Exclusive use Problem

My office is having a problem with multiple individuals in a file at the same
time.  These files are supposed to be in an exclusive use format where one
individual has the file locked for editing.  Others are supposed to be only
able to view the file in read only format.  Sometimes there is a glitch and
two people on the network will be allowed to be in the file at the same time,
and both will be allowed to make changes within the file.  Does anyone know
why this occurs?  Thanks.
0
tc1 (130)

The use of SSPI in a connection sting from SSRS to SSAS
I get the following error every once in a while from users: The connection either timed out or was lost Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. This is a Load Balanced SSRS report to a SSAS server using Kerberos. Kerberos seems to check out as we logged an issue to Microsoft about three months ago and found no issues on the Microsoft side; we did increase the VIP (Zeus) timeout to solve some authentication issues. 1) User is in the correct group 2) group has browser rights to the report 3) group ha...

SSRS Report using exec stored procedure
I have a report that takes a long time to run, and I'd like to use pre-filtering. But, the data source for the report is a SQL stored procedure, and using CRMAF doesn't seem to work within the sproc. So, SRS gurus, can you use a stored procedure as the data source, yet still enable the user to pre-filter before running the report? Many thanks, Dave Yes you can, please see this blog post - http://mscrm4u.blogspot.com/2008/11/using-custom-database-for-reporting.html Regards, Chris On Aug 27, 12:35=A0am, ChrisC <chris.co...@vizola.com> wrote: > Yes you can, please see th...

How can I use my Brush In DrawDragRect method
Hi, I'm useing DrawDragRect() method of CClientDC. I want to use my brush to draw the rect. I'm passing my own brush in this method, but it is not using this brush. Please help me. Thanks in advance. ...

What function/formula should I use?
Hi Can you please advise how I would set up a tax calculator. The parameters are as below Tax thresholds($) Tax rate(% 0 – 6,000 6001 – 21,600 1 21,601 – 58,000 3 58,001 – 70,000 4 70,001 plus 4 I want to be able to enter a gross annual salary and use a formula/function to calculate total tax (taking into account differing thresholds) Can this be done Thanks Please don't multi-post! See Peo's answer in the Functions group. -- Regards, RD -------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may ...

Outlook 2000 with Office 2003 Problem
What is the problem? Robert Findlay Partner Technical Lead -- Outlook/Office Setup Microsoft Technical Support for Platforms and Business Applications -------------------- >Thread-Topic: Outlook 2000 with Office 2003 Problem >thread-index: AcPkT4Nm/AUXYOifThSzZVjctNmBhg== >X-Tomcat-NG: microsoft.public.outlook >From: "=?Utf-8?B?Qm9iYmkgVHJpbWFyY28=?=" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> >Subject: Outlook 2000 with Office 2003 Problem >Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 13:01:05 -0800 >Lines: 0 >Message-ID: <A3EC577E-3494-4F67-AFEF-464A82A2EF99@microsoft...

Application Problems
I'm having trouble opening any Office 2004 Mac application. I've restarted multiple times, I've downloaded the software again but it still won't work. The applications try to start but then stop. Any suggestions? In article <721D46CD-7C44-46B3-9128-620B61690297@microsoft.com>, jnumac <jnumac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'm having trouble opening any Office 2004 Mac application. I've restarted > multiple times, I've downloaded the software again but it still won't work. > The applications try to start but then stop. Any s...

Big problem with Exchange 2000 Information store (STORE.EXE)
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_003C_01C41DC1.87514380 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="windows-1250" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable =20 Hello =20 For the last few days, we=92re having a huge problem with performance of = our Exchange 2000 server (sp3 installed) running on Windows 2000 Server = (with SP4), dual CPU 500 MHz, 512 MB RAM. The STORE.EXE process is using about 110 MB of RAM and the CPU = performance is always above 50-60%. (store.exe is using min 50%). During = work day, the CPU has risen to 100%, so all of our compa...

Changing forecolor problem
I tried using the forecolor property but for some reason I cannot get this option whenever I type Me.IncAmtPaid. --> usually it gives me an option and it only has one option "Value" I want to change the text color when the value is > 31999 to red. Here's the code I came up with to get the value of IncAmtPaid: ----- varW = Nz(DLookup("[rptDate]", "Monthly Payment Info", _ "[License#] = '" & Me.[License#] & "' And [rptDate] = #" _ & xrptPrevDate & "#"), "0") ...

Exclusive mode
Developed a series of databases and applications in Access 2003. Now I am converting them to 2007. Access 2007 will not allow the conversion due to the fact that the database was open in exclusive mode. I have changed all the mode settings to shared but still not able to convert. Is there something new in 2007 that I have not found that turns exclusive mode off to allow the conversion. Thanks -- Robert ...

Same Variable to be used in different Sub's
Hi, I need to create variables for worksheet names and the same for filter criteria that will be used in different subs in the module - do i need to 'declare' each time in a new sub? ex: Sub X1() V1 = "GI-ACE" Sheets(V1).Select Call S End Sub Sub S() ActiveSheet.UnProtect ("util") Range("B43:BW200").Select Selection.ClearContents Sheets("Data").Select Selection.AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:=V1 '#####this is where it fails' Range("E3:G800").Select Selection.Copy Sheets(V1).Select '#####th...

RBL and exclusions
Hi, running Exchange 2003 SP 2, have setup RBL's to assist in Spam control. One in use is the Spam Cop site... everything is working fine - except a user who is on GMail that gets blocked - sometimes. I go to Spam Cop's site and see this GMail server's IP has been blocked, something like 11 times in the last 14 days. Can I white list/allow, a single person/emailer, like "jane@gmail.com"... or does the way an RBL work - does it block any and all traffic from a "known" domain IP address? So it's an all or nothing block? TIA - Dodge On Wed, 1 Feb 2006 13...

Problem with Tax variables on receipt
Hello, I have 2 questions about the full page receipt. Is it possible to - display the tax % or tax code per line (item) on a receipt? And which variables I have to use. And - I want on the bottom the totals per tax %: Total without tax, Total tax, Total with tax Hope somebody can help me with this, because I get it working. -- Kind regards, Raymond Bakker ReBuS b.v. The Netherlands Hello, Finaly the first question works :) I used entry.taxcode, but this doesn't work. But entry.taxrate (only for internal use is saw) works fine! Now I have only one problem left, hope somebody ...

OFFICE 2007 Problems
Why does my text jump back several lines when I hit 'Enter" when composing a test document? Probably under Page Layout options, the Vertical Alignment has been set to CENTRE instead of TOP. -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "office 2007" <office 2007@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C31DD438-74A9-4C3F-9DEF-FAA6BC856DEB@microsoft.com... > Why does my text jump back several lines when I hit 'Enter" when composing > a > test document? ...

Use of subkeys in SetRegistryKey
The following code causes ini settings to be stored in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Company\Product Group\<application name> \<section name>\<value name> SetRegistryKey("Company\\Product Group"); This is what I want it to do, but there is nothing in the documentation to say that this should work. Is this unsupported behaviour that may not work in future windows versions or supported but undocumented behaviour? Thanks <dimstthomas@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1190714009.923549.98910@k79g2000hse.googlegroups.com... > The following code causes ini sett...

Using Parameters in Graph
Is there a way to use Parameter in the Graphs in Access Reporting? I have a straight graph and then graphs with cross tab queries? Your 'straight graph' pulls data via some SQL statement as does the crosstab query. These can be edited to include parameters or better yet would be to use a form with unbound text boxes for entering the parameters and refer to the text boxes in the criteria of the SQL. -- Build a little, test a little. "Alaska1" wrote: > Is there a way to use Parameter in the Graphs in Access Reporting? I have a > straight ...

adding multiple new recrods using popup form
Hi, I have a main form, frmEvents, which contains a datasheet subform, frmEvetsSub, listing each meeting that occured at a particular event. I'd like the users to be able to click a button to add new meetings to the event by opening a data entry form, frmMeetingDetails. The problem I'm having is that I'd like them to be able to enter multiple meetings with frmMeetingDetails, and if I set it to "Data Entry = Yes" it only allows one meeting at a time. Then the user has to go back to frmEvents and click the button again to enter more meetings. There is a...

email signatures using word as editor
This may be a dumb question - sorry... When I'm using Word as the email editor, how do I insert a signature into an email. It was a simple Insert->Signature when I wasn't using Word. I can't seem to do it through inserting Autotext. Thanks. David WordMail does not include an Insert | Signature command like the regular Outlook editor. If you want to be able to insert a signature into a WordMail message manually, you can create an AutoText entry for each signature. You can then insert them with the Insert | AutoText command. Or, create multiple signatures the normal way (T...

Using Business Unit
Hi, How I can set each Oportunity to specific Business Unit doesn't matter the Ower from Opportunity? I need creat a user that can see (only read) specific Oppotunities. ...

What ports does RMS use
Can anyone tell me what ports RMS needs open in a firewall to work? Having issues where RMS is saying it can't connect to the internet to approve the CC. Has anyone had this problem before? RMS itself does not use any ports. If you are on the database server you will need to have port 1433 open for SQL traffic though. -- Thank you, Ryan Sakry Program Manager Retail Information Technology Enterprises (RITE) rsakry@rite.us http://www.rite.us 320-230-2282 ext. 4002 (Office) 320-230-1796 (Fax) "WIS Pubs" <WISPubs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0744E...

Issues with Store.exe dying during Backup (using Backup Exec 10)
When I'm backing up my users' mailboxes, I've been having an issue in where Backup Exec 10 is losing connection to the Exchange Server (2003, SP2) when it's backing up because store.exe is dying. Here's the event logs that appear when it dies: Faulting application store.exe, version 6.5.7638.2, faulting module exchmem.dll, version 6.5.7638.1, fault address 0x000053b4. - Application error (1000) Faulting application store.exe, version 6.5.7638.2, stamp 434353c1, faulting module exchmem.dll, version 6.5.7638.1, stamp 430e813e, debug? 0, fault address 0x000053b4. - Microso...

Problem opening Excel 2003 workbooks
I can open a new workbook on Excel 2003 and complete a spreadsheet to give me the results I need. I then save it and close it. When I go back to open it I get a message that says "The file cannot be opened because your virus software has detected a problem with the file". Any ideas? ...

Shared Access DB is Locked in Exclusive Mode
I have an application in VB6-SP6 that uses an Access database for the back-end. Initially, it was only going to be used my one person (me), so I did not create the ability to have multiple users log into it. In order to accomodate additional users using the application, I put the database on a network drive and installed the front-end on the other users' desktops. When opening the database, I now pass through for it to open the database in Shared Mode. I realize this could cause issues, if multiple people are making changes, but the other users are just using the program to look up ...

Help! Being Used As A Relay
I am running Exchange 5.5 and I've noticed that I have a ton of mail messages in my IMS Queue waiting to be delivered. They are all unknown senders and recipients. I've followed Microsoft's instructions to prohibit relaying, but I still get messages coming through. When I telnet my server and type in RCPT TO: xx@xx.xx I get "550 Relaying Prohibited". When I check the "Diagnostic Logging" file created by the "SMTP Protocol Log", I can see the RCPT TO: xx@xx.xx and it is followed with "350 Go Ahead". I would have thought to see &...

NULL problem with Created table
Hi From vb.net I create a table with columns with this SQL: strSQL = "Create Table tmpItems ([id] Counter,[ProgTexst] text(150) Null,[PosNo] int Null,[PlcGroup] int Null,[LimitNo] int,[Machine] YesNo,PRIMARY KEY(id)) " The table is connected to a datagrid. Everything works fine as long I am adding or changing values in the grid, and use an "UpdateCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()" on each cell change. but the Update command fail with this error "Syntax error in UPDATE statement". when I do an Update command on an Int column and the value is Null. Something wrong w...

Using Rules Wizard, bcc all sent emails
Any way to Bcc all sent emails to another mailbox on an exchange server? ...