Excel2003 vs 2007 ... :(

Excel2003 vs 2007 ... I have many Templates, charts etc created in Excel2003
& many have Recorded Macro's attached to Forms Buttons ... These Temps work
perfect in Excel2003 ... I think they may also work in Excel2007???  However

Issue is ... some folks have Excel2003 (WindowsXP) while others who update
these Files have Windows7 (Excel2007) ... We often end up with File
corruption or Excel has encountered an error & must close ... etc etc ...
when attempting to work these Files between the 2 Office Systems & 2 Excels
.... very disenchanting.

We have used these Temps on a monthly basis since 2003 (WindowsXP
Excel2003)with absolutely no problem ... But now I am starting over to
recreate approx 80 Temps in an effort to get out of this mess ...

Anyone care to enlighten me?  Thanks ... Kha

Kha, the only thing that I would say is NEVER do an upgrade until it has been
tested thoroughly and exhaustively.

"Ken" wrote:

> Excel2003 vs 2007 ... I have many Templates, charts etc created in Excel2003
> & many have Recorded Macro's attached to Forms Buttons ... These Temps work
> perfect in Excel2003 ... I think they may also work in Excel2007???  However
>
> Issue is ... some folks have Excel2003 (WindowsXP) while others who update
> these Files have Windows7 (Excel2007) ... We often end up with File
> corruption or Excel has encountered an error & must close ... etc etc ...
> when attempting to work these Files between the 2 Office Systems & 2 Excels
> ... very disenchanting.
>
> We have used these Temps on a monthly basis since 2003 (WindowsXP
> Excel2003)with absolutely no problem ... But now I am starting over to
> recreate approx 80 Temps in an effort to get out of this mess ...
>
> Anyone care to enlighten me?  Thanks ... Kha
OK ... Tell that to the IT Folks ... Thanks ... Kha
--
Kha

"trip_to_tokyo" wrote:

> Kha, the only thing that I would say is NEVER do an upgrade until it has been
> tested thoroughly and exhaustively.
>
> "Ken" wrote:
>
> > Excel2003 vs 2007 ... I have many Templates, charts etc created in Excel2003
> > & many have Recorded Macro's attached to Forms Buttons ... These Temps work
> > perfect in Excel2003 ... I think they may also work in Excel2007???  However
> >
> > Issue is ... some folks have Excel2003 (WindowsXP) while others who update
> > these Files have Windows7 (Excel2007) ... We often end up with File
> > corruption or Excel has encountered an error & must close ... etc etc ...
> > when attempting to work these Files between the 2 Office Systems & 2 Excels
> > ... very disenchanting.
> >
> > We have used these Temps on a monthly basis since 2003 (WindowsXP
> > Excel2003)with absolutely no problem ... But now I am starting over to
> > recreate approx 80 Temps in an effort to get out of this mess ...
> >
> > Anyone care to enlighten me?  Thanks ... Kha

Moving spreadsheet rows with photos Problems in Excel 2007
I have an inventory worksheet in Excel 2002. There is a photo in one cell in each row that needs to move with the row. I formatted each photo to move and size with cell, and had no problems. Have just had to change to Excel 2007. I can move the row by cut and insert cut cells, and the photo moves with it. BUT the problem comes with the rows above the cut cells - the photos move down into the blank row left by the cut row when moving to another sheet- so the photos left are not with their original rows and descriptions. I have looked at all the options that I can find (steep learning...

Outlook 2007 file transfer
I have a replacement computer that I would like to load my previous outlook 2007 e-mails and contacts onto. How should I do this? -- Mike Onder Assuming you are using a POP3 account; copy over your pst-file and reconnect it to Outlook via; File-> Open-> Outlook Data File... For details see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World An...

XP styles and Unicode in VS 2005
I need to use XP style in my MFC projects. My projects are not UNICODE. In VS 2003 i was able to use XP styles. I have imported the same projects in VS 2005 and I am not able to use XP styles. Is it possible to use XP styles in NOT UNICODE projects in VS 2005? "BobbyJones" <BobbyJones@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3B263D28-F094-4C1F-BAB5-A35DDD86FAF3@microsoft.com... >I need to use XP style in my MFC projects. > My projects are not UNICODE. > In VS 2003 i was able to use XP styles. > I have imported the same projects in VS 2005 and I am not...

"Auto complete" Office/outlook 2007
Hi, I have a problem with auto complete. We have the correct box in Advanced email setting checked to turn Auto Complete on, but it is still not working. Can you please tell me what I might be doing wrong? Thank you! A Selecting the box is not what makes autocompletion work. Sending enough messages to populate your autocompletion cache is. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "TravelGirl227" <TravelGirl227@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:71508FC6-0227-43BE-9A5E-1A2B4E1D596A@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I have a problem with auto complete. We have the...

which better: Frequency vs Histogram
I read "Explore Histograms" in http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA011109481033.aspx and found it educational. However, I can't see a difference in output between using a Histogram and using the Frequency function. Can anybody share the pros and cons of each? I think you have missed the point. The article says that the table produced by the ATP histogram tool is exactly the same as the table (with same bin definitions) produced by the FREQUENCY function. The difference is not in the values calculated, but in the fact that the histogram table is a static t...

Leads and B2C vs. B2B
I'm still trying to understand the basic flow of states between leads, contacts, accounts and opportunities. We are in a direct relations with our customers and _we_ call potential clients. So leads make no sense for us, so I guess we have to start directly with accounts. Is that correct? I am also correct to assume that a client should be a contact in a B2C relation and an account in a B2B relation? Lastly, if we are in a B2C relation, we can't really use leads, which require a Company field, can we? Or am I completely misunderstanding the logic of the application? Leads a...

OUTLOOK 2007 #28
I have just downloaded the trial version "OFFICE PROFESSIONAL 2007" but whenever i try to open Outlook it tells me "Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close". It will not allow me to start at all, but there is no error details (number), just that it needs to close, and does so continually. I have deleted the trial and re-installed same but to no avail. Anybody any ideas?? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0027_01C825BB.C70BCAD0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-...

PowerPoint 2007-Formatting Hyperlinks
How do you change the color of hyperlinks in 2007? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0007_01CAC6B8.89E7EA80 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Have a look here www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00546.htm=20 --=20 Michael Koerner MS MVP - PowerPoint "SueW" <SueW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:FBFA1989-C534-478C-B992-A27696F7DFC7@microsoft.com... > How do you change the color of hyperlinks in 2007? ------=_NextPart_000_0007_01CAC6B8.89E7EA80 Content-Ty...

CListCtrl update model: invalidate/update vs immediate
Hi, I was wondering, why does this control (or controls in general) update itself immediately instead of in the update/'onpaint' handler? All kinds of 'stupid' setredraw magic appears to be needed sometimes due to this. The update is happening in the WM_PAINT handler. When you add a new item, or change an item in a listctrl it will send a WM_PAINT message to itself. AliR. "Olaf van der Spek" <OlafvdSpek@GMail.Com> wrote in message news:%23rV%23r6xLFHA.3928@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I was wondering, why does this control (or controls in ge...

excel 2007 trendline equation
I'm used to see t trendline updating automatically when the source data change. Now this does not work any more. In the Q&A I read bout dynamic charts what does that mean ? Hi Erwin, I can't duplicate your problem. If my data changes the associated trendline changes. Are you adding the trendline via the Chart Tools, Layout command? Is Recalculation set to Automatic? -- Cheers, Shane Devenshire "Erwin_Goethals" wrote: > I'm used to see t trendline updating automatically when the source data change. > Now this does not work any more. > In the Q&A...

Float Menu Excel 2003 vs 2007
Hi All In a [2003] workbook I've got a "help sheet" with various help topics. When activated a float_menu appears from which the user can select a topic from a userform. This works great, however in 2007 the float_menu doesn’t appear. Any suggestions ? As always any help will be much appreciated. This is my code: Regular module: Sub Float_Menu_help() Dim newMenu As CommandBar, newControl, newItem, subMenu Dim c 'remove custom menu if it exists Delete_HelpMenu 'create new menu and display it Set newMenu = CommandBars.Add(Name:="Help_Menu", _ T...

Excel 2007 file locked by 'another user' on windows 2008 share
I'm sharing Excel and word 2007 files on a SBS2008 server. Alle computers are windows XP with Office 2007 installed. When the users open an excel document they sometimes get File is locked by 'another user'. Disabled & removed antivirus software on server & client but that didn't resolve the issue. When i move the excel file to a Windows Server 2003 share and let the users open the file there they also get the message File is locked by 'username'. But now it mentions the username and not 'by another user', so i guess it has something todo...

Microsoft Outllook 2007
3 or 4 days ago Outlook stopped working. My OS is Windows 7 64bit. I get this message( Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window.) I sure would appreciate some help. Thanks, -- K.Ladd "Keith" <Keith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:38777408-B24C-41ED-9205-758A333ED458@microsoft.com... > 3 or 4 days ago Outlook stopped working. My OS is Windows 7 64bit. I get > this message( Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the > Outlook > window.) I sure would appreciate some help. > Thanks, Go...

Excel2003 vs 2007 ... :(
Excel2003 vs 2007 ... I have many Templates, charts etc created in Excel2003 & many have Recorded Macro's attached to Forms Buttons ... These Temps work perfect in Excel2003 ... I think they may also work in Excel2007??? However .... Issue is ... some folks have Excel2003 (WindowsXP) while others who update these Files have Windows7 (Excel2007) ... We often end up with File corruption or Excel has encountered an error & must close ... etc etc ... when attempting to work these Files between the 2 Office Systems & 2 Excels .... very disenchanting. We have use...

Bill
Hello, I have a recurring payment in the Bills section set up for my mortgage payment. The amount of the escrow payment increased recently, so I attempted to change the amount. I'm not sure what I did, but now when I double-click on the recurring payment, instead of a "Record payment" window, I get an "add transaction" window, and when I add the transaction, the due date on the Bills page does not roll to the next payment date. Does anybody have any idea how I can fix this? Thank you. ...

Delegation issues in Outlook 2007
Hi There I have a PA who looks after a directors email mailbox and calendar, i have given this PA delegation access to the directors email account this is fine but when i add the mailbox into the PAs outlook client it adds the mailbox fine but we can't open it it comes up with the error: The set of folders cannot be opened. The information store could not be opened. We are using a Scalix enterprise mail server with scalix outlook connector -- Tom Burden IT Technical Support Analyst Specsavers Optical Group Delegation permissions in not the same as having access pe...

Contact list/Calendar Outlook 2007
Hello! Both my pastor and I have Outlook 2007, but our computers are independent of each other. Is it possible for me to work on MY Outlook's contact list/calendar, and then email the file to him to correctly download to his hard drive? It sure would help him if this were possible. Thanks in advance for your reply. Happy New Year All, Becky All Outlook data exists in a single file. You can create a new Outlook data file and put the information you want to share in that file. If you want to email it, however, you'll need to overcome some security restrictions so...

Vlookup or Other vs Sort?
Excel 2003 ... What I have Range A4:A103 ... ascending values 1, 2, 3, to 100 Range B4:J103 ... unique line-item records Range K4:K5003 ... ascending values 1, 2, 3, to 100 (each repeat 50 times) Range L4:T5003 ... I need a formula to return each of the line-item records contained in Range B4:J103 (each 50 times) I am using a VLOOKUP formula with a chg to return Col only, but I am having the following issues: =VLOOKUP($K4,$A$3:$J$5003,4,0) ... returns "0" when an empty cell is found (I do not wish to see a "0" ... I want an empty cell) ... so I start...

ByVal vs ByRef when generating tree
I have a tree data structure in xml. I currently use ByVal and recursion to draw the tree. My understanding is that each time I pass the child node to the recursive function, it creates a copy of the node containing items at the point and all subitems. I'm wondering it it would make a lot of difference in memory usage if I pass the child node by ref. teddybear schrieb: > I have a tree data structure in xml. I currently use ByVal and > recursion to draw the tree. My understanding is that each time I pass > the child node to the recursive function, it creates a copy of the...

Help copy excel 2007
Hello ! I have 2 files from excel 2007 and i want to copy one "leaves" to the other file, but i got the next message: "Excel can=B4t insert all "leaves" in the destiny book, because this contain less lines and columns at origin book" sory my english. I create more lines and columns in the destiny file but i got the same message !! Can someone help me ? Thanks Jo=E3o Portugal I got an error message similar to yours when I tried to copy a sheet from an Excel 2007 workbook (with 1,048,576 rows) to a workbook that is in "compatibility mode" and ther...

Removal of text reflection in title placeholder in Powerpoint 2007
Hi Folks, In regard to a previous question about text shadow, which is not the issue, I'm experiencing a problem with text reflection in the title placeholder on the slide master and throughout my presentation. When I check shadow effects for reflection, the dialogue box shows that there is no reflection, which is the only option highlighted. By the way, this issue only happens when I change design theme for a presentation and only when the "trek" theme (yellow background) is chosen. This does doesn't happen when other design themes are chosen to replace an...

Outlook 2007 Does not Compact
Outlook.PST was growing 1.069 GB - Tried manual compaction - (Highlight Personal Folders, Right Click; Properties; Advanced; Compact Now). Lots of disk activity, but no change in the size of Outlook.pst as reported by Windows Explorer. Next I deleted over 100 Meg of files, emptied trash and manually compacted again. Stll Windows Explorer says Outlook.pst is 1.069 GB Then I learn auto archiving had been turned off. Turn it on. The size of Archive1.pst increases by ~400 Megs. Run manual compact. The size of Personal Folders Outlook reports is decreased by the 400Meg, but Wind...

VS 2010 and VS 2008
Just spent a happy Sunday morning installing VS 2010. Plus point: it found one syntax error in my several thousand .cpp files which VS 2008 missed. Problems: one or two minor ones not yet resolved. Is there any reason why a resource only DLL compiled with VS2008 should not work properly with a program compiled with VS2010 ? What about other non-MFC DLLs with a pure C interface? Dave -- David Webber Mozart Music Software http://www.mozart.co.uk For discussion and support see http://www.mozart.co.uk/mozartists/mailinglist.htm >Is there any reason why a resource ...

Outlook 2007 crashing
I have a few users on Outlook 2007 with the V3C CRM Client installed. Outlook is crashing when they open e-mails tracked in CRM. It works fine for the first 3 emails, but the 4th causes the crash. We had this issue once before and removed the PDF add-in. I've confirmed the PDF add-in has been removed and that the security update KB924085 is not installed. Has anyone else had this problem with Outlook 2007 and what did you do to fix it? Thanks for your help. GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to hear what other users add to this post. We have this problem all the time too ...