Export from Access to Excel - convert to number

Hi

when I download or copy numbers from Access to Excel a new
feature "convert to number" appears.
I am forced to mark all numbers and click "convert to
numbers" otherwise Excel doesn't calculate.
Is there anyway to download from Access to Excel without
having to convert the text to numbers first (like it used
to be before)?
I have huge data exports and this takes up lots of time.

Thank you, Martina
0
Tiin26 (2)

What version are you using?  From 2000 the "Office LInks"
option "analyze with Excel" avoids this problem (though
this could well be what you are doing in a later version,
if so, sorry for the unhelpful reply.

0
Griahne (1)
7/25/2003 1:37:49 PM
In Access, you can use TransferSpreadsheet in code, e.g.:

DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acExport, acSpreadsheetTypeExcel9, _
   "qryProductionData", strPathFile

or in a macro.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd (439)
7/25/2003 2:59:30 PM
If you leave them as text, you can later convert all to numbers by copying an empty cell, then
select the column of "text numbers" and Edit/Paste Special and select the Add and Values
options.

On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 02:26:14 -0700, "Martina" <Tiin26@yahoo.de> wrote:

>Hi
>
>when I download or copy numbers from Access to Excel a new
>feature "convert to number" appears.
>I am forced to mark all numbers and click "convert to
>numbers" otherwise Excel doesn't calculate.
>Is there anyway to download from Access to Excel without
>having to convert the text to numbers first (like it used
>to be before)?
>I have huge data exports and this takes up lots of time.
>
>Thank you, Martina

0
myrnalarson (223)

removing replicated table information from MS Office Access 2003
I have a tool that exports .xml files which are then imported into a table. If I import the file without any replicated information (ie. s_ColLineage, etc) how would this affect the database? Is it safe to do this? Would I be better off just making the tables not replicable? Thanks On Tue, 4 Mar 2008 03:33:07 -0800, DukeJon <DukeJon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Assuming your Access database does not need replicating, yes, it is safe to omit those fields during import. -Tom. >I have a tool that exports .xml files which are then imported into a table. >If I import the f...

Excel 2007

Trying to find out which numbers occure most often
I�m giving exams to students and want to see if the students are missin the same questions in every class. I have a simple spreadsheet tha has me enter the question number into the column each time a questio is missed. The MODE function can tell me which number is occurrin most often. However, I need to see if there is any other numbers tha are occurring often as well. Is there a command that will allow me to look at the second mos entered number? For example, if I have 5,3,3,2,3,4,3,4,1,3,4, my mod would be 3 as that�s the number that repeats the most. However, happens 3 times and that...

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

Counting number of X's in a column

Excel not Access

help with simple maths in excel

Opening Excel Workbooks

Radar chart in Access 2007 report

How do I use traffic lights in excel

HELP! remote data not accessible msg

Convert date
How can I convert a date in this format (mm-dd-yyyy) to a Julian-date (i.e., YYYYDDD)? For example: 09-13-2003 to 2003256 Hi see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/jdates.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany gary wrote: > How can I convert a date in this format (mm-dd-yyyy) to a > Julian-date (i.e., YYYYDDD)? > > For example: 09-13-2003 to 2003256 On Wed, 8 Sep 2004 10:24:57 -0700, "gary" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How can I convert a date in this format (mm-dd-yyyy) to a >Julian-date (i.e., YYYYDDD)? > >For exa...

Excel DNS query

Number 040
How can I put the numbers starting by zero? I want to put the number 040 as a number but it dont allow me. Any help... -- Drazic ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Drazic's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24602 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=381894 to put 040, enter '040 but this converts it to text. Another method would be to enter 40 and then format the cell as custo and enter 000 in the box. Manges -- mangesh_yada ---------------------------------------------...