EXCEL PROBLEM

I OFTEN MAKE FORMS AND SPREAD SHEETS FOR OUR OFFICE USING
EXCEL.  THIS HAS NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE.  I AM GETTING "NOT
ENOUGH" POP UP BOX WHEN TRYING TO MAKE A NEW SPREAD SHEET
TODAY.  THE FULL MESSAGE IS "NOT ENOUGH SYSTEM RESOURCES
TO DISPLAY COMPLETELY.  PLEASE TELL ME THAT THIS THING IS
NOT GOING TO CRASH AND I AM ABOUT TO LOSE ALL OF MY WORK.
CAN SOMEONE HELP? I AM USING 97 VERSION.
THANKS,
JENNIFER
0
JENNIFERS (1)

There are a few things that can be the cause of this ...

You have too many applications open.
You need to clean out your temp files...
You need to do a scan disk and possibly a defrag.
You need to increase the size of your paging file.
Your video card is inadequate for what you are doing.

These are "some" possibilities ... and if you haven't
lost your work by now, you probably won't.

-Rick

0
rlyerex (13)

Excel 2002, Menu and Tool bars are gone.
Hi, Just had a call from a user that her Menu bar (File, Edit, View, Tools, etc...) is gone from all spreadsheets. I cannot restore them due to the menu bar being gone. How can I replace this without using safe mode? Any help is appreciated. View>toggle the Full Screen icon on/off. Does that help? -- Greeting from the Gulf Coast! http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays "Steven" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:03da01c3cf1a$e5339c50$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Just had a call from a user that her Menu bar (File, Edit, > View, Tools, ...

Excel macro 04-10-10
I have a macro which contains a formula which creates a number in a cell. I want to use that result in a formula in another cell. How do I save the result from the first cell so that I can use it in a second cell. The relative locations of the two cells may vary from spreadsheet to spreadsheet but I know how to activate each cell. =A1 -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "msdrolf" <msdrolf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:33395E38-13FB-430A-8F6C-3BA3FB76FBAB@microsoft.com... >I have a macro which contains a formula which creates a n...

Excel template wizard #2
Dear All Am I right in thinking that although the Excel template wizard works with Excel 2002, it does not work on a Windows XP machine - or am I doing something wrong?Thanks Belinda. It work fine on Windows XP Home/Pro but was not part of Excel after 2000. Here is some information that may help: The other response was good - the installer does not seem to work since I downloaded and tried it several times. However, getting another copy does the trick - I had a copy of Office 2000 running on another machine so there is a good probablility that any copy of the wizard will work. Got ...

Excel Builder
Hello I am trying to use Great Plains Excel builder to connect to a SQL Server Table. But when I change the security to include it in the list, it does not display any tables. I am assuming it is a security issue, but even with the SA account I don't see them. When I just select the database and choose save it gives the following error. GPS Error: 58 SQL Error: 102 Microsoft ssql native client sql server incorrect syntax near 'from'. ODBC Error: 37000 I'm guessing this is because I didn't specify a table, so the query doesn't know what to query. Can someone h...

Access Excel Data Export
Hi, I have following problem: I need to export data from Access into Excel worksheet using VBA in Access. How to do it? Regards Witek On Aug 8, 8:06 am, Witek <witold.szczepan...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I have following problem: I need to export data from Access into Excel > worksheet using VBA in Access. How to do it? > > Regards > Witek Will DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet work? ...

Problem with Excel 2003 Template
I downloaded a "Membership List" from Microsoft. It's fine except that the task pane opens when I open the program. I have unchecked the task pane option in tools/options, and tools/customize, and in view. Nothing works. How can I stop the task pane from opening? Thanks, W. G. Davis I don't have 2003, but you might try to copy and paste the data from your downloaded list, over to another Excel workbook. Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "William G. Davis" wrote: > I downloaded a "Membership List" from Microsoft. It's fine except that t...

"Displaying Excel Logo on Site"
Hi, I am creating a website that would like to display the "Excel" logo and I'm not sure as to the specs, rules, blah blah blah... I have visited MS.com feedback areas but none of these seem to direct me to a "YES" or "NO" answer. Does anyone know where I can get verification for this? Odd question huh! You folks are so used to the usual volley of formulas and linking this to that I figured I throw a curve ball at ya'. I seem to recall from my old "FrontPage" users manual (which I can't find!) that it was perfectly acceptable to ...

Excel 2000 under Terminal Services 2003
I am unable to drag and move page breaks in Excel page break preview under Windows 2003 Terminal Services. Any help please ...

controling excel from vba access and using sub procedures
Hi All, I'm having trouble getting my code to work using sub procedures in my vba code, this only happens when i am interacting with excel. I've tried to copy all the dims and defs from the calling procedure but to no avail at this time. sample code below. Dim strPath As String Dim rst As DAO.Recordset Dim Excel_Application As Excel.Application Dim Excel_Workbook As Excel.Workbook Dim Current_Worksheet As Excel.Worksheet Dim Data_Range Dim Worksheet_Name Dim db As Database Dim rs As Recordset D_now = Format(Date, "dd-mm-yy") ' Formated to use as part of fi...

Printing Excel Worksheet
I have made a summary that runs to 10 columns and a number of lines. The area I want to print out - and have switched my printer to landscape already - is A1 to K35. I'm struggling in setting the area for that printing and don't seem to be able to get beyond a single cell - or so it keeps telling me. Some help would be appreciated. Amos Hi Amos select cells A1:H35>File>Print Area>Set Print Area -- Regards Roger Govier "Amos Keeto" <AmosKeeto@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:45A769DC-D4DA-422D-8C0E-CB52FD37801C@microsoft.com... > ...

excel 2003
I've got a problem with excel 2003. When I select some sheets to print them in 1 print job, it splits the printjob to 2 seperate printjobs. This normaly is not a problem, but since I want to print to pdf, pdf-printer will regerate 2 files. Does anyone know how to solve this problem? I searched the internet allready, but I only found 1 solution. This is to set quality all to the same option, eg. all to 600 dpi. This solution only work for excel 97, but I tryed it anyway. Did not work :-( Some ideas? Maybe you can provide more details. I created a workbook with 4 worksheets. I select...

Excel Query #2
I got a stored procedure with 1 parameter and I want to call this stored procedure inside an Excel Query , I tried ..dbo.MySP ? It return with error message "Parameters are not allowed in queries that can't be displayed graphically" The purpose for this approach - This would allow me to anchor my parameter to certain cells on the spreadsheet. My report users could then change the values in those cells and click a button to refresh the query data. Thanks Mike ...

Is there an add-in or a utility for Excel Packaging?
Hi, I heard that there is an Office package that includes "developer tools" to create executable win applications from standard office packs (Access, Word, Excel, Powerpoint). I wonder if there is an add-in or a utility for Excel only... TIA --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. (Giden posta vir�ss�z olarak belgelendi.) Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.709 / Virus Database: 465 - Release Date: 22.06.2004 No, that is not true. You can not make an executable from/with Office applications. To make compiled exe files you need a programm...

Export Query to Excel in VB
Below is a code that works and what I like to do is every time I run the command the data will be created in a new worksheet? If yes, what will the code look like? This code is executed from a form. This query will run every month and will only collect data from the current month. Private Sub Command88_Click() On Error GoTo Err_Command88_Click Dim SavePath As String Dim strExport As String SavePath = "C:\MyFolder\MyFilename.xls" strExport = "MasterQry" DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acExport, acSpreadsheetTypeExcel9, strExport, SavePa...

make an excel worksheet (sheet 2) open w/ the cursor located in t.
I have an excel worksheet with three sheets. Sheets 2 and 3 are locked so that entries can be made in only certain cells. Sheet 3 is linked to sheet 2 so that when an entry is made on sheet 2, the entry appears on sheet 3 in the corresponding cell. I would like sheet 3 to open in the cell the last entry was made (which is the corresponding cell on sheet 2 because sheet 3 is completly locked except for the link to sheet 2) Is there a simple way to perform this task? ...

Problem with hotmail
I am having a problem with all Hotmail accounts on my system. Both Outlook 2002 and OE 6. Problem: Keeps asking for Username and Password. UserID and Password have been verified (via direct Internet Explorer Hotmail.MSN.Com login) I wish I could find what could possibly be wrong. These settings used to work fine. No new changes (only blocked cookies from trash sites to limit junk. hotmail.com is a trused site. msn.com is a trused site. I believe it is a security issue with some script from Hotmail, but can not find the setting. Too much spam in e-mails to reset security at this poi...

Excel cahrt do not want plotting of empty cells
Hi, I have a chart I am trying to create, however, i not want to plot the empty ranges. I have used the NA() option in my formulas so that it does not get plotetd on my graphs but it is not working. How can I fix this error? Hi, What exactly does 'not working' mean? What type of chart? The use of NA() in a line chart will only suppress the displaying of a data marker. The line will be interpolated between real data points. http://www.andypope.info/charts/brokenlines.htm Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info <roniaelm@hotmail.com> wrote...

how do I export an excel graph in the 2000 version?
Depends what "export" means. You can copy and paste a chart from Excel to most programs. Generally a Paste Special works best when you just want a picture of the chart in say a Word or PPT document. If you want the chart in its own file, paste to a graphics program and do a Save As And then there are macro solutions. Hope this helps; come back will more details if not -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Paul" <Paul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1BE3E55A-1A62-4437-809E-99744CB6A96A@microsoft.com... > ...

Autonumber problem
Hi, I have a problem with autonumber field in my project: when I deleted some last records, it seems MS Access saved the last number of the autonumber. So when I added a new record, the number would be skipped from the previous record. I'd like the next record will be in order from the previous record in my outonumber field. Is anybody can tell me how to solve this problem?. Thanks... KT -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200707/1 If the value of the autonumber actually matters then you shouldn't be using atuonu...

Problem with CTreeCtrl and WS_CLIPCHILDREN
Hi All, I have a modeless dialog that is a child of a view. The dialog has the WS_CLIPCHILDREN flag set so that it reduces the flickering effect of resize and redraws. The dialog has a CTreeCtrl with tooltips. Here is the problem: If I have a enough items in the tree control to where the vertical scroll bar is shown, and an item is long enough where the tooltip shows up. When I hover over a long item and the tooltip is up, if I scroll the tree control the new item which should be drawn where the tooltip was in not drawn at all (the background of the dialog box is drawn instead). This is e...

send/reveice problem
I'm working with W2k and Office2K on a Dell machine I'm working in disconnected mode and when I synchronize the VPN is starting automatically and it send the email, but some time they don't leave the outbox. So I have to open the mail, close it and synchronize and then it goes away, I have to do that on each email waiting on the outbox. But sometime they leave the outbox without any problem. Any idea of what I could do ? Thank's in advance. Louis ...

Printing Problem
I have made/designed a business card with MS Publisher(10.2621.2625) and set my Epson 680 to print ten per page on custom bought card which is standard and scored into two columns of five with waste around the margins border. I did a trial print on normal A4 and overlaid it to make sure that the print area corresponded exactly to the card. It did perfectly. When I tried to use this pre-scored business card, I would load the card in the printer tray, trying both sides - whether one sheet, two etc. - I tried all permutations, then try to print this same job that had just printed perfectly on no...

Vlookup Problem #6
Good afternoon everyone, Using Windows & Excel XP I'm having a problem with the =VLOOKUP function. In the help section it says that it searches for a value in the leftmost column of a table. What I want it to is to search the first two column of a table. For example I have a worksheet called "winners" that looks like this, A B C ------------------------------- 1 0 0 Nothing 2 0 1 $3 3 1 1 $4 4 2 0 Nothing 5 2 1 $7 on...

Concatenate error/problem
Hi All, Who can help me with this problem>>?? I have to concatenate 5 items (and between all items an ", " (comma)), which I let lookup from a list containing 24 rows. This is what I'm using: =CONCATENATE((VLOOKUP(B28,I30:N54,6,0)),", ",(VLOOKUP(B32,I30:N54,6,0)),", ",(VLOOKUP(B36,I30:N54,6,0)),", ",(VLOOKUP(B40,I30:N54,6,0)),", ",(VLOOKUP(B44,I30:N54,6,0)),".") In some cases my lookup value is empty... Now I get a #N/A error How can I do this right. Example: If all my lookup value are filled I get this: 1000, 2000, 3000, ...

Missing Menu Bar
I have a situation where the menu bar has disappeared. I closed and re-opened Excel, checked to see if the menu bar has been hidden but with no luck. Is there some kind of refresh process that can be tried to re-activate the menu bar? I could not find anything in Excel help. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks, Ian Hi Ian! With a workbook open, use ALT+F11 [Gets you to the Visual Basic Editor (VBE)] View > Immediate window Copy/paste or type the code line below into the Immediate window and then press ENTER Application.CommandBars("Worksheet Menu Bar").Enable...