Excel Question: How to Delete All Blank Rows from a worksheet?

Hi, I'm brand new, and that is my question.  I just spent 2 hour
laboriously mousing along deleting row by row, every other row thinkin
there's gotta be a better way.  (I could've done it of course if the
were adjacent, but they were interspersed with my good data).  I'm
little behind the times: agile with keystrokes but less so with mous
[think I was quicker in Lotus DOS! (actually "TWIN")].  But I do play
mean piano

Check out:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/deleting.htm#DeleteBlankRows

"DaveThePianoGuy >" <<DaveThePianoGuy.14nfqy@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in
message news:DaveThePianoGuy.14nfqy@excelforum-nospam.com...
> Hi, I'm brand new, and that is my question.  I just spent 2 hours
> laboriously mousing along deleting row by row, every other row thinking
> there's gotta be a better way.  (I could've done it of course if they
> were adjacent, but they were interspersed with my good data).  I'm a
> little behind the times: agile with keystrokes but less so with mouse
> [think I was quicker in Lotus DOS! (actually "TWIN")].  But I do play a
> mean piano.
>

> ---

jmay (696)
4/13/2004 11:45:35 AM
Hi
have a look at
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/deleting.htm#DeleteBlankRows

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

> Hi, I'm brand new, and that is my question.  I just spent 2 hours
> laboriously mousing along deleting row by row, every other row
> thinking there's gotta be a better way.  (I could've done it of
> course if they were adjacent, but they were interspersed with my good
> data).  I'm a little behind the times: agile with keystrokes but less
> so with mouse [think I was quicker in Lotus DOS! (actually "TWIN")].
> But I do play a mean piano.
>

> ---

frank.kabel (11126)
4/13/2004 11:49:10 AM
Select the column,  Edit menu ->
Goto -> Special... -> Blanks -> OK -> Edit -> Delete (shift cells up) -> OK.

"DaveThePianoGuy >" <<DaveThePianoGuy.14nfqy@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in
message news:DaveThePianoGuy.14nfqy@excelforum-nospam.com...
> Hi, I'm brand new, and that is my question.  I just spent 2 hours
> laboriously mousing along deleting row by row, every other row thinking
> there's gotta be a better way.  (I could've done it of course if they
> were adjacent, but they were interspersed with my good data).  I'm a
> little behind the times: agile with keystrokes but less so with mouse
> [think I was quicker in Lotus DOS! (actually "TWIN")].  But I do play a
> mean piano.
>

> ---

tzych7060 (3)
4/13/2004 1:45:05 PM
A non-macro approach.

Insert an extra column.

Put =row() in the first row and drag down.
copy that column and edit|paste special|values

Sort your data to get those blanks together.
Delete them in one fell swoop.

Use that helper column to put things back in the same order that you started.
delete that helper column.

"DaveThePianoGuy <" wrote:

> Hi, I'm brand new, and that is my question.  I just spent 2 hours
> laboriously mousing along deleting row by row, every other row thinking
> there's gotta be a better way.  (I could've done it of course if they
> were adjacent, but they were interspersed with my good data).  I'm a
> little behind the times: agile with keystrokes but less so with mouse
> [think I was quicker in Lotus DOS! (actually "TWIN")].  But I do play a
> mean piano.
>
> ---

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com
0
ec35720 (10082)

Excel to PDF
When converting Excel workbook to Acrobat some sheets are dropped without giving any error messages. How can I fix this ? I am using windows 95, Office 97 and Adobe Acrobat 4. ...

Excel 2007

Stupid question regarding reports
I am a former Quicken user switching to Money and I have what seems to me a very dumb report question. How do I create a new report? I've looked in the help file and in the online tutorial and users guide and find plenty of references to customizing an existing report but nothing about creating a new one. I realize that it must be there somewhere. Someone please help this dummy (it would be nice if they gave you even a 5 page manual though). Bob Had me guessing for a while also. Just click on "reports" and select which one you want. Don't forget to use "custom...

Autofit row height in merged cells
I am producing reports that include comments, some lengthy. I need several columns for most of the report, so I need to merge cells for the comments to appear right on the printed report. Is there a way to get the row height automatically auto fit? I know this works with unmerged cells set alignment to wrap text and row height to autofit, but once I merge cells it stops working. Any help? Also, is there a way make autofit work if the cell is a formula that points to text? My apologies to the group. After searching I see someone else asked this question 11 days ago and was pointed t...

worksheet tabs 01-06-10
Hi In the 2003 excel-- Is there a way to have the worksheet tabs automatically go in alphabetical order-- or do you have to do in manually? -- Thank-you! Ruth Ruth, Use this code: Sub ArrangeSheetsInOrder() Dim iCount As Integer Application.ScreenUpdating = False iCount = Sheets.Count For i = 1 To iCount - 1 For j = i + 1 To iCount If Sheets(j).Name < Sheets(i).Name Then Sheets(j).Move Before:=Sheets(i) End If Next j Next i End Sub "Ruth" wrote: > Hi > > In the 2003 excel-- Is there a way to have the worksheet tabs automatically ...

Copy entire row where CellValue=0

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

Excel not Access

help with simple maths in excel

Opening Excel Workbooks

How do I use traffic lights in excel

Newbie Question: Using Web Services
Hello All. I've been trying to implement Infopath with CRM with no success. I've tried the example, http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnmbscrm1_2/html/mbs_crminfopathcrmintegration.asp, to no avail. I have followed the example to the letter, but find the information about publishing the Web Service to the server to be somewhat lacking. Admittedly, I am not a programmer, and I am continually running into an error in line 54: xmlDoc.LoadXml(objQuery.ExecuteQuery(objBizUser.WhoAmI(), strAllAccountsFetchXML)); Has anyone else ...

how do i change colour of scroll bar in worksheet
I find it very difficult to see the scroll bar in my excel workshhet as they are white, can they be changed to a colour and if so how ? Are the scrollbars white in other applications? In win98, I could change some display settings, but I couldn't change the scrollbar colors. But if the scrollbars aren't white in other applications, then this can't be the solution. Jayne wrote: > > I find it very difficult to see the scroll bar in my excel workshhet as they > are white, can they be changed to a colour and if so how ? -- Dave Peterson In word they are, but not on a...

Excel DNS query

Excel Problem

Please Help w/ Large Excel File
Hello everyone. I have this Excel file that has drawing text box objects in the document. When I delete a text box the attributes still are present, but just not showing. It is continually growing my file size. When I export the document to HTML after deleting all the text box drawing objects and saving the file, the text box objects still show as vtextbox elements in this file. I tried to reproduce this with a new Excel workbook but could not. I would be greatful if anyone can figure this out, as I have a lot of documents to re-create if there is no solution. Thank you. exce...

How can I set an alarm Excel?
I would like to set an audible alarm in Excel based on a cell value. Try this in the worksheet VBA editor. If the value of A5 is greater than 50 you get a beep. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Dim frequency As Long Dim duration As Long If Target <> Range("A5") Then Exit Sub If Target.Value > 50 Then frequency = 4160 duration = 1500 Call Beep(frequency, duration) End If End Sub HTH Regards, Howard "Annell" <Annell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EFE8AA18-3F14-4A92-941D-053922417AB2@mic...

Question about Cell Borders
I need to be able to set a default cell border style, thickness and color, such that when the Border button on the Format toolbar is clicked, that border will be consistently applied to the selected cells. Is there any way to permanently change the border produced by the toolbar button. Thanks Kevin I don't know of any way to reliably do what you're after. However, a better solution would be to create a new toolbar button and attach a macro that you record (Tools/Macros/Record new macro) applying the border style, thickness and color that you want. In article <C4FC8DC5-C...