Extra Line Space #2

I have several lines of text in two merged cells one above the other and it
appears to be spaced correctly, but print or preview there is an extra line.
When adjusted to print correct its not all on the screen. Help - I need both!
Thanks.
0
Leesa (12)

Dual Goal Lines
I'm using a smooth line chart and I have two goal lines each goal for a combination of two production lines (Blue) or a single production line (Green). I also have one line that contains that days set point and this line is used for one month. I would like to have the set point change to either blue or green depending on how many lines were ran that particular day. Is this not possible? >-----Original Message----- >I'm using a smooth line chart and I have two goal lines >each goal for a combination of two production lines (Blue) >or a single production line (Gre...

Multiple files #2
I am having problems switching between two similar Excel files. I open each file in turn using the My Docs folder window, double clicking each file name to open it. Here is a sequence of operations: Open file folder, double click file "A" to open. Click file folder tab on taskbar, double click file "B" to open. Select textbox in file "B", click Copy icon. Click file "A" tab on taskbar, file "B" remains on screen. Click file "B" tab on taskbar, Excel minimizes. Click file "A" tab on taskbar, file "B" window o...

Command Line Backup of Exchange 2003
Does anybody has a script to backup exhange 2003 using ntbackup from the command line? thandks for any help Hello Pete It's simple, but you can encounter a few pitfalls (I did :o). With NTBACKUP you cannot backup the Systemstate and Exchange data at the same time, at least if the operating system and the exchange data is on the same drive. If you want to have them on the same tape you should backup in two runs (see example below), in the first run you can backup drives, files and systemstate, but you MUST exclude the exchange data. In the second run a backup of the datastore is m...

I need help #2
could some one please help ? i have created a workbook that i want to use for a test system. treat it like a survey and have dropdows that they pik the answer, and it picks from 1-4 depending on their choice, and its put on the results worksheet. Then i have a "correct or not?" row that has eihter TRUE or FALSE if the student picked the correct answer according to the answer key (another worksheet) i want to try and figure out a way that if i make up a 100 questions and i use this method of having true or false, how can i calculate how manye false vs true are there and get a percen...

Add A Line
I have a Form That links to several other similar forms across different worksheets. I want to be able to add blank lines to the form and add the exact number of blank lines to the other forms. is there a way to do this by having a macro run when I enter data in the last field or the row? ...

Video Performance in Win CE 4.2 vs CE 5.0 & 6.0
Hello, I'm trying to play a mpg file with Windows Media Player in an ARM platform. I don't have any problem playing it in Win CE 4.2, but in any newer version of WinCE it's not fluently. What are differences between CE 4.2 and 5&6 in video reproduction? DirectDraw? I previously posted this problem but with a lot of information, but I think it can be confusing (and nobody reply me :( ) I'll be waiting for any answer/comments/anything :P Thank you, Leo ...

Files and Settings Transfer Wizard #2
Hello, I recently did a clean install on my parents computer, which is part of my annual maintenance routine. I have used the Files and Settings Transfer Wizard several times on several machines to successfully restore data after this procedure. Unfortunately, when I did this on my parents machine, it lost all data in Outlook 2003 - contacts, emails, account settings, everything. It attempted to restore some settings in Outlook Express, but without any success. Once I reinstalled the OS and all the apps, I ran Windows Update and installed every hotfix, which gave me an identical environment ...

2 Seperate files/ 2 Seperate Sign-0ns
Yesterday, I created a seperate File for a new business I have started. I also created a new sign-on and pw. Today, I am unable to sign into my original file with the original sing-on and password. Please help so that I can open both Files independantly. Thanks Joyce Marie I found the answer to my question.... once you double click on the money icon to open the application simple look under "File" and choose 1 or 2 whichever is the file yuo want to open-- JP "JMP" wrote: > Yesterday, I created a seperate File for a new business I have started. I > ...

Locating variable range to copy #2
I need a VBA solution and get idea after reading your web page. Thank a lot. Eric C Tushar Mehta Wrote: > For a non-VBA solution, double-click the right-bottom corner of G11. > The later versions of XL will automatically fill G for as many rows as > there is data in F. > > For a VBA solution, see example 4 in > Beyond Excel's recorder > http://www.tushar- > mehta.com/excel/vba/beyond_the_macro_recorder/index.htm > > -- > Regards, > > Tushar Mehta > www.tushar-mehta.com > Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials > Custom MS Office pro...

Landed Costs ability to apply different rates per line item
Currently on the Landed Cost screen, you can enter a landed cost amount and it will be applied to all items being received on that receiving transactions. However there are times that one needs to apply a different rate for each line item and at this time it appears the only means to do this is to receive each line item seperately so a different landed cost can be applied. Therefore, this is not time productive for our users. We should be able to apply a different rate per each line item and receive all line items at the same time. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Micr...

Send mail on behalf of UserX with UserX's mailbox as extra mailbox
Hi, Running Exchange and Outlook 2000 I need a solution for this scenario. I have some users A and B who have UserX's mailbox configured as a extra mailbox in their Outlook client, so they can respond to mail being recieved by UserX (i.e. a helpdesk account). These same users A and B need to send mail "on behalf of" UserX so our disclaimer software (eXclaimer) adds users A and B signature to email being send by UserX's mail address. In this scenario "Send as" will add UserX's signature, not users A or B's signature. Assigning only "Send on behal...

Excel is adding 2 rows of data source together when charting
I'm trying to create a simple chart that shows trending during the year. I have several rows of data -- 1/2 of them being actual financial performance numbers and the other 1/2 being budget numbers. When I select the data ranges, whether using the Control Key to select all ranges at once, OR by selecting them individually, some of my data ranges are being added together, resulting in the ranges NOT reflecting what the source table numbers are. The ranges appear to be correct. I've tried crafting each range individually with the same result. Why is this happening? Wh...

Extra space between paragraphs when sending
Outlook 2007 adds extra “line feeds” between paragraphs on all outgoing messages. I can’t seem to stop it and it is slowly driving me mad. People getting my e-mails must think I can’t write. I have checked (“don’t add extra space…”) in the style formats. Doesn’t help. The composed messages look fine. They get changed when they are sent. Sometimes happens on incoming mail. I would go back to Office 2003 but too many file extensions are now different. If I can’t fix this I may go to a server based mail system. Why MS made this change is beyond me. It’s in the same category as c...

Outlook Rule to send subject line only
Hello, I would like to have Outlook redirect just the subject line (not the message body or header info) of incoming messages to my mobile phone (SMS) e-mail address. Could anyone suggest a rule that would accomplish this? Thanks in advance, at you'll need an sms addin that can control how much is sent. http://www.slipstick.com/addins/pager.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlo...

Dynamic graph turning static #2
I'm having trouble with a graph I'm trying to make dynamic. I made a named value "bottomright" that returns a reference to the bottom right cell of my data set. bottomright = OFFSET('Foo'!$B$2, COUNTA('Foo'!$A:$A)-2, 3, 1, 1). That much works nicely. The trouble I'm running into is in defining the data range for my graph. I set the data range to ='Foo'!$B$1:bottomright, and it makes a nice graph with exactly the data I want in it. When I add data, though, the graph doesn't update. I go back and check the data range, and it has switched my var...

Next line in CrichEditCtrl
Hi all.. I am new to VC++. i am doing the following task and am stuck up at a point. task: I created an SDI. when i open a file(FIle->Open), I want to get the file displayed with line numbers and when i close it, it should be the same file again. I did it in CEditView using archive and Getfile() functions but it seemed to be a crude way. I tried it using CRichEditView but i realised that always my CRichEditCtrl is pointing to the first line of the view when i open a file. can someone tell me a way in which i can get the starting location of each line using CRichEditCtrl?? T...

Line distribution
In Visio 2003, how do I equally distribute lines drawn with Connector Tool? Visio's Distribute feature works with any type of shape including connectors. However, if your connectors are glued to a shape, they are ignored. Select the shapes to distribute and go to Shape > Distribute Shapes. -- Mark Nelson Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Ekim Snehctik" <Ekim Snehctik@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B8B2944E-9837-4387-A7D1-7C1DB064966F@microsoft.com... > In Visio 2003...

Extra field for Items
Does anyone have an addin for extra user defined fields for items? -- Anthony Anthony, We could easily deliver this to you but we do not have anything pre-made. If you are interested please contact us at 1-888-267-RITE or drop us an email at sales@rite.us -- Thank you, Ryan Sakry Program Manager Retail Information Technology Enterprises (RITE) rsakry@rite.us http://www.rite.us 320-230-2282 ext. 4002 (Office) 320-230-1796 (Fax) "Anthony Novielli" <AnthonyNovielli@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:76CE74F3-5716-4520-9883-6D07C7670143@microsoft.com... > D...

Change Date format
Hi we receive raw data in this date format. i tried using the format cells--> date --> choose the mm/dd/yy format ..but it does no work. Could there be something wrong with my excel settings (exce 2000). Thanks for your time. Apr 10 2004 2:55PM regards.... -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Excel has stored the values probably as 'Text' after the import. Try the following: 1. format the cells with the format MMM DD YYYY hh:mm AM 2. Select an empty cell 3. copy this empty cell and select your range with the imported values 4. goto 'Edit - Paste Special...

hidden line removal
I have some code which does 3D views, it is a bit Mickey Mouse. I was hoping to update it with hidden line removal and even add isometric views and even better add some shading. Am i being too optimistic adding this query here? Any help would be appreciated, even a recommendation for a good book, so I can bin my rubbish old books. I use VC++ for the GUI, but for the engine room, I use C. I just need a kick start!! Hidden line removal is a very sophisticated computation. I remember at least one algorithm, the Warnock Algorithm, that worked very efficiently (this is the Warnock that was ...

when I paste, I end up with every line in a text box-undo?
I didn't have this problem with Office 2000, but since getting 2003, when I paste something it ends up with each line in a text box. How do I set things up so it does not do this, it creates a lot of work to fix it. Paste special, unformatted text. You are pasting from the Internet I assume. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "DJB" <DJB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6977F7A2-19FE-4F3D-8DAB-46C7930D92FE@microsoft.com....

XY Scatter question : 2 data for each point (x and y)
I would like to create the following chart. Let say I have for each region (region1, region2 etc...) the share in the total population and the share in the total income. ex. Region 1 : 5% of population 15% of income (rich) Region 2 : 20% of population 5% of income (poor) etc .... I would like the % of population as the x-axis and the % of income as the y-axis. Each region will be a point in the diagram. The diagram has two parts : poor and rich with different colors thx Hi, I'm not sure I understand - it seems to me you have answered your own question - you should use and XY Scatter ...

Mails appears in single line instead of multi line.
When I draft a mail,I draft it in a multi lines but when i or other recipients receives it, it appears in single long line,How to resolve this issue ? Please help... url:http://www.ureader.com/gp/1070-1.aspx ...

Connecting lines to shapes
Hi, I am new to Visio 2003 and am trying to draw a line between two shapes which will move whenever the two shapes move. If I draw my line using the default connection points that come with my shape the line sticks, but when I add my own connections points to the shapes and draw a line between the two new connection points, the line only glues to the first connection point. I have both snap and glue turned on and glue to guides and connection points and snap is set to the default settings. Am I missing something? Thanks for any help. Kylie On common problem is that when adding your...

Increasing the Vertial Size of a 3-D Line Chart
Hi Everyone I have a chart that looks good if I've only got a few items on the category (x) axis (for days). However when I include more days the height of the chart decreases leaving a lot of white space at the top and bottom of the chart. I have increased the chart size but this only helps a bit. I think what I need to do is somehow change the feature that automatically sets the vertical scale so I can set it to manual. I realise that this will change the relationship between the X and Y axis but this is what I want to do. Hope this make sense and someone can help Thank you Ma...