Excel Re-calculation 2000 compared to 2003

My company has recently deployed MS Office 2003. The previously deployed
version was Office 2000.

One of our users has an 11MB financial workbook that contains lots of
formula. Mostly of IF, SUMIF and SUM calculations. There are plenty of
links between the 25 worksheets within the one workbook but no links to
other workbooks.

Entering data into the workbook using Excel 2000 is nearly
instantaneous. However entering data into Excel 2003 takes about 15
seconds each time I press enter (or direction key) as the workbook
recalculates each time.
The settings for calculation are identical with calculation =
automatic.

Any idea how I can achieve the same performance in 2003 that 2000
delivers?
The calculation algorithm in Excel 2002 and 2003 is supposed to better
than earlier versions.
I do not want to go to manual calculation as this is seen as a negative
step by the user community seeing that they did not need to do that in
Excel 2000.

--
tonymitchell
tonymitchell's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25812

I have managed to resolve this issue.
Thanks to the article:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;902324
The spreadsheet in question contained some 35 thousand SUMIF formul
that were all one cell different between the first and thir
arguements

--
tonymitchel
tonymitchell's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2581
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39213

Questing about exchange 2000 server
My company recently had it's T1 internet connection cut so therefore, our exchange 2000 server couldn't receive email. We spoke to another company, X, that agreed to let us dial in, using an ISDN line, to their system to grab a static ip. They've called up our registrar, Network Solutions ,and added two of their own nameservers. They've also assigned 10 mail.x.com as the mx record. So now, all our mails goes to their linux email server, where spam and virus filtering takes place, then gets forwarded to our exchange 2000 server. We are now getting a T1 line from verizon wit...

Template for recording BLOOD PRESSURE for Excel 2002
Hi all, Recently discovered have High Blood Pressure. Need to record BP different time of a day for weeks and get averages etc. etc. Where can I download a template from. Any pointers. Thanks I sent one privately. Other requests will be honored but ONLY if OFF list. I will NOT respond to a request made here. "Bigdady" <nobegdadyspam@nospamblyeyonder.co.uk.> wrote in message news:qp13nv8v6kv5grucpcfia4bpa7prq5ss6k@4ax.com... > Hi all, > > Recently discovered have High Blood Pressure. Need to record BP > different time of a day for weeks and get averages etc. ...

Emailing in excel 2003 02-26-10

re: updating values
that works, but i'll need to add a lot of hidden feilds (20+/-)... Is there another way (perhaps more efficient -if not as simple?) ("there's more than one way to skin a cat") thanks inadvance, mark --------------------------------------------------------------------- "Daryl S" <DarylS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:79CFD708-34B3-419A-A3F1-CF7050ACDE9F@microsoft.com... > Mark - > > Add the field [PresetOption] to the form. You can set the .visible > property > to FALSE so the user won't see it. Then the code...

Re: Test upload JPG
Oh, only real jpg can be upload? "green" <greenabc300@hotmail.com> д����Ϣ����:... > > I can not upload zip files and jpg files now , Just one more test on jpg > file upload. > > > > > "green" <greenabc300@hotmail.com> д����Ϣ����:e4v77F5gKHA.3792@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >> Hello, every one! >> >> Ownerdraw main window , I used SetWindowRgn to cut down the four corners, >> but there will left something drawing here when you drag the corners and >> borders to resized the window on the backgroun...

RE: Use that security update
--dedtgpho Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="yzkfzsfqtv"; type="multipart/alternative" --yzkfzsfqtv Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="qeviqcxczwaquy" --qeviqcxczwaquy Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to hel...

Frontpage 2003 or Publisher 2003 ?
Which one should I use? I am not familiar with Publisher. I am familiar with FrontPage. What kind of support is needed on the server side for a web ? cgi? etc. Any info or a link to some info appreciated. Hi Cracker Jacks (cjacks<nospamz)@verizon.net), in the newsgroups you posted: || Which one should I use? I am not familiar with Publisher. I am || familiar with FrontPage. What kind of support is needed on the || server side for a web ? cgi? etc. Any info or a link to some info || appreciated. I recommend FrontPage 2003. FrontPage 2003 doesn't REQUIRE FrontPage Server extensions,...

Opening a new instance of Excel

Automatic Calculation #2
Why is automatic calculation keeps running even though there is no modification done in my spreadsheet? Thanks, Lucie Ch�nier What makes you think that excel is recalculating? If it's because you see Calculate in the statusbar, it could be... http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=243495 XL: Calculate Message Remains in Status Bar If 65,536 Formula References "Lucie Ch�nier" wrote: > > Why is automatic calculation keeps running even though there is no > modification done in my spreadsheet? > > Thanks, > > Lucie Ch�nier -- Dave Peterso...

Excel Edit F2 button changed for Mac???

outlook 2000 help file

EXCEL TROUBLESHOOTING #2

Excel Crash

Outlook 2003

connect a form to excel database
I have a database in excel which lists our stock and prices etc. I would like to be able to enter a stock number on an invoice that will retrieve the details and price from my excel database. Can this be done? Excel has built in option--try data|form. If that doesn't quite work, but it's close, John Walkenbach has an enhanced dataform at: http://j-walk.com/ss/dataform/index.htm And if you want to design your own, Debra Dalgleish has a get started with userforms: http://contextures.com/xlUserForm01.html Kathy wrote: > > I have a database in excel which lists our stock and p...

Does anyone know where I can download EXCEL.MSI?
I am missing my Excel 2002 CD, and can't install Office Update Service Pack 3 without this file. ...

Excel ignores boot-time regional settings when interpreting a date
I have a third party DDE app that exports dates as strings, correctly using the short date format in the regional and language settings, which, in my case is MM/DD/YYYY (reset at every boot). Unfortunately excel insists in interpreting that date as DD/MM/YYYY [Application.International(xlDateOrder)=1, it should be 0], disregarding my regional settings. The result is that all the dates are wrong or #VALUES! If this is not wierd enough, listen to this: it only happens after I reboot (when the date format is reset to MM/DD/YYYY). If subsequently I change the short date format in the regional se...