Find Duplicate names and delate

Dear experts,
I have a small doubt could you clarify that???
That is I find duplicate name but I want to delete one name only, if I
filter DUPLICATE….. both names are showing…

1. Select the range of data including the header. You need to have headers
for these columns
2. From menu Data>Filter>Advanced Filter>Copy to another location
3. In 'copy to' specify the target cell and check 'Unique records only'
4. Click OK will give you the unique list

--
Jacob

"Find Duplicate names and delate" wrote:

> Dear experts,
> I have a small doubt could you clarify that???
> That is I find duplicate name but I want to delete one name only, if I
> filter DUPLICATE….. both names are showing…

hi i did as you said but it shows like thi  "You can only copy filtered data
to the active sheet"

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

> 1. Select the range of data including the header. You need to have headers
> for these columns
> 2. From menu Data>Filter>Advanced Filter>Copy to another location
> 3. In 'copy to' specify the target cell and check 'Unique records only'
> 4. Click OK will give you the unique list
>
> --
> Jacob
>

> "Find Duplicate names and delate" wrote:
>
> > Dear experts,
> > I have a small doubt could you clarify that???
> > That is I find duplicate name but I want to delete one name only, if I
> > filter DUPLICATE….. both names are showing…

Assume that data is present a column, then type in b column countif(A:A,A:A).
there will be two type value  respective column 1 & Greater no than 1. use to
filter the value greater than 1. these are duplicate values.

"Find Duplicate names and delate" wrote:

> Dear experts,
> I have a small doubt could you clarify that???
> That is I find duplicate name but I want tio delete one name only, if I
> filter DUPLICATE….. both names are showing…

Try a pivot. Fast n easy. In Layout, drag n drop the "name" col header into
both ROW & DATA areas. Finish up the wizard. The pivot sheet will return both
the list of unique names and the counts next to it. The list of uniques is
what you want. voila? wave it, hit YES below
--
Max
Singapore