excluding repeating values

I have a column wuth date and some entries are repeating. I want to copy that
data to another column, but do not want to copy duplicate values ( I want to
exclude repeating values when copying and pasting). Is there an option to do
that?
Thanks. Neda
0
neda5 (22)

Take a look at

    http://contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html#FilterUR

In article <CE251167-21F0-470D-9641-508FD96D54FD@microsoft.com>,
 "neda5" <neda5@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I have a column wuth date and some entries are repeating. I want to copy that
> data to another column, but do not want to copy duplicate values ( I want to
> exclude repeating values when copying and pasting). Is there an option to do
> that?
> Thanks. Neda
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
7/10/2005 10:29:57 PM
Thanks. Worked fine. Neda

"JE McGimpsey" wrote:

> Take a look at
>
>     http://contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html#FilterUR
>

> In article <CE251167-21F0-470D-9641-508FD96D54FD@microsoft.com>,
>  "neda5" <neda5@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > I have a column wuth date and some entries are repeating. I want to copy that
> > data to another column, but do not want to copy duplicate values ( I want to
> > exclude repeating values when copying and pasting). Is there an option to do
> > that?
> > Thanks. Neda

0
neda5 (22)

gci and -include and -exclude
I am trying get a limited set of files from a directory tree. The following is what i want but it doesn't work. I get everything. get-childitem -LiteralPath \rm5_0_code_h\source -include *.frm,*.ctl,*.bas,*.cls,*.cs,*.cpp,*.hpp,*.sql,*.java -Recurse I have even tried to exclude what i don't want but it doesn't seem to matter. get-childitem -LiteralPath $path -include *.frm,*.ctl,*.bas,*.cls,*.cs,*.cpp,*.hpp,*.sql,*.java -recurse -exclude *alter*.sql,*.dll,*.pdb,*.ncb,*.tlb,*.scc,*.bmp,*.ico i still get them all. what am i doing wrong? dan you have to a...

Reading Registry Values
Hello, I am using the CRegKey class, and I am wondering how I can read values from the registry. Sincerely, James Simpson Straightway Technologies http://straightway.no-ip.com Try you should open the parent Key before reading a child registry using CRegKey::Open() CRegKey::QueryValue(..) methods for reading regsitry .. -- ------------------------------------------------------------------------- FIGHT BACK AGAINST SPAM! Download Spam Inspector, the Award Winning Anti-Spam Filter http://mail.giantcompany.com "James Simpson" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

Accessing default values in Integration Manager VBScripts
Does anyone know of a way to access the default values that are used in an integration? We are running inventory transactions into GP using IM. For the 'Document Number' field in the inventory transaction, we are using the 'Use Default' option which permits GP to assign a number to the transaction. However, we need to update a 3rd party table in the 'After Document' script that needs this number. Is there any way to find out what default value was actually assigned to this record? This doesn't work: docNum = DestinationFields("Document Number") After th...

I have a question with repeat open and close table
hello,everybody: I write one thread with use Vc6 IDE and I need repeat read data from table , but it had throw error message when my application is runing. Error message is: This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. please contact the application's support team for mor information�� My segment of code fellow: /* return false if empty data */ bool CReadData::OpenTable() { ASSERT(m_pConn != NULL); //ado connection ASSERT(m_pTable_SMO != NULL); // table try { if (m_pTable_SMO->GetState() & adStateOp...

retrive value from lookup screen
hi, i hv small problem i make refrence for smartlist (SL)in GP form to enable me open the SL lookup form ,and i add lookup button to open that smart list but i want the retive value from SL to be inserted in text box exist on GP form please help me ...

Linking axes scale values to cells
For almost any type of chart the auto scale functions work fine. For OHLC stock charts however the auto scale always sets the minimum scale value to zero. If plotting a high priced stock, the chart is compressed into a small area at the top of the chart rendering it useless. If fixed values are used they must be constently reset as the stock price changes in order to avoid having the bars walk off the chart area. I can search the data with MAX(range) and MIN(range) in order to pick out the upper and lower limits dynamically. IS THERE ANY WAY TO LINK THE AXES SCALE VALUES TO THE CELL...

Datedif exclude weekends
Hello newsgroup gurus and users. Your kind assistance please. This question has probably been asked a millions times but I cant find it. Does any one have a solution to this. I want the date difference between two dates but exclude weekends. Many thanks Paul Paul, The NETWORKDAYS function will return the number of days, excluding weekend and optionally holidays, between two dates. See help for NETWORKDAYS for more information. This function is part of the Analysis Tool Pack add-in so you must have that add-in loaded; otherwise, you'll get a #NAME error. -- Cordially, Chip Pe...

Filtering Combo #2 from a value in Combo #1
Hi, I have two Combo fields: cmb1 (which has a choice of PROD / DEV) cmb2 - I want to list dates associated either PROD or DEV. I have this SQL for cmb1: strSQL = "SELECT DISTINCT tbl01_FullCompare.ShutType, tbl01_FullCompare.ImpDate FROM tbl01_FullCompare WHERE tbl01_FullCompare.ShutType = "" & Me![cmbShutType] & "" ORDER BY tbl01_FullCompare.ImpDate;" Me![cmbImpDate].RowSource = strSQL However when I i select the cmbImpDate drop down box, there are no records listed... can anyone advise how to get this working? Any assistanc...

Fonts from the value pack
Hi, I recently added the extra fonts from the value pack. They show up in my libraries and in Office. Shortlly after I installed them, they showed up in my OfficeX applications but now do not! I've tried reinstalling but get a message that they are already there. How can I get them back? Why did they show up and then disappear????Thanks in advance. Check Font Book (in Applications) and see if the fonts show up there. If not, try reinstalling the fonts and then repairing permissions. On 5/22/04 12:57 PM, in article bd5ec86f.0405220957.5b89d84a@posting.google.com, "Priscilla&quo...

To sum the values of the cell
I want to sum up the values of cells using VBA. Lets say from Range A10 to A100 and make it as a vary. Also, the rows 10 and 100 are supplied by the user. However, the follwing does not work Dim xsum as long i1=10 i2=100 x = sum(cells("A(i1):A(i2)") does not works. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance. Try x = Application.Sum(Range(Cells(i1, "A"), Cells(i2, "A"))) -- HTH Bob "Subodh" <getsubodh@gmail.com> wrote in message news:fa8c03ff-d229-4fdc-9cd2-14e0ff6b1d62@n39g2000prj.googlegroups.com... >I want...

Outlook XP crashes repeatedly
Have just changed up from O2K to Office XP - CD installation. Everything seems fine EXCEPT Outlook. This crashes and restarts incessently. The error string is always the same... AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 10.0.2616.0 ModName: kernel32.dll ModVer: 5.1.2600.0 Offset: 0000d756 I have tried to do the SP1 upgrade but it fails partway through, says something has previously been patched and then fails and backs out. Any history of this problem and suggested solution? ...

Exclude a cell
Excel 2002 Any one know how I can sum all the cell values in a column except the value of the last cell to be entered which could be say half-way down the column? Is there a function to exclude a particular cell from "sum" ? I know a lot of ppl are far more advanced than I am but we all start somewhere lol Thanks for your help Dale To exclude cell A16: =SUM(A:A)-A16 Not very elegant, but effcient! Cheers, -- AP "DF2507" <nospamthx@blueyonder.co.uk> a �crit dans le message de news: xB6sg.51172$181.12831@fe3.news.blueyonder.co.uk... > Excel 2002 > &...

Can functions be repeated via a control + function command?
In Microsoft word, if I want to repeat a function, I can press CTRL + Y key instead of having to go back through the tool bars (e.g., repetitive cut & paste, repetitive insertion of text boxes). However, CTRL + Y in Publisher does not work the same way--does anyone know if a similar command feature exists? Thank you. Format the painter. Publisher is a layout program... Large documents are best achieved in Word. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "AustinPAWS" <AustinPAWS@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

Making a query that shows a value based on another value.
Hi I have a Query that extracts two fields of data from a table 1. CustomerName (Contains customer name) 2. BuySell (Has either the Word "Buy" or "Sell") However I wish this query to display CustomerName (As above) but I want it to display a word based on whether field 2 is the word 'Buy' or the word 'Sell'. So for example if the word 'Buy' is in field 2 then I want the word 'RHS' to be displayed and if the word 'Sell' is in field 2 I want the word 'LHS' to be displyed. I do not need this to save into a table jus...

Pivot Table Zero Value
Hi, I've seen many questions on this subject, but none of the solutions seem to work for me. I have a pivot table that summarizes billing amounts for 20-25 different data items. Also, the rows have two fields. For Example: Name I.D. Data Total John Smith 7756 U.S. Tax Return $800 John Smith 7756 State Tax Return $250 John Smith 7756 Add'l State Return $0 John Doe 8876 U.S. Tax Return ...

Excluding zeros
I have stock data in excel which I'd like to chart using the high low close option. Problem is that the data contains zeros on some days. Can I get excel to ignore the zeros instead of plotting them. If not what's the best way of converting these zeros to blank cells so that Excel does not chart them. Thank you Hi Ben, Two ways: 1) replace zeros (or missing data) by =NA() 2) Tools/Options/Chart and specify what is to be done with missing values. Bernard "Ben" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:075901c3bff5$94a57530$a001280a@phx.gbl... &...

Initial Values on Item Resource Planning Window
How does leaving the buyer ID blank and order policy not planned on the initial values affect MRP? We do set the actual buyer ID and order policy (Lot for Lot) on each site. It depends on whether a default site is set for the items. If the Item Site card has a default site, IRP data from that site is used. Otherwise, the initial values data is used. BTW, if you are comming to Convergence in Orlando, visit us in booth 836. And go to our web site to sign up for one great party aboard a cruise ship. http://www.AccoladePublications.com -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP ...

Combinations from values in a column
Hi there, I'm trying to figure out how to generate all combinations from a list of N values in a column, let's say column A. In particular, I want to have all combinations of 2 values, 3 values, 4, ... up to 7 values. To give an example: Let's assume I have a list of only 3 values (1,2,3) for which I want to have all combinations of two values. In this case, the result would be 1,2; 1,3; and 2;3. The ordering of the values does not matter, i.e. duplicates should be eliminated. I hope I could explain it sufficiently. I would be grateful for any help. Thanks, Andreas Use the Co...

excluding repeating values
I have a column wuth date and some entries are repeating. I want to copy that data to another column, but do not want to copy duplicate values ( I want to exclude repeating values when copying and pasting). Is there an option to do that? Thanks. Neda Take a look at http://contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html#FilterUR In article <CE251167-21F0-470D-9641-508FD96D54FD@microsoft.com>, "neda5" <neda5@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a column wuth date and some entries are repeating. I want to copy that > data to another column, but do not want to c...

Emails send repeatedly to the same person
Some of my emails, usually with attachments will continue to resend and stay in the Outbox continously. Over and over, hundreds of times if I don't catch it. Please help me, maybe it is a simple fix I can learn about. Are you using an antivirus that scans outgoing email? If so, disable it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mai...

How can I reference a value from a previous record?
Greetings forum members: I have a simple inspection data table that contains the following five fields: 1. Primary Key 2. Asset ID (Duplicates OK) 3. Inspection Date 4. Start Value 5. Finish value The data in this table must abide by the following rule: For each Asset ID; The start value of the current inspection record must be greater than or equal to the finish value of the previous inspection record. (The previous record would be determined using the Inspection Date field) My question is: How can I reference the value from the previous inspection record, in order to verify that th...

Compare & Interpolate Values
Table with two dependent columns (example. Height1 vs. Capacity1). Now I want to create a new, two column table with a given Capacity, lets call it Capacity2). So these are my givens: Height 1 Capacity 1 10 500 20 600 30 900 Capacity 2 Height 2 550 610 850 Now, I want to create a function with will take my Capacity 2 value, compare it with Capacity 1 and interpolate the appropriate Height 2 value (from Height 1). Milia, Set up your table so that it is the reverse of what you have: Capacity 1 Height 1 500 10 600 20 900 ...

Serializing value types
When a class contains a TimeSpan property, XmlSerializer doesn't work. A TimeSpan property is serialized like: <MySpan /> I've read a number of posts that talk about why this happens and how to work around it. My question is from a slightly different angle. What can I do to my value type structures so that XmlSerializer can serialize them properly? For example, I have a TimeOfDay structure, what can I do to my TimeOfDay structure so that XmlSerializer works? I've already discovered that I can add a public property to TimeOfDay like this: [XmlAttribute] public st...

Can you interpolate a non-linear set of values?
I am going crazy with the following problem. Can anyone help? I have a range from 0 to 10 on columns A1 to A11. A user enters a se of 10 values that are not necessarily linear on columns B1 to B11 (fo example: 15,16,17,19,22,25,28,33,34,35,36). Then, another user enter a value on another cell, for example: 20. I need to introduce formula that can tell me what number 20 corresponds to in column A. I other words, 20 would correspond to approximately 3.3 because 20 fall between 19 and 22 in column B, which in turn falls between 3 and 4 i column A. Is there any way I can get that ~3.3 w...

Same mails are received repeatly
Hey I work at a training center and we use public outlook (sharefolder) in combination with outlook 2003. A few month back we worked with outlook 2000 and there was no problem. With this new change the following problem occured. When i sent a mail to for example 2 of my college's they both get my mail 2 times. We use mail rules to replace a received mail to the right folder. Everbody has a folder with his (or her) name and the rule says when a mail is received replace this mail to the folder with the name of the user. I think that the problem is that outlook sends my mail 2 times ...