I have a large database of company contacts that is formatted/entered as
follows:

ABC Company, Inc.
John Doe
123 Main Street NE
Des Moines, IA  52000
Phone: 123-456-7890
Fax:  098-765-4321
jdoe@abccompany.com

Each line is in it's own cell, but I need it in column format such as follows:
Company Name - First Name - Last Name - Address1 - Address2 - City - State -
Zip - Phone - Fax - Email

Any direction as to how I can easily do this?  I'm using either 2003 or 2007
and have over 7,000 entries like this.  PLEASE HELP as I don't want to spend
hours into days trying to do this manually!  Thanks.

On Sat, 29 May 2010 17:07:01 -0700, Majestic Glory <Majestic
Glory@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have a large database of company contacts that is formatted/entered as
>follows:
>
>ABC Company, Inc.
>John Doe
>123 Main Street NE
>Des Moines, IA  52000
>Phone: 123-456-7890
>Fax:  098-765-4321
>jdoe@abccompany.com
>
>Each line is in it's own cell, but I need it in column format such as follows:
>Company Name - First Name - Last Name - Address1 - Address2 - City - State -
>Zip - Phone - Fax - Email
>
>Any direction as to how I can easily do this?  I'm using either 2003 or 2007
>and have over 7,000 entries like this.  PLEASE HELP as I don't want to spend
>hours into days trying to do this manually!  Thanks.

You need to provide more information.

1.  In your header, you have two Address columns (Address1 and Address2) but in
your example you have only a single address line.  Does this mean that some
entries have seven lines and others eight?  What about those without a Fax? Or
those without and Email?  Are there blank lines or no lines?

2.  How do you tell when you go from one company to the next?

3.  Are there any other variations you haven't mentioned?
--ron
0
Ron
5/30/2010 2:02:27 AM
If you have data for each contact in seven cells (rows 1-7, 8-14,21-27...) in
Col A
then enter this formula in B1
==INDIRECT("A"&((ROW()-1)*7+COLUMN()-1))
You can then copy it across to Col H and then down to row number n/7 where n
is the last row with your data...

You can then split the city, state and zip in Col E. You can also find and
replace FAX: PHONE: etc which you don't want.

"Majestic Glory" wrote:

> I have a large database of company contacts that is formatted/entered as
> follows:
>
> ABC Company, Inc.
> John Doe
> 123 Main Street NE
> Des Moines, IA  52000
> Phone: 123-456-7890
> Fax:  098-765-4321
> jdoe@abccompany.com
>
> Each line is in it's own cell, but I need it in column format such as follows:
> Company Name - First Name - Last Name - Address1 - Address2 - City - State -
> Zip - Phone - Fax - Email
>
> Any direction as to how I can easily do this?  I'm using either 2003 or 2007
> and have over 7,000 entries like this.  PLEASE HELP as I don't want to spend
> hours into days trying to do this manually!  Thanks.

extracting icons
Is there any way to extract an icon from an application? Take a look at the ExtractIcon[Ex]() API Cheers Check Abdoul --------------------- <davegreb@gpxinc.com> wrote in message news:c6c54da6-574c-4c8e-8ec9-3b77b99a5523@d70g2000hsb.googlegroups.com... > Is there any way to extract an icon from an application? ...

sort data
i am trying, unsuccessfullty, to sort some data (a small example is below) so I can graph it. I want to put it into a pivot table format but don't want calculations, just the actual data. any ideas??/ Location DATE Result WAT002WA ALBANY BOTTOM 19-Jul-05 0.83 WAT002WA ALBANY BOTTOM 23-Jun-05 0.8 WAT002WA ALBANY BOTTOM 28-May-05 1.16 WAT002WA ALBANY BOTTOM 02-May-05 0.93 WAT002WA ALBANY BOTTOM 06-Apr-05 0.66 WAT002WA ALBANY BOTTOM 11-Mar-05 0.59 WAT002WA ALBANY BOTTOM 13-Feb-05 0.54 WAT002WA ALBANY BOTTOM 18-Jan-05 0.62 WAT002WA ALBANY TOP 09-Mar-07 0.73 ...

Matching call data based on date, time and number called to give c
I have the following two tables on different sheets, both containing other information within them that is irrelevant in my question. SHEET 1 Date - Time - Number Called Duration Cost 01/02/10 09:05:21 01234123456 02:16 0.50 SHEET 2 Date - Time Number Called - Duration Extension 01/02/10 09:07:56 01234123456 02:15 1234 01/02/10 15:30:45 01234123456 01:59 1234 Sheet 2 HAS A LOT MORE RECORDS THAN SHEET 1 AND THERE ARE A NUMBER OF CALLS TO THE SAME NUM...

extracting totals from within a spreadsheet
I need to know how to take different information from within a spreadsheet --where two conditions/catogories must apply so that a third column where i have inputed hours, will total for those conditions only... can anyone help? Please spell out what you want we are not mind readers -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Jovetta" <Jovetta@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:91442C6D-03DF-4FC1-A069-AAB43FA57485@microsoft.com... >I need to know how to take different information from within a spreadsheet > --where two condi...

Extract emails from cells with text
I have a row in column A which includes an email address in the text that I'd like to extract to column B. Is there a formula I can use to accomplish extracting the email address only to column B? Here's an example of different cells in column A: Please email example@law.ufl.edu to contact us...... OR Schedule an appointment for assistance, or email example@uga.edu with your questions... Thank you Try this... All on one line: =TRIM(RIGHT(SUBSTITUTE(LEFT(A1,FIND (" ",A1&" ",FIND("@",A1))-1)," ", REPT(" ",...

data migration of cdf tables to crm
hi, i am trying to implement crm for an organisation. the cdf tables for both accounts and contacts are ready and data is present int he info tables.but the next step of migration is not happening. executing the migration.exe tool shows process completed in the log but verifying the migration_info table shows "not processed" against the corresponding rows.it is not showing any errors but still not migrating. please help. i can use all the help i could get. thank you. "Yamini.P.S" <Yamini.P.S@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:94FD56E3-3B28-43D...

Appending data in cells that utilize a Dropdown list.
Hello all, I would like to append entries in cells that utilize a dropdown list. Currently, when I select (in this case names) from my dropdown list I cannot append them if I want to add more than one to a cell. If I select another name from the dropdown, it erases the first entry. Is there some way to append entries within cells that use this form of validation so that I can enter more than one in a cell from the dd list? -- Thanks, Geek using Office XP Professional Hi Geek Debra Dalgleish has an example workbook showing how to do this http://www.contextures.com/excelfiles.html...

sending data to com port
Hello, I am using VC++ 6.0 (of Visual studio 6.0) How can I send data to com port via VC++ code ? Need sample code, please. Thanks :) See this article on codeproject..it covers up most of the stuff... http://www.codeproject.com/system/serial_com.asp - Parhar "Eitan" <no_spam_please@nospam.com> wrote in message news:uVpJFP87DHA.1804@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hello, > I am using VC++ 6.0 (of Visual studio 6.0) > How can I send data to com port via VC++ code ? > Need sample code, please. > > Thanks :) > > See the "CSerial" class from Tom...

queries which pull data in multiple "rows" in one table and compar
I have a project to complete where the end user wants me to write several queries which pull data in multiple "rows" in one table and compare them to data in another using access. He also needs a report written based on the findings of which data meets certain criteria within those queries. I think the report part will be pretty easy, but can someone give me some suggestions on what would be the best way to create the queries in access? Thanks Da Chosen One On Sun, 10 Jan 2010 19:22:01 -0800, Da Chosen One <Da Chosen One@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: You...

One SOMgr with Four POSs
I have a LAN installation where four seperate stores are each operating SOpts (they want items seperate from each other and managed by each Store Manager). However the CFO(also on LAN) needs to be able to access each store from her desktop. We know how to change Admin's DB but are looking for a more elegant solution. Like bat file called from shortcut before SOMgr - that does the switch??? I also have another Client that runs a lot of reports basied on DB's state as of last night of EOM.bck DB. The above solution may also work them! NcS, Change to the store's database in S...

Data............Group
if I group columns and hide the columns with the + is it possible to give the diferent groups names where they are listed at the top left 1, 2, 3. Not quite sure what you want, but maybe.... View|Custom Views would allow you to hide/show the groups the way you want. Esrei wrote: > > if I group columns and hide the columns with the + is it > possible to give the diferent groups names where they are > listed at the top left 1, 2, 3. -- Dave Peterson ...

display only one formula
i'm taking a computer test and i need to know how to display my formula when it prints so the formula doesn't calculate, but i only need one of the formulas to be shown the rest need to stay in calculated form. How would i do this? Hi Format the cell as Text, select the cell, press F2, and then Enter keys. -- When sending mail, use address arvil<at>tarkon.ee Arvi Laanemets "norcalchick2207" <norcalchick2207@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6F223ADF-4546-44C9-8BC8-6D2825872C10@microsoft.com... > i'm taking a computer test and i need ...

Blocking spam sent in picture format
Hello world, I recently installed Exchange SP2, and IMF V2 is working very well. The xml file to block certain keyword is great. The next challange i'm facing is alot of the junk mails which simply has an image in the body of the emails are getting pass the filter. I can't block those becase the spammer are copying paragraph from books, wep pages. Does anyone have any recommendations on how to block those spams? Thanks in advance. Ramy On Fri, 16 Mar 2007 07:17:03 -0700, ITDUDE27 <ITDUDE27@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >Hello world, > >I recently install...

Fill text boxes with data from another text box
I have a form that has two sections. Section 1 has orginator name, address, city state, zip. Section two has owner name, address, city, state, and zip. If orginator and owner are the same, I want to just hit a button or check mark to copy data from section one to section two. Can this be done, and how would you do it. Thanks for your help- Porkchop. Porkchop, To copy data from one control (and, hence, field, if the form control source is set to the name of a field in the form's underlying record source), put the following in the AfterUpdate event procedure of the checkbox: If ...

data points #3
I have a scatter chart with the following info : sales price, square footage, and subdivision. With the x and y axis being sales price and square footage. There are some entries where i will have several sales in one subdivision and i would like all those points to show up in the same color. How do i get several points to show up in the same color instead of excel assigning each entry a new label? Include all the related points in the same data series, rather than as a different data series for each point. -- David Biddulph "affordablegreen" <affordablegreen@discussion...

Compile data from several workbooks
I have multiple workbooks for different projects. they are all in separate sub folders. Within each wookbook is a worksheet I call Bug. The Bug sheet pulls the data from that workbook which I need in a separate master workbook. I want to pull the data from every Bug worksheet into my master workbook without having to open each file to force it to update. I can do it cell by cell using a direct link but that is a lot of work. I have compiled a list of each workbook including the path. I can use that path and get the data using =INDIRECT(ADDRESS(2,3,,,F3) where F3 is the path. ...

extracting individual numbers from "ranges"
I'm trying to get EXCEL to extract stock prices quoted in individual cells as 52-week ranges --e.g. 11.76-19.90-- and do the following calculation: (higher price - lower price)/lower price Obviously, this a problem because each cell appears to handle the range as text or something. Is there are way to get EXCEL to handle the "text" (or however else it is interpreting what's in the cell) as individual numbers? Great thanks for any help. Hi do your entries always look like lower_number-higher_number if yes you may try the following formula in the adjacent row (lets assum...

Query and Extract
Hello all, This seems basic, but I just cannot get it. While using SQL Server 2005 and the Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio, I created a database called AssetQuote. Inside I have on table called assetquotes. From there, I have three columns, (date, quote, author) The column type for date is datetime and the other two are just text. My Query is something this: INSERT INTO AssetQuote (date, quote, author) VALUES('052010','No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.', 'Aesop'); When I run the query I get this result: Msg 208, ...

Recovering Data from MDBDATA
My Server is now not up... As My Global Catalogue Server just crashed. I tried level best to make another but whole effort just was a waste.... Problem is now I have made another server with New Domain. (New One) . How can I retrive mails from MDBData File of the Previus Server. -- Zeshan ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Posted via http://www.webservertalk.com ------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread: http://www.webservertalk.com/message1020038.html www.ontrack.com/powercontrols -- John Oliver, Jr...

Graph lines formatting in Excel 2007
I appear to have a couple of problems in Excel 2007 SP1 i) Although the help says you can reformat multiple lines by using the Ctrl button and the mouse, it doesn't seem to work .. I highlight the first line and when I try the second it deselects the first . Any ideas ii) I'm using Excel to display sets of spectra .... the default line thickness is 2.25pt and I want to set the default to 0.25 pt, how do I do it ?? iii) I resized a graph of 160 lines by hand (yawn, yawn) and saved it as a template ... however when I draw a new graph from the 160 lines and apply the temp...

extracting hours from a sum of time
I have a cell which sum a bunch of cells containing an elapsed time. The sum totals to more than 24 hours. I have to a cell with a cost per hour and I need to caclculate the total cost. The problem is that the hour function returns values in the range of 0-24. My current sum is 25:30 and the hour function return 1 and not 25. Any ideas how to bypass it? It "returns" the correct number, but doesn't show. Format Custom as [h]:mm and it will. To convert to a number that you can multiply with an hourly rate, first multiply by 24; times in Excel are fractions of a day and a day is s...

Repeat data from previous records in a form
I am creating a a form for data entry and want to know if there is a way to repeat data in fields from the previous record (or default to previous record). For example, I user has 100 entries - I would like to set up the form so they do not have to enter their ID each time they enter a record. When you hold the ctrl key and click the apostrophe key ' access copies the contents of the same field from the previous record. This assumes that the new record immediately follows the old record so you may have to sort the source table and requery it after each time a new record is inserted...

data consistency check
How can we perform a data consistency check/fix on the information store and the directory in exchange 5.5 running on a windows 2000 server. Is here any harm in running any tool. Pls advise. Thanks. What is the problem your seeing? -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm "khan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.c...

Using validation to make data appear or not
I have an array of cells that all rely on a "Y" or "N" value in another cell, and an IF statement to either make the data appear or not appear. It works fine, except that when the data appears and fill, the borders pop up fine. Some of them, however refuse to disappear the same way the data does, yet others do just fine. This includes cell color formatting, which I am able to make stay or go. I just seem to have a problem with some cell retaining persistent border, which go away completely if I remove them, but that isn't what I want. I want them to beh...