filtering account numbers from a worksheet

I'm new to excel.  I have created a spreadsheet containing my newspaper's
subscriber list, containing account numbers and addresses.  I want to merge
another list of subscribers(with account numbers and addresses) with the
first list to scrub those addresses, etc. from that list.  Can anyone advise
me?

0
fouraker (3)

Hi
not completely sure what you're trying to do. But as a starting point:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm#InOneNotOther
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm#ExtractingCommon

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

fouraker wrote:
> I'm new to excel.  I have created a spreadsheet containing my
> newspaper's subscriber list, containing account numbers and
> addresses.  I want to merge another list of subscribers(with account
> numbers and addresses) with the first list to scrub those addresses,
> etc. from that list.  Can anyone advise me?
0
frank.kabel (11126)

Autofill Dates Through Worksheets?
Hi All, I'm new to this forum, so sorry if this is a daft question.. Is it possible to autofill dates through worksheets, so that the first date of each week shows in the same cell reference through a workbook? (eg sheet 1 has 1st April in cell c1, sheet 2 has 8th April in cell c1, sheet 3 has 15th April in cell c1...etc). I was hoping I'd be able to select all the tabs throughout a 52-sheet workbook and autofill the dates, but I can't. If autofill isn't an option, is there another way to achieve the same result without typing the first date of each week on every sheet? Thanks ...

Criteria for Advanced Filter HELP
I have what I think is a simple question that I need answered IMMEDIATELY. I have a spreadsheet with 20 fields and I want to filter it so it only shows records that have something in of any of 5 of those fields. So once filtered, I will not have any records that have all 5 of those fields blank. I know I have done this before but I'll be damned if I can remember or find out how. -- Thanks You all are teaching me so much don't cross-post -- answer supplied in misc NG "knowshowrosegrows" <knowshowrosegrows@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ACBC0...

Allow customization of relationship view columns in the account
When viewing the "Relationships" section for an account, we cannot change the columns displayed in customizing and are limited to Party 1 Role 1 Party 2 Role 2 which is very limiting. It would be usefult to be able to add additional columns to better descripe the relationships based on fields maintained in the account or contact record. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follo...

I am trying to complete my account and log in?
I can't seem to complete the process for window's mail Please do not use @microsoft.com as your domain unless you are a Microsoft employee. Thank you. Who is your mail server? What type of account? What problems are you having? -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Andrew Withers" <Andro197331@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:%23Y3KIht0KHA.3652@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I can't seem to complete the process for window's mail "Andrew Withers" <Andro197331@microsoft.com> wrote ...

Employee Filters

Improper Account Classification
I am having a Money 2005 issue that I hope someone can help resolve. I set-up my Money 2005 Deluxe to download my transactions from a credit union with which I hold a checking, savings, and credit account. The checking and savings accounts set up perfectly. However, the information for my credit card account is downloaded and listed as a bank account. Thus, my line of credit is listed as a cash asset (e.g. if my line of credit was $5k and I had no charges on the card, MS Money would indicate that I have $5k more in my bank accounts than I actually do). Instead, it should be listed a...

Filtering based on a filter
Hello, I have an Excel Worksheet with a Pivot Table at the top with a Filter and a data set returned from a DB2 database below it. I would like to filter the DB2 data set based on the Pivot Table filter that is enabled. Any ideas? Thanks! James, You can't filter two ranges on the same worksheet. You can, instead, drill-down on your pivot table, which will show all items that go into the value on a newly created separate sheet. The drawback to that is that you cna only drill down on one item at a time, and it is a separate sheet. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "James" <an...

Payables Voucher Number & eConnect
I'm trying to create new payables vouchers in GP with eConnect. I can't see anywhere in the eConnectGetNextDocument library a method for getting the next voucher number, only the next payment number. Is there someplace else I should be looking for this, or is there another source for the next number using eConnect and not going into the table directly? I'm using eConnect 9 (COM), and version 9 of GP. Thanks, Jack Evans Choice Technologies, Inc. ...

Question on the IMF filtering in exchange...
Hey I installed the IMF filter last night and it works great, with one exception. I set both thresholds to the same (5) and got almost all blocked emails into the archive that were junk...So that is good. However I had some users report that there was mail in their junk folder that should have been good Inbox mail. This I undersyand and can live with as folas-positives...the problem is, since both settings on the folter tab were set to 5, how does it know to send the mail to archive rather than Junk folder? Why wouldn't it just send them all to archive if both settings were at ...

Filtering without Filter
I just don't get the following. Any ideas? "A" row I have two different values I use: "Contact" and "Not a contact". "B" row I have the person's name (employee). "C" row I have a quantity, just one number. Now what I need is to output quantities of how many Contacts Employee1 or Employee2 or Employee3 have. Also what I need is to get the number of contacts - which can be found on row "C". Should I use COUNT.IF ? Row A can have 2 or more different values so should there be somekind of conditional IF function included? T...

Filtering #11
Hi, can ayone tell me how I could do the following in excel 2007 or 2010: Horse Trainer Sam M Jones John M Jones Colin S Attwater Steve J Jackson Brian B Mathers James B Mathers Martin G Raggy Patrick S Thomson What I want to do is filter the dataset on 'Trainer' so that it only shows me the Trainers who feature once in the list. So if I was to do this properly it would only show S Attwater and G Raggy as the other trainers have more than one horse..... Hopefully someone can help because it is driving me crazy !! Thanks David Give this macro a try... Sub HideDuplicateTr...

Protecting Cells In A Worksheet
Have followed all the directions to protect certain cells in a worksheet. After unlocking the cells in the entire sheet I get the following dialogue box "Too many different cell formulas" and the cells don't get unlocked. Any suggestions?? -- Nicole You sure it says "formulas" and not "formats"? Maybe this KB Article will shed some light if "too many formats" http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;213904 Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 9 Dec 2009 08:05:01 -0800, Nicole <Nicole@discussions.microso...

Performance of savings accounts #2
One problem that I keep running into with Money is that it has a very clear distinction between investment accounts and checking/savings accounts. So far, I have not been able to find a way to get money to give me a performance report on a savings account or to consider the savings account to be part of my portfolio. When I want to check how well my investments did over a year, I cannot get data about my savings accounts and so the data that is given on my investment accounts does not account for my savings... ...

Junk filter BEFORE other filters?
I am running Outlook 2003 and the Junk filter was working really well. Then I started making other filters...one of them looks for my domain name in the headers and if it's there it moves the email to a folder. Problem is, this filter seems to activate before the junk filter, so the junk sn't being filtered now! How can I set the junk filter to do it's job first and THEN to run my own rules? -- Bryan Anderson <www.anderson-it.com> I created this rule and set it as the first rule to run: Apply this rule after the message arrives with 'X-Spam-Level:******'or'...

Copy table text to Excel worksheet
I'm using Office XP and am putting text I typed in tables from Word into an Excel spreadsheet due to the columns expanding way beyond 11x17, Word's maximum width I believe. I set up my Excel spreadsheet columns to be wide enough to accept the text (8 columns across) but after copying, it put it all in the first column. Aside from copying each block of text individually, is there a quick way to do this? thanks so much, Regina Hi Regina yes, select your first column and choose data / text to columns you can then choose how your data is separated etc - if this doesn't work well...

Calling random numbers from a set
I have a set of whole numbers (counting numbers) in tbl_WN. There is a field [Is_Prime] that indicates whether the number is prime. I would like to create a set of prime numbers, then randomly call any number from that set. Based on what a user does on a form, a random prime number may appear. Can I create the set of prime numbers, have them stored in memory, then call a random prime number from that set whenever I need one? This code gives you an idea of how I am set up, loops through random numbers in the set: Dim intWN As Long Dim db_Prime As Database Dim rs_Prime As Recordset Set d...

Importing Contacts linked with accounts
Hi, I do not succed in importing contacts linked with accounts. I use the bulk import wizard tool. (I have 1000 contact to import) 1/ I import first accounts (name + adresses) 2/ Then I import contacts. I try to link contacts with the account name. (parent Account field). I try to link the contact with accounts using the name of "Parent Account" name. But this fails. I cannot import anything How can I create a link between Accounts and contact with the Bulk import wizard ? Thank you for your help. Pascal One way of doing this is to try something like this: 1. Go to SQL ...

accessing another users mailbox from administrator account.
How can access someonle else mailbox from Administrators account throug OWA. i have no problem to accesss this from out look. thanks in advance. When going to OWA specify the mailbox you want to get into in the URL, for instance http://<servername>/exchange/<mailbox alias>. Then put your admin account and password in the logon screen. -Peter "thushya" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9e8201c486e5$97ed4a80$a501280a@phx.gbl... > How can access someonle else mailbox from Administrators > account throug OWA. > i have no problem t...

Macro to copy a VLOOKUP formula

Pasting into a filtered list
Can anyone tell me if it is possible to paste a list of price updates into a filtered list. - I have filtered the list to show just the products whose prices need to be updated, when I try to paste the updated prices, into the list, the prices are not just pasted into the visible cells but the hidden cells between. Can I paste into the visible cells only or do I have to update each line manually. I am using Excel 2002 Any help would be much appreciated Can you sort the list to bring the products that need updating together in the list? If not, try something like this: Your list of product...

Some Accounts Hanging When Checking
Microsoft XP SP 2.0 Outlook 2003 (11.6359.6360) Before I had 6 email accounts I checked with Outlook 2003. I recently "imported 5 other ones from OLE 6.0 into Outlook 2003. I currently have 11 email accounts that I check with Outlook 2003. Since the import, Outlook checks my email for awhile perfectly and all accounts receive just fine, but then after a few hours...2-3 random ones "freeze" or time-out from receiving. I have even removed the troubled accounts and re-created them, but the problem still exists through random accounts. Any ideas? -Dennis > Are you ru...

Account defaulting
Hello all, I would just like to confirm the account default hierarchy I observe in Great Plains 8.0. It appears that the hierarchy goes: Card level > Class Level > Company Posting Accounts For instance, to determine the account used for defaulting a customer Accounts Receivable account, GP will first look at the customer card, if no account is setup there, it will look at the class id, if nothing is setup there, it will go to the posting accounts setup. Is this correct? What if different accounts are setup at different levels? Thanks in advance, Jason Hi, Card level > Compan...

Test for Whole Number
I am probably making this harder than it needs to be. What is a good way to test if a user enters a whole number as a data input. I cobbled together the following but is there a simplier way? Sub Test() Dim pInt As Integer Dim pStr As String Do pStr = InputBox("Enter a whole number") pInt = pStr Loop While pInt <> pStr MsgBox "Thank you" End Sub -- Greg Maxey See my web site http://gregmaxey.mvps.org for an eclectic collection of Word Tips. Arrogance is a weed that grows mostly on a dunghill (Arabic proverb) I am sure there ar...

apply filter macro
I have a access db that works on win xp but does not work on win 2007 I have a combo box that triggers a apply filter macro using a query sort. no problem on win 2000 or win xp or win 2003 Help AlT ...