Excel Progrom Error

Hi there

Happy new year to all.

I often receive the folowing error message in a box titled "Program
Error".

EXCEL.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will
need to restart the program.

An error log is being created.

The only option is OK which closes Excel. I do not know where the
error log is created.

I am using Office 2000 Service Pack 3 with  Windows 2000 Professsional
Service Pack 4.

Can anybody throw some light on this error.

Thanks in anticipation.

Michael
0
rekas (13)

What are you doing at the time (i.e. is it consistent)?

--
Regards;
Rob
"Michael Rekas" <rekas@worldemail.com> wrote in message
> Hi there
>
> Happy new year to all.
>
> I often receive the folowing error message in a box titled "Program
> Error".
>
> EXCEL.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will
> need to restart the program.
>
> An error log is being created.
>
> The only option is OK which closes Excel. I do not know where the
> error log is created.
>
> I am using Office 2000 Service Pack 3 with  Windows 2000 Professsional
> Service Pack 4.
>
> Can anybody throw some light on this error.
>
> Thanks in anticipation.
>
> Michael

0
NotLikely (282)
12/31/2004 7:32:01 PM
No I cannot seem to see any consistency.

Thanks

Michael

On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 13:32:01 -0600, "RWN" <NotLikely@mts.net> wrote:

>What are you doing at the time (i.e. is it consistent)?

0
rekas (13)
1/1/2005 9:05:10 AM
Does this only happen on one workbook or all workbooks?

If it happens on just one, then it sounds like that workbook is corrupted and
may need to be rebuilt.

Does it happen whenever you save or only when you're closing or opening excel?
If it happens when you're closing or closing excel, it could be a corrupted
*.xlb file.

*.xlb (name and location change with versions of windows/excel) is the file that
contains your customized toolbars.  One of the things excel does when you're
closing, not just saving, is update this file.

You could close excel and find that file and rename it to see if it helps.

close excel
windows start button|find|*.xlb
rename any you find to *.xlbold
and test it out.

===
You may want to try opening excel in safe mode to see if that changes anything.
close excel
windows start button|Run
excel /safe
file|Open your workbook
test it out.
===

If that didn't help (or if it's just one workbook), maybe opening the workbook
in OpenOffice and saving there would clean it up enough for excel to accept it.

http://www.openoffice.org, a 60-65 meg download or a CD

If it's just one file and the file is really important, there are commercial
recovery services.  I've never used it, but you might want to check into:
http://www.officerecovery.com

--

Dave Peterson
0

Error Message Every Time I Send and Receive
I use Microsoft Entourage 2008 Mac 12.2.3 Below is the error message I receive> 5.1.2 or other punctuation after the recipient’s email address. 22sm4180816pzk.1 Error: -17099 How can I get rid of this message? Thanks. On 2010-03-01 22:30:03 -0500, Do said: > Error: -17099 > > How can I get rid of this message? You have all the explanations for this error message here: http://www.entourage.mvps.org/error/number.html#error-17099 Corentin ...

How do I toggle between worksheets in the same Excel file ?
Please tell me the keyboard shortcut to toggle between worksheets in the same Excel file. My OS is XP and am using Excel 2000. Ctrl+PageUp and Ctrl+PageDown Regards Rowan Sameer wrote: > Please tell me the keyboard shortcut to toggle between worksheets in the same > Excel file. My OS is XP and am using Excel 2000. ...

I did a Z report and got this Error #3709 at the POS
Error #3709 Method '~' of object '~' failed (Source; QSRules) Select GetDate() as current Date Time after I press enter following message: Runtime error '5' Invalid Procedure call or management Then the POS exits! Thank You, Vince -- Thank You Vince :) ...

Opening Excel #5
When opening excel 10 different audio files have attached themselves to the start of each file. It's like the New Cd with Rod Stewart have transferred to excel. When launched, XL opens (or attempts to open) all files in your XLStart directory and, if an additional folder is designated, the files in Tools>Options>General Tab>At startup, open all file in___. Most users leave this option blank and remove all non-essential files from XLStart. -- Greeting from the Gulf Coast! http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays "GOLFBALL49" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrot...

Excel 97 / Excel 2000 compatibility problem?
Hello, I=B4m developing an Excel application with Excel 97. I have added a control toolbox of type textbox to one of=20 its worksheets. Until now it was no problem to run it with Excel 2000. But in the latest version the textbox disappears in Excel=20 2000. It is still visible on the sheet, but its name is=20 not more known in the Excel-VBA-Code nor is it visible in=20 the editor windows class list. Has anybody an explanation for this behaviour? Regards Michael ...

growing excel database
Hello everyone! It is possible to import data into excel from the web. It is also possible update this data IN THE SAME CELLS. In other words, the values that once occupied the cells are replaced with new values. That is a problem for me. I would like updated information to be pasted in rows above the old data. Is this possible? If so, how? Piotr, Yes, it is possible to import data into Excel from the web. Web queries are designed to do this and if a web query can't do what you need, then there are ways to automate Internet Explorer (i.e. IE Automation). You can record a m...

Sorting issue
Hello, I am having a problem sorting two columns (one is the street name and the other is the street number eg. 321 Smith St) in Excel 2007 by using a custom sort. Let's say that the data in column A is the number and B is the street name. I have the sort setup to sort first by B then by A. The problem is with the numbers. Some numbers are out of order in the spreadsheet although the majority are correct. I have formatted the number column (A) as a number as well. I have also tried creating a new spreadsheet and pasting (paste special) the data into it with the same result. Can anyo...

Excel sheet
I want to increase value by 1 of every cell which I entered by using formula. How can do this? I want automatic result in excel I am getting problem by this You are in a Microsoft Publisher ng. But if you want to number a column, i.e., line numbers, this may be what you want In A1 put 1 In A2 put =1+a1 Now copy A2 down to whatever you want. I think this is how it goes in Excel; I'm a Lotus 1-2-3 user and the formuli are a bit different. Have a Merry! -- Don Vancouver, USA "vasanth" <u40119@uwe> wrote in message news:7d26017dc9997@uwe... >I want to incr...

Bizarre Reports Error
For Some Unknow Reason all my reports are playing up, when i open any report now, it looks like its zoomed x1000 in the Left Top Report Header, Tried zooming out and nothing, the report just gets smaller. the only way i seem to cure this is when i click setup on the report preview and then go columns tab change some thing, change it back click apply and OK then the report Is correctly displaying its self, and im having to do this every time i open a report. any one know whats causing it? On 28 Aug, 19:06, Maurice <Maur...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Have you tried sett...

Strange Excel behaviour

Error delivering inbound mail to the queue
I am having problems delivering inbound mail. The mail hits the mailbox (I monitor the exchange mailbox) and then disappears. At first I wasn't getting any errors that I could find, but eventually found this in the event log: Source: MSCRMExRouterService Category: None Event: 0 Microsoft.Crm.Tools.ExchangeConnectorService.ExchangeSinkServiceException: Delivering message: Test from owa CRM:00020020 in mailbox: CRMMail failed (System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(Soap...

complicated excel template
I am on the beginning phases of a manufacturing template. Hopefully som of you can help me out. I need to determine how many parts of a certai item I can obtain from a determined square foot of material. Fo example: how many parts of 1" x 1.5" widgets can I get from a 48" x 96 sheet -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You could use something simple like: =INT(C1/A1)*INT(D1/B1) where A1 = part width, B1 = part length, C1 = sheet width, D1 = sheet length. Of course this does not take into account any unique cutting patterns that minimize scrap. It's assume...

Planning training in Excel
I have been tasked to organise training for my company and they have asked me to use MS Project, which has totally blown my mind. Having done some investigating Project will not give me the answers that I need surprisingly, but I am hoping Excel will I am really trying hard to figure a way of schedulign training for 200 individuals, with 20 different modules (fixed dates) and take into account holidays. So for instance Joe Bloggs needs to attend Module A, B & D over the next 3 months, but he also has 2 weeks holiday booked. There are four other people in his department but I can only all...

Auto-changing of Excel Files' name
Ever since we changed our server's O/S from Windows Server NT 4.0 to Windows Server 2003, all excel files' name will get changed by itself when they are accessed from any terminal within the LAN, which is running Windows 98 or Windows XP. What could be the cause(s) of this strange problem? Any solution? ...

Create drop down list in Excel 2007
Hi Could you please share with me how to create drop down list in Excel 2007? Thanks in advanced What version of Excel are you using? "lee-sc" wrote: > Hi > > Could you please share with me how to create drop down list in Excel 2007? > > Thanks in advanced > Sorry Lee-sc, hit the send button to quick in my previous post. In the Data menu, choose "Data Valiation", then "Data Validation". Under Settings, select "List" in he "Allow" drop down box. In the "Source" field, type in or se...

how can i set up an automatic "date update" in excel?
In other words, i would like excel to update this cell with the current date every time when i open the document. Can i do that? one way: =TODAY() In article <D8818AFF-8489-4FF1-B94D-A08FB0B45F01@microsoft.com>, "Litzyam" <Litzyam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > In other words, i would like excel to update this cell with the current date > every time when i open the document. Can i do that? One way =today() HTH "Litzyam" wrote: > In other words, i would like excel to update this cell with the current date > every time when i open t...

Excel 95 to Excel 2003
Anyone know if it's possible to convert Excel 95 files to Excel 2003? If so, how. Thanks in advance Open the file in 2003 and SAVE as you would a file created in 2003. If not absolutely positive, save as a different name. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Cooper" <kcooper2@austin.rr.com> wrote in message news:uqLpEuG4EHA.1292@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Anyone know if it's possible to convert Excel 95 files to Excel 2003? If > so, how. > > Thanks in advance > > Open in XL 2003, when you close it, it should, ask you if you w...

Exporting the subreports to an excel
Hi , once i am able to create the sub reports when i export this to an excel i am not able to see the data.. can you please help me out with this.. Thanks in Advance Kasaiah ...

Excel appearance
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel when I open up a worksheet the view is too small so I zoom to 150% which is perfect. I cannot find a way to keep this preference as my default when opening other worksheets. i am a new user for Mac. thanks You can't do this in Excel 2008 because it has no VBA. Each workbook will open at the zoom ratio it was last saved at. In the next version of Excel, you will be able to make a simple macro to set the zoom on opening. Cheers On 17/03/10 5:20 AM, in article 59bb557f.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, ...

Manager Error 'Bad File name or Number'
I keep getting this message on one of my machines when I try to open manager. Admin and POS both open and operate fine. I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice to no avail. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks. Open Administrator and go to File/Configuration. Check the Paths and Templates Tabs - you probably have an invalid path or filename in one of those fields. If you are using files shared on the network, you may not have permission to access the files or folders. -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ----------------------...

Generated Excel 97 documents limited to one worksheet
Hi everyone, I read in several articles that if I want to generate an Excel 97 document dynamically, using ASP for example, by setting the content type to application/vnd.ms-excel, I read that in this case, the document is limited to one worksheet and the user will only be able to view one document max. at a time. Actually, I tried it myself, and it's true. The moment I open a second browser window and try to access the same page that generates the Excel document, the first page goes blank. My quetion is, whether there's an official Microsoft document of MSDN KB article that states t...

Excel formula bar
I want to insert in my formula bar the = sign as an function with my mouse - as I was able to do with my older excell. The 2003 excel shows the fx sign, which I do not want Thanks. Hi Jacko! Try: Tools > Customize > Commands Tab Under Insert you'll find the = sign that you can drag to a toolbar. It doesn't work the same as earlier versions of Excel but does what you ask. -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) available free to good homes. "Jacko Maree" &...

Installation error 432
During installation,, following error message is preventing me from installing the software. I looked a the currently running processes and I don't see any InstallShield process running. Any suggestions or solution? Ahalya, You forgot to include the error message, but typically, if you're looking for an InstallShield instance, then it must be related to an installation already running. This may or may not be another instance of GP installation. I've seen times where uninstalling software does not force a reboot, then holds up installation of other software. Do a full re...

Excel to Excel Automation
Could someone please explain the best process for taking data that has been typed into certain cells in spreadsheet and sending this information to another spreadsheet, in a different location.. Is this possible thorough VBA. Thanks for any advice.. Larry Bargers -- lbargers ------------------------------------------------------------------------ lbargers's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=32798 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=526211 You are really better off using the destination to pull the info from the ...