File is too big...

Hello,

I have a report that I am going to run every morning that
has a lot of formulas.  The document 800kb so before I e-
mail it I copy and Paste special to get rid of all of the
formulas.  Even though I have done this the document size
stays the same.  I do this with a few other reports so I
find it a bit strange.  I have even completely emptied the
report of all numbers and checked the size, still 800kb???
I have pasted everything then into note pad and a lot of
weird stuff showed up.

Any ideas?

Thx,

Denise
0
anonymous (74722)

try this and save to a different name to test.

Sub DeleteUnused() 'Debra Dalgleish
Dim myLastRow As Long
Dim myLastCol As Long
Dim wks As Worksheet
Dim dummyRng As Range

For Each wks In ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets
  With wks
    myLastRow = 0
    myLastCol = 0
    Set dummyRng = .UsedRange
    On Error Resume Next
    myLastRow = _
      .Cells.Find("*", after:=.Cells(1), _
        LookIn:=xlFormulas, lookat:=xlWhole, _
        searchdirection:=xlPrevious, _
        searchorder:=xlByRows).Row
    myLastCol = _
      .Cells.Find("*", after:=.Cells(1), _
        LookIn:=xlFormulas, lookat:=xlWhole, _
        searchdirection:=xlPrevious, _
        searchorder:=xlByColumns).Column
    On Error GoTo 0

    If myLastRow * myLastCol = 0 Then
        .Columns.Delete
    Else
        .Range(.Cells(myLastRow + 1, 1), _
        .Cells(.Rows.Count, 1)).EntireRow.Delete
        .Range(.Cells(1, myLastCol + 1), _
        .Cells(1, .Columns.Count)).EntireColumn.Delete
    End If
  End With
Next wks
End Sub

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"Denise B" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I have a report that I am going to run every morning that
> has a lot of formulas.  The document 800kb so before I e-
> mail it I copy and Paste special to get rid of all of the
> formulas.  Even though I have done this the document size
> stays the same.  I do this with a few other reports so I
> find it a bit strange.  I have even completely emptied the
> report of all numbers and checked the size, still 800kb???
> I have pasted everything then into note pad and a lot of
> weird stuff showed up.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thx,
>
> Denise

0
Don
6/3/2004 9:40:50 PM
Hi,

you may want to visit this site for help:

jeff

0
anonymous (74722)
6/3/2004 9:52:28 PM
Hmmm,

Check for the last selected cell
Ctrl+Shift+End
You can then see where you are. I received a 4mb file
recently and did this action. It took me to the 60,000th
row but the worksheet had only 2 rows of data. The sender
must have deleted data but did not "clear all formats" to
get rid of the formatting of the cells.
This might be your problem too.

Mark

0
anonymous (74722)

File locked for opening
I'm sure I've seen this before, but my memory is failing ;-) For the last two days, a worksheet that I use constantly opens with the "File is locked for use by TA" message, and the usual dialoge box about opening as Read-Only, Notify, etc. Although I'm networked, AFAIK, I'm the only one with access to this file (and yes, it's on my own machine). Anyway, I opened it Read-Only and saved it with the same filename in another folder. So far, so good. This morning I opened the "new" file, and got the same "File locked" message. Also, when I activat...

Error opening XLS file.
Hi group, I don�t konw if it�s a bug, or some wrong configuration, but while trying to open an attachment on Entourage 2004, it just does not open. So, to fix it, i�ve save the attachment on any folder, then open the attachment from the e-mail (that�s really strange, but that�s how it worked). Is there any fix to it? or something i�ve been doing wrong? Sorry for this newsbye question! Thanks, Rodolfo Fontes Just by the way, it's "newbie" for someone who is new, inexperienced, etc. :) What does happen when you double-click on the attachment in Entourage? I assume you ar...

GP8.0
Hi, one of the user was posting a purchase receipt when its computer crashed. this cause and issue because now each time we go to the PURCHASE ORDER DOCUMENT INQUIRY screen, we get a PRIMARY KEY VIOLATION error [Microsoft]ODBC Sql Server Driver SQL SERVER Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint PK##0300334. Cannot insert duplicate key in object dbo.##0300334. then it says : the stored procedure popSelectPoDocumentInquiry returned the following results : DBMS: 2627, Great Plains:0. i narrowed it down and i figured out that the Purchase receipt is showing in both POP10600 and POP30300 w...

How to convert eml file to msg file using vc++
Dear Experts , I am developing an application that need to converts eml file to msg file using VC++ 6.0 Right now i am using redemption.dll for this conversion and it works fine . My problem is when Microsoft OutLook is configured with Exchange then while converting application ask for username / password . But it never ask for login if the account is POP3 . ////////////////////////////////////// CODE : ///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// ::CoInitialize(NULL); Redemption::ISafeMailItemPtr pMailItem("Redemption.SafeMailItem"); ...

Cannot open files directly
Hi All, I just want to ask for help regarding this problem i had with excel files. Everytime i open a file directly by double-clicking the file name, the excel application opens but it doesn't show the file, you have to use the OPEN from the file menu to be able to open the file. The "Ignore other applications" from the general tab of the Tool menu is already unchecked. what else could be the problem with the application? appreciate any help. thanks. regards, yuki Hi yuki This are the usual things to fix this Tools>Options>General uncheck "Ignore oth...

No Personal Folder Files are currently open
Yesterday, I exported my contacts from Outlook 2003 to use on another PC. This export worked fine. Since then (may just be coindidence), when I try and back up my personal file using Outlook Personal Folders Backup, the "save backup" button is blank and clicking on options gives the legend "No Personal Folder files are currently open" The last succesful backup was 3 February at 22:36. Well, the Outlook file must be open as all e mail, calendar, contacts, tasks & notes are available and working. I do however have a "Personal Folders" listed at...

Getting IIS to recognize OFT files?
Our intranet server (IIS) died a few weeks ago so we had to get a new one and migrate everything over. It all seemed to transfer just fine except for one issue...any link to an .oft file sitting on the server returns a 'page not found' error. I realize this is likely a IIS issue moreso than outlook, but thought I'd post in here as well just in case anyone else has heard of this issue. Any thoughts on what might be going on? -Darrel it's a configuration problem on iis - the guys in the iis groups will be able to help but they will need to know if the link a network pa...

Cannot play the file
I get this error in Windows Media Player when trying to run a playlist made of .jpegs - after some try I found the problem is the .jpgs size being 4000x3000 pixel, the memory size being about 3MB, while all is ok with another group of jpegs sized 3MB too but with 2800x2100 pixels. The first group comes from digital photos taken with the setting "12MB normal resolution" while the second group has been taken by setting "6MB fine resolution". Is there some option to set to bypass this error? il barbi ...

Integrating file\folder
Is it possible to integrate the file/folder browser into an Access 2003 form? I can show the file dialog with code, but I'd like to stay on the form. -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. Sure Initiate the browse from a command button and store the resulting selection in a text box on the form Regards Kevin "Peter Foldes" <okf22@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uhwEN3vaKHA.3668@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Is it possible to integrate the file/folde...

Export File To FoxPro DBF?
Hi, I am interested in knowing what versions of Outlook are capable of exporting Contacts to a FoxPro .DBF file format? Thanks Wilson I'm not sure if any can. You can export to an Access DB or delimited file then import to FoxPro, though "Wilson Pye" <wilsonpye@comcast.net> wrote in message news:xd6dnTqC3a3XAF_eRVn-vQ@comcast.com... > Hi, > > I am interested in knowing what versions of Outlook are capable of > exporting > Contacts to a FoxPro .DBF file format? ...

missing files
anyone else lose all (over 200) their excel files in the past 12 hours ? ...

Corrupt File, Help with Possible Solution
We have an Access file that we believe is corrupt. The Access file contains one table with 21 records and one form that shows all the fields in the table. We can open the file, but when we open the table, Access crashes instantly (it says Access has to close and do we want to send an error report, no error message more descriptive than that I'm afraid). A box then opens asking if we want to make a backup of the database - if we try this, Access crashes again in the same way. If we open the form, we can view the all of the records up to the 20th record. If we try to move on...

How to open registry file both ASCII and Unicode versions
Hi, In my program i need to open a windows registry export file (both older ASCII REGEDIT4 and unicode regedit 5 formats) and parse the file for my programs requirements. The project is not and cannot be built as unicode (for other reasons). Once the file is opened I need to parse the file, read keys + values etc... Question is how do i do this? I have used CStdioFile, open as typeBinary and then fgetws(wcBuffer, nMax, importFile.m_pStream) Which works for unicode files, but how do i test whether a file is ASCII or Unicode in the first place? Any help would be much appreaciated, T...

Why does Outlook keep connecting to my archive PST file?
I'm trying to offload some messages in my Outlook Personal Folder. I exported a folder as an ARCHIVE .pst file. In outlook, it said the folder was 300mb. It seemed to run quite a while but finally the PST file stopped incremeting in size at around 700mb. I let it sit for a while and after it didn't increment anymore, I quite Outlook and the archive.pst.tmp file dissappeared. Now every time I launch Outlook, it creates a new '~archive.pst.tmp' file in the same directory as my archive.pst file. Why does it do that? Should I be concerned? Can I now move this archive.pst f...

Recovering emails from .ost files
A network server has broken but there is a file "outlook.ost" on my local computer. Does this file hold copies of my emails? How can I read them, please? -- Kevin Yes, it does. Log on to Outlook in offline mode (on the General tab of Control Panel > Mail. set "When starting" to "Manually control connection state" and check "choose the connection type when starting. Then you will see the mails if offline access was enabled before the server went down. (you could check date stamp and file size to figure out, whether the .ost file was actually in use...

Migrating Outlook files
Two problems seem to be happening after moving my Outlook files to a new computer. I've moved the Outlook.pst file, as well as Outcmd.dat, and files such as .nk2, .fav, etc from the Outlook directory. (Outlook 2002, Windows 2000). 1- All my contacts show up fine, but if I click on address book, it doesn't find any. I searched my (old) computer for any .pab files, but none seem to exist. How can I either move my address book, or get Outlook to recognize my contacts as my address book? 2- I'm still trying to find a way to move my email accounts to the new computer. I hav...

Word macro to save files as .txt
Would like to strip formatting from large group of small files and save as text files. Can a Word 2003 macro be created that will take a folder of small .docs and save all .docs as .txt files. If so, how can this be done? If not, is there some other method that can be used to automate this task. Ultimately, would like to concatenate all .txt files into one large file and use in another program - not word processing program. Thanks You could modify the macro in the article "Find & ReplaceAll on a batch of documents in the same folder” at: http://www.word.mvps.org/...

Can't open old files
My mother has some files created with an older version of Publisher (she doesn't remember which one). She is now using Publisher 2003 and it will not open them. A search of this discussion forum revealed a solution to this problem having to do with Norton Anti-virus; she does not have NAV but instead runs Symantec Anti-virus Corporate Edition, which has no Office plugin as NAV does. I think she should go to Symantec and inquire. There are many support documents and discussions about Windows XP service pack 2. Does she have a script blocking option? http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/ ...

E000000*.log files
I have an awful lot of these files in c:\program files\exchsrvr\mdbdata\ Can I simply delete them? No - Do a full Exchange Aware backup (such as NTBackup) and it will remove them. -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm "Hades" <no@spam.ta> wrote in message news:40333f6b$0$7066$ed9e5944@reading.news.pipex.net...

Images do not display in signature file for new emails
I created a SIGNATURE file to automatically be included in all NEW EMAILS I create. I have an IMAGE (Clipart) that I have embedded in the signature, but it will not display. I AM able to see images in my email. I can MANUALLY insert the image and it displays fine. When I look at the properties for the placeholder for where the image should display (there is a rectangular box with a RED X), Outlook is trying to load the image from a folder in the Documents and Settings/"user name"/Application Data/Microsoft/Signatures//"user name"_files folder. The file IS THERE,...

How to have exchange point to a different priv1.edb file
Exchange let's use move *.edb files to a different location. But I'm trying to find a way to have exchange point to a different *.edb file located on a snapshot. Is there a way to do this? Thanks. On Thu, 5 Oct 2006 21:38:01 -0700, Han <Han@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >Exchange let's use move *.edb files to a different location. But I'm trying >to find a way to have exchange point to a different *.edb file located on a >snapshot. Is there a way to do this? > >Thanks. Oh, and who's snapshots are we talking about? You're not a ...

Empty Cells Causing Huge File Size
Hi I do not know what I did, but one of my excel sheet seem to have a lot of "empty" cells which doesn't seem to go away, ie, it is causing the scrollbar to become very thin vertically. I tried doing a Ctrl+Down Arrow to go to the last row of excel then select all rows beneath my data, then I tried delete rows, clear format, clear contents and all don't work 1) What caused this 2) How do I salvage this Thanks! Dolphinv, Most of the time it is caused by (temporarely) entering something in a cell "far away" from your real datacells or formatting such a cell. Go...

Displaying File Timestamp of Another Excel File
I have a link from an external Excel file displaying data within my (current) Excel file. To make sure I am pulling the latest version of the data and displaying the timestamp of that latest data, is there a way to display the timestamp of that external file within my (current) spreadsheet? Many thanks.... ...

pst file on a jump drive
Greetings all, I keep a pst with essential info on a USB jump drive that I can take with me and just plug in, wherever I'm working. A problem I run into is when I want to remove the jump drive. Even after I close the pst from within Outlook (2000 and/or 2003), Outlook still maintains a file lock on the file. Why does Outlook do this? Thanks, Larry Some common reasons why Outlook will not shut down completely when you click either the X or Exit: 1. PDA synchronization software with your PDA in the cradle. 2. WinFax Pro (especially 10.02 in Outlook 2003) - contact their support ...

"Unable to Read File" #2
I experienced a first-time problem this morning when trying to open an existing XL document from XL 2002. Upon an attempt to open, the dialog box "Unable to Read File" immediately popped up. I've tried many files and they all won't open. As I have network access, I've tried opening public directory files from other machines and had no problems at all. I found a document of limited help "812384 - XL 2002" in the Microsoft Knowledge Base, but it doesn't say where to download a fix or get a patch from. The link provide is generic and not directly of...