Excel XML - Excel Crashes

We have created a web application that allows users to generate Excel
documents. We use Excel XML to create the document and allow users to open or
save the document. This all works fine. The problem occurs after the created
file has been opened on the users' computer and stays open for a while. Every
now and then Excel crashes. Excel also crashes when the user tries to Save
As.. the document.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to why that occurs.
0
Mischa (6)

Publisher 2007 crashes when trying to open website created with 20
One of my websites works with 2007 because it was named index.html within its file but the other doesn't that was named by its name.pub, I tried to rename it index.html but it didn't work, its icon became one of IE instead of Publisher like my first website. I ran office diagnostics and no error was found. Any help much appreciated. ...

transform xml from client to server
Hello, I am using .net. I need to transfer table data of an html (client) to the server. I don't know if best thing to do is (and correct me if I'm wrong) : 1) translate the table to xml code via javascript. 2) use the xml text as a parameter send to web-service. * First thing I want to know, is how can I translate the table to xml code, since the following code is wrong, and I don't understand why : var i; var j; var myXML; var currRow; var currCell; var currControl; var newnode; var newText; var currControlLen; myXML = new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLD...

XML Guru Needed!
In converting a VB6 app using MSXML2 to a VB.NET app using System.xml, I'm looking a cross-reference. What would the equivalent .NET XML command be to 'transformNodeToObject?' Thanks! Steve Covert wrote: > In converting a VB6 app using MSXML2 to a VB.NET app using System.xml, I'm > looking a cross-reference. What would the equivalent .NET XML command be to > 'transformNodeToObject?' If you want to do an XSLT transformation in .NET 1.0 or 1.1 look at System.Xml.Xsl.Transform: <http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cpre...

OWA 5.5 causes crash on IIS server in MTS
We are running OWA 5.5 on WinNT 4 sp6a. We can access other websites on the IIS server but when we try to login to OWA, the following error is reported in the Event Log: An object call caused an exception. (Package: IIS-{Default Web Site//Root/Exchange}) (IID: {51372AEF-CAE7-11CF-BE81-00AA00A2FA25}) (Method: 3) (Microsoft Transaction Server Internals Information: File: i:\viper\src\runtime\mtxex\activity.cpp, Line: 889) (Exception: C0000005) (Address: 0x77f7d4b3) ntdll!RtlDestroyHeap + 0x339 ntdll!LdrGetDllHandle + 0x587 ntdll!RtlAllocateHeap + 0x1AE MSMAPI32!MAPIInitialize + 0x8...

Using XML & ASP.NET (or what do I *need* to know?)
I'm trying to learn an acceptable way to marshal complex data between an ASP.NET web service and an ASP.NET web client. Initially, it will be enough for the client to display the data from the service, but eventually, I'll have to write a client that will allow for modification of the data and return it to the service. I gather from bits and pieces that I'm reading that I can convert the data into an XML document and it is this document which is sent to the client over an HTTP connection. Is this assumption correct? If so, what's the best way to convert the data into...

Validation of XML with XmlValidatingReader
Having problems with this: schema is: <xs:schema xmlns="xsdPayment" targetNamespace="xsdPayment" xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"> <xs:element name="Payment" type="PAYMENT" /> <xs:complexType name="PAYMENT"> <xs:sequence> <xs:element name="Receipt_Nbr" type="xs:string" maxOccurs="unbounded" /> <xs:element name="Amount" type="xs:decimal" /> <xs:element name="LastName" type="xs:string" /> <xs:el...

How to do with xml file -> schema file (fuction i .NET)
I use a BulkLoad to import file.xml to my base MS Server 2000. To import this xml file I need schema file. Mayby you know how to do this file mechanicy f.g. mayby somebody have some script in .net who generate this schema. for any help Thanks ======== My xml file ================================= <ROOT> <Customers> <CustomerId>5555</CustomerId> <CompanyName>Jagoda1</CompanyName> <City>NY</City> </Customers> <Customers> <CustomerId>0200</CustomerId> <Comp...

Word 2008 keeps crashing after a document is open, a few minutes after typing anything

Dataset (ds.writexml) written to xml file incorrectly
Hello all. I'm reading the data from an XML file similiar to below, using the code below. When the file is edited in the datagridview and then re-written, it doesn't write the xml file as it was originally written. So what am I doing wrong? My code and samples are below. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! VISUAL STUDIO 2005 ..NET 2.0 FRAMEWORK, VB.NET CODE Declare a bindings source, a dataset, a binding navigator, and set up a datagridview where the data is displayed & edited 'now associate them bndgSrc1.DataSource = ds dgvConfig.DataSource = bndgSrc1 binNav1.BindingS...

How can I parse this XML file,
Hi Everybody, I'm using C# and System.XML and can parse XML files like this: <LogIn>Yes</LogIn> <Name>DB_MAGUser</Name> but I've been asked to parse and work with a XML file that looks like this: <entry Active="NO"/> <entry LogIn="Yes"/> and I can not parse this one, First of all, can you tell me which one is witch? are they different version of XML? how they call the second one? than if I want to work with second one which class I have to use to be able to parse it? Thank you in advance - Sam Hi Sam, I see you need ...

Outlook crashes
I just upgraded from Outlook Express to Outlook. Now my Outlook keeps crashing every time I load the program. What can be causing this and how do I fix it? Error msg? Does it just start, then immediately crash? Have you run Detect/Repair frm the origonal instalation CD? David "Jeff" <jeffpressley@aol.com> wrote in message news:074201c36026$37eb0a00$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I just upgraded from Outlook Express to Outlook. Now my > Outlook keeps crashing every time I load the program. > What can be causing this and how do I fix it? ...

List Webpart Installs fine, but crashes Sharepoint
Ok, I read the readme, and see that others have had trust delegation issues. I have a single SBS 2003 server. When I install the CRM Webpart, go to Sharepoint and add the webpart to the home page, subsequent visits give me a Sharepoint Timeout error. When I uninstall the list webpart, the company webpage comes back up fine. Where would I find a log file or something to help diagnose this? I've googled the issue and can't find anyone else having this problem. Any other ideas? Thanks, James ...

XML Deserialization Issue
Hello All, I am having some trouble deserializing some xml into a series of objects that are part of a web service proxy. I know the XML is valid, and the objects are up to date (the xml instance doc validates against the original scheme, which is current with the WSDL). The issue looks familiar, its identical to one that I have seen when the xmlserializer chokes on a namespace. In past instances with simple XML docs I was able to get things working by supplying the Deserialize method a default namespace, but in this case I have 3 namespaces, and no default. Any ideas as to how I would go ...

From DOM to an XML string
I know this is too easy for you heavy-weights but I am drowning in streams and writers ..., I have created an XmlDocument containing all my nodes and attributes. I just need to do something like: string XmlString = MyXMLDoc.MakeXmlString(); Ok... so what do I really have to do... I started by building a memory stream which I figured I could convert to a string, but then couldn't figure out out to get XmlWriter hooked up to write through that stream. Thanks in advance. Chuck Duncan Hello! > I just need to do something like: > > string XmlString = MyXMLDoc.MakeXmlStrin...

Outlook 2007 crashes when printing email
Hello , I am doing deskside support for a large company and coming across this problem. Outlook 2007 crashing randomly when users trying to print the emails. For some users it happened one to two times a day. Here are the details on the issue, All users have XP SP3, Outlook 2007 sp2, kb972363 (yes, this patch but it does not cause all the pc's to behave in same way and affecting may be 20+ users), Xerox MFD printers. I have recreated windows profile, renamed Outlprnt file, tested the new printer driver, installed the printer locally by creating TCP/IP (Network printers), re...

Publisher Crashes Computer
Does anyone know why when opening publisher on a PC it would cause the PC to turn off. When you have publisher on about 40 pc's and this happens it is annoying...I NEED HELP! ANYONE? You are not wrong you need anger management and psychotherapy help - URGENTLY. Who the hell do you think you are coming here and posting a message like that? You must know zilch/nada/nothing about computers if you have 40 pcs' crashing. To make matters worse, you must be lacking in the basic knowledge to tell us what version of Windows and Publisher you are attempting to destroy. Phone up Microsoft S...

Outlook 97 on Win 98 SE Crash on Open / address book / messages
Some of this may be OT, but please help if you can w/ the outlook part...thanks 3 Questions (Office 97 on a Win 98 SE OS) A friend of mine was suddenly having an issue with Word crashing before open after displaying a message of type... 'WINWORD caused an invalid page fault in module WINWORD.EXE at ...' I felt thier best option was to remove and reinstall office, since I didn't have time to research the problem initially. They did so...it didn't solve the problem. I noticed that after uninstalling a second time, the Program Files\Microsoft Office folder with all the files ...

XML Schema to describe specifc case
Hi, How can I describe an XML like this: <X> <Y/> <Z/> <Y/> <Y/> </X> I mean a case where Z appears once and Y appears zero or more times and the order is not important. If Z might appear more than once I can use: <xsi:choice minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"> But I do not know what to do when it appears once. Thanks, Reuven Nisser Hi, You need a model like: Y*,Z,Y* In XML Schema that will be: <xs:element name="X"> <xs:complexType> <xs:sequence> <xs:element ref="...

Slave crashed need help using back office computer as cash registe
We had to move our back office tower to the front of our store to use as the cash register after a complete failure of the register hard drive. We have managed to figure out how to make this one register 1 but cannot get the receipt printer to work or the drawer to open. Upon opening the Store Operations POS the first message is: Warning 919: The printer OPOS driver was not found. Do you want to continue. We answer yes and then if we try to print a receipt we get this message: Invalid Operation 426: The OPOS device is not opened. Make sure that the device is enabled in the register prope...

Word 2007 crashes when accessing address book
I've reinstalled Office 2007 several times. I have even done a complete clean reinstall of my Windows 7 Home Premium and all that goes along with that. If Outlook is open all is fine, if not word will crash as soon as I click on a name to fill in an envelope or a label. As others have had this issue I still haven't found anyone with the solution. I have done all the usual like turning off all add-ins. Outlook IS the default mail handler, I've done the whole -- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Word\Data and Rename the "Data" Key to "Da...

mathtml or xml
I want to use mathtml because I need to read math's site. Can I have an update for Internet Explorer 8 in consequences? Eri Ednah wrote: > I want to use mathtml because I need to read math's site. > Can I have an update for Internet Explorer 8 in consequences? Guessing english is not your language of choice/primary language? You might be better served posting in a newsgroup/forum centered around said language (whatever that may be.) Suppose you mean "MathML" not "mathtml"? http://www.w3.org/Math/whatIsMathML.html What is "math's site...

credit card receipt and xml
Two things... 1. I would like to add the customer's name to the credit card receipt. Is there any way to pull the information from the swiped card and display it on the receipt? 2. I would also like to add the EDC No. to the bottom of the card. It would make it easier to put the receipts in sequential order that way. I know that the value is stored in the table "VisaNetAuthorization" and field "ResponseTransactionSequenceNumber" but I'm unsure how to link to that using XML. Any help on either of these subjects would be great. Thanks, Jake Jake, We are...

Validating and XML file with a schema
Hello, New to the XML world and .NET. I have what I believe to be a simple problem, but I have read the .NET docs till I'm blue in the face and still can't locate a simple example of how to accomplish this. I have two strings (C# string type). One of them contains an XML document. The other one contains a schema. I want to validate the XML document using the schema. Can someone suggest a way to do this? The only thing I can gather from the docs is that I need to use an XmlValidatingReader, and provide an event handler to respond when something goes wrong, but the validating reader ...

Publisher keeps crashing, even when I close program
My publisher 2003 keeps crashing I have installed sp1 but this did not seem to help, this happens when I select a template or even when I close the program. Do you get an error? Is your graphics driver up to date? How to view error signatures if an Office program experiences a serious error and quits http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;289508 -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Tony" <Tony@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1F7034A1-87A7-4744-BC29-AFA916B76ADA@microsoft...

For Jeff Partch : Retrieve text from HTML Code that in inside XML file