excel VBA - searching a range

How would i search a range of a whole column instead of specific cells
like .Range("a1:a300")?

---

..range("a:a")
..columns(1)
..range("a1").entirecolumn

are a few ways.

"Zygoid <" wrote:

> How would i search a range of a whole column instead of specific cells
> like .Range("a1:a300")?
>
> ---

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com
0
ec35720 (10082)
2/1/2004 4:57:33 PM
ahhh! Thanks!!

I was trying .Column(1)

i see i neede an "s" in there

Thanks again

---

Excel Arrange Tabs not functioning
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I am trying to send a picture to the back, I have used this function often in other MS office versions, but in the 2008 version for Mac it doesn't seem to work. Size, Rotation and ordering - Arrange function. Nothing happens? <br><br>How can I send pic to the back? Inserted graphic objects are always on the surface of an Excel sheet. The command you're trying to use is for changing the stacking order of objects which overlap one another. I'm not sure what you're trying to ach...

Print just the list after performing a "find all" in Excel
I am working with a gigantic Excel workbook. I've used "find all" to locate a name in the entire workbook. It returns a list of 100 rows contained in 3 different worksheets. All I want is that list. Can I print just the list? ...

Excel Formating
Is it possible to format cells in excel so that the value of 1000000 would be come 1m? I know this is possible with thousands using k, is something similar available for millions? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi jtidyman! Try custom format: #,###,,"m" -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) available free to good homes. "jtidyman" <jtidyman.ynklm@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:jtidyman.ynklm@excelforum-nospam.com......

Macro or VBA
I am dumb, but would like to automatically trim down reports that we get from our IT dept. We have to delete redundant columns (A,B,C,D,E,G,H,J,K)from each report. In other words, the only data we want to view is in F,I,J,P. Can this done more effciently with a macro or VBA/ Could someone give me an example of either so that I could work from and learn? Thank-You start a new workbook open one of those report workbooks record a macro into that new workbook (not the report workbook) when you delete the columns you don't want. stop recording back to that new workbook save it as a nice...

Excel on website
Hi, I have an Excel file which opens maximum at my desk, but it opens minimum when I view it on my company's intranet. I use FrontPage 03 and Excel 07. Please advice! Thanks Chi After moving the file to server and linked it to the page I got it! Thanks Chi "Chi" wrote: > Hi, > > I have an Excel file which opens maximum at my desk, but it opens minimum > when I view it on my company's intranet. I use FrontPage 03 and Excel 07. > > Please advice! > > Thanks > Chi > > > > > > Aft...

Creating a schedule / fairly for teams in excel
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) I want to create a schedule for my golf league. Each girl will need to have a new partner every week with one bye week. What type of formula would work in Excell to do something like this? Is it possible at all? See here: http://www.teamopolis.com/tools/round-robin-generator.aspx And here: http://round-robin-formula.qarchive.org/ The Excel solutions out there require VBA, which you do not have in Excel 2008. Hope this helps On 6/05/10 6:28 AM, in article 59bb8049.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "tlhamilton@officefor...

Excel Shift Roster
Has anyone any idea where I can find a spreadsheet template for setting up a shift roster? Thanks - Dave Excel is not a particularly good tool for this unless you can get someone else to do the hard work. I might have a file with a programming solution at home, I will post back tonight if I still have it -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Dasco" <Cadasco@SUPERhotmail.com> wrote in message news:5oeqd7Fmh0o3U1@mid.individual.net... > Has anyone any idea where I can find a spreadsheet template for setting up > a shift roster? > > Thanks - Dave > "...

Arrow Keys No Longer Work in EXCEL
The arrow keys no longer work properly in Excel. I used to be able to move left/right/up/down with the arrow keys. Now, every time I hit an arrow key the whole sheet moves. I noticed that the solution for this on the PC is that the scroll key is locked. I have a MAC - hence no scroll key (i believe). Any thoughts??? Press Scroll Lock one more time -- Kind regards, Niek Otten "RJM" <rmcgivney@hartford.edu> wrote in message news:1133794598.726649.59010@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > The arrow keys no longer work properly in Excel. I used to be able to > move...

XY charts not displaying correctly in Excel 2007
I have a suite of Excel spreadsheets for the design of reinforced concrete that have been developed in Excel 2003. When loaded by Excel 2007, the numerous XY charts are not displaying correctly when series ranges are separated by commas (for example C21:W21,C36:W36). Only the part of the series before the first comma displays. When a very similar problem occurred some years ago with the release of a new version of Excel, MS prepared a fix/upgrade. -- Rod Webster FIStructE of Concrete Innovation & Design The problem seems to have been fixed by Excel 2007 SP2. - Jon ------- Jon Pelti...

How do you save and share "user-defined chart type's" in Excel? #2
We have created chart types and data formats that are in alignment with our company brand and we would like to add these user-defiined chart types and data formats to other employee's machines to use. However, we do not know how to do this. Does anyone know? Hi, Have a read of this page and the linked article. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/CreateCustomTypes.html Cheers Andy Jocelynne wrote: > We have created chart types and data formats that are in alignment with our > company brand and we would like to add these user-defiined chart types and > data formats t...

Analysis services connection using Excel
Server- remote win2k3 server running sql2k8 in workgroup setup - no AD. Client - Xp prof connect to server via vpn and rdp I am trying to connect to sql database from Excel , data , from other sources, from analysis services using windows authentication and I am getting an error " Errors in OLD DB provider. Could not connect to the redirector. Ensure that the SQL browser services is running on the 'dbservername' server. Can you pls update on what needs to be corrected to remotely connect to analysis services via vpn from client and also make a odbc connection ...

How do I prevent Excel from auto-correcting the date format?
I am using Excel, and every time I enter 2/1 in the spreadsheet - it corrects it to Feb-1. How do I prevent it from doing this? One way is to format the input column / range as Text first (via Format > Cells > Number tab > Text > OK) -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- Singapore, GMT+8 xdemechanik http://savefile.com/projects/236895 -- "Watts" <Watts@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:16725A60-590A-4658-857A-2E6C8420D253@microsoft.com... > I am using Excel, and every time I enter 2/1 in the spreadsheet - it corrects > it to Feb-1. How do I prevent it from do...

Unable to Export Data from GP to Excel
We're having a issue when a user attempts to export data from GP to Excel he receives an error message that: "Unexpected Error; quitting" Checked the event logs on PC, nothing present. Running GP 8.00g34 and Excel 2000. The error occurs when the user clicks on SmartLists, highlights any account and then clicks Excel. I reinstalled GP w/ IM and reinstalled Office 2k and patched it. The user is still experiencing the same issue. I did notice that when I open Excel I get and error message stating that: "C:\Pr.....\Integration Manager\Add-In 2000\IAXLAddin.xla coul...

DDE very slow with Excel 2002 repost
I have a DDE server app that my clients use to import data into Excel. After some of my clients upgraded to Excel 2002 & Windows XP I received numerous complaints about sevier performans deterioration. For example a spreadsheet with 150 DDE links used to update for 2-3 min with Excel 200 on Windows 2000. With Excel 2002 on Windows XP it take 15 to 20 min for the same spreadsheet !!! As they spent lots of money for the upgrade, everithing was blamed on my DDE server. I took some of their documents and made some test with different versions of Windows, Excel and OpenOffice 1.1. I o...

BROWSE AN IMAGE from hardisk an past to excel
my .xls must be simply a foto and a button "browse". I want that i can browse a photo from hardisk and, when i selected, it appear on document. Can you help me? thx Try this Disperso MyPath = "C:\" Change this to your path Sub test() Dim FName As Variant Dim wb As Workbook Dim MyPath As String Dim SaveDriveDir As String SaveDriveDir = CurDir MyPath = "C:\" ChDrive MyPath ChDir MyPath FName = Application.GetOpenFilename(filefilter:= _ "Pictures(*.jpg;*.gif;*.bmp...

Vba #5
I don't have a clue to using VBA. How do you begin to enter code t perform tasks? Please Help Anit -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Anita here's my 2cents worth .... depends on how you learn - if you're a "play around and see what happens" type of person then record a couple of macros and look at the code generated to record macros use tools / macro / record new macro ... do some that sorts stuff maybe a subtotal maybe changes font wouldn't do all in the same macro - it's easier to understand the code if there'...

Odd issue with Excel
Hi, I am hoping some one else has seen this. My group at work recently upgrade to Office 2007 (approx 3 weeks) . We have been using a shared excel document on a share drive for about a year now. Since the upgrade we have had the file just disappear from the share drive. It has happened twice so far. We have to have some who has the work book up save it locally and then we need to move it back to the share. Has any one seen anything like this and do you know a fix. TIA ...

Does Excel Do this?
I use excel to create bids for my company, that works great. Then I have to re input the same info into a document without pricing for the shop. Is there away that I can get the same info that I am putting in a bid to automaticly go into another document without certain info. You can use a formula on one sheet to refer to another sheet =bid!a2 or a macro sheets("sheet2").range("a2")=sheets("bid").range("a2") -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Whit" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:05f90...

Hiding formulas in Excel 2000
I want to hide my formulas (formuli ?) and leave everything else unprotected. Can this be done in Excel 2000 ? 1. Press Ctrl+A (may have to do it twice) to select the sheet. 2. Press Ctrl+1. 3. On the Protection tab uncheck the "locked" box and press OK. 4. Press F5 > Special. 5. Click Formulas and press OK. 6. Press Ctrl+1 again and click the "locked" and "hidden" boxes. Press OK. 7. Go to Tools > Protection > Protect Sheet. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA "HarryMangurian" wrote: > I want to hide my formulas (formuli ?) and leave everything els...

Excel 2001 crashes on worksheet functions
If someone has ever faced a similar problem and can help me out.... I am using the Excel program from the Office 2001 for Mac. My Mac is a G4 450MHz Dual proccessor with 128Mb ram and 10Gb HD. The problem I have is that although the XL program operates smoothly without no problems whenever I wanna insert a function it crushes!!! and the display freezes! Sometimes I get a Bomb error 2 sometimes a 3!!! The most unusual however is that the program crashes on the 2nd insert of a function... To make myself clear: On a worksheet I select tools->Insert->Function(whatever function...) an...

SQL vs. VBA
I am learning (slowly) how and where to use VBA and SQL. I've noticed that some jobs can be done using either. For example, I can have a button with 'ON CLICK' code including the SQL fragment: UPDATE tblData SET Description = "Not Available" , but I can do the same thing with a Sub containing a code fragment like: With rstData Do While Not .EOF !Description = "Not Available" .Update .MoveNext Loop End With It seems like there are probably many jobs that can be done with VBA alone ...

Excel 2003 Wizards?
Hi, is there a way to set up an Excel spreadsheet so it will automatically delete certain rows or columns? For example, I have a report I cut and paste into Excel from a website and it shows multiple lines of "Call Summary" followed by a ton of data. These lines are duplicates and I want to be able to have them disapear without me clicking on each row and deleting it. Is that possible? Show us a small sample of the data and explain which rows/columns to be deleted from that sample. But yes........Excel can be programmed to do that. Or maybe just adding a filter to filter out...

Dynamic Excel Charts in Word
Can I link data from columns in Excel to a pie chart in a mail merged Word document so the pie chart changes as I scroll through the entries? If this is possible, how do I do it? Any help would be appreciated, especially if my efforts are in vain. Thanks. ...

How to stop automatic division of numbers in Excel
Hi, For some reason whenever I enter numbers into Excel 2003 now without the = sign beforehand, the number shows up as if I divided it by 10,000 (i.e. 1 becomes .0001). I don't know what I did to start this problem but I can't figure out how to solve it. Thanks for any help, Justin Hi! Goto Tools>Options>Edit And see if you have Fixed Decimal Places set to 4. Biff >-----Original Message----- >Hi, >For some reason whenever I enter numbers into Excel 2003 now without the = >sign beforehand, the number shows up as if I divided it by 10,000 (i.e. 1 >become...

How to make large characters in some cell range to appear small
I was trying to make all characters entered in some cell range to be appeared small by using the Event code provided by some generous people: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Application.EnableEvents = False If Not Application.Intersect(Target, Range("I1:I100")) Is Nothing Then Target(1).Value = LCase(Target(1).Value) End If Application.EnableEvents = True End Sub However, even though I put the mentioned code in "View code" section of my sheet1 within Visual Basic (as I was advised) it seems that it did not not affected the excel file. in other w...