explorer pops up automatically after openning excel or word doc...

Hello:
   I have a users, call them rso and lso, that only on
this system this odd thing happens (using his account,
this issue does not exist for admin account).  I have
tried the same steps on another system and same accounts,
but can not repeat the problem...  here is the issue:
when either of them opens NT explorer then double clicks
either Excel or word (the only 2 that I tried so far), the
application opens, and about 4 secs later, the explorer
window pops up in front of the application... very
strange.  Does anyone know what is causing this and how to
fix it?  TIA
0
IT2585 (6)

How to open a form with multiple Args
This line of code is suppose to open another form and use these OpenArgs as values in some of the controls in the new form. DoCmd.OpenForm "Invoice by Dates", acNormal, acWindowNormal, OpenArgs:=Me.txtStartDate.Value & "," & Me.txtEndDate.Value & "," & Me.cmbVendor.Value & "," & Me.cmbReviewer I am able to get it to work for the first two Args, i.e. Me.txtStartDate.Value & "," & Me.txtEndDate.Value but I can't get the other Args to show on the 2nd form. I was using this codes, commaOne = InStr...

OWA
Hi! Hope someone can help me! I would like to create an automatic redirect from HTTP to HTTPS. This would redirect users to our secured Outlook Web Access site in the event they have forgotten to type https. I read somewhere in an MS article that it can be created. We're using Exchange Server 2003 Standard front and back ends. Are there a few good MS articles you would recommend? Thanks in advance for your time! Ninon I found the following article: http://www.techtidbits.net/html/owa_security.html Looks promising... >-----Original Message----- >Hi! > >Hope some...

Excel training
I am giving an advanced training session at a pharmaceutical and wondered if anyone can share with me some exercises involving non-conformance, logistics (dispatching and warehousing) templates or files to use with my students. Thanks for any help... Edwin Hi Edwin, See my Pivot Table tutorial at http://edferrero.m6.net -- Ed Ferrero "Edwin Merced" <edwinmerced@coqui.net> wrote in message news:%23aoZbb5oDHA.2312@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I am giving an advanced training session at a pharmaceutical and wondered if > anyone can share with me some exercises involvin...

Inser Access Query in Word 2000 vs 2003
Hello, Under Word/Access 2000 i used a query to input Access data into into a Word document (joining). In the Access query i had a criteria for wich a message box opened so i could input the selection criteria. So when i opened the Word document the criteria message box popped up. This works fine if i copy both the joining Word document and the Access database (including the query) onto a system with Office professional 2003. However when i make a new Word document in which i want to use the same query it does not work. I do not get the possibility to select the query. When i remove the s...

How do I increase file limitations to convert a file to Excel?
I am trying to convert a large data file from our route accounting software to an Excel worksheet format. Everytime I try the data populates the worksheet through row 16385 and stops and the remaining data is lost. How can I increase the Excel file size to accomodate all my data? I used to experience the same problems importing AS/400 queries into Excel 97. When I upgraded to XL2002, I was able to import beyond 16K+ rows into 1 sheet. The Microsoft KB wasn't much help, but take a look anyway: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=296053 HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----O...

FTP provider for windows 2008 ftp server to automatically delete file after it is downloaded by the client
Hi All, Development Environment: Microsoft Visual Studio 2008, Version 9.0.30729.1 Microsoft .NET Framework Version 3.5 SP1 Windows Server 2008 server service pack1 IIS 7.0 FTP 7.5 service Reference : http://learn.iis.net/page.aspx/632/how-to-use-managed-code-c-to-create-an-ftp-provider-that-sends-an-email-when-files-are-uploaded/ Required: FTP provider for windows 2008 ftp server to automatically delete file after it is downloaded by the client Problem: I have followed each steps as mention in above link. I have implemented following interface method. ...

Combining two excel sheets into one, where one sheet has multiple values?
I have two excel sheets Sheet 1, and Sheet 2 within one Excel document. Sheet 1 has columns Name of a Person, PersonIDnumber Sheet 2 has columns PersonIDnumber, Email address of that person Combining them into one sheet which has Name of Person, PersonIDNumber, Email address can be done using VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet2!A:B,2,FALSE) The issue is Sheet 2 has multiple rows for the same PersonIDnumber meaning PersonIDnumber Email address of person 324 someone@yahoo.com 324 some_one@gmail.com 324 someone_76@hotmail.com Is there a way I can combine S...

Intellimouse Explorer 2
My computer just installed the latest update for Office, now have version 11.3. Now, the zoom in and out buttons on the side of my mouse only magnify the desktop -- everything magnifies, and there is no zoom in Word or Excel. Word documents start at 120% and clicking mouse side buttons will magnify the page and the entire desktop. No way to zoom out. Only way to change page sizes is to go to zoom from View. I reinstalled original mouse drivers, and even downloaded newer driver, did not make any difference. I am in the middle of writing a book, use Word hours on end, and know for a fact the zo...

Send/Receive made automatic
I have Outlook 2003. Is there a way to configure the Send/Receive so that I'll have my email waiting for me when I go into the program? Now I always have to click on the Send/Receive and wait several minutes before the recent email appears. One more little problem. Every time I write an email the color of my font is automatically blue. I then have to select the whole passage and click on the black in the box to change the color. Is there a way to always make the font black unless I want to change it to chartruese or something? I should be able to figure these things o...

EXCEL PRECENTAGE FORMULA
I AM TRYING TO DESIGN THE FORMULA TO OBTAIN THE PRECENTAGE OF EACH LINE ITEM EXPENSE. EXAMPLE HORSE FEED 2,000 AND TOTAL OF ALL EXPENSES IS 230,000. CAN SOMEONE HELP? -- J SMITH ="Horse Feed"/"Total" or in Excel language =A1/B1 where A1 holds the horse feed and B1 the total format as percentage Regards, Peo Sjoblom "JIM SMITH" wrote: > I AM TRYING TO DESIGN THE FORMULA TO OBTAIN THE PRECENTAGE OF EACH LINE ITEM > EXPENSE. EXAMPLE HORSE FEED 2,000 AND TOTAL OF ALL EXPENSES IS 230,000. CAN > SOMEONE HELP? > -- > J SMITH If your indivi...

Getting currentt;y type title,url and keywords from explorer
Here is my problem The program should simply read the webpage that the user is looking at and grab the 'Title', the 'keywords' meta tags and the URL of the page being looked at. Here is an example: 1a user visits http://www.insure.com/ 2.The software grabs the title, keywords and URL. 3.The software makes a list of the keywords and phrases found. 4. an add to file please some one help i requiredit immediately ...

Does Outlook's junk filter open closed ports?
I am putting a router on my cable connection for a computer running XP Home. I have read that many 3rd party mail filters keep a port open because they filter the e-mail before it gets to your computer. Is this also true of Outlook 2000's filters? If so, can anybody recommend how to prevent it happening with outlook's built in filters or reccomend a 3rd part filtering program? No, Outlook 2000 filters are rules based. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "...

XML and Excel!
Hello! I need a XML-Export for my Software. Now I have created some test files, which can be read under XML Notepad or Internet Explorer whitout any error. But if i want to open the file under Excel, i get the following problems: 1.) Data fields with only numbers are displayed twice. 2.) The data fields where sortet in alphabetical order automatically. I want a standard XML-File which works with every Software. Can anyone help me, or give me a hint? Thanks and greetings, christian. Sorry Christian, No such thing exists. "Christian-Josef Schrattenthaler" <NoSpam@Thank.Y...

Conditional Opening of Excel file
Hi, I have a complex workbook that relies on various SUMIF's from othe reference workbooks. If these aren't open, then obviously the formula don't work. As it's for someone else; I want a piece of VB so that when they *open the main workbook, it checks to see if the ref file is open, and i not, it automatically opens it for them. A bit like this sub worksheetopen '(Not sure where this should go in parent book) if workbook("Referencefile.xls") is NOT open then workbook("referencefile.xls").open endif endsub Any ideas folks?:confused -- Message p...

Explorer view changed
Hi I have Ultimate SP2. I have three hard drives and have a shortcut to each, a short while ago (this morning) the view in Explorer changed, I used to have the Drive and it's folders on the left side and the folders or sub folder on the right. Now I have a "Favorite Links" on the left and the folders on the right. How do I get my original view back? Thanks Daniel On 12/15/09, Daniel posted: > Hi > I have Ultimate SP2. > I have three hard drives and have a shortcut to each, a short while ago (this > morning) > the view in Exp...

Have the need to sort text code-values within same Excel cell
Got column with thousands of cells containg different codes, e.g., cell P357 --> {X, A, B2, T83, M19}; cell P425 --> {T83, A, X, M19, B2}, etc ... Need a way to sort these individual cells in a similar order so I can aggregate the number of cells containing the same set of codes/values ... I am somehow familiar with the basic Excel functionality but above situation is really challenging me ! Thanks in advance .. Say each of the cells in column A contains a list of 5 codes separated by commas. First copy column A into columns B, C, D, and E. Next set and Au...

explorer
I use maximo and Explorer 8 and have problems opening the start center subfolders in maximo Can be from Explorer "Adrian 44" <Adrian 44@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3A986D95-8FF4-48AA-86CB-22E12BD5FD68@microsoft.com... >I use maximo and Explorer 8 and have problems opening the start center > subfolders in maximo > Can be from Explorer Any help here: http://www.maximokb.com/kb/index.php?View=entry&EntryID=119 Good luck, Donald Anadell ...

Problem with saving excel 2003 files on network
I have a recurring problem with Excel 2003, when a user is trying to save an existing file on the network after a few minor changes in the file. Excel will shut down and no changes will be saved in the original file. But a different file is saved in the same folder without the .xls extension This new file contains all changes and the file can be opened in Excel. We have 25 users and the problem arises about one time every day for one of the users. The problem did not exist in Excel 2000 (we upgraded to Excel 2003 a few month ago) Why does this problem arise? What can be done to ...

Automatic Numbering Upwards
I'm trying to set out a worksheet for payments out for my company. The only thing that I'm having trouble with is the record number field. I could type the incremental number at the beginning of each record myself but I was wondering if it was possible to get Excel to do that automatically. If possible, I'd like to have it enter the next number up in the field below when a new record is added. Is this possible? TIA -- Alex01 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Alex01's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&use...

Handling large excel files
Hi All, I handle large excel files on a daily basis ( 20 - 40 megs) and opening them takes a painful lot of time in my Thinkpad. Most of the time I just need to work with only 1 or 2 work sheet in a file. Is there a way I can make the Excel application load worksheets in an on- demand basis? Thanks, Sundar Sundar There is no build in facility to do this and I suspect any code solution will take just as long. What you could do if there are a regular two or three sheets is have some workbook_close() event code to move those sheets off each time so you have a fresh separate workbook to vie...

wordart automatic style
Hey, How do I create a wordart text without the automatic "style" being chosen for me. I just upgraded to 2007 and I don't like that I can't just type a plain text in wordart. Any ideas? -- Thank! You can download the older WordArt utility. How you use it>> Insert, Object, scroll down to Microsoft WordArt 3.2. It will work in 2007. Publisher 2003/2002 Add-in: WordArt Compatibility http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=897AA11B-A37D-4586-A1A7-54BBEA375AE2&displaylang=en -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps...

Excel links cells
I would like to know if and how to link couple of cells, Let's say I have inserted a code in a cell, this code is corresponding to coulpe of values in a tabele. I would like that Excel would automatically insert the corresponding values of this code (from the table) in different cells on the same raw. Example: Say I punch a code in cell A1 like GH23(which has a value in a table of 15 points and grade 5), then I would like that automatically Excel would insert the value of this code 15 in the cell A2 and the vaule of its grade 5 in cell A3. I would grealty appreciate any help. Tha...

Excel document protection
I need to set up an Excel document that will serve as a template, where others can make changes and "Save As" another file name, but not change the original document. I'm using Excel 2003. Any suggestions on how to do that? Thanks! fxjennie, save the file as a template, file save as, save as type change to template, then when you open the file it will open a copy of the file, will this work? -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Us...

Re: Internet Explorer
I am using IE 6, and this does not seem to work. The ASSERT call fails. Any ideas how I can get this to work? Thanks for your help. ------------------------------------------------------------ To attach to an existing IE, See KB Article Q176792 "HOWTO: Connecting to a Running Instance of Internet Explorer". -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com wrote in message news:6f991d63028915aaa2b7df79c6c7a824@news.scbiz.com... | Let's say somebody has an Internet Explorer browser window | already open. Could someone tell me how to make that window | navigate to a part...

Pivot table chart
Hi All, I have a chart that contains several input created through a pivot table. For making my chart clear I decided to apply 3 colors for my inputs some are green, some are yellow and some are red. But after each refresh, I get the default colors coming back. How can I remove this default color setting and save my color choice ? thanks for your replys Denis Hi, Loss of chart formating on refresh is a know bug. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q215904 Cheers Andy Denis Le Bellego wrote: > Hi All, > I have a chart that contains several input created through a ...