Excel query #2

Convert a number into words
0
anonymous (74721)

On Tue, 2 Mar 2004 18:26:06 -0800, Dennis

>Convert a number into words

Here y'go:

7 = Seven.

Or alternatively, this article may be of use to you:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;140704&

Hank Scorpio
scorpionet who hates spam is at iprimus.com.au (You know what to do.)
* Please keep all replies in this Newsgroup. Thanks! *
0
ApolloXVIII (173)
3/3/2004 7:57:52 AM
Hi Dennis,

A couple of MS links for you to check out

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q213360
XL2000: How to Convert a Numeric Value into English Words

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q140704
XL: How to Convert a Numeric Value into English Words

Laurent Longre also has an addin that does it all for you. You can get it
http://longre.free.fr/english/

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Dennis" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Convert a number into words

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)

Excel VBA Programming
I NEED HELP! I am fairly competent with MS Excel but now looking to develop myself in VBA but don't know abc of VBA! I did download a free manual from the following link but may be self study is not my cup of tea!: http://www.mousetraining.co.uk/training-manuals/Excel2003VBA.pdf may be if someone could send me a link for video tutorials on VBA that would be awesome! Any help will be much appreciated! R Hi Just go to Youtube and type in the search box "Excel VBA" It's full of video tutorials. HTH John "rraw75" <user@msgroups.net/> wrote in message n...

make column lists for select query.
sheet1 table1 col1_1 table1 col1_2 table1 col1_3 table1 col1_4 table1 col1_5 table1 col1_6 table2 col2_1 table2 col2_2 table2 col2_3 table2 col2_4 .... .... sheet2 table1 col1_1,col1_2,col1_3,col1_4,col1_5,col1_6, table2 col2_1,col2_2,col2_3,col2_4, .... .... I want to make column lists for some table listed in sheet1. for example, select column_lists from table1 without vba is it possible? thanks. I think you may want some dependent lists. http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html HTH, Barb Reinhardt "kang" wrote: > sheet1 > table1 col1_1 > table1 col1_2 >...

Emailing in excel 2003 02-26-10

Opening a new instance of Excel

Automatic Calculation #2
Why is automatic calculation keeps running even though there is no modification done in my spreadsheet? Thanks, Lucie Ch�nier What makes you think that excel is recalculating? If it's because you see Calculate in the statusbar, it could be... http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=243495 XL: Calculate Message Remains in Status Bar If 65,536 Formula References "Lucie Ch�nier" wrote: > > Why is automatic calculation keeps running even though there is no > modification done in my spreadsheet? > > Thanks, > > Lucie Ch�nier -- Dave Peterso...

Quirky recent file list #2
Debra--- I do tend to open from Windows Explore more then File>Open. But I am saving the file. It's more that it is annoying when I close a file by accident and don't quite remember where it got saved on the server. Stacie -- SPenney ------------------------------------------------------------------------ SPenney's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1079 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=267592 Well, I guess you weren't the only one who wanted this behaviour changed. <g> If/when you upgr...

Office:mac v.X #2
Version: v.X Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel I have subject version of Office. I know that there must be updates to this so I can bring this up to date but I can seem to find the ones I need to start the process. Can someone get me to the beginning? Thanks!!! You can get the Office X 10.1.9 update here: http://snipurl.com/22zx4 On 3/30/08 3:09 PM, in article ee96b4c.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "AWOLGolfer@officeformac.com" <AWOLGolfer@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: v.X > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) > Processor: intel &g...

EXCEL TROUBLESHOOTING #2

Excel Edit F2 button changed for Mac???

Exchange 2007 Evaluation version #2

Dates in a form for filtering Report query
I have a form "Period" with two text boxes. One for startDate and one for EndDate. I want to use that form to limit the query for my Report by the dates. However, when I refer to the Form it does not seem to understand it is a date? I use the following statement in my query: SELECT Opphold.CheckIn FROM Opphold WHERE (((Opphold.CheckIn)<=[Forms]![Perioder].[txtStartDate])); I also tried to convert it to a date like the following: CDate(<=[Forms]![Perioder].[txtStartDate]))) but that did not work? What should I do in order to the query to read the condition or dat...

Excel Crash

Does anyone know where I can download EXCEL.MSI?
I am missing my Excel 2002 CD, and can't install Office Update Service Pack 3 without this file. ...

Excel ignores boot-time regional settings when interpreting a date
I have a third party DDE app that exports dates as strings, correctly using the short date format in the regional and language settings, which, in my case is MM/DD/YYYY (reset at every boot). Unfortunately excel insists in interpreting that date as DD/MM/YYYY [Application.International(xlDateOrder)=1, it should be 0], disregarding my regional settings. The result is that all the dates are wrong or #VALUES! If this is not wierd enough, listen to this: it only happens after I reboot (when the date format is reset to MM/DD/YYYY). If subsequently I change the short date format in the regional se...

Excel to check for regular expression?
Hi, How do you use Regular expression in excel? For eg: Check a column of data to see whether are all of them valid email addresses? Please advise THanks By valid, do you mean that the email is in proper syntax or that it is an actual email address. Text formulas can be used for proper syntax. Perhaps a Visual Basic proceedure. I doubt you can check that the email address actually exists, as many companies and ISPs will simply disregard and drop mail to invalid email addresses to eliminate spam "user" wrote: > Hi, > > How do you use Regular expression ...

connect a form to excel database
I have a database in excel which lists our stock and prices etc. I would like to be able to enter a stock number on an invoice that will retrieve the details and price from my excel database. Can this be done? Excel has built in option--try data|form. If that doesn't quite work, but it's close, John Walkenbach has an enhanced dataform at: http://j-walk.com/ss/dataform/index.htm And if you want to design your own, Debra Dalgleish has a get started with userforms: http://contextures.com/xlUserForm01.html Kathy wrote: > > I have a database in excel which lists our stock and p...

In Excel program shows a broken line and don't know how to get ri.

Excel Cells Contents to HTML Pages

Chart
From: <c@c.c> Subject: Chart - Title Widths Date: Tuesday, February 03, 2004 12:43 PM Chart - Title Widths Does anyone know how to find the width of a title/axis title? ...