Exel Problems!

Any help with my 2 problems would be much appreciated.

1) I have selected 'wrap text' format for a number of cells - however the
text is not wrapping and does not display. The cell does not extend and the
text cannot be seen.

2) I have saved my spreadsheet with another one open - now I have 'Links' to
other pages. When I open the spreadsheet I get a message notifying me of
this. I have gone to the Edit - Links option - which lets me see the links.
However I really want to delete them.

Cheers,
Phil
0
PW11111 (15)

Hi
2): goto: http://oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm

and search for Findlink.zip
(http://oaltd.co.uk/DLCount/DLCount.asp?file=FindLink.zip)

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"PW11111" <PW11111@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> Any help with my 2 problems would be much appreciated.
>
> 1) I have selected 'wrap text' format for a number of cells - however
the
> text is not wrapping and does not display. The cell does not extend
and the
> text cannot be seen.
>
> 2) I have saved my spreadsheet with another one open - now I have
'Links' to
> other pages. When I open the spreadsheet I get a message notifying me
of
> this. I have gone to the Edit - Links option - which lets me see the
links.
> However I really want to delete them.
>
> Cheers,
> Phil

0
frank.kabel (11126)
12/9/2004 4:55:11 PM
Saved from a previous post:

(for #1)

Any chance that it's actually wrapping correctly, but the rowheight isn't
adjusting?

If the cell is merged, adjust the rowheight manually (merged cells and
rowheights don't play well together).

If the rowheight has been set manually, format|row|autofit and that row should
adjust automatically (provided it's not merged).

And if the text just seems to fizzle out, maybe it's because you have a long
string in that cell.  You can add some alt-enters to force new lines within the
cell to make it look ok.

--

Dave Peterson
0

Sorting Problems #4
User has Excel 2000. This spreadsheet has a column identified as an ID# but the numbering is not consistent. The majority within the data are 5-digit numbers. There are some that start with a leading zero. There are also some 10+ digit numbers which have letters in them, generally at the end. There are even some records that do not have any ID and that field is blank. So far we have not been able to get a good sort out of the data. The sort first gives us the 11xxx numbers, followed by 2 through 8 5-digit numbers, then followed by the 5-digit numbers with a leader zero. Then it gives som...

CComboBox and sort problem
I have created a new class called CComboSub that derives from CComboBox. Now the combobox will not sort the strings added to it. It has the CBS_SORT style and does not have the ownerdraw style. This new class was created so that I could trap keystrokes and auto-locate entries in the list. There is a CComboSub member data object in the dialog's class and it's bound to the control with DDX_Control(...). My other standard comboboxes sort properly. Does anyone have an idea why simply deriving from CComboBox has deactivated sorting? Are you overriding any of the functions of CComboBox cl...

OUTLOOK.EXE
Recently I receive this message anytime I open outlook or any other program. Any ideas? I updated my outlook with the one update on the windows website. OUTLOOK.EXE - Bad Image. The application or DLL C:\WINDOWS\System32\msimtf.dll is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette. Gail ...

Web Enabled Excel Interface Problem
We are building a web enabled interface with Excel. The web site is intended to perform statistical operations on user-selected variables. We want to produce a chart with X/Y scatter plots and trend lines. We seem to see that Excel does not support the ability to chart and add a trend line automatically thru the web without unacceptable user interaction. Does anyone out there have any experience with this kind of thing they'd like to share? Thanks for any and all responses. As always, I will make future posts to share our experiences on this issue. Terry ...

Problem with XmlTextWriter
Hi, I am currently trying to output my environment variables to a file in XML. It's currently failing with an InvalidOperationException when it executes the xw.WriteStartElement("Variable") for the second time. The exception details are: "Token StartElement in state Epilog would result in an invalid XML document." I'm sure it's something obvious. What am I missing? Regards, Tony XmlTextWriter xw = new XmlTextWriter(@"C:\test.xml",Encoding.UTF8); xw.WriteStartDocument(); foreach (DictionaryEntry de in Environment....

Locking / Protect problem
I have a spreadsheet that needs to be "locked down" but it is a questionaire styled sheet. Most of the questions on this sheet use radio button or check box selection and must be accessible by the user but there are also cells containing formulas which must be hidden/locked. I am able to specify the specific cells containing formulas as locked or unlocked, turn on protection with a password and access to those cells functions correctly. However, although I have individually selected each radio button and check box component and 'unlocked' them, when I turn on protec...

Problem with ImageList #2
Hi, I'm using an Image list to insert bitmaps onto tab strips, but the tab strips are blank upon execution. The code is: m_tbCtrl is my tab control variable. CImageList m_ImageList; CBitmap m_bitmapImage; HIMAGELIST hList = ImageList_Create(32,32, ILC_COLOR8 | ILC_MASK,1,0); m_ImageList.Attach(hList); m_bitmapImage.LoadBitmap(IDB_BITMAP6); m_ImageList.Add( &m_bitmapImage , RGB(255,255,255) ); m_tbCtrl.SetImageList(&m_ImageList); m_tbCtrl.InitDialogs(); m_tbCtrl.InsertItem(0," ",0); // 1 tab m_tbCtrl.InsertItem(1," ",0); // 2 tab m_tbCtrl....

round problem
When I do the following: A1 = ? 1743.14 A2 = ? 9940.34 A3 = ? 10855.77 A4 = "=A1+A2-A3" The result is 827.71 But when i put my cel properties on 20 decimals I get this result 827.709999999999 How is this possible? Kees Hi Kees, http://support.microsoft.com/kb/78113 -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Keesb" <dummy@fun.nl> wrote in message news:eX9cysq6GHA.348@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... | When I do the following: | A1 = ? 1743.14 | A2 = ? 9940.34 | A3 = ? 10855.77 | A4 = "=A1+A2-A3" | | The result is 827.71 | But when i put my cel prop...

Stationery Problem
My boss has had a couple of complaints about his email logo from some recipients of his emails. They say that his logo has tiled across the whole email and they have trouble reading his message. He has used this same email logo stationery for years and never received any complaints like this. Any ideas??????????? Thanks. ...

having problems with DSMOD not ignoring errors
Hi, I am trying to remove all users in a specific OU from a group. The command that I am giving is below dsquery user "ou=TestOU,dc=domainname,dc=com" -limit 10000 | dsmod group "CN=Test_Group,ou=Groups,dc=domainname,dc=com" -rmmbr -c From what I understand, the -c tells dsmod to ignore errors and continue. But this is not happening. It stops as soon as it comes across someone that is already not a member of the group. What am I doing wrong? On a side note it would be REALLY nice if when looking at group membership that I can sort on the Active Dire...

Exchange 2003 Calendar Problem
I am running a single Exchange 2003 server on Windows 2003 Server in a Windows 2000 native domain. At one remote division I have a problem where user can not access shared calendars and get the following message when attempting to view a calendar: Unable to display the folder. Cannot open the mailbox for this user because the user does not have a server mailbox. You most likely attempted to open the mailbox for a user who is not part of your Exchange Server organization (either not part of your network, is external to your company, or is part of a segment of your e-mail server confi...

problem sending mail with OE but not with Outlook
hi, Not sure if anyone have had this problem before and asked in the newsgroup, anyway, I'm having problem sending mail with Outlook Express, no problem with smtp server, connection, anti virus or anything as I've setup the same account with Outlook in the same machine and manage to send mail. Any advise? thank you ...

e-mail problem
hello, after installing a linksys WRT54G Broadband Router, I can no longer send e-mails through Outlook Express. Any ideas? This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the Office family for Intel PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie55.outlookexpress for OE 5.5x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress for OE 6.x microsoft.public.interne...

macrio soft exel
sir i want to find that ,in the row of an exel sheet if i hilighted one or more one cell then i want to count that cell how?i can found ? There is no built-in excel function to do this. But you can use a UDF that looks at the range and returns the sum of color. But that function will not recalculate if you change color. Every time you change the color you will need to recalculate or wait excel to recalculate... To install the UDF (User Defined function). From workbook launch VBE using Alt+F11. From menu Insert a Module and paste the below function.Close and get back to work...

Exel
När jag ska starta Exel kommer det upp. Systemets resursnivå är låg sedan låser sig datorn. Kan starta word och access. Datorn har ca 70 % ledigt systemresurer. Kan någon hjälpa mig tacksam för svar. "Kent" <Kent@discussions.microsoft.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:D0216FE5-EFBF-4711-878D-6A1C817AFD88@microsoft.com... > N�r jag ska starta Exel kommer det upp. Systemets resursniv� �r l�g sedan > l�ser sig datorn. Kan starta word och access. > Datorn har ca 70 % ledigt systemresurer. > Kan n�gon hj�lpa mig tacksam f�r sv...

MS Outlook Problem
When I try to open outlook 2000 , It gets hangs. What could be the problem? Is it because of pst size? What to do to prevent this? Close Outlook. Find and rename outcmd.dat to .old. (If using Windows 2000 or XP, you will need to enable searching hidden and system folders.) Once you have done so, reopen Outlook and it should open fine. You will need to rebuild any custom toolbars or customizations as the file outcmd.dat controls how the toolbars display. When it becomes corrupted, it will cause Outlook to hang because it cannot create the toolbars that you expect. --� Milly Staples ...

transfer exel report to a usb flash drive F
transfer exel doc.to new flash drive 2.0 *SAVE* to your hard drive, THEN, Use Windows explorer to *COPY* to the flash drive! *DON'T* save to the flash drive! -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! --------------------------------------------------------------------------- "rexdaleyou" <rexdaleyou@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E141BFCD-FA4C-4C6E-97DE-20300EDCAACF@microsoft.com... > transfer exel doc.to new flash drive 2.0 C...

Switching problem between dialog and view
Hello, I have a CFormView.I need a menu for my chile window seperately. So on my view I attached a dialog which has a menu. When I click on view, the dialog appears to be grayed, but when clicked on dialog the menu appears to be enabled. The same is the case with view, it appears to be grayed when clicked on dialog(i.e menu on dialog). Is there any way to make the dialog appear as enabled always irrespective of the focus on it? can anyone please help me to solve this? Thanks Madhavi ...

Problem with file name during save
When I try to save a file (Save as) ony the first character is listed as the file name. I can change the name using explorer and then it is OK. Any idas? There have been a few posts describing the same problem. I searched google and found this: http://google.com/groups?threadm=020101c30916%2442320250%24a501280a%40phx.gbl The last post in the thread suggested an answer. (I think it has something to do with WindowsXP). I don't think I've ever seen this option in Win98 or WinNT.) Copying from that post: From: Donut Man (mikeclouser@iname.com) Subject: Re: excel save problem ...

Problem with a VB script
Hallo I hope some one can help me i have problem with the following code it sometimes works and sometimes it does not. Basicly what it does it looksup a User ID in a table CDS that needs to match the string cdsid and if it matches keep loading the page if they do not match go do the redirect some some casses it works fine but then i have casses where it does not work even do the User-ID is in the table. <% Dim rs2, strPfadDB2, SQL2 strPfadDB2 = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" & _ Server.MapPath("\fpdb\CDS_Table.mdb") &a...

problem with backing up file to disc
Hi Hope somebody can help me I am runnning an old PC with Windows 98 and upgraded to Money 2006 from Money 2001. Money is set to create a backup every time I close and I set it to backup to my 3.5" floppy drive. The discs I have have a capacity of 1.44 MB getting a error saying that there is not unough space on the disc for the backup. It says multiple disc backup and then retry or cancel. So I hit rety and can't make a backup. How do I back up on multiple discs? Any help would be appreciaterd. Kaja In microsoft.public.mone...

An interesting problem???
Need help from a real Outlook guru. Problem: after testing several outlook add-ons my user cannot start the outlook import/export wizard because that option is dimmed(grayed out) under the file menu. Interestingly, whenever another user accesses outlook on that machine, the import/export wizard option is available. It appears that all the Outlook system files are OK but something is wrong from the user configuration side. Ideas anyone? Any help greatly appreciated. Have you tried uninstalling the Outlook add-ins the user was testing? -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MV...

Problem with reports (rdl) in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0
Hi All, We have recently upgraded from crm3.0 to crm4.0. We are facing issue with our CRM 3.0 cutom reports (rdl ). We have already converted our SRS 2000 reports to SRS 2005 and uploaded it successfully to our reporting server as well. The problem is that those reports are not visible inside CRM 4.0. Regards, Nishant Rana You just need to add the RDL's througth the reports interface within CRM 4.0. The 3.0 to 4.0 upgrade does not support custom reports so thats why you have to add them in after the upgrade. Kind Regards Ian ...

Password protect folders in Exel
Does anyone know how to protect all files in a folder by password? ...

error with exel
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel when opening excel files get error message saying not enough memory. Make sure Office & OS X are fully updated, repair disk permissions, then restart your Mac. HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 5/18/10 6:41 PM, in article 59bb8aa5.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "jaw@officeformac.com" <jaw@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel when > opening excel files get error message saying not enough memory. ...