Filter Mode #2

Hi

I have been sent a large spreadsheet.  The problem is that when I fillter
the data instead of the number of rows which have been filltered out being
displayed on the left hand side of the status bar the words "filter mode"
appear.  How do I get rid of the "filter mode" so that status bar shows the
number of records filtered?

Elaine

Purchase Order Ship To Address #2
GP 8.0 We have a problem with the Purchase Order Ship to Address where it is not printing out on the Purchase Order. Why Purchase Order ship to address does not work like GP 7.0. The IDEAL solution would be that the PO shows, on the heading, the same ship to address as it appears on the HO. This information should roll over when the HO gets transferred to a Purchase Order. However, since not all the PO are generated from/committed to an HO, it is NECESSARY that the ship to address is entered in the PO and appears in the HEADING as entered. We have NO use of a ship to address per line i...

Random selection #2
How can I set a random selection based on a set number of records in Excel, without repeating the selected record? I have a column with a list of individual names and another column with list of countries. I want to randomly select a country in the 2nd column and assign it to the person's name in the 1st column. However, once the first selection is made I cannot use that country name again for the second selection, and so on. An example that describes what I want to do is when we select names from a hat for gift exchange during holidays. It is a set of specific names, and they will no...

Outlook 2002 SP-2 Tries to Send E-mail in Offline Mode
I am having an issue where if I work offline with Outlook and send a message, Outlook will try and send the message. Eventually it errors out with: Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server - Sending' reported error (0x8004011D) : 'The server is not available. Contact your administrator if this condition persists.' Outlook use to not behave this way. It would wait until I manually selected Send/Receive and then send the message. Anyone have any ideas as to how to correct this issue? Your help would be appreciated, Jim C Hi Jim, try this? Tools > Send/Receive Settings > ...

Mail flow #2
Hi, I have an Outlook mailbox that has about 2000 messages in it and I've created a rule to forward that mail to an external address. When I go in and run the rule manually against all of the messages it appears to work but the mailbox that is supposed to receive the mail is only seeing a small amount of the messages (about 10%). I have a connector that basically send all external mail through another box and when viewing the logs on tha box I can see that only that same 10% are being seen. My queues never seem to jump during the time the rule is running and I can't figure ...

Printing Comments #2
Thank you soooooooooooooo much - you can't imagine how frustrating thi was. : -- choskin ----------------------------------------------------------------------- choskins's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1631 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27709 ...

Criteria for Advanced Filter HELP
I have what I think is a simple question that I need answered IMMEDIATELY. I have a spreadsheet with 20 fields and I want to filter it so it only shows records that have something in of any of 5 of those fields. So once filtered, I will not have any records that have all 5 of those fields blank. I know I have done this before but I'll be damned if I can remember or find out how. -- Thanks You all are teaching me so much don't cross-post -- answer supplied in misc NG "knowshowrosegrows" <knowshowrosegrows@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ACBC0...

Employee Filters

phatom message in Outlook 2003 #2
for some reason outlook 2003 keeps showing 1 message inbox in the all mail folders section when there isn't one. can I clear this --- avast! Antivirus: Outbound message clean. Virus Database (VPS): 080203-0, 02/03/2008 Tested on: 2/5/2008 10:18:58 AM avast! - copyright (c) 1988-2008 ALWIL Software. http://www.avast.com ...

Filtering based on a filter
Hello, I have an Excel Worksheet with a Pivot Table at the top with a Filter and a data set returned from a DB2 database below it. I would like to filter the DB2 data set based on the Pivot Table filter that is enabled. Any ideas? Thanks! James, You can't filter two ranges on the same worksheet. You can, instead, drill-down on your pivot table, which will show all items that go into the value on a newly created separate sheet. The drawback to that is that you cna only drill down on one item at a time, and it is a separate sheet. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "James" <an...

Print Customer Statement (or similar report) w/o closing billing c #2
Print Customer Statement (or similar report) w/o closing billing cycle Is there a way to print a customer statement or similar report before closing billing cycle? None of the reports available would show/print a statement. Anyideas or suggestions? Thanks In Manager go to journal menu and choose Close Billing cycle. On the screen that pops up select Reprint Customer Statement in the Option box at the top. This will allow you to print a statement by date range without closing the cycle. It will warn you that you are closing the cycle but it really isn't when you just reprint so you c...

Question on the IMF filtering in exchange...
Hey I installed the IMF filter last night and it works great, with one exception. I set both thresholds to the same (5) and got almost all blocked emails into the archive that were junk...So that is good. However I had some users report that there was mail in their junk folder that should have been good Inbox mail. This I undersyand and can live with as folas-positives...the problem is, since both settings on the folter tab were set to 5, how does it know to send the mail to archive rather than Junk folder? Why wouldn't it just send them all to archive if both settings were at ...

Filtering without Filter
I just don't get the following. Any ideas? "A" row I have two different values I use: "Contact" and "Not a contact". "B" row I have the person's name (employee). "C" row I have a quantity, just one number. Now what I need is to output quantities of how many Contacts Employee1 or Employee2 or Employee3 have. Also what I need is to get the number of contacts - which can be found on row "C". Should I use COUNT.IF ? Row A can have 2 or more different values so should there be somekind of conditional IF function included? T...

Filtering #11
Hi, can ayone tell me how I could do the following in excel 2007 or 2010: Horse Trainer Sam M Jones John M Jones Colin S Attwater Steve J Jackson Brian B Mathers James B Mathers Martin G Raggy Patrick S Thomson What I want to do is filter the dataset on 'Trainer' so that it only shows me the Trainers who feature once in the list. So if I was to do this properly it would only show S Attwater and G Raggy as the other trainers have more than one horse..... Hopefully someone can help because it is driving me crazy !! Thanks David Give this macro a try... Sub HideDuplicateTr...

MS Office #2
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I have Student Teacher version 2008. I have MS Office installed on three different MAC's with three individual codes (Allows for three installs). When MS Office is running on my wife's MAC Book, and I run it my iMAC, I get an error message that I'm exceeding the licenses. I'm not. How do I get this to stop?? ...

Xpath problems #2
Hi, I'm trying to display the data from my typed dataset on a page using the Xml web control. I have the following code: Xm1.Document = new XmlDataDocument(ds); Using the debugger, I found that the xml representation of my dataset looks like the following: [code:1:877c35039f] <dsData> <Entry> <Title>Test</Title> <Description>This is a test</Description> </Entry> </dsData> [/code:1:877c35039f] My xsl file looks like this [code:1:877c35039f] <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?> <xsl:stylesheet...

Two CRM Servers (1.2 and 3.0) in the same domain?
Is it possible to install a CRM 3.0 in a domain that it's already been used for CRM 1.2? I want to install in a different server, but using the same domain for authentication. We use the 1.2 for sales and the 3.0 we want to use for development. -- Microsoft Business Solutions Certified Professional–Microsoft CRM Applications Professional Microsoft Business Solutions Certified Professional–Microsoft CRM Customization Yes you should be able to. Just create a new OU in Active Directory to install CRM 3.0 in. It's also in 3.0 it's not tied to any Organization name, so you ca...

Junk filter BEFORE other filters?
I am running Outlook 2003 and the Junk filter was working really well. Then I started making other filters...one of them looks for my domain name in the headers and if it's there it moves the email to a folder. Problem is, this filter seems to activate before the junk filter, so the junk sn't being filtered now! How can I set the junk filter to do it's job first and THEN to run my own rules? -- Bryan Anderson <www.anderson-it.com> I created this rule and set it as the first rule to run: Apply this rule after the message arrives with 'X-Spam-Level:******'or'...

Problem with links #2
I upgraded to service pack 2 last week. I use Outlook for mail and since the SP2 install, every time I click on a link to a web page in an email it takes me to a folder named "nt". What is happening? And what do I need to do. Thanks. ...

Formatting Subtotals #2
When using Data, Subtotals to create subtotals in a detailed spreadsheet, how do I set the format so that all subtotal lines are bolded and are followed by a specified number of blank rows? One option - Collapse the sheet to show only the subtotals, then select visible cells only (F5>Special>Visible Cells only) Then Bold those cells and, instead of adding empty rows, make the subtotal rows taller and format them with the vertical alignment at the top "slh" wrote: > When using Data, Subtotals to create subtotals in a detailed spreadsheet, > how do I set the f...

look up #2
I will have column B which I needs to be either a "Yes" or "No" depending of what is entered in column C. There are 36 possibilities for column C. Can someone tell me the easiest way to auto fill "Yes" or "No" in column B? thank you "frank" <mrfrank73@aol.com> wrote in message news:098901c3c96d$14303df0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I will have column B which I needs to be either a "Yes" > or "No" depending of what is entered in column C. There > are 36 possibilities for column C. Can someone tell me > t...

Outlook 2003 Signature #2
I have setup multiple email accounts in Outlook. I have also assigned a signature to a non-default email account. If I set it for reply it works fine. However, I cannot get the signature to add to a new email message. It works for the default account, but not when I change the account to something other than the default. I think this used to work, but not now. Anyone with any ideas please reply by email. Thanks YOu need to turn on WordMail as your email editor. Tools | Options | Mail Format -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for...

Application does not launch in IE ? #2
Hello people, I have a user that launches IE and goes to the correct URL to sign in into CRM 4.0, just like all my other users do. He uses his correct credentials, tries to logon and then nothing happens. That is, he gets the request to log in again. No error message, nothing. Just the screen to sign in again like he just started. This is not a problem with the user itself, but rather with the PC - other users have the same problem on that PC and the application runs fine on other PC's. I know there is something that *does* work, since when I use the wrong credentials, I get an er...

Macro to copy a VLOOKUP formula

Pasting into a filtered list
Can anyone tell me if it is possible to paste a list of price updates into a filtered list. - I have filtered the list to show just the products whose prices need to be updated, when I try to paste the updated prices, into the list, the prices are not just pasted into the visible cells but the hidden cells between. Can I paste into the visible cells only or do I have to update each line manually. I am using Excel 2002 Any help would be much appreciated Can you sort the list to bring the products that need updating together in the list? If not, try something like this: Your list of product...