Extracting single data from a table

Hi all

Please let me know if this is possible guys,

I'm confusing myself trying to say this in technical terms;
I would like to copy only a single name from a list where there may b
more than one in that list but when it referes to the guys manager.

Eg.
A1 to A20 is filled with manager name; John Doe

B1 to B5 is filled with Sam Doe
B6 to B15 is filled with Anne Doe
B16 to B20 is filled with Mark Doe

My result in a new table and sheet should have

A1 to A3 filled with John Doe
And
B1 = Sam Doe
B2 = Anne Doe
B3 = Mark Doe

I hope this is simplified but let me know if you would like any furthe
info

Cheers
Joe

Hi,
Use Data>Filter>Advanced Filter and chech unique records
ray

there may be
>more than one in that list but when it referes to the
guys manager.

>Eg.
>A1 to A20 is filled with manager name; John Doe
>
>B1 to B5 is filled with Sam Doe
>B6 to B15 is filled with Anne Doe
>B16 to B20 is filled with Mark Doe
>
>My result in a new table and sheet should have
>
>A1 to A3 filled with John Doe
>And
>B1 = Sam Doe
>B2 = Anne Doe
>B3 = Mark Doe
>
>I hope this is simplified but let me know if you would
like any further
>info
>
>Cheers
>Joey
>

>---
>
>.

0
anonymous (74722)

Converting from PFS File data
Is Access capable and successful program to convert data- files from PFS File? Used to happily run my mental health practice in Cheshire, CT on PFS programs and I have some data-bases of clinicians/providers whose info I need to bring into the 21st century. Help, please. Thanks. Herb Rosenfield wrote: > Is Access capable and successful program to convert data- > files from PFS File? Used to happily run my mental health > practice in Cheshire, CT on PFS programs and I have some > data-bases of clinicians/providers whose info I need to > bring into the 21st century. ...

Move data from Doc1 to Doc2, end with 2nd doc open
Here's a quick synopsis of my macro - Macro is run from Doc1, which opens up Doc2, then returns to Doc1 & does a series of coping & pasting into Doc2. When the macro is done Doc2 should remain open for the user so they can see the message box, but both documents are automatically minimized when the macro is done. How do I keep Doc2 from minimizing? Application.WindowState = xlMinimized Windows("@Doc1.xls").Activate Range("H2").Select Selection.Copy Windows("@Doc2.xls").Activate Range("E1").Select ...

Single Active Directory, Catering Two Exchange Orgnisation
Hi Can anyone tell me if one Windows 2003 Active Directory can have two different Exchange 200/2003 orgnisation. i.e Active Directory : corp.nwtraders.com Exchange Org 1: Nwtraders.com Exchange Org 2 : Conteso.com Not possible. One Exchange org per Forest. Nue "Ripon Bahl" <RiponBahl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A1326CF6-9A00-4223-BD10-A1A0206BD0D3@microsoft.com... > Hi > > Can anyone tell me if one Windows 2003 Active Directory can have two > different Exchange 200/2003 orgnisation. > > > i.e > > Active Directory : corp...

Problem installing Exchange 2007 antispam agent on single server
We have a small company and I'm installing a single Exchange 2007 server. So far, so good, except for the antispam agents. I found the command to install them on the hub transport server, but when I run ./ install-AntispamAgents.ps1 I get the following error: The term 'get-transportserver' is not recognized as a cmdlet, function, operable program, or script file. Verify the te rm and try again. At C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\Scripts\install- AntispamAgents.ps1:30 char:39 + $transportserver = get-transportserver <<<< -id $localservername Any ideas? ...

Matching call data based on date, time and number called to give c
I have the following two tables on different sheets, both containing other information within them that is irrelevant in my question. SHEET 1 Date - Time - Number Called Duration Cost 01/02/10 09:05:21 01234123456 02:16 0.50 SHEET 2 Date - Time Number Called - Duration Extension 01/02/10 09:07:56 01234123456 02:15 1234 01/02/10 15:30:45 01234123456 01:59 1234 Sheet 2 HAS A LOT MORE RECORDS THAN SHEET 1 AND THERE ARE A NUMBER OF CALLS TO THE SAME NUM...

extracting totals from within a spreadsheet
I need to know how to take different information from within a spreadsheet --where two conditions/catogories must apply so that a third column where i have inputed hours, will total for those conditions only... can anyone help? Please spell out what you want we are not mind readers -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Jovetta" <Jovetta@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:91442C6D-03DF-4FC1-A069-AAB43FA57485@microsoft.com... >I need to know how to take different information from within a spreadsheet > --where two condi...

sort data
i am trying, unsuccessfullty, to sort some data (a small example is below) so I can graph it. I want to put it into a pivot table format but don't want calculations, just the actual data. any ideas??/ Location DATE Result WAT002WA ALBANY BOTTOM 19-Jul-05 0.83 WAT002WA ALBANY BOTTOM 23-Jun-05 0.8 WAT002WA ALBANY BOTTOM 28-May-05 1.16 WAT002WA ALBANY BOTTOM 02-May-05 0.93 WAT002WA ALBANY BOTTOM 06-Apr-05 0.66 WAT002WA ALBANY BOTTOM 11-Mar-05 0.59 WAT002WA ALBANY BOTTOM 13-Feb-05 0.54 WAT002WA ALBANY BOTTOM 18-Jan-05 0.62 WAT002WA ALBANY TOP 09-Mar-07 0.73 ...

Automatically update pivot table when switching to sheet that the pivot table is in
What would the code be to automatically refresh a pivot table when you open the sheet that the pivot table is in? Today, I changed data in the sheet that the pivot table draws from and forgot to refresh the pivot table. Fortunately, I caught my error in time and refreshed the table before I gave it to the boss. I would like the pivot table to refresh whenever I switch to the sheet that the pivot table is in. Thanks Try using the Worksheet_Activate event to update the PivotTable like: Private Sub Worksheet_Activate() PivotTables("PivotTable1").RefreshTable End Sub hth, jay <b...

extracting icons
Is there any way to extract an icon from an application? Take a look at the ExtractIcon[Ex]() API Cheers Check Abdoul --------------------- <davegreb@gpxinc.com> wrote in message news:c6c54da6-574c-4c8e-8ec9-3b77b99a5523@d70g2000hsb.googlegroups.com... > Is there any way to extract an icon from an application? ...

Extract emails from cells with text
I have a row in column A which includes an email address in the text that I'd like to extract to column B. Is there a formula I can use to accomplish extracting the email address only to column B? Here's an example of different cells in column A: Please email example@law.ufl.edu to contact us...... OR Schedule an appointment for assistance, or email example@uga.edu with your questions... Thank you Try this... All on one line: =TRIM(RIGHT(SUBSTITUTE(LEFT(A1,FIND (" ",A1&" ",FIND("@",A1))-1)," ", REPT(" ",...

Fill text boxes with data from another text box
I have a form that has two sections. Section 1 has orginator name, address, city state, zip. Section two has owner name, address, city, state, and zip. If orginator and owner are the same, I want to just hit a button or check mark to copy data from section one to section two. Can this be done, and how would you do it. Thanks for your help- Porkchop. Porkchop, To copy data from one control (and, hence, field, if the form control source is set to the name of a field in the form's underlying record source), put the following in the AfterUpdate event procedure of the checkbox: If ...

data points #3
I have a scatter chart with the following info : sales price, square footage, and subdivision. With the x and y axis being sales price and square footage. There are some entries where i will have several sales in one subdivision and i would like all those points to show up in the same color. How do i get several points to show up in the same color instead of excel assigning each entry a new label? Include all the related points in the same data series, rather than as a different data series for each point. -- David Biddulph "affordablegreen" <affordablegreen@discussion...

Contact Table
I added a few custom schema field attributes in CRM within the Contact Table, now I receive an error that states that I have exceeded the SQL Server limit of 8000 bytes. I have looked at the Contact Table and there are rows that I do not need within the ContactBase table. I am looking to find out how I can remove my changes or remove the rows that I do not need. -Thanks to everyone that has responded. James, I'm afraid that there isn't a way to remove columns once they are added. Short of doing a database restore of the various DB's, you don't have many options. T...

Compile data from several workbooks
I have multiple workbooks for different projects. they are all in separate sub folders. Within each wookbook is a worksheet I call Bug. The Bug sheet pulls the data from that workbook which I need in a separate master workbook. I want to pull the data from every Bug worksheet into my master workbook without having to open each file to force it to update. I can do it cell by cell using a direct link but that is a lot of work. I have compiled a list of each workbook including the path. I can use that path and get the data using =INDIRECT(ADDRESS(2,3,,,F3) where F3 is the path. ...

Posting to gl20000 table
I am running a Java application but using GP for accounting. Our current version of GP does not have eConnect installed. I would like to post entries into the gl20000 table from Java. I hesitate from using a direct sql INSERT statement into gl20000 from Java. What would be the best approach? Are there layers that I should be using (i.e. eConnect?). Or is it safe to do a direct sql INSERT into gl20000 (the proper triggers and procedures are called)? Any feedback or help links would be greatly appreciated. Entries in GL20000 also update other tables (account totals, etc) Your best opt...

Export/Import Acces Table to another Acces table/file
Hi, Is anybody can help me how to export/import table to a new table/file only using 1 click?. I am sure, we'll use Visual Basic, but I don't know how. Thanks in advance, I am appreciated it. KT -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/200707/1 I suspect you will need to look at the TransferDatabase method of the DoCmd object. See the Access help. Steve "KimTong via AccessMonster.com" wrote: > Hi, > > Is anybody can help me how to export/import table to a new table/file only > using 1 ...

Query and Extract
Hello all, This seems basic, but I just cannot get it. While using SQL Server 2005 and the Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio, I created a database called AssetQuote. Inside I have on table called assetquotes. From there, I have three columns, (date, quote, author) The column type for date is datetime and the other two are just text. My Query is something this: INSERT INTO AssetQuote (date, quote, author) VALUES('052010','No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.', 'Aesop'); When I run the query I get this result: Msg 208, ...

extracting individual numbers from "ranges"
I'm trying to get EXCEL to extract stock prices quoted in individual cells as 52-week ranges --e.g. 11.76-19.90-- and do the following calculation: (higher price - lower price)/lower price Obviously, this a problem because each cell appears to handle the range as text or something. Is there are way to get EXCEL to handle the "text" (or however else it is interpreting what's in the cell) as individual numbers? Great thanks for any help. Hi do your entries always look like lower_number-higher_number if yes you may try the following formula in the adjacent row (lets assum...

Recovering Data from MDBDATA
My Server is now not up... As My Global Catalogue Server just crashed. I tried level best to make another but whole effort just was a waste.... Problem is now I have made another server with New Domain. (New One) . How can I retrive mails from MDBData File of the Previus Server. -- Zeshan ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Posted via http://www.webservertalk.com ------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread: http://www.webservertalk.com/message1020038.html www.ontrack.com/powercontrols -- John Oliver, Jr...

extracting hours from a sum of time
I have a cell which sum a bunch of cells containing an elapsed time. The sum totals to more than 24 hours. I have to a cell with a cost per hour and I need to caclculate the total cost. The problem is that the hour function returns values in the range of 0-24. My current sum is 25:30 and the hour function return 1 and not 25. Any ideas how to bypass it? It "returns" the correct number, but doesn't show. Format Custom as [h]:mm and it will. To convert to a number that you can multiply with an hourly rate, first multiply by 24; times in Excel are fractions of a day and a day is s...

data consistency check
How can we perform a data consistency check/fix on the information store and the directory in exchange 5.5 running on a windows 2000 server. Is here any harm in running any tool. Pls advise. Thanks. What is the problem your seeing? -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm "khan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.c...

Repeat data from previous records in a form
I am creating a a form for data entry and want to know if there is a way to repeat data in fields from the previous record (or default to previous record). For example, I user has 100 entries - I would like to set up the form so they do not have to enter their ID each time they enter a record. When you hold the ctrl key and click the apostrophe key ' access copies the contents of the same field from the previous record. This assumes that the new record immediately follows the old record so you may have to sort the source table and requery it after each time a new record is inserted...

Can I sort excel spreadsheet data by fill color of cells?
I have a spreadsheet with data in about 1,000 cells. I occasionally highlight cells by adding yellow color fill to make them standout. I would like to sort the data so that I could move the "highlighted" cells to the top of the sheet. Can this be done? If not, can you suggest a way to accomplish this in the future--ie., use a different font, boldface, etc. that would allow me to sort easily? You could use Conditional Formatting to color the cells. Then you can sort by the condition that caused the color change. Excel won't natively sort by color or formatting. To do ...

Using validation to make data appear or not
I have an array of cells that all rely on a "Y" or "N" value in another cell, and an IF statement to either make the data appear or not appear. It works fine, except that when the data appears and fill, the borders pop up fine. Some of them, however refuse to disappear the same way the data does, yet others do just fine. This includes cell color formatting, which I am able to make stay or go. I just seem to have a problem with some cell retaining persistent border, which go away completely if I remove them, but that isn't what I want. I want them to beh...