to detect duplicate invoices
I need a help with formula to detect duplicate invoices (payments) listed in my column I2 through I8317. In a separate column (next to it) I want the computer to return information either by indicating "duplicate" or giving me number of counts for particular invoice. The formula I tried was: =COUNTIF(Invoice Number!$I$2:$I$8317,)I2 but it doesn't work and shows value error. Tx. Take a look here: http://cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm In article <55b20bbda952a@uwe>, "XYZ via OfficeKB.com" <u14790@uwe> wrote: > I need a help with formula to det...

Advanced Find not finding all
"Advanced Find" in Outlook 2007 is not finding all email messages which match the criteria. It finds between 30 and 200 and then stops. I then have to work with those (e.g., delete them) and then click "Find Now" again to find another batch, dozens of times! What is wrong? How do I fix this and find all messages that match the criteria? My typical application is to split the entire contents of my .pst files by date. Do do this I make a copy of the file. In one I delete all messages older than the cutoff date (e.g., 1/1/2007), and in the other I delete all messages yo...

How to: find reason for rejected messages?
I'm trying to find the reason, why certain messages get rejected by our exchange 2000 server. Is there a way to find out? Scenario: pullmail gets mails from pop3 mailboxes from, let's say "internetmailserver.com" and puts it in our exchange server "intranet.com". For most mails it works marvellous but for some mails it just fails and I can only see (output of pullmail command): .... 1 messages waiting << +OK 8488322 octets Message from: some.user@validdomain.com to: user@intranet.com SMTP message rejected, reply OK Unexpected response rsion:...

"You cannot open two documents with the same name" problem and how to trap the error in VBA.
Hi All, I am wondering if anyone has a solution on this. There is a Word 2007 file (docx) that has links to an Excel file. They are both resided in the same folder. When the files are moved to another folder, the link path does not get updated =96 which I understand. But when the Word file is first opened, the following message came up: A document with the name "xxx.xlsm" is already open. You cannot open two documents with the same name, even if the documents are in different folders. To open the second documents, either close the document that's currently ope...