Extracting Data and Error Msgs

ERROR MSG:
Microsoft Excel cannot determine which row in your list or selection contains column labels which are required for this operation

I can’t figure out why:
The names of my Columns are as follows:
ITEM QTY DAYS	    TOTAL
I formatted them as Text. How do I make Excel know they are column labels and furthermore…

I am composing an invoice for my rental business.  I have set up a sheet with all the items that I rent. The cost of each item is determined by the number of items time the number of days rented. I would like to extract, to a separate location,(sheet 2) only the items that were rented or  Criteria QTY>0
I was trying to use the Auto Filter but that doesn’t seem to have the option of putting the data in another location. I can’t figure out how to do the advanced filter. I would like to extract every row on the list where the QTY is greater than zero and paste them into another location ,(sheet 2) where I will have our logo etc at top of letter size page and other info at bottom.

On the contextures website there is this explanation which is wayway over my head:

Sub CopyFilter()
'by Tom Ogilvy
Dim rng As Range
Dim rng2 As Range

With ActiveSheet.AutoFilter.Range
On Error Resume Next
  Set rng2 = .Offset(1, 0).Resize(.Rows.Count - 1, 1) _
      .SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible)
On Error GoTo 0
End With
If rng2 Is Nothing Then
  MsgBox "No data to copy"
Else
  Worksheets("Sheet2").Cells.Clear
  Set rng = ActiveSheet.AutoFilter.Range
  rng.Offset(1, 0).Resize(rng.Rows.Count - 1).Copy _
    Destination:=Worksheets("Sheet2").Range("A1")
End If
  ActiveSheet.ShowAllData

End Sub

Whoah!!!! Where does that happen.

I thought what I'm trying to do would be pretty simple!
But then again I'm a Mac graphic program expert???(Photoshop,Illustrator,Quark,FCP) Maybe I can help you with those programs.
If you email me I could send a file.
Thanks  msmarskyb@yahoo.ne

0
anonymous (74721)

Outlook 2000 Error 0x800ccc13
I have Outlook 2000 installed on WinXP home. After installing modem software (for fax purposes) I now receive error 0x800ccc13 when performing 'send receive' in Outlook. Outlook Express now also fails with 0x800ccc0f error. I've disabled all spywatch, firewall and filtering software and tested Winsock using Netdiag. Winsock passes but there is a fail for NetBT transports test failed (I'm assuming because I removed all services other than TCP/IP.) I've reinstalled Outlook Express using the procedure from #318378 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;318...

extracting icons
Is there any way to extract an icon from an application? Take a look at the ExtractIcon[Ex]() API Cheers Check Abdoul --------------------- <davegreb@gpxinc.com> wrote in message news:c6c54da6-574c-4c8e-8ec9-3b77b99a5523@d70g2000hsb.googlegroups.com... > Is there any way to extract an icon from an application? ...

Running CRM client as normal user. Getting SQL errors (offline mode)
Hi there, I'm at a company where they have a policy to not make users administrator. Also I have administrator rights, but no access to CRM, so I can install the client, but that's about it. Several of the users have gotten an offline installation but now get the message 'Action microsoft.crm.config.common.install databaseAction create database permission denied in database master'. Any idea how to solve this? Also have 1 or 2 with a 'SQLDumper library failed initialization. Your installation is either corrupt or has been tampered'. Please uninstall then re-run set...

sort data
i am trying, unsuccessfullty, to sort some data (a small example is below) so I can graph it. I want to put it into a pivot table format but don't want calculations, just the actual data. any ideas??/ Location DATE Result WAT002WA ALBANY BOTTOM 19-Jul-05 0.83 WAT002WA ALBANY BOTTOM 23-Jun-05 0.8 WAT002WA ALBANY BOTTOM 28-May-05 1.16 WAT002WA ALBANY BOTTOM 02-May-05 0.93 WAT002WA ALBANY BOTTOM 06-Apr-05 0.66 WAT002WA ALBANY BOTTOM 11-Mar-05 0.59 WAT002WA ALBANY BOTTOM 13-Feb-05 0.54 WAT002WA ALBANY BOTTOM 18-Jan-05 0.62 WAT002WA ALBANY TOP 09-Mar-07 0.73 ...

Matching call data based on date, time and number called to give c
I have the following two tables on different sheets, both containing other information within them that is irrelevant in my question. SHEET 1 Date - Time - Number Called Duration Cost 01/02/10 09:05:21 01234123456 02:16 0.50 SHEET 2 Date - Time Number Called - Duration Extension 01/02/10 09:07:56 01234123456 02:15 1234 01/02/10 15:30:45 01234123456 01:59 1234 Sheet 2 HAS A LOT MORE RECORDS THAN SHEET 1 AND THERE ARE A NUMBER OF CALLS TO THE SAME NUM...

extracting totals from within a spreadsheet
I need to know how to take different information from within a spreadsheet --where two conditions/catogories must apply so that a third column where i have inputed hours, will total for those conditions only... can anyone help? Please spell out what you want we are not mind readers -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Jovetta" <Jovetta@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:91442C6D-03DF-4FC1-A069-AAB43FA57485@microsoft.com... >I need to know how to take different information from within a spreadsheet > --where two condi...

Outlook error #25
When trying to add a new mailbox, coming from Exchange 5.5. In Outlook XP i continue to get an error message "Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Outlook could not access the specified folder location. The information store could not be opened." Or "Unable to display the folder. The set of folders could not be opened. The information store could not be opened. Any suggestions would be great. Verify you are running the minimum required version by your exchange admin. -- ~jason k please reply in group. emails directly to me will be printed and laughed at in the...

Error opening form
Hi, I am trying to open a form from a switchboard and I get this error message: "MSACCESS exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows. You will need to restart the program. An error log is being created." I restart the computer and it's fixed. but it keeps happening. Does anyone know the solution? I have Microsoft Office 2000 thanks -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200709/1 There are many, many things that could be causing this. Work through the list in this article: Preventing corruption ...

Extract emails from cells with text
I have a row in column A which includes an email address in the text that I'd like to extract to column B. Is there a formula I can use to accomplish extracting the email address only to column B? Here's an example of different cells in column A: Please email example@law.ufl.edu to contact us...... OR Schedule an appointment for assistance, or email example@uga.edu with your questions... Thank you Try this... All on one line: =TRIM(RIGHT(SUBSTITUTE(LEFT(A1,FIND (" ",A1&" ",FIND("@",A1))-1)," ", REPT(" ",...

data migration of cdf tables to crm
hi, i am trying to implement crm for an organisation. the cdf tables for both accounts and contacts are ready and data is present int he info tables.but the next step of migration is not happening. executing the migration.exe tool shows process completed in the log but verifying the migration_info table shows "not processed" against the corresponding rows.it is not showing any errors but still not migrating. please help. i can use all the help i could get. thank you. "Yamini.P.S" <Yamini.P.S@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:94FD56E3-3B28-43D...

VALUE error message
I would like I5 to equal F5+G5-h5. I get a value error message. one or more of the cells F5,G5 or H5 probably have text in them, either a number entered/pasted as text, or a "blank" made by pressing the space bar (and inserting a space character). For the first problem, copy an empty cell, select F5:H5 and choose Edit/Paste Special, selecting the Values and Add radio buttons, then click OK. This will coerce any "text" numbers to real numbers. For the latter, use the del key or Edit/Clear/Contents rather than the spacebar to clear the cell. Note that SUM(F5:G5,-H5...

Appending data in cells that utilize a Dropdown list.
Hello all, I would like to append entries in cells that utilize a dropdown list. Currently, when I select (in this case names) from my dropdown list I cannot append them if I want to add more than one to a cell. If I select another name from the dropdown, it erases the first entry. Is there some way to append entries within cells that use this form of validation so that I can enter more than one in a cell from the dd list? -- Thanks, Geek using Office XP Professional Hi Geek Debra Dalgleish has an example workbook showing how to do this http://www.contextures.com/excelfiles.html...

sending data to com port
Hello, I am using VC++ 6.0 (of Visual studio 6.0) How can I send data to com port via VC++ code ? Need sample code, please. Thanks :) See this article on codeproject..it covers up most of the stuff... http://www.codeproject.com/system/serial_com.asp - Parhar "Eitan" <no_spam_please@nospam.com> wrote in message news:uVpJFP87DHA.1804@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hello, > I am using VC++ 6.0 (of Visual studio 6.0) > How can I send data to com port via VC++ code ? > Need sample code, please. > > Thanks :) > > See the "CSerial" class from Tom...

queries which pull data in multiple "rows" in one table and compar
I have a project to complete where the end user wants me to write several queries which pull data in multiple "rows" in one table and compare them to data in another using access. He also needs a report written based on the findings of which data meets certain criteria within those queries. I think the report part will be pretty easy, but can someone give me some suggestions on what would be the best way to create the queries in access? Thanks Da Chosen One On Sun, 10 Jan 2010 19:22:01 -0800, Da Chosen One <Da Chosen One@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: You...

Data............Group
if I group columns and hide the columns with the + is it possible to give the diferent groups names where they are listed at the top left 1, 2, 3. Not quite sure what you want, but maybe.... View|Custom Views would allow you to hide/show the groups the way you want. Esrei wrote: > > if I group columns and hide the columns with the + is it > possible to give the diferent groups names where they are > listed at the top left 1, 2, 3. -- Dave Peterson ...

an SMTP protocol error occured
sending mail to international-homes.com queue shows retry and down below SMTP protocol error occured. this seems to be the only domain we have trouble sending to. any help would be appreciated. On Wed, 8 Feb 2006 10:07:27 -0800, jak <jak@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >sending mail to international-homes.com queue shows retry and down below >SMTP protocol error occured. this seems to be the only domain we have trouble >sending to. any help would be appreciated. They are using a Pix, so I bet that may be it. who is using a pix? how are you able to determi...

Error saving to a network drive
The problem is that I cannot save as or save to a Novell network drive. The user has full rights to the folders and it still will not save files. He can save to the local disk but not any network drives. This only happens in Excel not Word. Word works fine. Any suggestions on this??? I also tried logging in as another user on his station and it still won't save a worksheet. Please help!!! Probably need a bit more info from you like which version of Excel, which windows os, and version of Novell. Also very important is what antivirus program is on the server and on the ...

Fill text boxes with data from another text box
I have a form that has two sections. Section 1 has orginator name, address, city state, zip. Section two has owner name, address, city, state, and zip. If orginator and owner are the same, I want to just hit a button or check mark to copy data from section one to section two. Can this be done, and how would you do it. Thanks for your help- Porkchop. Porkchop, To copy data from one control (and, hence, field, if the form control source is set to the name of a field in the form's underlying record source), put the following in the AfterUpdate event procedure of the checkbox: If ...

data points #3
I have a scatter chart with the following info : sales price, square footage, and subdivision. With the x and y axis being sales price and square footage. There are some entries where i will have several sales in one subdivision and i would like all those points to show up in the same color. How do i get several points to show up in the same color instead of excel assigning each entry a new label? Include all the related points in the same data series, rather than as a different data series for each point. -- David Biddulph "affordablegreen" <affordablegreen@discussion...

Transaction Manager error on E2K
Hi all, I'm copying in below an error from my event logs that I'm not familiar with. I did find an article on Technet about it but I don't think it "clicked" with me; I'm not really sure about the cause/resolution. Anyone who could shed some light on this would be greatly appreciated! Event Type: Error Event Source: ESE Event Category: Transaction Manager Event ID: 623 Date: 11/26/2004 Time: 10:55:46 AM User: N/A Computer: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX Description: Information Store (4172) 8ddd4d57-28f4-47f5-af61-ef70224ef0a1: The version store for this instance (0) has reache...

Compile data from several workbooks
I have multiple workbooks for different projects. they are all in separate sub folders. Within each wookbook is a worksheet I call Bug. The Bug sheet pulls the data from that workbook which I need in a separate master workbook. I want to pull the data from every Bug worksheet into my master workbook without having to open each file to force it to update. I can do it cell by cell using a direct link but that is a lot of work. I have compiled a list of each workbook including the path. I can use that path and get the data using =INDIRECT(ADDRESS(2,3,,,F3) where F3 is the path. ...

extracting individual numbers from "ranges"
I'm trying to get EXCEL to extract stock prices quoted in individual cells as 52-week ranges --e.g. 11.76-19.90-- and do the following calculation: (higher price - lower price)/lower price Obviously, this a problem because each cell appears to handle the range as text or something. Is there are way to get EXCEL to handle the "text" (or however else it is interpreting what's in the cell) as individual numbers? Great thanks for any help. Hi do your entries always look like lower_number-higher_number if yes you may try the following formula in the adjacent row (lets assum...

Query and Extract
Hello all, This seems basic, but I just cannot get it. While using SQL Server 2005 and the Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio, I created a database called AssetQuote. Inside I have on table called assetquotes. From there, I have three columns, (date, quote, author) The column type for date is datetime and the other two are just text. My Query is something this: INSERT INTO AssetQuote (date, quote, author) VALUES('052010','No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.', 'Aesop'); When I run the query I get this result: Msg 208, ...