Find Count of Items with certain criteria

I have over a thousand records (Each one a legal case)

Col I has the date the case was opened ( All cases have a "Date Opened")
If a Case has been "Put on Hold", Col O has the date it was "POH". If not,
Col O is blank
If a case has been "awarded" Col R has the date it was awarded. If not, Col
R is blank
If a case has  had a claim filed for it, Col X has the claim filed date, if
not, Col X is blank
If a case has been closed, Col S has the closed Date, if not, Col S is Blank.

Each case can have one or more, or none of these dates.

How can I get a count of how many cases there are at 12/31/03 that ,have not
been put on hold, have not been awarded,  have not had a claim filed and have
not been closed. (As of 12/31/03)

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

0
TucsonGuy (13)

Hi
use SUMPRODUCT. See:

Regards
Frank Kabel
Frankfurt, Germany
"Tucson Guy" <TucsonGuy@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>I have over a thousand records (Each one a legal case)
>
> Col I has the date the case was opened ( All cases have a "Date Opened")
> If a Case has been "Put on Hold", Col O has the date it was "POH". If not,
> Col O is blank
> If a case has been "awarded" Col R has the date it was awarded. If not,
> Col
> R is blank
> If a case has  had a claim filed for it, Col X has the claim filed date,
> if
> not, Col X is blank
> If a case has been closed, Col S has the closed Date, if not, Col S is
> Blank.
>
> Each case can have one or more, or none of these dates.
>
> How can I get a count of how many cases there are at 12/31/03 that ,have
> not
> been put on hold, have not been awarded,  have not had a claim filed and
> have
> not been closed. (As of 12/31/03)
>
> Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

0
frank.kabel (11126)
1/1/2005 1:55:24 PM
Frank--Once again, you have turned me on to an Excel feature that I need to
learn. Thank you and Happy New Year.--When do you sleep?

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

> Hi
> use SUMPRODUCT. See:
> http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.SUMPRODUCT.html
>
> --
> Regards
> Frank Kabel
> Frankfurt, Germany
> "Tucson Guy" <TucsonGuy@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> >I have over a thousand records (Each one a legal case)
> >
> > Col I has the date the case was opened ( All cases have a "Date Opened")
> > If a Case has been "Put on Hold", Col O has the date it was "POH". If not,
> > Col O is blank
> > If a case has been "awarded" Col R has the date it was awarded. If not,
> > Col
> > R is blank
> > If a case has  had a claim filed for it, Col X has the claim filed date,
> > if
> > not, Col X is blank
> > If a case has been closed, Col S has the closed Date, if not, Col S is
> > Blank.
> >
> > Each case can have one or more, or none of these dates.
> >
> > How can I get a count of how many cases there are at 12/31/03 that ,have
> > not
> > been put on hold, have not been awarded,  have not had a claim filed and
> > have
> > not been closed. (As of 12/31/03)
> >
> > Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

0
TucsonGuy (13)
1/1/2005 2:09:01 PM
Hi
thanks for the feedback
Re: when do you sleep: For me it's already late in the afternoon (3:10 pm)
and the rest of yesterday's drinks slowly fade away.....

--
> Frank--Once again, you have turned me on to an Excel feature that I need
> learn. Thank you and Happy New Year.--When do you sleep?
>
> "Frank Kabel" wrote:
>
>> Hi
>> use SUMPRODUCT. See:
>> http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.SUMPRODUCT.html
>>
>> --
>> Regards
>> Frank Kabel
>> Frankfurt, Germany
>> "Tucson Guy" <TucsonGuy@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>> >I have over a thousand records (Each one a legal case)
>> >
>> > Col I has the date the case was opened ( All cases have a "Date
>> > Opened")
>> > If a Case has been "Put on Hold", Col O has the date it was "POH". If
>> > not,
>> > Col O is blank
>> > If a case has been "awarded" Col R has the date it was awarded. If not,
>> > Col
>> > R is blank
>> > If a case has  had a claim filed for it, Col X has the claim filed
>> > date,
>> > if
>> > not, Col X is blank
>> > If a case has been closed, Col S has the closed Date, if not, Col S is
>> > Blank.
>> >
>> > Each case can have one or more, or none of these dates.
>> >
>> > How can I get a count of how many cases there are at 12/31/03 that
>> > ,have
>> > not
>> > been put on hold, have not been awarded,  have not had a claim filed
>> > and
>> > have
>> > not been closed. (As of 12/31/03)
>> >
>> > Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

0
frank.kabel (11126)

Find Duplicate names and delate

Finding a Median

Find a Value the first Time It Occurs

Add space after each numbered or bulleted item
I need to make rather long lists of paragraphs that are several lines long. The numbered list feature forces a new number and a new line upon hitting enter. this is expected behavior. However, I need a space between the items to make each item stand out. In Word if I hit enter again, a new number is issued as expected. However if I arrow up to the first empty space and hit the backspace, the number will be removed, the following number will be changed to next sequential number and the empty line remain. Publisher, however insists on starting a new number sequence. Is there any way to c...

Find/Replace in RichEdit 2.0

Find (but not find)

Finding an event

Item Currency
I have a user who is trying to add an item to a PO. When he does, the following error appears: "The originating currency is not assigned to this item. Do you want to assign it now?" Any ideas? Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice ASP.NET Get ViewState out of the Page for a Perf Boost http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/60ad9dcc-394c-4a23-af4b-5fd537c7af52/aspnet-get-viewstate-out.aspx Not sure the error didnt show. It is: The originating currency is not assigned to this item. Do you want to assign it now? Lauren C wrote: ...

cannot find database

Trapping a NO FIND after a find

How do I find the out of office reply?

Filter out distinct items
Is there any quick way to get a distinct list of unsorted (or sorted if necessary) column with repeated values? Thanks. Probably the easiest way is to highlight the column you want to do th distinct sort on and go to the Data menu, Data -> Filter -> Advance Filter, choose your list range and just be sure to check the "Uniqu records only" box at the bottom of the window -- summerg ----------------------------------------------------------------------- summergs's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3741 View this thread: http://www.e...

How do I get the sentence count in a word document?
-- Many thanks in advance best regards Ian Word Count provides a count of words, characters, lines, and paragraphs but not sentences. Although a macro can be written to get a rough count, Word can't necessarily distinguish between the period at the end of a sentence and the period following an abbreviation. There must be some algorithm, however, as the "readability statistics" are based to some extent on the number of words in the average sentence, I think. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word...

Discount % up to a certain price ($100) but no more
Any ideas on how to do this? I've searched customersourceand this newsgroup, no luck. Any answer on ths M$? "Derek" wrote: > Any ideas on how to do this? I've searched customersourceand this newsgroup, > no luck. ...

Send link to item using Folder Assistant rule
I have an Exchange server public folder set up with a custom form. The folder assistant rules work nicely to forward the posted messages to the appropriate list of recipients, based on the value in one of the user-defined fields of the form (using the Advanced settings in the rule editor). However there is no option to forward a _link_ to the posted message - the entire message gets forwarded. The result is that a message lands up in the recipients' Inboxes using the default form, and they can then proceed to reply on the message in their Inbox folders, which is not desired. I do not ha...

Advanced Find not finding all
"Advanced Find" in Outlook 2007 is not finding all email messages which match the criteria. It finds between 30 and 200 and then stops. I then have to work with those (e.g., delete them) and then click "Find Now" again to find another batch, dozens of times! What is wrong? How do I fix this and find all messages that match the criteria? My typical application is to split the entire contents of my .pst files by date. Do do this I make a copy of the file. In one I delete all messages older than the cutoff date (e.g., 1/1/2007), and in the other I delete all messages yo...

formula to count instances of something
Using Excel 2007. I want to create a series of cells with a formula that will count the number of cells elsewhere that contain a certain word. "[ ]" means a cell. Example: [Category 1] [sub category 2] [#of instances] [sub category 3] [#of instances] Elsewhere on that XL spread sheet, I would have rows that have [sub category 2] [data...] [data...] [sub category 2] [data..] [data..] [sub category 2] [data....] [data....] [sub category 3] [data] [data] [sub category 3] [data] [data] [sub category 3] [data] [data] [sub category ...

kit item return
There should be an option in the Store Op Manager --> Configuration --> Option Tab to allow the ability when returning a Kit Item to either return the quantity back to the Kit Items Inventory or to the Kit Item COMPONENTS Inventory. Effectively breaking out the Kit Item automatically when the item is returned to inventory. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to op...

How to: find reason for rejected messages?
I'm trying to find the reason, why certain messages get rejected by our exchange 2000 server. Is there a way to find out? Scenario: pullmail gets mails from pop3 mailboxes from, let's say "internetmailserver.com" and puts it in our exchange server "intranet.com". For most mails it works marvellous but for some mails it just fails and I can only see (output of pullmail command): .... 1 messages waiting << +OK 8488322 octets Message from: some.user@validdomain.com to: user@intranet.com SMTP message rejected, reply OK Unexpected response rsion:...

Sum If and Count If
Is there a way to use sumif and count if if your criteria is dates? In my spredsheet column A are dates. My spreadsheet looks like this. A B C D Date Loc. Stops $ 11/17/09 Miami 2 $1150 11/18/09 Orlando 1 $1000 I have tried =SUMIF(A3:A5,11/17/9,D3:D51). I have also tried converting column A to show 2009 instead of 09, but I still get 0 as the result for both. Hi TB, Try: =SUMIF(A3:A5;Date(2009;11;17);D3:D5) HTH, Wouter Sorry, ...