Fill/Expand Selection adding placeholders to Decimals

Hi,
I set up a worksheet for a Lookup Function that contains numbers increasing
by 0.1 from 100.0 to 50.0. I used the drag and fill to set up the numbers.
I noticed some incorrect entries in the results from the look up and found
that on certain numbers it added many decimal spots to the number for example
66.5 look like 66.5000000000001 when I click into the cell.  I can not locate
a pattern for why this is occurring (i.e. does not occur in the 4-8 or 10-15
but does in the 9 and 16 series).  Formatting is set to numerical with 1
decimal point.

Any help?

I've just responded to your earlier post - please do not multi-post.

Take a look at the ROUND function in XL Help.

Pete

On Apr 26, 5:01=A0pm, awalker <awal...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I set up a worksheet for a Lookup Function that contains numbers increasi=
ng
> by 0.1 from 100.0 to 50.0. I used the drag and fill to set up the numbers=
.. =A0 =A0
> I noticed some incorrect entries in the results from the look up and foun=
> that on certain numbers it added many decimal spots to the number for exa=
mple
> 66.5 look like 66.5000000000001 when I click into the cell. =A0I can not =
locate
> a pattern for why this is occurring (i.e. does not occur in the 4-8 or 10=
-15
> but does in the 9 and 16 series). =A0Formatting is set to numerical with =
1
> decimal point. =A0
>
> Any help?

0
Pete_UK
4/26/2010 4:10:32 PM
I waited 20 minutes and my post didn't show up.  I logged out and back in 3
times to see if that would prompt it.  I'm on a deadline so I reposted, I
think I took the necessary steps before doing so.

"Pete_UK" wrote:

> I've just responded to your earlier post - please do not multi-post.
>
> Take a look at the ROUND function in XL Help.
>
> Pete
>
> On Apr 26, 5:01 pm, awalker <awal...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I set up a worksheet for a Lookup Function that contains numbers increasing
> > by 0.1 from 100.0 to 50.0. I used the drag and fill to set up the numbers..
> > I noticed some incorrect entries in the results from the look up and found
> > that on certain numbers it added many decimal spots to the number for example
> > 66.5 look like 66.5000000000001 when I click into the cell.  I can not locate
> > a pattern for why this is occurring (i.e. does not occur in the 4-8 or 10-15
> > but does in the 9 and 16 series).  Formatting is set to numerical with 1
> > decimal point.
> >
> > Any help?
>
> .

I have spent the last 10 minutes searching and still cannot locate my other
post with your response.

"awalker" wrote:

> I waited 20 minutes and my post didn't show up.  I logged out and back in 3
> times to see if that would prompt it.  I'm on a deadline so I reposted, I
> think I took the necessary steps before doing so.
>
> "Pete_UK" wrote:
>
> > I've just responded to your earlier post - please do not multi-post.
> >
> > Take a look at the ROUND function in XL Help.
> >
> > Pete
> >
> > On Apr 26, 5:01 pm, awalker <awal...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > > I set up a worksheet for a Lookup Function that contains numbers increasing
> > > by 0.1 from 100.0 to 50.0. I used the drag and fill to set up the numbers..
> > > I noticed some incorrect entries in the results from the look up and found
> > > that on certain numbers it added many decimal spots to the number for example
> > > 66.5 look like 66.5000000000001 when I click into the cell.  I can not locate
> > > a pattern for why this is occurring (i.e. does not occur in the 4-8 or 10-15
> > > but does in the 9 and 16 series).  Formatting is set to numerical with 1
> > > decimal point.
> > >
> > > Any help?
> >
> > .

Automaticaly select range
Dear All, I have the following macro attached to a button. With regard to the select aspect, the range will change from time to time. So I either need to put the range ie A1:R54, in a predetermined cell, say A1 all the time. Otherwise I need some code as part of the macro, that will give me a box to enter the range, once the button is pressed. Range("B594:K601").Select Selection.Copy Workbooks.Add Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues, Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks _ :=False, Transpose:=False Columns("A:A").EntireColumn.AutoFit Columns(&q...

XP "point to select" doesn't work
I'm dealing with an XP Home SP3 machine which is set to select desktop icons and Windows Explorer items when the mouse cursor points at them. But it is not doing that. The option Tools | Folder Options | Single-click to open an item (point to select) is enabled. I've switched it to double click and back to single, but this does not help. It will still open an item when I single click on it, but it will not select anything without either right-clicking on it or scrolling using the arrow keys on the keyboard. A system restore is out of the question, as the problem has been g...

Adding 3D vectors ... need some help...
Hey guys -- I am new to this forum, it looks good. Here is my problem: I have created a worksheet for my AP Physics class where I ask them to create certain vector parameters and do various things to the created vectors, such as multiply and add them. But that is not what is important. What I need is the following: To have a cell show the addition of three numbers, with added coefficients. For example Cell A1=2.3 A2=3.4 A3=1.2 Cell B2=2.3i+3.4j+1.2k I want cell B2 to read exactly as the above, without actually adding the numbers in cells a1 a2 and a3, and I also need those coefficie...

Case filled out from SharePoint
I need to have a simple form my users fill out to submit a case. This would include the Business Required fields on the CRM Case form. Is there an easy way to do this using SharePoint? In other words, the user would go to the SharePoint site, click a link to "Submit a Support Request". This would open a form (Infopath perhaps?) where they fill in a few simple items, click submit, and a new CRM Case is created. This then would fire any pertinent workflows as if the case had been created from within CRM itself. I'm aware there are 3rd party solutions out there but would...

Matching cells by content then cell fill with color
Thanks to JEM, I am using this routine to color three consecutive cell a specific color, in this case red: Public Sub ThreeCellsRed() ActiveCell.Resize(1,3).Interior.ColorIndex = 3 End Sub What I need now is a way for the routine to continue to find all th similar cells, let's say for sake of disc they are people's names, s when I execute the above on my name, mrh, I want it to continue in th worksheet and find all exact matches and color those same cells red. Another thought, say my name (MRH) is in "A1" and it is also in "D1". But in "D1" I use "...

How to get selected file list in explorer.exe when running in explorer.exe
Hello. I need some help. I want to implement that playlist as Windows Media Player. (Using MFC) like this... (1) select multiple MP3 files in explorer.exe. (ex; song1.MP3 ~ song09.MP3) (2) Press Enter Key. (3) Running MMPlayer.exe (4) playing song1.MP3 (5) song02.MP3 ~ song09.MP3 add to PlayList... How to implementation... search for an existing instance when the app starts. Send a registered message with a file name to it and shutdown if found. Handle this message and add it to the current playing list if playing. -- Regards Sheng Jiang Microsoft Most Valuable Professional in Visual ...

Adding Exchange Account
I want to add an Exchange e-mail account to Outlook 2000. When i go to add an account there is no option for adding an Exchange account. It automaticly assumes i have a POP3 account. How do i get my Exchange account on it?? Thanks, Ryan You need to have Outlook installed in Corporate or Workgroup mode. THis can be done through Tools | Options | Mail Setup | Reconfigure Mail Support. Have your Office/Outlook CD handy and remember to re-apply any SPs/update for Office when finished. -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked ht...

Filling cells in between pairs of numbers
Hello all, I am trying to find an easy way to fill in cells in between pairs of numbers each of which is exactly the average of the pair's difference averaged by the number of these cells greater than the previous. So I have 1 1 2 3 4 8 5 6 7 8 20 9 10 12 13 14 15 45 I want: 1 1 2 3.333333333 3 5.666666667 4 8 5 11 6 14 7 17 8 20 9 23.57142857 10 27.14285714 11 30.71428571 12 34.28571429 13 37.85714286 14 41.42857143 15 45 I know I can do a Fill, Series, but then even with a macro that does a "control shift up fill series enter",...

Excel 2002: How to select an invoice entry ?
Hi, Let's consider the table below: A B C 1 Invoice Line code Selection 2 2010030101 18 A 3 2010030101 2 A 4 2010030102 3 B 5 2010030102 3 B 6 2010030103 18 A 7 2010030103 6 A 8 2010030104 4 B 9 2010030104 6 B 10 2010030105 ...

From field filled in
Hi and thanks in advance for this help. I am using Office 2003 with Exchange 2003. I have a second mailbox setup in my profile. When I reply to an e-mail sent to the other inbox, the From field is automatically filled in with that name. So for example, if the other inbox is "HelpDesk" and I reply to an e-mail in that inbox, the from field is automatically filled in as "HelpDesk". Hope that makes sense. Thanks!! <twytch111@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1175611189.053649.28340@q75g2000hsh.googlegroups.com... > Hi and thanks in advance for this help. I am...

Operating fill handle and moving entire cells with keyboard
Is there any way of operating the fill handle or moving entire cells/range of cells with the keyboard rather than using the mouse (drag and drop). Thanks, Tom. Tom Copy or Cut Select range Select top left corner of range. Hold Shift & press End, Arrow down or right. Copy:= Ctrl + C Cut:= Ctl + X Paste Ctl + V To Fill Down or Right Ctrl + D or ctrl + r Use Excel Help and search for keyboard shortcuts for a complete List. Regards Peter >-----Original Message----- >Is there any way of operating the fill handle or moving >entire cells/range of cells with the keyboard rathe...

Printing only selected records
Version: Access 2000 My company issues an updated telephone list monthly with hundreds of employees. So far I copy the original telephone list into a "clean" excel sheet. Then I create a linked table in my database so that my table is always updated. Table Name "TelephoneList" Goal: Create and print a report for the employees that I want. I don't need a 5 page telephone sheet. I want to be able to just check a box besides the names that I want. And of course every time the table is updated I don't want to recheck the same employees But I'm having trouble fin...

Have one fill to auto fill aother
My question is simple. I would like to have field 27 = field 25. So when someone enters the data for field 25, the same data auto populated in field 27. Any help is appreciated! Kaylen, In the CotrolSource for Field 27 type... =[field 25] ....assuming of that you are talking about a form in Microsoft Access or did you mean to post this question in the Excel newsgroup? -- Gina Whipp "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors II http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm "Kaylen" <Kaylen@discussions....

Colours changing in the fill palette and the spreadsheet?
Hi I have a user with Office 2003, and her pc and build is standard as with her colleagues. In Excel the colours would change (cells filled) also if the user goes to her pallette the colours have also changed. Desktop and all other applications colour are fine. The following resolutions have been tried - office detect and repair, updates, asked the user to got to the tools options and reset the pallette and this does not work. She has to log off and back in again in order to set it back to the proper colours. Again this is only affecting Excel? Any pointers? I wish to thank you in advanc...

Format options when format is selected from the top row

Filling in blank PO
Hi everybody, I have some question to you, when you create blank PO, then go to content and click Add Item you can see tw boxes. In top one there are all items from your database and in bottom one there are Items you are adding. If you reach number of rows visible in bottom window there is scroll bar comming on right hand side, and as you add more items every new ona is going to the very bottm of the list which is in invisible area. To get there and type in Qty you have to scroll down whole list every time when you add next item. I'm using most recent updates for RMS and I checked i...

Selecting row when plus is clicked
I have a form/subform that shows up as a grid of master records with plusses next to them, and when the plusses are clicked that part of the grid expands showing a subgrid with detail record. What I would like is for the selection pointer to move to that record when the plus expander is clicked. Is this possible? ...

Excel 2007
Hi to all, I'm truly a beginner with pushing excel a bit, but what I'm trying to achieve seems logical and simple enough in my mind. I've got a simple daily sales sheet that is edited at each salepoint. I've got a drop-down list of vendors in Column A sorted in a Data Validation list so that much is straight forward, another few columns of details and {price totals} at the end, such as: Company X | Details | QTY | PriceEa | PriceTotal | I'm trying to automate a result that if the Company equals {Company1} then the total in that rows {pricetotal} gets added to a particul...

How do I auto fill long col. filling blanks with last filled cell
On a large worksheet, is there a way to fill the blanks in a column with the last filled cell without using the autofill handle? My worksheet is over 2000 rows and I am hoping to find some way to mass fill the blanks in Excel. Here is a small example of what I am talking about. Thanks for any tips. S1475 201686 506456 S1888 38254 15623 56731 S9564 46321 156323 M, This ought to work... http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/usertips/tip040.htm Jim Cone San Francisco, USA http://www.realezsites.com/bus/primitivesoftware "MBBeginner" <MBBeginner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in m...

flakey "Select All" behaviour on list boxes
Win XP, Office 2003I am changing the contents of a table driving a list box and thenselecting every item in the list box. (code shown below)I am getting very flakey results with the highlighting - particularlywhen going from more items, to less - highlighting where there are norecords, the "fewer case" records are not highlighted, etc.Tried obvious things like removing all highlighting first, removingthe row source of the list box and then reapplying it.Does anyone know how to do a a really cleansing reset on a list box ?Many thanks in advanceTony Epton BuildTmpTaskDetail ...

Adding heading text to footers
Hi ! I have a multi-section document in which each section begins with a level-1 header. I need the level-1 heading text for each section to be in the footer. I'm currently doing it the hard way by manually inserting cross-references in the odd-page and even-page footers of each section. The problem with this is that if I make any changes (insert or delete section breaks), my cross-references break or point to the heading text from another section. Is there any way to automate this by creating a variable that could be in all the footers and call the level-1 heading text f...

fill colors
I cannot view any fill color, no matter if it is in a text box or object. I can see the colors if I perform a print preview. If I email the same object the color does not show either. I have checked to see if the transparency is turned up and it is not. What is wrong? Thanks, Gary Can you send the email to me? Check your printer setup to be sure you have color selected. gsauer at columbus dot rr dot com -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "joy filters" <joy filters@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in m...

Select Case in a Change Event

Picture Fill
Ok, here's the deal. I am making a pennant and need to fill it with a logo. However, I can fill the pennant shape, but I want the logo in it to start big and get smaller with the pennant. Any suggestions. If you know how to just make a picture go from bigger to smaller, that would work as well. Thanks! -- Cgrant What format is the logo? If it is a bitmap... Select the logo, click the dog icon, click Edit wrap points, move the edit points in to pennant shape, pull out just the pointy end. I know how to do this, explaining it is tough. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.micro...

HELP:user-fill in form
I need a excel-file with 2 tabs. In the first tab It must be able to fill a week nr. And then som other values. Then that values must automattically filled in, in Tab2 in the righ column of that week. If you can help me, please reply !!! Thanks in advance, Stif -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You weren't very specific as to if this is from one cell on sheet1 or for all cells in a column. In any event, you can use a worksheet_change event on a worksheet module to this sort of thing. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Stift >" <<S...