Exporting XL data

What versions of XL allow you to export data to an XML
file format?
0
anonymous (74722)

AFAIK

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Bill wrote:
> What versions of XL allow you to export data to an XML
> file format?
0
frank.kabel (11126)
2/19/2004 7:23:00 PM
Hi Bill
AFAIK introduced with Excel 2003

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Bill wrote:
> What versions of XL allow you to export data to an XML
> file format?
0
frank.kabel (11126)
2/19/2004 7:23:23 PM
I've never used it, but there's a:  XML Spreadsheet (*.xml)
under the "save as type" box in the file|saveAs dialog in xl2002.

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

UPDATE OF DATA
I have a problem, one of the stores is sale data that occurred a problem in servant HQ and it did not synchronize the information well, it is to say in the store this the complete data and in HQ this a partial data, since I can make to update in HQ what the store has in UNDER? this happened day 09 of February. Thanks. ...

Export to XML exports single row only

Copying Data between Workbooks...
Firstly Hi there folks...complete newbie to Excel here and in desperat need of help in many matters...!!! My biggest headache so far is trying to handle my data betwee Workbooks... The scenario: End of everyday I have a worksheet mailed over containing all th details of deals that have been processed etc... Alot of the data is the same day-2-day : Rep Name, Builder Name etc... Now I have a number of reps that I keep track of deals for in my are alone, what I have been doing is opening the worksheet i receive ever night and copying only the relevant entries (By rep name) and the pasting in...

Contacts export display X400 not SMTP

Inporting data to cell that exceeds the size of the cell.
When I import data to the excel-document that exceed the size of the cell, the cell will expand vertical. I want the text to be horizontal. How can I do that? I use text-boxes for import. When I use the fuction display "full screen" in some of my excel documents, I dont see the full screen. It is problably someting in the setup, but what Can somebody help please? SOSK, Prior to the import, set the column width of the cell that will be receiving the data to be as wide as you want it to be after the import. That will allow Excel to spread the data out rather than expanding the row ...

lost Excel data!
I've just deleted some important data from an Excel sheet having moved it to another workbook. Unfortunately I closed the new workbook without saving and I can't find the data! I've not got a backup of the old workbook and the data is not on the clipboard. Is there any way of recovering it? thanks MrBen AFAIK, NO. We all gotta learn sometime (to make backups) -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "MrBen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2305c01c45e8d$7842a610$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I've just deleted some importa...

Export / Import Security

Data Consolidation across workbooks
I am using data consolidation across workbooks using row labels and linked to source data. If I change numbers in my original workbooks, the consolidated workbook reflects those changes; however, if I change a row label, the consolidated workbook does not update. Please does anyone know if there is a way round this? ...

Deserialize and Serialize InfoPath data?
This is a repost from the InfoPath news group. Hi, I am writing a SharePoint application that works with InfoPath forms. When a user submits a completed InfoPath form to a forms library my code processes the posted xml file by reading the data into a C# class object that was generated by XSD.EXE. The class was generated from the myschema.xsd file that is contained in the InfoPath solution with a command line like: xsd.exe myschema.xsd /c With the generated class I can read (Deserialize) InfoPath's xml file into a strongly typed C# object. Manipulate the data using the C# object, and ...

how to extract data from csv file? (part 3)
hi dave thanks so much for your advice and help... i really appreciate it... i have tried your method to change the separator as u said but in fact, mine was already set to the us standard... i run the command again but again the data is all in one column... i know i can record a macro to do the stuff that i need but because i'm working as an analyst and i have to extract data from any csv files as and when needed and they might not have the same structure and it would be faster and more efficient for me if i can run what i need from just one command... what i tried in my command is to t...

Pivot data
My Pivot is pulling in new items (row data) from my datasource when it re-freshes. How can I keep row area static and pull in the new data only? Using the row field dropdown, select ONLY the rows of data you would like to see. When refreshing only those rows will continue to show. -- Hope this helps. If it does, please click the Yes button. Thanks in advance for your feedback. Gary Brown "SCM" wrote: > My Pivot is pulling in new items (row data) from my datasource when it > re-freshes. How can I keep row area static and pull in the new data only? ...

Export item ID?

Exporting email in Outlook Express

Exporting to Powerpoint

Office 2007
I have been working with Office 2007 beta. In prior versions I was able to use the mouse to highlight the cells that were to be added to a chart. I cannot highlight the cells that I need, but have to manually type in the beginning and ending cell range. ...

transferring data from external software
Hello all as regards transferring data from external software ( Priorti ) to Excel (the data will be passed as text file, delimited by tab, notation of fields of text by commas) the Excel delimit the fields both by commas and the tab. How it's possible to change default pattern of Excel so the delimeter will be tab only (the data are passed directly to Excel and therefore I don't have possibility for manual import of the data TNX, eyal semo I have found the answer: Data>Text to Columns>Delimited by "comma" Excel remembers the last use of it (Y?) eyal "Eyal Se...

Export Image Package
I have an access application that has stored .JPG images within the database as a "Package". How can I export the image back to a normal .jpg file so that it can be read by a normal (non ole server) imaging application? ...

TaskPad error: User cannot add/modify data in Custom Fields
Backend: Exchange 2003 Frontend: Outlook 2003 or 2000 (happens in both versions). Problem: I have two users ("A" and "B") who both have full access to their common boss's mailbox ("C"). In C's TaskPad (in the Calendar folder), they have created a couple custom fields/columns. All of a sudden, about a week ago, user B could no longer add/modify any data in the custom fields, though she could access the standard fields just fine. If she sets up the same view in the Tasks folder, she can add/modify just fine. User A can still access the custom fields....

Export registry key
Hi, Is there an API to Export and Extract a registry key in a text format ? I need to simulate the operation that is done by the user of exporting a key (and creating a .reg file in a text format). I do not want to use RegSaveKey/RegRestorekey which work in a binary format. Yoav. I believe you will have to do this yourself. There is no Automation or exported function interface to RegEdit, and that .Reg file concept is a feature of that program. However, it shouldn't be terribly difficult to do this, using RegEnumKeyEx and RegEnumValue or the CRegKey class, use a CStdioFile object...

Export from Excel to Word
I have a 20 page Excel document that has a LOT of formating involved, it is text not data. Is there a way that I get it into Word without having to redo all the formatting? It is 11x17, landscape. Yes: Select the area you wish to copy. While holding the SHIFT key pull-down: Edit > Copy Picture... In the Word document, just paste. Because you have pasted a picture, the formatting will be preserved. Also because its a picture, yo can re-size it as you choose. -- Gary's Student "kath0178" wrote: > I have a 20 page Excel document that has a LOT of formating inv...

hal!KfLowerIrql change data in system memory for SCSI miniport dri
Hi: I'm working with a SCSI miniport driver, and I encountered a very strange problem that I don't know how to handle. Plz help me figure it out, Thanks a lot! I'm trying to write a driver to present a ram disk. I have a FPGA based PCI card, but the RTL in FPGA is unable to handle the DMA operations. So I define a byte array in DEVICE_EXTENSION to present a 16MB RAM. All the data transfers and DMA operations are between the array and system memory. Question 1: I've finished the driver and it works almost successfully, but during the '...

Reverse of export to database
Ave, I would like to generate a Visio drawing starting from an Access database which contains the results of an 'export to database' of an existing drawing. I found import possibilities from Excel, csv, txt files, but not from databases. I'm using Visio 2002 Professional. Greetings, Are you trying to import the data from the database tables or the database schema? If it is the database schema, run the Database modeling template (File \ New \ Database \ Database model diagram) If you want to get the data, try the "Link to Database" dialog (Tools \ Macros \ Visio Extras...

Data file disappeared...what now
Last night (money 2003 premium home and business), I closed my money file as normal. However, I had forgotten to enter something, so I went back to open the file again. WHen I did, I got that little searchlight dialog telling me that it couldn't find my money file. The file had just disappeared into the ether. Were I smarter (and appropriately cynical of Microsoft software quality), I would have immediately opened the backup file. However, instead, I went out looking for my Money file. I found one that I hadn't used in a while and - stupid me - I opened it. That file then...

How do I make the x axis data the y axis data?
My graph automatically makes certain data the y axis and other data the x axis. I need to just reverse it for the graph I am looking for. Any suggestions? SLG, One option is to reverse the positions of the data on the spreadsheet. Assuming an XY chart, you would change a setup like this: x y 5 4 4 2 5 3 7 4 6 5 to this: y x 4 5 2 4 3 5 4 7 5 6 If this doesn't work, can you post back to let us know what type of chart and data you're using? ---- Regards, John Mansfield http://www.pdbook.com "SLG" wrote: > My graph automatically makes certain data the y axis ...