Files with "xla" extentions

How to stop files with the "xla" from trying to load? After deleting the
files Excel gives an error messeage when it can't find the file.
0
thorviag (1)

Hi

Tools>Add-ins

Click on the Add-in and Excel will ask you if you want to delete it.

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"thorviag" <thorviag@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A6D742DD-D1DE-4B78-9BCD-F0138CB70E0B@microsoft.com...
> How to stop files with the "xla" from trying to load? After deleting the
> files Excel gives an error messeage when it can't find the file.

0
rondebruin (3789)
12/6/2004 5:55:29 PM
Tools>addins and uncheck them. If you don't know which it is, uncheck
all and then add one by one and close and restart excel in-between until you
get the error messages again, then you know which it is

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"thorviag" wrote:

> How to stop files with the "xla" from trying to load? After deleting the
> files Excel gives an error messeage when it can't find the file.
0
PeoSjoblom (789)

macro error in cell reference in the AUTOSAVE.XLA
I have a user who is using Excel 2000 that when he starts up Excel it comes up saying that there is a macro error in cell reference in the AUTOSAVE.XLA. Will replacing this file resolve this or is it caused by something else. Cheers, Dion Pauls Lots of people are using autosave.xla in xl2k without problems. It shouldn't hurt to delete that file and reinstall it from the distribution CD. Dion Pauls wrote: > > I have a user who is using Excel 2000 that when he starts > up Excel it comes up saying that there is a macro error > in cell reference in the AUTOSAVE.XLA. >...

Creating XLA Files
Hello, I've been working away creating functions in my personal.xls file, but I'd like to share these functions with my team members. Would it be best to just send my personal.xls around and have them put it into their XLSTART folder, or should I create an XLA. Also, I'm assuming that you must compile an XLA, can you do this with what comes with Office 2003 or do I need to install VisualStudio? If that's the case, would someone please point me to the documentation? I have been looking on MSDN, but its hard when I'm not sure what I'm looking for. Cheers, You ca...

How to allocate the XLODBC.XLA software?
Hi! Pls help to allocate the XLODBC.XLA. Where I can find it? Thanks ...

SBFM40.xla
I receive an error every time I open excel by selecting a file, It says it is unable to find C\windows\system32 \sbfm40.xla .... what is this file and where can i find it. I do NOT receive an error message when i open excel then select the file from within the program. Hi sounds like you have installed an addin. One way to get rid of this mseesgae: - goto 'Tools - addins'- - locate this addin and try to check it. Excel will then ask you if you want to remove this entry. Confirm this and done! -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Remi" <anonymous@discussions.mic...

File DMEODMA.xla not found...
Hi guys, When I try and open a file in Excel, using File -> Open, I get the following message... "The file DMEODMA.xla not found." The open file dialogue does not appear so I can't open a file. Strangely though, if I click the "open" button on the toolbar the open dialogue comes up okay and I can open a file. Also, if I open an Excel file by double clicking on it in Windows Explorer, Excel opens okay and so does the file. This is not really stopping me from working as I can open files by clicking on the "open" button on the toolbar but it is bugging m...

Locked out of .xla
Hello Gurus and newsgroup users. I have managed to lock myself out of a .xla workbook. This was not through password protection but through writing VBA code. I was working on a If..elseif statement also using offsets. I clicked on a cell the sheet started to look as thought it was in some kind of loop then it throw me out. When I have tried to go back into the workbook, Excel hangs and the Task Manager informs me that Excel is no longer responding. Can I open Excel but stop any code from activating. Many thank Paul Never have done this but holding down the shift key when startin...

Why is Excel attemping to load funcres.xla twice?
I reloaded excel when I changed systems and for sone unknown reason funcres.xla tries to load a second time. the error message "funcres already loaded do you want to load it again?. I select no and it goes on to load everything else as it should. Any ideas. I can't find anywhere that it is being called again. Hi Norm Do you have it also in your startup folder ? C:\Documents and Settings\Ron\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART This is the normal place for the add-in that is used in Tools>Add-ins C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\Library\Analysis -- Regards Ro...

xla
What is an xla file and what is it used for? Hi It's an add-in, an Excel workbook with no visible worksheets. Addins are used to store special functions, template sheets, macro code and/or custom userforms for use in "any excel file". It provides Excel with extra power or with business-spesific utilities. The visible part of add-ins is usually an extra toolbar or new/extra menu items. -- HTH. Best wishes Harald Followup to newsgroup only please "Edwin Merced" <edwinmerced@coqui.net> skrev i melding news:uZAgDYGpDHA.3688@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > What is a...

Re: Save xla as xls?
I have an addin which has a couple of worksheets and a code module a the basis of a new file. I would like the addin to save these 3 items as a new file but when use something like... ThisWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:="BalanceSheet.xls" FileFormat:=xlWorkbookNormal It saves the file as an xls fine but retains the property... IsAddin = True Can I set this to false when saving or does it have to be done anothe way? Rgds, Matt -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You can do something like this: ThisWorkbook.IsAddin = False ThisWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:="BalanceSh...

Files with "xla" extentions
How to stop files with the "xla" from trying to load? After deleting the files Excel gives an error messeage when it can't find the file. Hi Tools>Add-ins Click on the Add-in and Excel will ask you if you want to delete it. -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "thorviag" <thorviag@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A6D742DD-D1DE-4B78-9BCD-F0138CB70E0B@microsoft.com... > How to stop files with the "xla" from trying to load? After deleting the > files Excel gives an error messeage when it can't find the file. ...

UDF's, XLA's and #NAME!
I initially developed some UDF's in an XLS, which was used for testing. All was fine. An XLA was then created with these UDF's. In a new XLS, these UDF's also work fine. But in the original XLS used for development I removed the UDF's from the XLS, expecting that Excel would find the UDF's in the XLA. But references to any of these UDF's produces #NAME!. If I qualify the reference with "NameOfXLA.xla!MyUDF()" it then works. BUT, Excel removes the "NameOfXLA.xla!" from the formula (I guess because the name MyUDF is unique so it's not...

compare.xla utility
I found the compare utility via some archives out here. This place is the BEST in terms of answering questions. The utility is from the website...http://www.cpearson.com/excel/whatsnew.htm My question is this. Where can I put this utility, macro, so that it is available all the time within Excel??? Every time I want to use it, I have to re-open it. I'd LOVE it if the "Compare Worksheets" option existed under the Tools all the time. Let me know. Thanks! hi This is add-in and you can do this to open it each time youy open Excel Tools>Add-ins Browse to the xla Ok Mark ...

How to send a self installing .xla within a .xls workbook application
Hello All I want to deploy a .xla application to the end users about 80 people. I have built a .xls based Excel VBA application that uses the .xla. The .xla is a 3rd party application. When I send my .xls Excel VBA custom application I want to send the .xla alongwith the same. I have tried several things like OLE embedding the .XLA in the .xls it does not work. Wondering what is the best way I can send the .xla application with the .xls Excel Workbook application so when users press the Install button or whatever on the custom .xls application it must be able to extract the .xla and put it in...

xla files...
how i can see the source code of .xla files ? for example Xlodbc.xla file... thanks... You may stumble on someone that knows the password, but I suspect you will be out of luck here -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "MazingerZ" <marioz@vtr.net> wrote in message news:OnXaHVxaFHA.3808@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > how i can see the source code of .xla files ? > for example Xlodbc.xla file... > > thanks... > ...

Open Add-In (.xla) workbook as Read Only automatically
I have an Add_In workbook that is refrenced by another workbook (MyWorkbook.xls). When users open MyWorkbook that Add-In opens hidden behind the scenes. I'd like to have the Add-In automatically open as Read Only instead of being prompted for a password or click Read Only, is this possible? Currently, the user has to click Read Only because I have it saved as needing a password to modify. Thanks In Advance!! -- Cheers, Ryan Instead of a password to modify, why not set the file's properties to read-only in Windows Explorer (select the file >> right-click &g...

Macro -->shared.xls --> .xla add-in --> now not in macro list
Hi: I want to make a macro available to all workbooks. Placing it in xlstart doesn't work because it's not loaded if you open an existing workbook xls file, only when you "start" Excel 2003 (clean workbook). So I placed the code in a blank workbook, saved it as an add-in .xla in the add-ins folder, and now it appears available as an add-in to all workbooks, including specifically existing workbooks. Only problem is, it's not listed in the Tools | Macros list anymore, so now how do I invoke it? It's not a function, it's a sub that performs string conversions on...

FUNCRES.XLA file lost
Hello Excel users and Experts, Excel 2002 SP3 I am running AVG free edition and Norton Antivirus. (I don't know what AVG is but it was installed by a computer friend of my wife on her and my computer...while I was in Alaska. For whatever that's worth) I get a message that a file named Funcres is infected and do I want to delete it, so without much thought I deleted it. Now when I open Excel I get a message: 'C\Program Files\MSoffice\Office10\library\Analysis\Funcres.xla' cannot be found, check spelling, may be deleted... etc. Also, I now remember seeing a Funcres so...

Problems copying XLA file
In MAIN.XLS I check to see if the MACRO.XLA file on a network drive is more up to date than the file in Application.UserLibraryPath. If it is more up to date, I want to update / copy over the old file in user lib. If I attempt to copy the XLA and it is currently open, I get an Error = 70 (Permission denied) on the source of the copy. So I added a macro to the XLA (Force_Close_XLA) which simply closes the XLA. BUT when I do this the sub routine in MAIN.XLS ends following the execution of Force_Close_XLA. Is it possible to copy an open file or retain contol in MAIN.XLS? MACRO.XLA: Sub ...

FUNCRES.XLA
hi, when opening MS Excel I always get an pop-up question saying: "The file FUNCRES.XLA is already opened. If u open it, you will delete all changes, that have been made by last usage. Do you want to open the file FUNCRES.XLA again?" then when I click yes or no, there is no change, next time, the pop-up appears again. how can I obey this pop-up? pls repsond 2: janov@pentafinance.cz many thanx 4 help. jj -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com Hi Jozef, Do you have a file (such as Personal.xls) that is trying to open FUNCRES.xla independently (in code)? -- HTH RP (r...

Xlquery.xla missing
Hi anyone! I try to create a Excel query that link to Access database. There is an error that keep pop up like "Libary\Msquery\Xlquery.xls could not found" Do you how to fix the problem. Thanks Ngan ...

Is there any doc to tell the change/difference of html.xla in Exce
I have problem when using running the Excel-2002 Marco to generate a HTML report OfficeXP environment. The problem was temporarily solved by replacing the html.xla from Excel 97 overwrite the one from Excel XP Run-time error '1004': The macro 'DoHTMLCommand' cannot be found Is there any doc to tell the change/difference of html.xla in Excel 97 ? so I can check if the function call is changed ? ...

funcres.xla
When openning excel, I now get a message that funcres.xla is not in right place or gone. What do I do? It did not use to do this. Hi Fritzj! This is one of the Analysis ToolPak files. Try a change of options from the installation CDROM making sure that you select the Analysis ToolPak. Or someone might have moved the file. Do a file search for it and put it in the Library folder of (probably) C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office/Office (exact address varies with versions and perhaps unusual installation choices). -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optus...

cannot close, open, save workbook. get message "file GWXL97.xla c.
When trying to open, close or save an excel workbook an error message appears "file GWXL97.xla could not be found". The only way I can exit excel is clicking on the "x" in the upper right corner. Office 2000 Hi in Excel goto 'Tools - addins' and remove this addin -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany ttarver wrote: > When trying to open, close or save an excel workbook an error message > appears "file GWXL97.xla could not be found". The only way I can > exit excel is clicking on the "x" in the upper right corner. Office > ...

IDMXL8.xla
I've seen lots of posts regarding this file missing when the user trying to save the Excel Spreadsheet. I've been having the same problem and tried to search for IDM on my hard drive and found out it may have been causing due to some file left by 'Filenet Report Manager' Software. There is no mention on Filenet website for this but would probably check with my support guys. solution is still the same 'Reset Toolbars' ...

Template Wizard with Data Tracking (wztemplt.xla) Path
We moved a Excel template utilizing the Template Wizard with Data Tracking (wztemplt.xla) add-in to a new server. We where able to update the database path in the Excel template, but now I'm wondering how I change the path in the Excel Spreadsheets created by this template. Where does the wztemplt.xla (3424.xls) store the database path information? Thank You! Dick Kusleika answered a similar question a couple of days ago. Perhaps his advice will help you: http://groups.google.com/groups?&threadm=%23eJpWGnCDHA.33376%40TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl Just_Buy wrote: > We moved a Excel t...