Failure to lanch Excel of Office 97

I installed an English version of Office 97 sp2b in a Chinese Windows XP
Pro. All components are working correctly except Excel. When I open Excel,
the system asks me to close down due to error. The error message was
incorrect signature: AppName: excel.exe, AppVer: 8.0.1.5618, ModName:
vba332.dll,ModVer 3.0.0.7019, Offset: 000b66ff. I reinstalled several times
without success. Actually, it worked correctly when I used it in my old
computer running Chinese Windows ME. Can someone tell me the possible bugs
and fixes

Thanks,

Ray

0
Ray282828 (3)

Outlook 97 email address missing
EMail addresses not showing at repeint end..mail sent through outlook97 to atleast 14 addresses marking them in to field. ...

Excel Woes
Hi folks, I'd appreciate some help with my excel settings. Seems something happened ??hmmm, and now I cannot just double or single click on an excel icon and have itopen the workbook. It opens excel but it is blank with no workbook. I have to manually move to a folder and open from within excell to have a workbook open and see worksheets. HELP please! Thanks, larry See one answer in misc -- HTH Sandy In Perth, the ancient capital of Scotland sandymann2@mailinator.com Replace@mailinator.com with @tiscali.co.uk "Larry" <larry0jackson@gmail.com> wrote in message ne...

How do I put a list of names and e-mail addresses in excel so tha.
I have a list of names and e-mail addresses in excel that I would like to import into my contacts of outlook. I tried the wizard, but it says that the excel file has no named ranges. Tried adding names, but I just don't understand what it is talking about. Any help? To create a named range: Select all the cells that contain names and emails Then, Insert | Name | Define In the box below "Names in workbook:", type the you want to use name (The name should not contain spaces) Click Okay. tj "trav" wrote: > I have a list of names and e-mail addresses in excel t...

Button for subscript and superscript in Excel
I'd like to be able to add a button for superscript and subscript formatting to the toolbar easily in Excel, like can be done in Word and Powerpoint. Maybe there is a way built into Excel that I haven't found yet, and I assume it can be done with Macros, but I am not familiar with them. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft W...

Number of dropdown fields in Excel is limited. I need more. How?
I need some thousand dropdown fields (via validation function) in Excel. But if I input too many fields I can't save the file. Seems the number of dropdown fields is limited. How can I enlarge the number of allowed dropdown fields? Can I change the setup anyway? How can a user view/use/comprehend anything more than a dozen or so dropdowns ?? If the second dropdown depends on the user's selection in the first dropdown, then see the advice offered here http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1759,1585456,00.asp "UweVahrson" wrote: > I need some thousand dropdown fields (...

graphs and multiple sheet workbooks, Excel 97
is it possible to create a scatter diagram (or other graph) using the same particular cell on each of several sheets in a workbook? Liz - Without processing the data, this only works if each point is to be its own data series. This isn't very likely or convenient. You can use formulas to get that data onto the same sheet, as shown in this web page: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ChartFromDiffSheets.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ liz wrote: > is it possi...

communication failure
I am receiving a Microsoft exchange directory ID: no: DS_E_COMMUNICATIONS_PROBLEM when trying to open an inbox. Make sure the Exchange services are started. ...

Excel 2000-percentage
Does anyone know how to take an previously existing excel spreadsheet with numbers in it and increase the numbers by a percent and end up with a new number in the cell?? Thank you in advance.. Larry, Steps: 1) go to a separate cell and enter your value increase...say 1.05 (for a 5% increase) 2) Copy 3) Select the cells you want to increase 4) Paste Special Operation Multiply That should assist you. Kevin "Larry" <computerbiz@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:03dd01c37d59$ca9f1350$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know how to take an previously existing excel > spr...

Excel 2003 #7
I have formatted my cells to auto-fit and wrap. There are no merged cells. There are formulas in the cells that return text depending on the if statement. When the if statement returns "true" and picks up the text, it doesn't wrap in the cell. It ends up being a long string. -- Deb I don't see what you are seeing. On my computer, the wrap is there but the autofit is NOT automatic. -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200804 "Deb" wrote: > I have formatted my cells to auto-fit and wrap. There are no merged cells. > There are formulas in the cells th...

keeping an auto shape or text box visible in an excel chart
I am clicking in my chart and then adding either an auto shape or text box. When I click out of my chart, the text box or auto shape will disappear. I am in the chart when I create the text box, not in the workbook. The one i inserted at the begining of the chart will remain but as you move further out (it is a daily chart) the text boxes disappear. ...

Excel question...
I've got a monthly report that I have to run, based off of data coming from a Unix server via Simba Serv. Once I have the data, I've got formulas I run-one column plus or divided by another column equals data I enter in a new column & so-on. My question is can I automate this & if so, how? Macros? VB Script? Looking for a nudge in the right direction. Thanks in advance- Hi the best way may be to start with recording a macro whilde doing this manually (goto 'Tools - Macros - Record macro). After this have a look at the created code and clean it up. A good starting point ...

Required fields in Excel
I'm brand new to using VB. I have been playing around with setting up required fields in Excel. I was lucky to find a post with the following code: Private Sub Workbook_BeforeSave(ByVal SaveAsUI As Boolean, Cancel As Boolean) If Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A2").Value = "" Then Cancel = True MsgBox "Please Fill-In A2" End If End Sub I have tested this and it works fine. This basically ensures that excel can't be saved unless the specified cells are filled in. Now for a really stupid question. How do I save this script to the excel workbook so ...

DHCP failure
Hi, Currently we have a DHCP service installed on a DC. This issues Ip's until 10.10.250.100 (from .1) I want to install DHCP service on another server that will issue Ip's from 10.10.240.101 to say 10.10.250.150. Is their anything else I need to be aware of? Thanks Hello biren, Assuming that the x.240.x.x is a typo, no. You have to make sure, as already done, that they didn't overlap or configure it according to: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc780311(WS.10).aspx Doesn't matter if you use 80/20 or 50/50. Best regards Meinolf Weber ...

Customer Source failure
Has anyone else had problems viewing the tax updates, service packs and just about everything else on CS? I have had a ticket open with MS for more that 2 weeks and they still cannot resolve the problem. They say they are aware of the problem, and even told me it was fixed once (it was not). I pay a fair amout of $ in maintenance not to be abe to access these documents and updates. Whats the deal? ...

Linking Excel and Word Documents
For some reason, I can't figure out how to link a cell in a MS Word table to a corresponding field in MS Excel, and the cell in Word update automatically whenever I open that particular document, reflecting any changes in the Excel file prior to that. Is this even possible? How? -Sam Sam Elowitch Office v. X Hi Sam, You're on the right track. Yes, it is possible, but it involves some work. I think I should write a tutorial about this because a lot of questions about linking have been coming up in the newsgroups. There are several ways to accomplish your goal. I'll only descr...

Excel Sub
sub Excell do this end sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Fran Bradley" <fbyaright@comcast.net> wrote in message news:ejroFm20EHA.1652@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > > ...

animated / motion / chart Excel
Hi, Is there any way to animate animate charts in Excel 2007. I have yearly series (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011) For example I would like that the chart being displayed would change with the year. Is there the possibility to do this inside of Excel? Using a macro (if there's a possibility without a a macro the better). Thank you, Cheers, Hugo Hi, There are a number of ways to do this but we need more info, show us a sample of the data layout. -- Thanks, Shane Devenshire "hcacote@gmail.com" wrote: > Hi, > > Is there any way to animate animate charts in Excel 2007...

Windows Vista/Windows XP Application Load Failure
Hello, I seem to be having an issue with Visual Studio 2005 Professional on Windows Vista Ultimate. It seems to me that whenever I build an MFC application (which contains several DLLs and an exe), the application runs beautifully on Windows Vista (e.g. my development machine). However, when I attempt to run it on Windows XP I essentially get a failure to load DLL/Merge Module issue. Upon inspection of the event viewer on XP I see the following error as being logged: Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC80.CRT could not be found and Last Error was The reference assembly is not installed o...

fractions in excel
i want to imput fractions in excel but i dont want excel to simplify them is this possible? because im trying to input 2/60 and it changes it to 1/30...how do i cancel this process??? -- pakipaki ------------------------------------------------------------------------ pakipaki's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27381 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=469050 First format the cells as text. ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "pakipaki" <pakipaki.1vmxia_1127181906.8275@excelforum-nospam.com...

rules to move delivery receipts \ failure notifications
Hi, is it possible to move, redirect of autoforward delievery receipt emails? We have a custom app that sends out mail and all replies, including delivery receipts, undeliverables etc.. come back to an exchang inbox. The exchange inbox, needs to re-disperse the delivery reciepts or failuresin to a corresponding public folder. It seems that the delivery receipts in most cases come up as a different message class, (Report.IPM.Note.DR), others come up as regular messages (IPM.Note). It appears that rules don't work on the Report.IPM.Note.DR ones...Has anyone ever seen this or know...

Excel 2002 opens fine but Excel 2003 "File error: data may have been lost."
I have a spread sheet that's about 10MB large. I try converting it to a .XML spreadsheet from a computer running Excel 2002, but during the conversion it crashes. Any suggestions? ...

CInternetSession Assertion Failure #2
Hi! I'm a biginner c++ programmer that needs help. Here is my code: #include <AfxInet.h> int main() { CInternetSession mySession; return 0; } This program compiles fine but ouputs the following output error: "Debug Assertion Failed! Program: C:\WebSearcher\Debug\play_around1.exe File: afxwin1.inl Line: 27 When I take a look at afxwin1.inl, the problem originates from the following lines: // Inlines for AFXWIN.H (part 1) #ifdef _AFXWIN_INLINE // Global helper functions _AFXWIN_INLINE LPCTSTR AFXAPI AfxGetAppName() { ASSERT(afxCurrentAppName != NULL); return afxCurr...

How do I count several non-numerical values in Excel?
I am trying to create a formula to add the number of \ and L in a row. It seems simple but COUNT does not seem to want to do it. Help please!!! =COUNTIF(A4:F4,"\")+COUNTIF(A4:F4,"L") Change the ranges to suit your situation........... Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "Yuccaman" <Yuccaman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3D6983C4-05FC-4C3B-8C6D-46CC98D75215@microsoft.com... > I am trying to create a formula to add the number of \ and L in a row. It > seems simple but COUNT does not seem to want to do it. Help please!!! ...

Is there a template for legislative tracking in excel?
Something easily manipulated to make charts of activities. Tracking something for a campaign. Thanks, Liz ...

Using an Excel Sheet in a custom outlook form
I designed a form in Outlook 2003 and inserted an excel sheet in it with a bunch of formulas in it. Everything works fine except for a LOOKUP function. The same lookup function works in an excel spreadsheet outside the form, but does not work in the form. It gives an error that says the formula you types contains an error. Any help is highly appreciated. Thanks, Prem. Lookup worked for me in a small test here. Can you provide exact steps to reproduce the problem? FYI, there is a newsgroup specifically for Outlook forms issues "down the hall" at microsoft.public.outlook.progr...