Filter option not working

Unable to get the filter option to work after selecting 'Protect and Share Worksheet
Have completed all the steps in relation to Format - Cells, but even though the cells are not locked the filter option can not be use
How can I get this to work?
0
anonymous (74721)

Hi gianni

While you are protecting the Sheet
Tools>Protection>Protect Sheet

Below are the rights that you can allow/Disallow all
users. Check "Use Auto Filter"

regards

option can not be used
>How can I get this to work?
>.

0
amit_k741 (3)
12/30/2003 8:35:31 AM
Amit
It doesn't seem to give me an option to do this.
I did find the below instructions, but I need to be able to protect more than 1 worksheet and secondly if a change the name of the worksheet it does not automatically change the name in this code. How can I get this to happen?

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
  Worksheets("Sheet1").EnableAutoFilter = True
  Worksheets("Sheet1").Protect UserInterfaceOnly:=True
End Sub

Right click on the Excel icon next to File in the menubar
choose view code
paste the code
Alt-Q to go back to Excel

0
anonymous (74721)
12/30/2003 9:26:08 AM
In a shared workbook, but you can't change the protection, as you can in
a normal workbook. So, your code won't be able to protect the sheet, and
set UserInterfaceOnly, as the workbook opens.

If you want the AutoFilter to work, you could leave the sheet
unprotected. Perhaps you could add a sheet that contains a copy of the
original list, or one that is linked to the protected sheet.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)

Bill Calendar and Debt Planner? How do they work together?
Ok I have read all I could find but I can't seem to find anything that explains how the debt planner and bill calendar work together. For the explanation of what I am doing I will talk of only one bill. I entered my Providian credit card in the bill calendar. It is also in the debt planner that has me paying a different amount so I will hit the pay off debt date. I don't pay my bills through money because my bank doesn't allow that just downloading of the statements. I am hoping when I pay the Providian credit card from my banks website and download the statements to money that...

Additional folders can't not showing TO option for sorting
I'm really liking windows 7...and like the new windows live mail...esspecially the contacts. But in the Mail, I like to add folders to sort things out, both for mail coming in and mail that I am sending. In any of the folders I add i can not sort by the TO option. This leave only the FROM option which is me....so it makes finding an email I have sent to someone else very difficult. The only folder that shows the TO sorting option is the default Sent items folder that is created when you set up a POP account. I keep a lot of emails for work and typically have an IN and OUT...

Option button #3
I have a spreadsheet with one cell I want to deplay the price from one of two spots. How do I setup an option button so that if one is selected the price next to that button get put in my deplay cell? -- We all need a little help First, make sure your option buttons are linked to a cell somewhere (under format contol), for example C1. Assuming list of choices is in B1:B2, Then your formula will be =INDEX(B1:B2,C1) -- Best Regards, Luke M "Pat Rice" wrote: > I have a spreadsheet with one cell I want to deplay the price from one of two > spots. How do I setup an opt...

Criteria for Advanced Filter HELP
I have what I think is a simple question that I need answered IMMEDIATELY. I have a spreadsheet with 20 fields and I want to filter it so it only shows records that have something in of any of 5 of those fields. So once filtered, I will not have any records that have all 5 of those fields blank. I know I have done this before but I'll be damned if I can remember or find out how. -- Thanks You all are teaching me so much don't cross-post -- answer supplied in misc NG "knowshowrosegrows" <knowshowrosegrows@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ACBC0...

Employee Filters

Search feature not working or is it?
Outlook2003/XP User is doing a search but the search is bringing up the earliest items first and not the latest. (February 2005 before April 2005). It will eventually populate the latest..eventually. I believe the direction it is searching is opposite of what it should be searching. Any ideas? Thank you. It has always been this way - searching for the older item first as people are most likely to forget something seen last year as opposed to yesterday. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus n...

MS Money Sync Finally Working for Me #2
My MS Money Sync and one of my credit card accounts has not synchronized in over a month. I finally have it working now after trying a solution that Hans reported he had picked up from an Microsoft rep. This is what I did: 1) Disabled my credit card account in MS Money that would not syncrhonize (Manage Online Services, choose the account, click on Stop Using Online Servcies) If I tried to re-set it up in MS Money, I received the "Account Setup Unavailable Message". 2)Went to MSN Money Central on the web. Clicked on My Accounts. Entered passport ID. Went to bottom of page and cli...

Updates available, but no install option since dcpromo on 2008 ser
Hi, I've been trying to resolve this for ages. We have 4 2008 servers (fresh build) that recevied their updates successfully from our WSUS server (hosted on a 2003 WSUS server). We then ran dcpromo on the 4 2008 servers to make them domain controllers. Since then if you log onto the 2008 DC's (even as the domain 'administrator') the notification pops up on the ask bar to say 'New updates are available', but when I open the 'Windows Update' window I have no 'Install Updates' option. We've since build other 2008 servers and they all wor...

transparent dlg option
hello, when I use transparent option in my cdialog, it will not show up in the foreground but is hidden under man window application. how to fix that? thanks Are you calling DoModal()? Tom "borowka" <ad@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:er5OaUXxGHA.1284@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > hello, > when I use transparent option in my cdialog, > it will not show up in the foreground but is hidden > under man window application. how to fix that? > thanks > yes I do. "Tom Serface" <tserface@msn.com> wrote in message news:%2398LKRfxGHA.3264@TK2MSF...

Filtering based on a filter
Hello, I have an Excel Worksheet with a Pivot Table at the top with a Filter and a data set returned from a DB2 database below it. I would like to filter the DB2 data set based on the Pivot Table filter that is enabled. Any ideas? Thanks! James, You can't filter two ranges on the same worksheet. You can, instead, drill-down on your pivot table, which will show all items that go into the value on a newly created separate sheet. The drawback to that is that you cna only drill down on one item at a time, and it is a separate sheet. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "James" <an...

Question on the IMF filtering in exchange...
Hey I installed the IMF filter last night and it works great, with one exception. I set both thresholds to the same (5) and got almost all blocked emails into the archive that were junk...So that is good. However I had some users report that there was mail in their junk folder that should have been good Inbox mail. This I undersyand and can live with as folas-positives...the problem is, since both settings on the folter tab were set to 5, how does it know to send the mail to archive rather than Junk folder? Why wouldn't it just send them all to archive if both settings were at ...

Filtering without Filter
I just don't get the following. Any ideas? "A" row I have two different values I use: "Contact" and "Not a contact". "B" row I have the person's name (employee). "C" row I have a quantity, just one number. Now what I need is to output quantities of how many Contacts Employee1 or Employee2 or Employee3 have. Also what I need is to get the number of contacts - which can be found on row "C". Should I use COUNT.IF ? Row A can have 2 or more different values so should there be somekind of conditional IF function included? T...

Filtering #11
Hi, can ayone tell me how I could do the following in excel 2007 or 2010: Horse Trainer Sam M Jones John M Jones Colin S Attwater Steve J Jackson Brian B Mathers James B Mathers Martin G Raggy Patrick S Thomson What I want to do is filter the dataset on 'Trainer' so that it only shows me the Trainers who feature once in the list. So if I was to do this properly it would only show S Attwater and G Raggy as the other trainers have more than one horse..... Hopefully someone can help because it is driving me crazy !! Thanks David Give this macro a try... Sub HideDuplicateTr...

Create a bitmap in propersheet tab doesn't work
HI, Guy I want to create a bitmap to tabs of the property sheet, but the result does not show the image, here is what I did, What do I do wrong? int CWndData::OnCreate(LPCREATESTRUCT lpCreateStruct) { //MessageBox("OnCreate"); if (CWnd::OnCreate(lpCreateStruct) == -1) return -1; RECT r; GetClientRect(&r); // tab m_tab.Create( WS_CHILD|WS_VISIBLE, CRect(r.left,r.top,r.right,r.bottom+1), this, m_tabID); m_image.Create( IDB_BITMAP1, 40, 0, RGB(255,255,255) ); m_tab.SetImageList( &m_image ); TC_ITEM TabCtrlItem; TabCtrlItem.mask = TCIF_IMAGE; for(UINT ...

Folder Options not taking effect
Hi, Regarding the Tools > Folder Options... dialog, is there any reason a change made there would not "stick"? I like to see my file extensions as it helps me identify a file quickly, but everytime I deselect "Hide file extensions for known file types", click Apply and OK, once the dialog closes, the setting is re-applied like I hadn't done anything. When I open the folder options dialog again, I see that it's selected again. The same is true of "Hide protected operating system files". What's wrong with my installation? Does anyon...

Junk filter BEFORE other filters?
I am running Outlook 2003 and the Junk filter was working really well. Then I started making other filters...one of them looks for my domain name in the headers and if it's there it moves the email to a folder. Problem is, this filter seems to activate before the junk filter, so the junk sn't being filtered now! How can I set the junk filter to do it's job first and THEN to run my own rules? -- Bryan Anderson <www.anderson-it.com> I created this rule and set it as the first rule to run: Apply this rule after the message arrives with 'X-Spam-Level:******'or'...

RPC over Https problem still can't work
I AM USING Single Server + DC I FOLLOW THIS http://www.amset.info/exchange/rpc-http-server.asp AND USING selfsll DOING HTTPS When i test and type https://domainname/rpc It will be prompted for credentials three times after which the following error is displayed, HTTP Error 401.3 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to an ACL set on the requested resource. And using outlook can't connect to Exchange What can i do ,How can i solove the problem Best Regards Try this link for general troubleshooting help http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827330 "snakesboy" <snakes...

Mail Options Greyed out
I installed Outlook (2003) last week and every thing worked fine. i have sent and received emils no problems. Today i can still receive emails ok, but i cannot send new / reply / forward - as these buttons are now greyed out ? Has anybody else come across this, if so how did you solve it. (if I do a test from set up email accounts that sends and receives the test ok) ...

Macro to copy a VLOOKUP formula

I need to work with CListView
I try to use the CListView deried class to display the customer details in SDI . I cant insert the details can any one help. I am new to MFC. So please help me. Thanks in advance. regards, KSMH On Feb 15, 2:21 am, "mohamed hanif" <mohamedhani...@gmail.com> wrote: > I try to use the CListView deried class to display the customer > details in SDI . > > I cant insert the details can any one help. I am new to MFC. So please > help me. > > Thanks in advance. > > regards, > KSMH Whats the problem? What happens when you insert/add? Look at codeguru/...

Pasting into a filtered list
Can anyone tell me if it is possible to paste a list of price updates into a filtered list. - I have filtered the list to show just the products whose prices need to be updated, when I try to paste the updated prices, into the list, the prices are not just pasted into the visible cells but the hidden cells between. Can I paste into the visible cells only or do I have to update each line manually. I am using Excel 2002 Any help would be much appreciated Can you sort the list to bring the products that need updating together in the list? If not, try something like this: Your list of product...

apply filter macro
I have a access db that works on win xp but does not work on win 2007 I have a combo box that triggers a apply filter macro using a query sort. no problem on win 2000 or win xp or win 2003 Help AlT ...

SBS 2003 and CRM Reporting Not working
I know, generic thread title, but here's the deal... I am able to browse to servername/reports and view and work with the CRM Reports. I'm also able to access servername/reportserver. Inside CRM I get an error dialog box when I try to go to those reports. I followed the steps on Larry's Taco Talk (thanks Larry), but am stuck on making sure the proper permissions are set on the reports. Everyone else seems to have had to add the NT Authority\Network Service and publisher role to get theirs to work. I did add that, but my DomainName\ReportingGroup doesn't exist in the...

IP filtering based on corresponding MX records
Hello Dears, How can I implement the following? Used: Exchange 2003 SP2 in FE/BE configuration; FE is in perimeter zone (capable to “speak” with DNS, BE, DCs and retrieve info) So, somebody connects my FE to sent an e-mail to one of domain users. I need something like that: When connecting, see the “mail from: user@somedomain.xxx”; Verify if there is a record MX for the IP address from which the connection was established in DNS for the domain “somedomain.xxx” If not – drop connection (attention: MX record, not SPF) Is it possible with Exchange 2003 SP2 only? How? Thank you, Alex I be...