Find and Display

Hi All,

I have 12 sheets with several columns of data.

I want to search for an item in column A starting from
First sheet and if the item found then display in a
message box or in a new sheet the data label(for column
A,C,F,K,L) and corresponding data (for selected fields)
or proceed to the next sheet until the item is found. the
data never get repeated (In column A)so there would be
only one instance of the data in column A.

How could i get this by a macro?

TIA
Soniya
0
anonymous (74723)

hi,
http://www.bmsltd.ie/MVP/
go to this site. they have a free download utility called
flexfind. it is an add-in that will do what you want. i
use it. great tool. it will search the entire workbook and
show all items found. click on one and it take you there.
:)

0
anonymous (74723)

Find Duplicate names and delate

Find a Value the first Time It Occurs

Finding a Median

Find/Replace in RichEdit 2.0

Find (but not find)

Finding an event

cannot find database

Remove Header Once Report Displays?
Hi All, I am trying to figure a report issue. I have a report that utilizes the subreport feature. When the subreport loads it is ok but once the subreport goes onto a 2nd page the headers are all out of wack. The header contains the main report which is quite confusing since fields are not the same. Can my second page only contain the subreport headers? Thanks. It isn't clear what you mean by "The header contains the main report which is quite confusing since fields are not the same". A subreport contains nothing from the main report. When you mention "...

Trapping a NO FIND after a find

Is there a way to display Power Point on a web page
Is there a way to display or insert a link to a Power Point presentation on my web pages? I'm using FrontPage 2000. Wrong newsgroup -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "useless" <useless@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5D061B89-8C43-421A-A4BB-946142E136FC@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to display or insert a link to a Power Point presentation > on > my web pages? I'm using FrontPage 2000. Seems a link to the PowerPoint file would do it. But the visitor would need PowerPoint Viewer on their computer. -- Don Vancouver ...

Outlook 2003 error
I am using Outlook 2003 on a WinXP Pro PC in standalone (no Exchange connection). I am getting this error message when trying to access a folder from one of the shortcuts. Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Office Outlook could not access the specified folder location. The links in my favorites work just fine so the folders are still in tact and working as they should. The error occurs when I try to access via a link from my Today screen. This error started right about the time I started using Interenet Explorer 7 Beta but I'm not absolutely positive that is what set it off. Be...

How do I find the out of office reply?

Advanced Find not finding all
"Advanced Find" in Outlook 2007 is not finding all email messages which match the criteria. It finds between 30 and 200 and then stops. I then have to work with those (e.g., delete them) and then click "Find Now" again to find another batch, dozens of times! What is wrong? How do I fix this and find all messages that match the criteria? My typical application is to split the entire contents of my .pst files by date. Do do this I make a copy of the file. In one I delete all messages older than the cutoff date (e.g., 1/1/2007), and in the other I delete all messages yo...

Re: How to delay ToolTip display time in CListCtrl Control
"Smallfrogs" <super_smallfrogs@hotmail.com> д���ʼ� news:... > Thanks > "Ali R." <nospam@nospam.com> д���ʼ� > news:snPYb.436$1V5.123111568@newssvr11.news.prodigy.com... > > ((CListCtrl > > *)GetDlgItem(IDC_MYLIST))->GetToolTips()->SetDelayTime(TTDT_AUTOPOP,5000); > > > > or if you have variable for your list > > m_MyList.GetToolTips()->SetDelayTime(TTDT_AUTOPOP,5000); > > > > that will set how long it stays up after it is displayed. > > > > Change TTDT_AUTOPOP with TTDT_INITIAL to change the...

How to: find reason for rejected messages?
I'm trying to find the reason, why certain messages get rejected by our exchange 2000 server. Is there a way to find out? Scenario: pullmail gets mails from pop3 mailboxes from, let's say "internetmailserver.com" and puts it in our exchange server "intranet.com". For most mails it works marvellous but for some mails it just fails and I can only see (output of pullmail command): .... 1 messages waiting << +OK 8488322 octets Message from: some.user@validdomain.com to: user@intranet.com SMTP message rejected, reply OK Unexpected response rsion:...

Displaying only specified values-not using Autofilter
I have a somewhat unusual question based on something that's stumped me for over a week. I'm hoping the collective wisdom of this newsgroup might be of some help. I'm attempting to display all of the results of value "x" from one sheet on another. To elaborate, sheet 2 has a column, let's call it column A. Each cell in column A has a value, let's say, for simplicity sake, "1", "2", "3", or "4". What I want to do is go back to sheet 1 and format it in such a way that all of the rows containing value "1" in the afor...

finding latest hotfix
how do I find latest hotfix for Project Server 2007, Sharepoint server 2007 and SQL serve 2005? For Service Pack we can search using bing or google and find. But not for hotfix. How do I find? Thank you Hello all the latest updates are documented here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/office/ee748587.aspx -- Christophe Fiessinger Microsoft http://blogs.msdn.com/chrisfie "sgOrchid" <sgOrchid@@newsgroup.nospam.com> wrote in message news:3B51FE4E-ADD6-415D-9771-CCD32A65DF11@microsoft.com... > how do I find latest hotfix for Project Server 200...

Can "Totals" be displayed in Advance Find results?
This seems like a question that would've been asked many times before, but I can't find any reference to is here. Can total search results be displayed in the search results pane? The only reference to a solution for this is by a company in Romania called Creative Software Solution. They have a screen grab at http://www.creativesolutions.ro/img/Customizations-GridCount.jpg. Anyone know how I can make the customization myself? Thanks! Andy. Dear Andy, There are few options. 1. Writing Reports and show total 2. Add Total as custom value and use javascript to add that va...

Nothing is displayed after boot screen
Hi, I am making a OS design in PB 6.0 for a x86 based PC. I have chosen all the necessary drivers for the system boot. But only blank screen is displayed after the boot screen. When i try to build again by creating a new project and selecting very minimal components it goes to the device's desktop. What may be the issue? I have enabled the KITL, kernel debugger and eboot space in memory. What am i missing? Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Putting Twitter Realtime Search to Work http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/6100d85b-2f27-472d-af24-c99...

find formula and return value
Hi i am using the following formula to find text in a cell =IF(ISNUMBER(FIND("Super",B96)),"OK", "Not OK") and return a value. i have adapted the formula for another spreadsheet and simply added more values to check, i.e. =IF(ISNUMBER(FIND("Super""Account""Business:,B96)),"OK", "Not OK") but it doesnt seem to work. where i can see the value in the cell it is not returning ok instead of not ok. is there a limit to the number of values i can search and if so why doesnt it say as an error? what am i missing? Thanks v...