Excel Pivot Table with Access

I have Excel Pivot Tables that link to an access database to pull only
certain info.  I would like users to be able to update their individual pivot
table without being able to change the query to include additional
information.

When I disable pivot table use,  the pivot table won't update on open.

Thanks for any help.
--
Jack

query with inline dummy table
Is there a way in Access to create a query that contains the table records within the query itself? I want to avoid creating a dummy table and just use values within the query definition. I was thinking about using syntax similar to the insert into statement I would use to populate the dummy table, but I'm not sure if I have a syntax problem or I'm trying to solve an impossible problem. The query I'm thinking of might look something like this: select * from values("test"); -or- select * from ( ("1/1/07","2/1/07","3/1/07","4/1/07&qu...

How do I toggle between worksheets in the same Excel file ?
Please tell me the keyboard shortcut to toggle between worksheets in the same Excel file. My OS is XP and am using Excel 2000. Ctrl+PageUp and Ctrl+PageDown Regards Rowan Sameer wrote: > Please tell me the keyboard shortcut to toggle between worksheets in the same > Excel file. My OS is XP and am using Excel 2000. ...

Opening Excel #5
When opening excel 10 different audio files have attached themselves to the start of each file. It's like the New Cd with Rod Stewart have transferred to excel. When launched, XL opens (or attempts to open) all files in your XLStart directory and, if an additional folder is designated, the files in Tools>Options>General Tab>At startup, open all file in___. Most users leave this option blank and remove all non-essential files from XLStart. -- Greeting from the Gulf Coast! http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays "GOLFBALL49" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrot...

Excel 97 / Excel 2000 compatibility problem?
Hello, I=B4m developing an Excel application with Excel 97. I have added a control toolbox of type textbox to one of=20 its worksheets. Until now it was no problem to run it with Excel 2000. But in the latest version the textbox disappears in Excel=20 2000. It is still visible on the sheet, but its name is=20 not more known in the Excel-VBA-Code nor is it visible in=20 the editor windows class list. Has anybody an explanation for this behaviour? Regards Michael ...

growing excel database
Hello everyone! It is possible to import data into excel from the web. It is also possible update this data IN THE SAME CELLS. In other words, the values that once occupied the cells are replaced with new values. That is a problem for me. I would like updated information to be pasted in rows above the old data. Is this possible? If so, how? Piotr, Yes, it is possible to import data into Excel from the web. Web queries are designed to do this and if a web query can't do what you need, then there are ways to automate Internet Explorer (i.e. IE Automation). You can record a m...

Sorting issue
Hello, I am having a problem sorting two columns (one is the street name and the other is the street number eg. 321 Smith St) in Excel 2007 by using a custom sort. Let's say that the data in column A is the number and B is the street name. I have the sort setup to sort first by B then by A. The problem is with the numbers. Some numbers are out of order in the spreadsheet although the majority are correct. I have formatted the number column (A) as a number as well. I have also tried creating a new spreadsheet and pasting (paste special) the data into it with the same result. Can anyo...

Excel sheet
I want to increase value by 1 of every cell which I entered by using formula. How can do this? I want automatic result in excel I am getting problem by this You are in a Microsoft Publisher ng. But if you want to number a column, i.e., line numbers, this may be what you want In A1 put 1 In A2 put =1+a1 Now copy A2 down to whatever you want. I think this is how it goes in Excel; I'm a Lotus 1-2-3 user and the formuli are a bit different. Have a Merry! -- Don Vancouver, USA "vasanth" <u40119@uwe> wrote in message news:7d26017dc9997@uwe... >I want to incr...

Strange Excel behaviour

complicated excel template
I am on the beginning phases of a manufacturing template. Hopefully som of you can help me out. I need to determine how many parts of a certai item I can obtain from a determined square foot of material. Fo example: how many parts of 1" x 1.5" widgets can I get from a 48" x 96 sheet -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You could use something simple like: =INT(C1/A1)*INT(D1/B1) where A1 = part width, B1 = part length, C1 = sheet width, D1 = sheet length. Of course this does not take into account any unique cutting patterns that minimize scrap. It's assume...

Planning training in Excel
I have been tasked to organise training for my company and they have asked me to use MS Project, which has totally blown my mind. Having done some investigating Project will not give me the answers that I need surprisingly, but I am hoping Excel will I am really trying hard to figure a way of schedulign training for 200 individuals, with 20 different modules (fixed dates) and take into account holidays. So for instance Joe Bloggs needs to attend Module A, B & D over the next 3 months, but he also has 2 weeks holiday booked. There are four other people in his department but I can only all...

Auto-changing of Excel Files' name
Ever since we changed our server's O/S from Windows Server NT 4.0 to Windows Server 2003, all excel files' name will get changed by itself when they are accessed from any terminal within the LAN, which is running Windows 98 or Windows XP. What could be the cause(s) of this strange problem? Any solution? ...

Create drop down list in Excel 2007
Hi Could you please share with me how to create drop down list in Excel 2007? Thanks in advanced What version of Excel are you using? "lee-sc" wrote: > Hi > > Could you please share with me how to create drop down list in Excel 2007? > > Thanks in advanced > Sorry Lee-sc, hit the send button to quick in my previous post. In the Data menu, choose "Data Valiation", then "Data Validation". Under Settings, select "List" in he "Allow" drop down box. In the "Source" field, type in or se...

how can i set up an automatic "date update" in excel?
In other words, i would like excel to update this cell with the current date every time when i open the document. Can i do that? one way: =TODAY() In article <D8818AFF-8489-4FF1-B94D-A08FB0B45F01@microsoft.com>, "Litzyam" <Litzyam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > In other words, i would like excel to update this cell with the current date > every time when i open the document. Can i do that? One way =today() HTH "Litzyam" wrote: > In other words, i would like excel to update this cell with the current date > every time when i open t...

Excel 95 to Excel 2003
Anyone know if it's possible to convert Excel 95 files to Excel 2003? If so, how. Thanks in advance Open the file in 2003 and SAVE as you would a file created in 2003. If not absolutely positive, save as a different name. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Cooper" <kcooper2@austin.rr.com> wrote in message news:uqLpEuG4EHA.1292@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Anyone know if it's possible to convert Excel 95 files to Excel 2003? If > so, how. > > Thanks in advance > > Open in XL 2003, when you close it, it should, ask you if you w...

Exporting the subreports to an excel
Hi , once i am able to create the sub reports when i export this to an excel i am not able to see the data.. can you please help me out with this.. Thanks in Advance Kasaiah ...

Excel appearance
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel when I open up a worksheet the view is too small so I zoom to 150% which is perfect. I cannot find a way to keep this preference as my default when opening other worksheets. i am a new user for Mac. thanks You can't do this in Excel 2008 because it has no VBA. Each workbook will open at the zoom ratio it was last saved at. In the next version of Excel, you will be able to make a simple macro to set the zoom on opening. Cheers On 17/03/10 5:20 AM, in article 59bb557f.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, ...

Generated Excel 97 documents limited to one worksheet
Hi everyone, I read in several articles that if I want to generate an Excel 97 document dynamically, using ASP for example, by setting the content type to application/vnd.ms-excel, I read that in this case, the document is limited to one worksheet and the user will only be able to view one document max. at a time. Actually, I tried it myself, and it's true. The moment I open a second browser window and try to access the same page that generates the Excel document, the first page goes blank. My quetion is, whether there's an official Microsoft document of MSDN KB article that states t...

Excel formula bar
I want to insert in my formula bar the = sign as an function with my mouse - as I was able to do with my older excell. The 2003 excel shows the fx sign, which I do not want Thanks. Hi Jacko! Try: Tools > Customize > Commands Tab Under Insert you'll find the = sign that you can drag to a toolbar. It doesn't work the same as earlier versions of Excel but does what you ask. -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) available free to good homes. "Jacko Maree" &...

Excel to Excel Automation
Could someone please explain the best process for taking data that has been typed into certain cells in spreadsheet and sending this information to another spreadsheet, in a different location.. Is this possible thorough VBA. Thanks for any advice.. Larry Bargers -- lbargers ------------------------------------------------------------------------ lbargers's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=32798 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=526211 You are really better off using the destination to pull the info from the ...

Exporting database documenter info to table
Used to be you could export table and field information via the database documenter to a table. Does anyone out there have any pointers on how do to that in 2007? It appears to try but fails - in my case anyhow - with messages like "doc_rptObject does not exist... and/or doc_rptObject can not be opened". Thanks. "Browser" <Browser@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5F5602D4-FB58-437F-BDC0-E1E90D851C62@microsoft.com... > Used to be you could export table and field information via the database > documenter to a table. Does anyone ou...

Excel 2002 and Excel 2000
Im pretty sure that this is a issue between the two different versions. I have file that was created in Excel 2002 and when it is opened in Excel 2000 the page breaks are different. What was supposed to be a one full page document in 2002 is about a third page in excel 2000. Anyone else seen this? Its not a problem for me to change the page breaks but for some other users who know nothing about computers its more than what they want to do. Could it be the way the document was made? ...

can not rerun Make table query
I set up a make table query to get a List of Jobs that I care about scheduling for the month - at the end of each Day I would like to update and Over write this with a New list of Jobs that I care about - the make table that I am creating is calls JobstoSched when I try and rerun the make table query it gives me an error- You can't delete the table JobstoSched; it is participating in one or more relationshiops. I went to the relationships window an delted the only line there was. I am using this table to populate a dropdown list of jobs to sched. - not sure why I can'...

VBA From Excel
I wanted to automate running a combined group report set in GP 10. I wanted to automate the process using vba in excel. What is the best way to access to GP object model in excel vba? There aren't too many options for this, even with the GP object model. 1) Use Continuum Integration Library to run the reports with pass-through Dexterity Sanscript. Set CompilerApp = CreateObject("Dynamics.Application") CompilerCmd = "" CompilerCmd = "run report report_name with restriction...;" ... ... CompilerError = CompilerApp.ExecuteSanscript(CompilerCmd, CompilerMess...

Exporting Baseline to excel
Hey All, This question is directly to Rod Gill or someone who can help....Rod i have prchased your book "VBA PROGRAMMING for microsoft project versions 98 through 2007" and i'm using de module 27 to buid some reports here but i'm having the hard time to find out how to export baseline data..is very awkward..i know how to set the code to bring the information but I only to do it once..when i save the baseline of the project but 2 weeks later when i try it agin the macro brings me blank...i'm going cazy because i cant understand how the macro bring the informat...